English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Really happy with our work in the transfer market this season. Overcame opposition to sign Dusan Basta and Andre Hoffmann; both great defensive signings who add depth and options to our defense. Lennon at 8 million will provide flexibility and width in midfield, and Movsisyan has a chance at a sneaky +1 towards the end of the season if Spartak perform well with him.

Also managed to sign several great youngsters for the youth team; Adam Traore, Liam Henderson, Martins Cesar and Ahmed Hassan Koka should all get decent rises by the end of the season, with Isaac Thelin & Younes Namli also possibly joining them if they perform well with their new clubs.

Only thing that could make this transfer market season better would be a big signing, but if that doesn't happen, I'm satisfied nonetheless. Future is bright at Forest.

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Posted Images

Really happy with our work in the transfer market this season. Overcame opposition to sign Dusan Basta and Andre Hoffmann; both great defensive signings who add depth and options to our defense. Lennon at 8 million will provide flexibility and width in midfield' date=' and Movsisyan has a chance at a sneaky +1 towards the end of the season if Spartak perform well with him.

Also managed to sign several great youngsters for the youth team; Adam Traore, Liam Henderson, Martins Cesar and Ahmed Hassan Koka should all get decent rises by the end of the season, with Isaac Thelin & Younes Namli also possibly joining them if they perform well with their new clubs.

Only thing that could make this transfer market season better would be a big signing, but if that doesn't happen, I'm satisfied nonetheless. Future is bright at Forest.[/quote']

Fair play mo! Done a hell of a job sorting that out considering you were in like 700million debt at the start of the season :P

In everton related news we have managed to pick up Lyon centre back Bakary Kone in exchange for Graham Dorrans. Should be me pretty much done for the season now aswell unless I decide any players. Just waiting on Benzemas hopeful rise now.

Also due to lack of replies I'm going to stop my whitty puns in game.. Screw you guys lol

Walsall will roll back the years tonight as we revert to playing 352. Been a long time since we've used it but having won 2 League titles playing it whilst building the team around free scoring midfielder Dembele maybe it's time to bring it back. Dembele has hands down been my best player in 7046, single handedly dragging us up the Divisions but has been forced to take a bit more of a backseat these days following the arrival of a few big name CM's who have all fell well short of expectations and simply haven't performed on the pitch. So tonight it's back to 352 and the team instructions are simply give it to Mousa. :P

Leeds United look favourites to sign Fabricio Collocini!

Had to wait till he turned 33 and even the chairman wouldn't let me use Richardson or Mancienne but lets me use Kelly..... what is it with this game! :rolleyes:

Will be looking to bring Kelly back to the club in the future possibly, but pleased to sign an alright centre half who can partner another experienced pro in Lescott, who is our joint top scorer at the moment! :eek:

Reluctant to use Llorente in a tough looking game against Hartlepool. With a shocking goals to game ratio for us we may have to leave him on the bench

Another defeat for City as we go down 2-1 away at Preston. Very very disappointing start to the season. Tweaked with tactics but nothing is working at the minute.

absolute shocking with the squad i have. My night was compounded with the news that Luke Shaw is sidelined for the next 3 weeks with a groin injury. One more match to go before we welcome Messi back into the fold.

Birmingham keep pressure on league leaders

Today when trying to decide on how to approach this game, my mind was either go there and win the game or go there and absolutely demolish a poor, poor Shorpe team.

So I decided to go there with a weaker team knowing we had to play a far better side on Wednesday with Brighton hosting Birmingham.

This gave us a great opportunity to give debut starts to Brown, Susic, Cuenca and a first start for Hrgota who previously only managed to hit the field as a sub.

Birmingham City outclassed Shorpe United and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Taarabt scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Damião and Cuenca were also amongst the goalscorers.

Cuenca had a good game scoring on his debut and Damiao got his first of the season too.

Taarabt was once again the star man and scoring his second of the season. He has now also 2 assists and 2 MOTM awards to go with it in 4 games. That's a average of 1 goal per game he is involved in, so I've decided Taarabt is no longer available for transfer and will be staying at Birmingham for at least this season.

Adel-Taarabt-008.jpg

We pretty much dominated possession at 62% and had enough chances to win this game by a higher margin or maybe if they had better finishers we could have had a high scoring game.

The win takes us to 3rd place, with 4 wins out of 5.

As I've mentioned, next up we travel to Brighton!

Everton beat Huddersfield Town 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Cleverley scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Benzema and Gervinho were also amongst the goalscorers.

Hate playing against the bloody 541 formation, seems all I ever come up against nowadays. Reverted back to good old 352 and came away with all the points :)

Fairly decent start to the season by all accounts. Be nice once Benatia is off suspension and came come back into the team.

Love seeing an attacking line up of Mata, Sanchez, Gervinho, Lewa and Benzema mind :D arguably the best shape my squad has ever been in player wise.

Aldershot Town outclassed Doncaster Rovers and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Insigne scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Rodrigo was also on the scoresheet for his side.

A very solid performance from Aldershot tonight. We clearly dominated possession, but our attacking players were uninspired tonight. They all had bad ratings. All but Insigne! Our italian superstar was again MOTM, scoring the winning goal and assisting for the other! Such a beast...

We're now alone at the top of Division 3! 5 wins from 5 matches. I'm delighted! :) It's just the start though, we know competition is amazingly tough. We must keep focused and working hard. Defeats will happen, but it wont break us.

Aldershot Town have now won 6 games in a row after beating Doncaster Rovers setting a new club record.

i ... have ... no idea ... what just happened tonight..

o.O

Wigan Athletic beat Swindon Town 7 - 3 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Iraola scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Marquinhos and Pazzini were also amongst the goalscorers.

Benzema with his well deserved +1 this morning. Thought his value would have gone up, looks like it's still the same but that's my only complaint.

I now have two 94's, two 93's, a 92, and two 91's currently in the squad all under 30. Who are all solid In their ratings not old players who are past it and due to drop. That's not too bad to be fair. And people mock my transfer dealings Pffft :P

Bale with his deserved rise to 99. What a landmark moment.

Anyway, Tottenham beat Sunderland 2-1 last night. Goals from Cabaye and Bale put us 2-0 up in the first half, whilst a second half Gundogan goal looked to put even more pressure on us with just under half an hour to go. Luckily for us the score stayed the same, which means we remain unbeaten so far. Good game, Raz. Unlucky, mate :)

Bale with his deserved rise to 99. What a landmark moment.

Anyway' date=' Tottenham beat Sunderland 2-1 last night. Goals from Cabaye and Bale put us 2-0 up in the first half, whilst a second half Gundogan goal looked to put even more pressure on us with just under half an hour to go. Luckily for us the score stayed the same, which means we remain unbeaten so far. Good game, Raz. Unlucky, mate :)[/quote']

Good game Ben.

Kroos up to 94.Carvajal up to 91.

Walsall 3-2 Blackburn

J.ILICIC 21

K.GIBBS 33

M.DEMBÉLÉ 56

J.ALLEN 60

J.ILICIC 68

Saddlers rolled back the years with the trusty 352 and pass to Dembele tactics. Dembele picking up a goal and assist in a MoM performance that see's Walsall claim all 3 points and move up to 9th. Mousa's back baby!!

Rochdale 0-1 Norwich

Dissapointing result which ends our unbeaten start to the season. Made four changes for tonights fixtures and seemed to distrupt the balance. Really missed Doumbia but he should be fit for Gillingham on Wednesday.

Drop to 9th

677.png

Triffic away win for The Canaries to mark the occasion of the manager joining the '400 Club' (reputation points).

More significantly for the bigger picture, perhaps, is SM's obvious tweak to the match engine - 433(W), so long the bane of a 5 man midfield, is no longer... :)

Swansea slumped to yet another defeat away at Derby. Won Division 1 title season before last, and been doing exactly the same methods since. But after a bad last season, and a awful start this season, time to rip up my tactics book lol, and start again.

I won league playing 541 most of the time, and Spurs play 541 all the time and won the league last season. But not working for me anymore, Time to find a new plan...