English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Aldershot Town beat Milton Keynes Dons 4 - 1 in their English Shield Round 2 fixture.

De Paul scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Fetfatzidis and Konoplyanka were also amongst the goalscorers.

Impressive win from our 2nd lines tonight! Really happy to see skilled players like Konoplyanka, De Paul and Fetfatzidis delivering. Will we go for a good cup run this season? Who knows... One thing is certain: our priority is Division 3, so i will always play my 2nd team in the cup. But i will give my best tactically wise to try to win our matches. #Let'sgoShots!

Rochdale beat Walsall 4-2 on penalties after the game ended 1-1. Very proud of our youngsters/reserves to knock out a side a division above us. Carlos Mane scored his first ever goal for Rochdale, with Yaya Sanogo equalising late on. Walsall deserved to win as they created alot of chances but my keeper had a great MOM display :D

Away to Leyton Orient in Round 3.

I haven't posted in a while so for the sake of convenience

English Cup Round 2 [A] 0 - 1 Peterborough United

Chesterfield crash out of both cups in the early stages of the season, congrats to the Posh manager for a dominant performance that only yielded one goal. good game Muallan!

Chesterfield 1 - 0 Birmingham City

A big upset especially against promotion hunting Birmingham, Good game Veigas! A solidatary goal from Norwegian midfielder Nordtveit was enough to break the dead lock and give us the points!

[A] 1 - 6 Shrewsbury Town

One of the worst performances in recent memory for Chesterfield. The low light of the season no doubt. In all my years playing SM I have never seen a keeper miss every shot on target and get a 4 rating in a match but that's just what Bravo did and he consigned us to our worst loss in recent memory.

To add salt to the wounds, Rojo was sent off and will miss out on three matches while Karim Bellarabi is out with a dead leg.

In transfer news:

Fabian JOHNSON has completed his move to Gillingham from Chesterfield for 7,500,000

An offer too good to refuse and it helps keep us in the green. Brought him for 6.5 million about three seasons ago but let him go for a slightly larger amount. So I'm pleased with this piece of business.

Fernando LLORENTE has completed his move to Chesterfield from Leeds United for 1,200,000 plus Emmanuel ADEBAYOR and Ja-Cheol KOO

The star signing of the season for Chesterfield. Outcast Fernando Llorente joins Chesterfield from Leeds. Although we lost Adebayor and Koo Ja Cheol, it was well worth it to get a player of world class potential.

It's the first time since Rodrigo came to the club that we have had a striker of such a high calibre. He is also our first 91 at the club, so I am excited to use him in some capacity but we will see how his match fitness goes as he did play in the Cup clash for Leeds.

Shield

STOKE 1 NORTHAMPTON 4

A very nice away win against a side riding high in the top flight.

The "B" team put us into an early lead and when a few of the big guns came on from the bench we powered our way to a famous win.

Man City away in the league next - and I'm hoping that their Shield exploits will have taken something out of them. They are something of a bogey team for us with journeymen players such as Christiano Ronaldo, Thomas Muller and Lionel Messi always seeming to raise their game when facing the Cobblers.

I'm surprised Latouche hasn't come on to talk about the cup game yet :D

I was robbed but im not that bothered we played well and we move on :) Well done tho I hope you can make it further :)

Onto Shack , You are always a tough game Shack but Ive made sure Ive changed a few things and I intended to boss the CM area where I know you are not strong :) Should be a great game and good luck :)

We executed our game plan almost perfectly apart from Falcao consistently fluffing his lines. It was a game of trying to keep our shape , Defend as we had to pay respect to Evertons awesome attack and counter effectively which I felt we did really well. Both GKs were superb so im pleased with a draw. I didnt expect Sean to suddenly change his formation to the one I went with that was brilliant lol.

Well done Sean , Very best of luck to you buddy for the rest of the season if you keep performing like that you will do very well :)

Ah Im starting to like nice Dom :)

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

MILLWALL 3 NOTTS COUNTY 2

An important win for MILLWALL which keeps our good run going (3 straight wins)

KONKO debut - good game match raing 8

konkofifapic_zps8e5c1c69.png

BENDTNER scored - which was to be the winner.

BENDTNERFIFAPIC_zpsf611df53.png

TIAGO scored and was MAN OF THE MATCH

tiagofifapic_zps561f397f.png

Happy with the latest signings' performance, hope they keep it up

next match - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY (Away)

...............................................................................................

Aldershot Town slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Shrewsbury Town in their Division 3 fixture.

Unfortunately our tactics for this match did not work out. Shrewsbury managed to dominate possession, even if we made much more shots, with Shrewsbury's goalkeeper being voted MOTM. We failed to score, all our strikers and wingers are out of form atm... And Rodrigo picked up an injury and he will miss our next matches unfortunately.

Thanks to this defeat we're no longer Division 3 leaders, even if we have the same amount of points than new leaders Brighton. Great season btw Smut! And great season to our opponent tonight, Shrewsbury, who sits 3rd! Good stuff.

Now we will face QPR, they're at the bottom, but we don't expect an easy match. We obviously want to return to winning ways, but we must respect our opponent and we will need to be at our very best in order to win! #Let'sgoShots!

Palace 2-1 Leeds

Always nice to lose to an unfit side who are bottom of the table where the manager hasn't logged in for 20 days! :rolleyes:

Dominated all the stats except the one that matters most. Adebayor did at least score on debut.

To say I'm hacked off is an understatement.

Forgot to change my cup team and when I logged in at about 2am saw my young lads had done me proud coming from a goal down to beat Rotherham. Ravel Morrison with an 89th minute winner to add to Jordon Ibe's first Walsall goal see's us climb back into the play-offs.

MAN CITY 0 NORTHAMPTON 3

Well, that was a pleasant surprise...

Man City put out a full-strength XI for the Shield match two days earlier which played into our hands. Took 60+ % possession and made a lot of chances.

We gave them a thumping - which after 4 heavy defeats against Steve's lot came as a nice change.

Still top of the division - but a very big game with 3rd place Swindon to come next. A real 6-pointer , as they say on the telly