English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

West Ham United outclassed Arsenal and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 2 fixture.

Eto'o scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Mikel and Rosický were also amongst the goalscorers.

Back to winning ways:D

I guess I should be happy with a point after fighting back from 2-0 down against Chelsea but I am not as we deserved the win' date=' we were the better team but we are just not catching the breaks.

Good game buddy.[/quote']

Swings and roundabouts tbf. Unlucky

Swings and roundabouts tbf. Unlucky

Ten shots on target for the home side against two shots on target for the away side would normally equate to a home win but frustratingly that is not always the case, stats aside I am glad we dug out a point with the two late goals especially since you are the in-form team without a defeat this season, a nice run you have put together and with the quality in your side the sky is the limit, good luck for the rest of the season buddy.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Aldershot Town and Barnsley in their Division 3 fixture.

Sow scored the only goal for Aldershot Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

After their result against Barnsley, Aldershot Town are now unbeaten in 14 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

We always want to win, but this was a positive draw for us. Barnsley gave us a good fight, it was a very balanced match and the draw was the fair result for both teams. Good game Marcos!

We kept our unbeaten run and we even saw our lead to 2nd place increased to 4 points, because both Brighton and Newcastle lost their matches, so it was a good night for us, even if we failed to win :P

after the mix-up that contributed to us losing last game, the regular squad was back in place and the sale of Bender started to pay off when Muriel.bags a brace and wins us the game over 2nd place Rotherham!

Happy with the win and we sit steady at ninth.. Hopefully we can start climbing the table soon!

Newcastle United 1 Chesterfield 2

A huge result for the Spireites with a 2-1 win over heavily favoured Newcastle United at St James Park. I would have been happy with a draw today especially with the likes of Ibrahimovic, Tevez and Yaya Toure however a surprise goal by Denys Garmash and a goal for mercurial play maker Gylfi Sigurdsson late in the match was enough to seal a huge upset.

We have 14 points now, three points away from the top six and looking confident however our run of difficult fixtures continue when we face high flying Peterborough United in the cup then Birmingham City in the league, doesn't get any easier but results like the one against Newcastle will keep us going!

575px-Peterborough_United.svg.png

Tough Times for the Posh

On Wednesday, Peterborough lost to a heavily favoured title favourite Bournemouth at the Goldsands Stadium 3-1. Despite how competitive the game may seem just from looking at the scoreline, Peterborough managed to keep the game a tight affair in terms of possession and chances created. Allan said after the match, "We may have lost 3-1, but the loss was against a very strong team, and there are many positives to be taken from this match. If we can carry on this form, I think we will succeed."

In Peterborough's next match, at St. Mary's Stadium, the performance from the players was very different. In a match where the away team was thought to be the favourites to gain all 3 points, the team performed horrendously, allowing 2 goals within the first 5 minutes, and ended up conceding 4 goals by the end of the 1st half. To add further damage, key centre midfielder Ljubomir Fejsa was sent off in the 19th minute for a reckless challenge on Southampton's Robert Tesche which gained him a 2nd yellow card. Additionally, Sebastian Rudy, whose versatility made him another key player in the side, was injured. He is believed to miss the next 2 League matches.

These 2 losses would move Peterborough down to 11th place with 12 points. The club is 3 points behind 6th placed Sheffield Wednesday, and already an whooping 11 points behind league leaders Bournemouth after only 9 games!

The next match for the Posh is in the FA Cup against Sky Bet League 1 side Chesterfield, a club spearheaded by vital components such as Chilean goalkeeper Claudio Bravo, Argentine international Marcos Rojo, and Icelandic midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson. Manager Allan has stated that he will go all out in the cup competitions in a hope to increase the morale of his players. He has revealed to the media he will be giving first team opportunities to youngsters such as Mohamed Besic and Ivan Lopez, while also including first-team players in Fredy Montero, Jeremy Morel, and Fredy Montero.

Leeds 0-0 Northampton

Pleased to take a point in an even game against a side who for me after Man City should walk games with the quality of their side. Unbeaten in 9 games now' date=' and up next it is Man City.[/quote']

Eight clean sheets in 9 games means our defence is keeping us in the title chase at this stage of the season.

Also happy with a point - Leeds have a good squad and should challenge - but we need to improve on a meagre return of 11 goals scored so far.

Never had so many clean sheets - if we hadn't got thumped at home by Walsall a few games ago we'd have gone 810 minutes without conceding

Aldershot knocked out of the Cup by Plymonth Argle 3-0. A fair defeat, but an early sent-off from Sergio Araujo at 24' played a big part... I could have worked this match better tactically, but i did not care cause i don't want to give our opponents any tips :P I just put the 2nd team on the field without any big expectations for this match. Gl Burrow.

Tomorrow we face Newcastle, the highest rated team in Division 3 and one of the main contenders for promotion, but we may have what it takes to beat them! #Let'sgoShots!

Despite managing our first league win of the season on Saturday, I feel normal service will be resumed tonight as we face high flyers (and lets face it - an amazing squad) Northampton.

I get the feeling relegation and a good cup run is on the cards this year. No bother as Division 3 is a much easier division. :P

First defeat of the season tonight for Leeds

3-2 loss at Manchester City, gutted to have lost when looking at the stats we deserved at least a point, but tonight Ronaldo and Messi showed up. Hard to swallow defeat for me personally, i'm too competitive! Even more so when your side performed the better and created the most chances, but congrats to City