English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

D2

Northampton 5 Bristol City 2

Half way through the season and this win keeps us in 2nd place, 8 points off the lead and battling with the rest for what looks to be just one remaining automatic promotion place up for grabs.

Sheff Utd have had a strong season so far - and will be tough for us to catch.

That said, there are no easy games at this level and the pace of the modern game is frightening so you just take each match as it comes - or something like that.

Ipswich away next match - preseason title hopefuls and a very strong first XI.

We would take a point at this moment in time...

Arsenal___Logo_by_360FrEaK_zpscpoul5yr.jpg

As some may already know, I have taken over the Arsenal job from the terror reign of Hammer. I honestly never thought I would leave Chesterfield who I think I have left in the best state they have ever been with up and coming talent, solid starters and financially sound.

I told myself that I would only move if there was a "bigger" club involved and I was first choice consideration which happened in this case. After considering over the weekend, I decided to take on the challenge of reviving a dour Gunners side who has been plagued with mediocrity, dropping to Division Two and being in the relegation zone.

Despite some questionable transfers during Hammer's tenure, there is still some quality in the squad including Xabi Alonso, Mikel Arteta and Stefan Kiessling with up and coming youngsters like Carl Jenkinson, Sebastian Corchia and Xherdan Shaqiri.

But I will thin out the squad as 62 players is way too much to manage and I will be looking to shake the squad up with some player trades and make the squad my own. This may be a restoration job which may take a season or two to fix properly but avoiding relegation will be priority.

Thanks everyone for their kind words and hopefully I will get the Gunner competitive again!

Hopefully someone will continue what I started at Chesterfield and I will see them in Division Two.

Best of luck Glory Days. Chesterfield just lost the best manager they will probably ever have and Arsenal just got their best.

Good that Chesterfield ended up with Josh' date=' hopefully we can get a good active forumer in there who will stick around :)[/quote']

Thanks Jooles for the compliment, I really did enjoy my time at little Chesterfield and I may have had some reservations about leaving but the Arsenal challenge will be one of my biggest yet!

467.jpg

16 points from 18 sees The Canaries clamber to the top of Division 3 in another ridiculously tight season where seemingly anybody can beat anybody on their day.

Delia's latest order to the vintners has just been delivered to the boardroom so expect to see her on the pitch at half time anytime soon... :)

Things hotting up at Carrow Road - and not just the excellent pies... :D

467.jpg

16 points from 18 sees The Canaries clamber to the top of Division 3 in another ridiculously tight season where seemingly anybody can beat anybody on their day.

Delia's latest order to the vintners has just been delivered to the boardroom so expect to see her on the pitch at half time anytime soon... :)

Div 3 i think is hardest league in 7046 thank god i escaped last season!

467.jpg

You have me to thank for that hahah :P i showed shrewsbury who's boss

In other news 6 transfers are making there way to Barnsley, those being

Strobel - been crucial team member for Hoffenheim this season

Izquierdo - young, low rated and Club Brugge top goal scorer should get a rise

Depoitre - Gents top goal scorer who are second behind brugge in belguim

Kazaishvili - young lowish rated with a solid 20 starts for Vitesse should also get a rise

few others to arrive...hopefully to sell a few more within the week, and bring in my final faces to finish us off the season.

Still got Chesterfield and Brentford on offer, Brentford looks to be sorted so just need to find a manager for Chesterfield now. Nobody internally has expressed an interest, so will have to be somebody off here.

Anybody interested, let me know on this thread.

You suck Dan..... Il think of something better later on to say haha

Nice Bants!

Liverpool slide into their second cup quarter final with a win over Fluffy's Wigan, forgot to make changes so looks like we will have the cupside out against Bury in the league instead, rookie mistake I know but not to worry we are at least having a go at the domestic cup &n shield this season.

A fourfourtwo based interview with GloryDays is underway, it will be hopefully be uploaded today, and hopefully it is the start of a fortnightly/weekly based series with managers across EC7046. Stay tuned into the interview, as Glorydays may have some interesting things to say about you...

A fourfourtwo based interview with GloryDays is underway' date=' it will be hopefully be uploaded today, and hopefully it is the start of a fortnightly/weekly based series with managers across EC7046. Stay tuned into the interview, as Glorydays may have some interesting things to say about you...[/quote']

we've had interviews, 7046 radio, 7046 videos and they seem to be the flavour of the month - then fade away after couple of months or so, never to be seen or heard of again.

Only the blog has lasted out :D:o

hope you continue with this fortnightly, but as i say, been done and faded away in the past.

good luck, if u have the time it could be good for 7046, buddy

we've had interviews' date=' 7046 radio, 7046 videos and they seem to be the flavour of the month - then fade away after couple of months or so, never to be seen or heard of again.

Only the blog has lasted out :D:o

hope you continue with this fortnightly, but as i say, been done and faded away in the past.

good luck, if u have the time it could be good for 7046, buddy[/quote']

hahah trust me i know... the reason i said fortnightly/weekly is because

1. i have time to do it

2. it keeps it interesting

I just want to keep this fourm all spiced up ;)

Still got Chesterfield and Brentford on offer' date=' Brentford looks to be sorted so just need to find a manager for Chesterfield now. Nobody internally has expressed an interest, so will have to be somebody off here.

Anybody interested, let me know on this thread.[/quote']

I'm interested in the job. I will need to leave my Blackpool side though.

hahah trust me i know... the reason i said fortnightly/weekly is because

1. i have time to do it

2. it keeps it interesting

I just want to keep this fourm all spiced up ;)

good buddy, look forward to it.

Everton outclassed Middlesbrough and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Lewandowski scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Benzema and Allan were also amongst the goal scorers.

Ouch... Feel like I've just beat down an old lady in the street :o poor old thing.

Rochdale 4-0 Shorpe

Our reserves got a run out for the third time this season after the seniors got knocked out of the shield on Monday. They are really pushing for first team places as they have won all three league games they have played this season without conceding!

All the goals came in the second half from Gomes, Clasie, Gbamin and Rafa Silva. Its the first time Rafa and Gbamin have scored in 7046 :)

Love playing Rick (We played tonight in 7777 too). Great rivalry and happy to get one over you mate.

We move into the play-offs (5th) for the first time this season :D

I finally decided after 5 and a half seasons that my time with Blackpool was up. It had all gone wrong with the club a few seasons back when we finally succumbed to our weaknesses and started to drop down through the leagues.

Chesterfield_zpsscnhcv9g.jpg

I am thankful for this opportunity to start anew with Glory Days great young Chesterfield side and many thanks goes to jharman for offering me the chance to take this challenge on.

Reading 0-2 Chesterfield

My first game in charge of Chesterfield was away and we dominated possession. We scored after just 14 mins when Nordtveit setup Llorente with an instant pass and Llorente's cheeky flick went in the back of the net.

In the second half Rojo headed the ball to halftime substitute Canales who placed a great shot that found its way in the corner of the Reading net.

So after a great start I'm looking to stabilise the team whilst bringing in one or two new faces to further strengthen the side. I'm not gonna change too much as that is not my style but I would like to bring in a new keeper which may see Bravo having to compete to keep his place.

A good night for Northampton as we cruise to a 4-0 win at Ipswich to stay 2nd in Div 2.

A few negatives though , we lose our starting CB for 8 weeks to injury and all the other top sides won also.

Having seen off a team in form tonight, we play another next. The rapidly improving Tranmere have climbed to 6th after a long unbeaten run.

We need to keep momentum as Sheff United still show no sign of faltering at the top. Hopefully their ongoing Shield heroics will take something out of them soon and give us a glimmer of hope.