English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Aldershot Town beat Reading 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Insigne scored the winner for Aldershot Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Young Player of the Year Insigne made all the difference tonight, scoring the winner from a well taken free-kick early in the match! It was a perfectly balanced match. Both teams could have scored after, but both goalkeepers were in good form. Very important win for us to confirm our great start of the season. Good match.

Insigne420.jpg

Italian magician Lorenzo Insigne was once again MOTM tonight!

Liverpool take on their Merseyside rivals Everton on Wednesday on a game where both sides will be missing stars, Everton will have to do without defensive duo Benatia & Schmelzer whilst Liverpool will miss the trio of Javi Martinez, Robben & Mangala.

The derby games between the pair usually throw up a bundle of goals with twenty-two goals scored in the last four games between the sides, Liverpool have won the last two at Goodison 3-1.

I am looking forward to the game as always, it is disappointing that we are missing Robben,Martinez & Mangala but Ayew, Veretout & Castan should be adequate cover, would I say I was confident going into this game? It would be fair to say I am looking forward to playing against the poor defence of our poor neighbours, first off though we have an important Champions League game against Leverkusen.

Win,lose,draw for Hull in our first 3 games for the season after our last match ended 2-2 draw with Bristol R.(goals from Soriano and Douglas),moved up to the 10th position but will be looking for our second win this season against Oldham.

Peterborough decided to reinvest 7 of the 16million received from the Caner Erkin deal:

The offer for Free Agent George WILLIAMS from Peterborough United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Worth the 8k risk. Played a key role in Worchester City's "dream" FA Cup run. Now at Barnsley, he has 95 minutes of action under his belt...

The offer for Fredy MONTERO of Sporting CP from Peterborough United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Used to light up the MLS with Seattle but now has a regular role at Sporting Lisbon.

The offer for Erik ANDERSSON of Malmö FF from Peterborough United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

A top prospect. A Swedish U-17 captain. Recently joined Sweden's top club Malmo. More than happy to get him.

The offer for Max CHRISTIANSEN of Hansa Rostock from Peterborough United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Max has been on my radar ever since I took over Peterborough, as he was a regular player for the German U-19 squad. However, I was reluctant to purchase him earlier as he was playing for Hanna Rostock, a team facing the relegation battle in the 3. Liga. (1 league below 2.Bundesliga). But now that he has since moved to Ingolstadt, a team 7 points atop the 2. Bundesliga, it seems as the best time to purchase him!

Chesterfield fell to our second loss of the season with a 2-1 loss to Exeter City. City's Luiz Adriano and Alexander Meier scored the goals while Spireites Sergio Canales got a goal in reply.

Chesterfield have yet to get a win in the new season with two losses and a draw, dropping us into the relegation zone however the losses have been by fine margins (aside from the Aldershot game) but the lack of form of captain Claudio Bravo has me considering whether I should get a loan signing to challenge him.

On the transfer front news,

Rickie Lambert has completed his move to Yeovil Town (Mister Malcomn) from Chesterfield (GLORY DAYS) for 9,000,000.

A big name departure to our rivals Yeovil Town. Given the competition of Adebayor and Paloschi, our finances couldn't support another top line striker who was getting limited time. An offer of 9 million was too good to pass up and it will keep us in the green for the foreseeable future.

Bruno GASPAR has completed his move to Chesterfield (GLORY DAYS) from Vitória de Guimarães for 1,400,000.

I invested a small amount of the Rickie Lambert money on a promising Bruno Gaspar. He has been getting over 1,000 minutes playing for Vitoria and is the starting right back at the club, skies the limit for this promising young lad. He will bolster our squad but he is essentially one for the future.

Leeds defeat one of the worse Arsenal sides in living memory 2-1 at the Emirates. Goals for us coming from Lucas and Lescott. If we had a decent in form striker we could have turned our dominance in possession into goals' date=' but ah well

The bad side of the story is losing Tadic for 4 weeks and Enner Valencia for 3[/quote']

even worse news is that the child in charge logged in when just a week away from leaving, sad day for 7046.

I am absolutely fuming with this pathetic and unrealistic chairman valuation system! Firstly I wanted to buy Jose Fonte some time ago, however my chairman would even allow me to make any bid on him! Then when I can it's about 20k over the minimum and I was easily beaten to his signature

Now I wait ages for a player to come off T/B and I can't bid on another player because my chairman values players like Mancienne and Richardson at a combined £12million!!!!! :eek:

When you have a poor defence as it is this game really does help you when you try to improve it! Frankly a joke! :mad:

Rant Over :mad:

It's the very first edition of 'In The Spurs Hotseat'. It's basically a question and answer session that I'll most likely be using on players throughout the Spurs squad. Of course, it was only right to select the captain first. Hopefully this should increase my activity on the blog, too (I've been trying to come up something consistent for a while) :)

Transfer MessageJuan MATA has completed his move to Everton from Arsenal in a swap deal for Marcel SCHMELZER and Xherdan SHAQIRI

Oh hi Juan Mata :)

Been putting so many bids around lately I can't even remember when I offered this one but logged in today to see it has been accepted. Big fan of Mata the guy oozes class on his day.

My team is starting to look really mean now mind.

A midfield trio of Wanyama, Mata and Sanchez.

An attacking trio of Lewandowski, Benzema and Gervinho.

With Benatia and Shawcross watching the back

Ahhhh :D

Just in time for the big Derby match we have comming up on Wednesday.

OyA0Tsn.png

IN THE SPURS HOTSEAT: STEVEN GERRARD (THE CAPTAIN)

Quality stuff Ben!

Been putting so many bids around lately I can't even remember when I offered this one but logged in today to see it has been accepted. Big fan of Mata the guy oozes class on his day.

Looks like Big Hammer is back :P The next days should be fun! B) Nice signing Shack.

My team is starting to look really mean now mind.

A midfield trio of Wanyama' date=' Mata and Sanchez.

An attacking trio of Lewandowski, Benzema and Gervinho.

With Benatia and Shawcross watching the back

Ahhhh :D

Just in time for the big Derby match we have coming up on Wednesday.[/quote']

Nice signing Shackyboy it is a bit worrying that another defender leaves Everton though. :eek::eek::eek: He's only got one at the back, one at the back! :eek::eek:

Liverpool warm up for the Merseyside derby with a convincing 4-1 win over Leverkusen in the CL, a brace of goals for both Ribery & Rooney with a brace of assists for Suarez.

Jérémy MOREL has completed his move to Peterborough United from Olympique Marseille for 6,111,000. All other offers were turned down.

Needed another left-back to support Dodo, and so when Morel, who is a regular starter for Marseille popped out, I knew I had to purchase him.. paid a bit over CV due to competition from Chesterfield, but still happy with acquisition!

Oh, and Bulgarian starlet Bozhidar Kraev rises 2 to 78 :)

Probably not the best time to experiment but going for a totally new formation in the big derby match tonight. One that I very rarely come across nowadays, no idea if it will go well or horribly wrong but it's worth a go to fit all my best players into the starting line up :P

Probably not the best time to experiment but going for a totally new formation in the big derby match tonight. One that I very rarely come across nowadays' date=' no idea if it will go well or horribly wrong but it's worth a go to fit all my best players into the starting line up :P[/quote']

I hope it is a 3-3-4 always love playing against that formation :)

Made a few moves inthe transfer market this week

Andre Schurrle joins for Volland and Perisic

Drogba joins for 9.5 million

Jesus Navas joins for M'Vila, Reinartz and Khaceridi

Hopefully these guys will help us in our first season with the big boys :D

Liverpool walk away from Goodison with all three points AGAIN!!

We played them off the park tbh but the scoreline was just a single goal to nil, Rooney & Soldado both had efforts chalked off for offside but Suarez's goal did count and was enough to earn the win..

Good game Shack.

It is always nice to get a win away at your rivals but nowadays that is pretty much a given.YNWA