English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

I realised you would play 3-5-2 so changed.formation and played you off the park. So I resent that we don't do much with our formation. We have also gone 11 unbeaten with 3 different formations.

I have also put many hours into getting.the squad.I.do. Our brand new signing even scored.against.you tonight.

But anyway' date=' unlucky mate it was a close run thing. Our last 12 games have been a blur and we have propelled our way into a chance at promotion. Two finals to go.[/quote']

I don't understand how you came to the conclusion I'd use 3-5-2 when I hardly use it and resent the people that do

And my point was that your side along with city are much too good to be oh this division, therefore in a 38 game season (not just the last 12 games) yourselves and city should walk it, but hey ho, for playing us off the park you kept the ball well and and had more efforts at goal which you should do against an inferior side :rolleyes:

As I said in my post yesterday bring ok next season and hopefully one of these sides are out of the equation!

talking of inferior sides, BRIGHTON are relegated after losing to Tranmere 2-1 despite being 1-0 up and seemingly in control until the 42nd minute equaliser and after that we seemed to give up.

Congratulations to Spurs and everyone else who got promoted, good luck to those in the play offs.

BURY RETURN TO THE BIG TIME AS CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Shocked is an understatement to say the least' date=' When we were relegated at the end of last season my main aim this season was to stop the slippery slide.

We work on a extremely tight budget which sees Bury have one of the smallest squads in the whole gameworld at 22 players as any more then this and we slide into debt too frequently.

To come out on top of a tight league as Champions in a league where Messi and Ronaldo are currently located is unreal to say the least.

Well done to Forest on promotion and comiserations to Sheffield Utd who both pushed us the whole way.

Whether we can keep ourselves up in Division One is another matter as its one of the hardest leagues in the whole of Soccermanager.

Player of the season Loic Remy produced tonight when it most mattered to beat Aston Villa 2-1 and score his 19th goal of the season.

We now look forward to locking horns back in Division One with some old friendly faces.[/quote']

well done m8, magnificent performance!

Well done all those whose teams didn't throw the last game 3 - 0 and fail to qualify on goal difference...:mad:

In response , entire Yeovil side is being sold to wipe the 30M debt we have racked up going for promotion.

Most will go external. However there are 4 prime candidates for bigger clubs in Rafinha , Fuchs ,Kieta and Jonas who I will hold out for a decent bid , so long as it comes quickly. So if you fancy a Bayern, Roma , Valencia, or Schalke starter make a bid. In fact bid on any player I have and I will most likely accept so long as it is more than I paid...

Next season will be tough love for Yeovil

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice little Christmas Surprise Dominik Kohr has quickly risen +2 to 84 and ive already made a profit if I sell. Im glad hes another one ive managed to pick up and its just making the reserves that little stronger but may sell him for CV if a lower league team wants a decent young player :)

Well done all those whose teams didn't throw the last game 3 - 0 and fail to qualify on goal difference...:mad:

In response ' date=' entire Yeovil side is being sold to wipe the 30M debt we have racked up going for promotion.

Most will go external. However there are 4 prime candidates for bigger clubs in Rafinha , Fuchs ,Kieta and Jonas who I will hold out for a decent bid , so long as it comes quickly. So if you fancy a Bayern, Roma , Valencia, or Schalke starter make a bid. In fact bid on any player I have and I will most likely accept so long as it is more than I paid...

Next season will be tough love for Yeovil

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

You need to remove or lower rafinhas minimum fee. My chairman wont let me bid so dont think anyone else will be able

Tranmere won there biggest game of the season last night against Brighton. The 1-2 win secured Championship football next season and sent our opponents Brighton who we had never beaten before down to League 1.

Kampl had put the hosts in front but Polanski put us level just a few minutes before half time, Jeans goal 8 minutes into the second half earned us the important 3 points.

Unlucky Smut.

We have brought in four youngsters:

Amer Gojak~Surprised this kid was at external, has been sounded out by Chelsea, Man City, Man United & Ajax.

He has a bag of tricks, not afraid to take players on and has an eye for goal, awesome talent for a 17 y old midfielder.

EKZpwKHu6qk

We also brought back John Souttar, Joris Kayembe & Igor Lichnovsky.

We spent 8 million on the quartet.

nzonzi-out-for-stoke-136387221621310401-140201002006.jpg

Steven N'ZONZI has completed his move to Aldershot Town from AFC Bournemouth for 7,000,000 plus Tobias FIGUEIREDO

I'm happy to bring N'zonzi back. We were not looking to get him, but we saw the opportunity and we took it, as i believe it may turn out to be a very good deal for us. His recent performances for Stoke in Premier League have been really impressive, so i believe his rating may increase in future, and he may have what it takes to make it in a bigger team. He's a solid addition to our midfield!

In other great news, our young talented LB Baba got a juicy +3 rise to 85!

fca-baba-mediadays.jpg

Baba is obviously happy with his rise. So do i!

hi-res-1ea945d7e4d5fa6b79bf2a215a5b2c29_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=227&q=85

Torres Still A Part Of Arsenal's Long Term Plans!

After under going his 3rd season now with Arsenal Spanish Striker Fernando Torres has came out saying he still has the backing of the head coach Beckett. The 30 year old who has just posted his best season yet has said he is finding his form again and yes relegation came as a shock to most of the team, and changes are under going but he has been backed to be in the season 12 squad, this news comes on the same day that David Villa was told he would be no longer needed by the new Div 2 squad, the Spanish AM/FWD has said he would love to say in Div 1 football and don't wanna turn out like Kaka with no game time sitting on the bench the Spanish star has sent out request's to clubs to look into his signing as he wants a quick move from the Gunners.

Good luck tonight to Sheff United' date=' Man City, Ipswich, MK Dons, Birmingham, QPR, Hartlepool, Gillingham, Bournemouth, Dagenham, Southend & Doncaster on the play-off lottery.[/quote']

Yes, good luck to all.

I still wonder why the play-off semi final isn't played over two legs like in real life. It wouldn't be hard to separate fixtures to give enough time for rest (like the normal season schedule).

For example, the first leg of the semi-final could have been played tomorrow, whilst the second leg could have been played next Wednesday. That would then allow a final 'rest' before the finals that could be played either next Saturday or Sunday.

Yes' date=' good luck to all.

I still wonder why the play-off semi final isn't played over two legs like in real life. It wouldn't be hard to separate fixtures to give enough time for rest (like the normal season schedule).

For example, the first leg of the semi-final could have been played tomorrow, whilst the second leg could have been played next Wednesday. That would then allow a final 'rest' before the finals that could be played either next Saturday or Sunday.[/quote']

You have the Europa league final and the Champions league final on the Tuesday then the World Cup Thursday through Monday so the schedule is cramped.

Hancock not logged in for 27 days surely he will log in and not lose his Chelsea?Awesome squad he has there.

Yes' date=' good luck to all.

For example, the first leg of the semi-final could have been played tomorrow, whilst the second leg could have been played next Wednesday. That would then allow a final 'rest' before the finals that could be played either next Saturday or Sunday.[/quote']

First of all, congratulations on the tittle mate....great achievement!

Secondly it's nice of you to express your opinions on the play-offs especially as you could be celebrating your success! I agree with you 100% now that I'm in that position and most of my players are unfit specially might suffer tonight as my top scorer will not be starting due to being unfit :(

Anyways hope I can win and get the promotion.....good luck to the rest in other divisions only mind, lol!

Good luck tonight to Sheff United' date=' Man City, Ipswich, MK Dons, Birmingham, QPR, Hartlepool, Gillingham, Bournemouth, Dagenham, Southend & Doncaster on the play-off lottery.[/quote']

Yes good luck to all but for me personally I hope Man city , Birmigham win promotion. And I dont give a rats behind about Div 4 :)

I will be watching closely :)

Feeling absolutely angry and feed up with SM at the min. In end of the season, Birmingham dropped a lot of points we should never have dropped.

Tonight we lost to QPR, again not exactly deserving to lose and plus they had 2 red cards....fuming!

-----------------

Otamendi also leaving seeing one of my old favourite players returning to St. Andrews........CERCI!!!

Next season our fans will be pleased to watch Zapata, Ayew, Damiao, Ramos and Cerci in our attack, hopefully that will fire us to div 2.

We will play attacking football no matter who we play, from first minute to the last!

----

Rochdale agree to sign Juanfran!!!

juanfran.jpg

Rochdale are delighted to announce a big name signing after agreeing a deal with Arsenal for the Spainish International right back.

Our best player from his season Yoann Gourcuff (14 goals, 7 assists) will move to the Emirates, along with promising Portugal u-21 international Ricardo Perreira (85).

Our defence is looking very good now, but midfield has been weakened alot so on the look out for a 88+ CM or 88+ striker.

Next seasons squad (So far)

Leali (85)

Juanfran (91) Cahill (91) Vermaelen (90) Willems (87)

Rafa (86) Clasie (89) Taison (89)

Doumbia (90) Farfan (91) Destro (89)

Subs: Koulibaly (87), Toloi (87), Souare (87), Gomez (83), Prcic (83),

Caio (82), Mane (82)

Eleven of the eighteen of those are my signings (In red) so really feel that this is my team now after 1 and a half seasons in charge. Couple more signings and some decent loans and really feel we can get top 6.

Also my back-up keeper Dragowski rose from 75 -> 78 this morning :D

Liverpool have re-signed Otamendi in a deal that will have fans left scratching their heads, he was initially sold to Birmingham along with Ramos and 2 million for Cerci and then just a season on we buy him back in a straight swap for Cerci.

All I can say is Cerci just never really fitted into the squad or performed when he did get a game, he has made 20 starts and 7 substitute appearances in all competition yet only delivered a paltry 2 goals and 2 assists.He also somehow picked up a level 2 concern which would only have risen further as I had lost all confidence in him so cutting our losses and trading him back to Birmingham for Otamendi seemed the best option.

I like Otamendi he has the ability to play right back or centre back so he will get some games especially since Liverpool are going to try and win a domestic cup next season.

This means that Zuniga is now available for transfer.

20872.jpg

90 Rated right-back/left-back Zuniga can leave' date=' looking for a p/e deal, we have just brought in a secondary right back and already have two left backs so he is not really needed, will be a good addition to someones squad.[/b']

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice signing :)

juanfran.jpg

Rochdale are delighted to announce a big name signing after agreeing a deal with Arsenal for the Spainish International right back.

Our best player from his season Yoann Gourcuff (14 goals' date=' 7 assists) will move to the Emirates, along with promising Portugal u-21 international Ricardo Perreira (85).

Our defence is looking very good now, but midfield has been weakened alot so on the look out for a 88+ CM or 88+ striker.

Next seasons squad (So far)

Leali (85)

Juanfran (91) Cahill (91) Vermaelen (90) Willems (87)

Rafa (86) Clasie (89) Taison (89)

Doumbia (90) Farfan (91) Destro (89)

Subs: Koulibaly (87), Toloi (87), Souare (87), Gomez (83), Prcic (83),

Caio (82), Mane (82)

Eleven of the eighteen of those are my signings (In red) so really feel that this is my team now after 1 and a half seasons in charge. Couple more signings and some decent loans and really feel we can get top 6.

Also my back-up keeper Dragowski rose from 75 -> 78 this morning :D

Great squad, if you get a solid keeper id make you my Fav's for promotion next year:D

Well, we've managed to secure Division 1 football for another season. Commiserations to Walsall, always a harsh occurrence to go down on goal difference. Our defence has been quite solid for a lower table team (with the obvious exception of the final game where we conceded 5 to the Champions Tottenham - congratulations Ben!) - so we have this to thank for our superior goal difference.

I've started preparations for the new season already: Ledesma and Heitinga have departed (after both dropping rating) in order to decrease the wage bill. With some of this income I've made one big name signing in Luis Pizzi - not a remarkable player, however, much of my squad are either veterans or youngsters so at the age of 25 he should help balance the team. Not to mention the fact that he has three fellow Portuguese comrades in the first team to work alongside.

The recent rating reviews have been tough on my first team but there have been some convincing rises among my youngsters. Valentino Lazaro rose from 80 > 82 yesterday and with the squad becoming smaller he will likely see some action during the weeks with 3 matches.

The main player I'm looking to sell is Eljero Elia. He's had a tough time with Werder Bremen IRL, however, he looks set to sign for Southampton (who are doing well in the Premier League) next month so that could revitalise his career. He's performed well for me in midfield but I signed him as a second choice striker and after not scoring a single goal this season it seems he does not fit in with my style. Willing to let him go for cash or swap him for another striker of similar value.