English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Liverpool beat Middlesbrough 5 - 3 in a penalty shootout after they could not be seperated at the final whistle, with the match ending 2 - 2.

Robben scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ribéry was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Third time lucky and the Super Cup comes to Liverpool, we raced to an early two goal lead but Boro drew back level only to be outdone on penalties.

Not the greatest trophy to add to the trophy cabinet but better than not winning it, start the season as you mean to go on I say. :)

Unlucky 352(Jooles)

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Posted Images

Liverpool beat Middlesbrough 5 - 3 in a penalty shootout after they could not be seperated at the final whistle' date=' with the match ending 2 - 2.

Robben scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ribéry was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Third time lucky and the Super Cup comes to Liverpool, we raced to an early two goal lead but Boro drew back level only to be outdone on penalties.

Not the greatest trophy to add to the trophy cabinet but better than not winning it, start the season as you mean to go on I say. :)

Unlucky 352(Jooles)[/quote']

Fantastic... what a season lad ;)

A good Pre-Season for Rochdale with 4 wins from 5. Means nothing but hopefully that continues for tomorrow. Taison and new boy Farfan with 3 goals each in those games, while Classie got two.

Travel to Sorpe and going for the win. Results have been even in the last four meetings, with each side winning one.

Ulreich, Juanfran and Palacio will all make there official debuts in tomorrows game.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow (Except Sorpe :P) and have a good season all :D

Liverpool face division one new-boys Bury in the opener, I have fond memories of playing them as three seasons ago we played them in Noisy's in what I think was his first game in charge of Bury, we collected an 8-1 win playing a 4-5-1 False 9 it still stands as our club record away win, none of that today though as we set-out in a formation we tested out at the back end of last season:

1179985_Liverpool.jpg

Good luck Noisy and to all in the new season ahead.

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

MILLWALL had fine pre-season with 5 wins out of 5

Our new signings played well.

JIRACEK

CANNAVARO

ADIN

BENALOUANE

NAISMITH

• ANDERSON on loan from Fulham got 10/10 man of match and scored in our 4-1 win v Villa.

Matchday will be totally different and I'm not used to winning 5 matches pre season :D

150px-Wigan_Athletic.svg.png

-Wigan Athletic Team News-

And so the pre-season draws to a close and it's been an interesting 5 games. My very first games here in 7046.. And even tho my first real game is tomorrow I've enjoyed this thouroughly.

5 games played

0 games lost

2 games drawn

3 games won.

Hartlepool

Everton

Bristol

All were beaten by me, whilst I drew against Preston and Aldershot.

8 goals scored in total in these matches and Giampaolo Pazzini scored 4 of these. Not a bad start.. add to that he assisted 2 goals and he was involved in 80% of our goals in the pre-season. He has established himself as my first choice striker and will continue to be so for the time being. Luis Muriel will be his biggest threat.

-Marquinhos-

Corrêa MARQUINHOS has put pen to paper and signed a new 5 season contract. Any concerns the player had regarding his wages have now been removed.

After receiving some bad bids and some very good bids I've decided to keep Marquinhos for the time being. I managed to bag myself Musacchio and I can't really think of a CB partnership that I'd rather go into the new season with. Thus Marquinhos will remain at Wigan for atleast another season.

One never knows what'll happen come next season!

-The Team-

With the arrivals of Luis Muriel and Mateo Musacchio and the departure of Sven Bender, my team is ready for the season.

I got some more depth in the striker department and I got a decent replacement for Bender in the backline.

The team will start against Blackburn something like this:

Valdes

Iraola Marquinhos Musacchio Armero

Florenzi Diarra De Jong Nolito

Scocco

Pazzini

Thats it for me for this time around .. I'll come back with a match report after the game against Blackburn!

Done a little write up on the report thread about Leeds' transfer activity

We start at home to Preston tonight, a side who haven't had their manager sign in for just over 2 weeks. I normally do terrible against these sides, particularly with 3-5-2 probably set up ready for me! I have easily countered it in the past, but this is SM after all! :D

Good luck to everyone tonight

OyA0Tsn.png

HAS THE MASTER TURNED ON THE APPRENTICE?

https://ec7046blog.wordpress.com/2015/01/09/has-the-master-turned-on-the-apprentice/

Don't let the title mislead you. You know what the British media are usually like ;)

Nice article Ben.

Third time lucky and the Super Cup comes to Liverpool' date=' we raced to an early two goal lead but Boro drew back level only to be outdone on penalties.

Unlucky 352(Jooles)[/quote']

Gratz Dan.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWSXyFlQ-yTH9nHJiQOaeqCzzTtceOcEGnJDsPzMY-HskTbd7QgQSwansea City

Swansea have managed to bring in two quality players in Ivan Rakitic and Daley Blind. Out went Tadic, Ramires and Milner. After a disappointing last season, Swansea are out to challenge for the title and hopefully bring the Trophy back to Wales.

Good luck to all, have a feeling another close season ahead...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNMbT6vHdpsMtWzymmih_jw7UPGW29l0fwR6N4yTLxCmygFM_A

Birmingham start their season by visiting Shrewsbury Town. A team who have been lucky enough to have a stabled managed in for 180 odd games, and it is pretty lame that their squad is still full of rubbish.

Anyways Birmingham give debuts to Zuniga, Menez, Narsingh and the one and only Cerci who recently came back for a second sting at St. Andrews.

On the bench there could also be debuts for Oliveira, Ledley, Krstict and the young starlet Hrgota who has been absolutely fantastic in pre-season!

Hopefully we can get off to a good start here, all that is important tonight is the 3 points and the boys have been told to do all they can to achieve that. We have a strong back 4, and hopefully the midfield can create plenty of chances for Cerci and Menez to punish Shrewsbury!

------

Disappointing draw for Leeds against Preston. Always frustrating to drop points to a side who aren't really being managed :rolleyes:

It now means our trip to Bristol City is massive! Lose and we could drop out of the play offs. Win and we could put a lot more pressure on the sides above us. Our disappointing form of late is what has cost us a chance at those automatic places' date=' and seeing how poor the top 3 or 4 sides have been we could have even gone for the title! :eek:[/quote']

Welcome to my world. Been in division 2 since season 3 and been constantly losing to teams who play NMF sides while i constantly swapped my tactics and rotated my players who were under 90% so last season i gave up with the tactics as it was a waste of my time

Welcome to my world. Been in division 2 since season 3 and been constantly losing to teams who play NMF sides while i constantly swapped my tactics and rotated my players who were under 90% so last season i gave up with the tactics as it was a waste of my time

Wow you looked far back into the thread! :eek:

And we're off to a good start. Transfer target Jeremy Mathieu scored a goal, kept a clean sheet, and won MotM to give the manager second thoughts on selling him, and Mohamed Salah put the icing on the cake with the second goal of the game, cementing his position in the middle of the park for Forest.

Next up we take on Everton, who possess a far stronger team than us. We'll have to change from our usual tactics to pick up a result against them.

1 down, 37 to go :D:cool:

City go down 2-1 at home to Tranmere a side i always seem to struggle against no matter who i manage lol. Two quick fire strikes early in the first half did the damage.

Not the started i wanted change the formation and this is the result. Must do better with this squad of players.

Charlton 2-3 Tottenham

A late Giovani Dos Santos goal snatched all three points for us at The Valley. Dos Santos opened the scoring in the 32nd minute, but his joy was short lived, as Davide Astori equalised just two minutes later.

Gareth Bale scored a long range free-kick just before half-time and looked to have decided the game heading into the final fifteen minutes of a relatively quiet second half, but Nani popped up to equalise for Charlton once more in the 72nd minute.

The winning goal also came through a Bale free-kick, although it wasn't the Welshman who got his name on the score sheet this time around. Instead, his ball in towards the far post was met by the head of Dos Santos with six minutes left, and that was all she wrote.

An excellent win for us on the opening day of the new season, as we look to retain our Division One title. Unlucky, Adriano. Good game :)

Edit: Ranocchia is injured for five weeks, having just come back from a five week injury at the end of last season. All in all, since joining the club on the final day of October last year, the Italian has only featured in six games (four starts and two substitute appearances), and is now going to be out until the middle of Febuary. That'll make it just six appearances in nearly five months when he returns from his current injury. Fun :P