English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

A change of shape was just what the doctor ordered as we smash Burnley 5-0 in their own back yard. Looks like I've finally solved my long term goal scorer problem in Romelu Lukaku. The Belgian scored a hatrick tonight taking him to 14 in 19 games this season. Up to 4th and head to my brother's Villa next looking to inflict some pain.

Maybe 7046 could set up a feeder league? A 7046-related set-up where some of the 7046 longer-term managers could vie against 7046 wannabes? Those that stick around and prove their worth could be given first shot at clubs in 7046 itself where possible. Just an idea. Thoughts? Would anyone be up for this' date=' old and new?[/quote']

decent idea...I'm interested in being part of another good GW

When you look at the 7046 Club list, there are some very experienced managers involved. Would be good to have another similar GW with most of them in it

When you look at the 7046 Club list' date=' there are some very experienced managers involved. Would be good to have another similar GW with most of them in it[/quote']

count me in. decent idea indeed. I will stick in a game world as long as there are more than 10 active managers. So you can count me as a loyal participant :P because i think there will never be less than 10 active manager in a popular game world. would be awesome to have the same teams from EC 7046 there :P

When you look at the 7046 Club list' date=' there are some very experienced managers involved. Would be good to have another similar GW with most of them in it[/quote']

how will it work when 7046 is full and say 5 managers deserve to get in, but still can't - coz no teams available

and wen team are available - anyone can just jump in, like they do - from nowhere

we could have blog waiting list where existing managers vote on forumers on list with highest vote wins.

but again, doesn't stop managers jumping in from nowhere and gettin a team.

difficult to control who comes in coz they appear from nowhere - prob best as is, keep watchin n waiting for team and a bit of luck

be good to get thoughts/ideas on this issue

In terms of this setup you have to be really patient, a club will come. I managed to get in all competitive championships (ec7077, 106 etc). and had to wait over a good month or two to luckily enough get Barnsley. I got to the point i was no longer checking if a team was available daily. However, i had a gut feeling this one monday morning and saw a debt ridden, old squad full of potential droppers, and i had no option but to take it. Anyway, so i stop dazing off, my point is to be patient, a club will come eventually. Saying that, i rather someone hold onto a club and pass it onto one of the people waiting, rather then simply reject it, and someone joins just to destroy the team.

In terms of this setup you have to be really patient' date=' a club will come. I managed to get in all competitive championships (ec7077, 106 etc). and had to wait over a good month or two to luckily enough get Barnsley. I got to the point i was no longer checking if a team was available daily. However, i had a gut feeling this one monday morning and saw a debt ridden, old squad full of potential droppers, and i had no option but to take it. Anyway, so i stop dazing off, my point is to be [b']patient[/b], a club will come eventually. Saying that, i rather someone hold onto a club and pass it onto one of the people waiting, rather then simply reject it, and someone joins just to destroy the team.

good points

a lot waited ages already to get in,

managers wi job offers need to give to good forumers wanting in.

and yes, i think just be patient and a team will come along

Really enjoyed Wigan' date=' loved the team, almost got them out of their 9 million debt. Very sorry for leaving but I can't stand certain people in here haha. Best of luck to everyone![/quote']

Hmm Wigan deserve better. :)

Liverpool sneak a 1-0 win over Watford courtesy of a Victor Fischer goal, hard battle against ten men but a nice three points.

We are unbeaten in last six league games and first back to back wins of the season have been recorded, leaving our top four push a bit late this season but with some of the poor managers that are between us and fourth place you never know.

First of our two domestic quarter finals on Monday against old club Huddersfield, should be a cracker.

Here is my first interview with Craig in the new series FourFourTwo Fortnightly. Credit has to go to Burrow, as i was highly influenced by his post his did in EC106 years ago.

I will hopefully get in touch with a new manager, preferably a fourmer. Once i do, ill announce who he is in the discussion page. From there i want to get the questions from YOU GUYS, as it'll make it more interesting, and now you can ask the questions to the managers you have always wanted to ask them.

Here is the link to Craigs interview

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=3075414#post3075414

Please feel free to leave suggestions or rating or whatever you want about my post. i wont take it to offence, as long as you PM me it :D

Charlton Athletic beat Bolton Wanderers 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Samedov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Sakho was on the scoresheet for his side.

It is now 9 games unbeaten and 5 straight wins as we climb into the top half of the table.

Despite the absence of key front-men Negredo and Pizarro, we are getting goals and points - this time courtesy of a late strike from Diafra Sakho, a crowd-pleaser having come through the ranks to become a super-sub of late. Maxi Moralez has also been incredible support since joining the club; managing 2 assists, 1 goal, 1 MOTM, and an average rating of 8.33 inside his first three appearances for the club.

Next up: Milton Keynes Dons (A)

I haven't been posting because of real life commitments but I have been quietly rebuilding the Arsenal side back from the ground up.

I looked to get some quality youth into squad with the likes of Lindsay Rose (who will get minutes with the season ending injury to Bisevic, possibly a cheeky +1 rise), exciting wingers Barrow, Rachid Gezzal and Amin Younes (big thanks to Raz for the quick deal) and promising striker Benjamin Jeannot.

I also bolstered the side with a bit of experience with veteran Axaixys Romao from Exeter City for 7.5 million and young Dutch keeper Jeroen Zoet. Key departures of Villa and Aspas may only be the start for some of the "big" names in the Gunners squad.

Romao will add stoutness to my defence and his versatility playing central defense, central and defensive midfield will bolster a thinner squad. While Zoet will take over from the hapless Fernandez who cost us six goals (including one friendly) in his last two performances and changes needed to be made.

The results are coming in after a 4-2 beating at the hands of Aston Villa, we came back with a vengeance with a solid 3-0 thrashing of Hartlepool United. Captain Xabi Alonso, Shaqiri and Kiessling got the goals but it was debutante keeper Zoet who stole the show, keeping a clean sheet in his first game for the gunners while Romao performed well at central defense.

Our goal is to get 45 points as soon as possible to secure our Division Two status and see where we go from there, next up is promotion chasing Leeds United.

My lazy attitude cost me big style last night , I couldn't be asked and suffering from a serious lack of motivation. Things are making me frustrated and very angry , I think the nice Dom has to be shot and let the sinister Dom return in his place. The place is dark and lonesome and that's exactly what I want to be now B)

Im sorry Neil but Bolton will face a sinister backlash B)

My lazy attitude cost me big style last night ' date=' I couldn't be asked and suffering from a serious lack of motivation. Things are making me frustrated and very angry , I think the nice Dom has to be shot and let the sinister Dom return in his place. The place is dark and lonesome and that's exactly what I want to be now B)

Im sorry Neil but Bolton will face a sinister backlash B)[/quote']

Haha someone broke nice Dom :)

grasshopper1.jpg

Now for me just to reel in the grasshopper to use him as a fly on my rod as I fish for top 4. :)

BTW Nice report Paleka12.

Haha someone broke nice Dom :)

grasshopper1.jpg

Now for me just to reel in the grasshopper to use him as a fly on my rod as I fish for top 4. :)

BTW Nice report Paleka12.

My spirit and mind has been broken and now im shrouded in darkness B)

Im a very dangerous man when I show no remorse for the pain I will inflict B)

Catch me if you can , Flies are hard to catch and this fly has really sharp teeth :)

My spirit and mind has been broken and now im shrouded in darkness B)

Im a very dangerous man when I show no remorse for the pain I will inflict B)

Catch me if you can ' date=' Flies are hard to catch and this fly has really sharp teeth :)[/quote']

Yourself, Jooles and that Everton boss will soon be in my sights then I will start the swatfest.

tumblr_mxl7dknBrv1smo9vko1_500.gif

The match ended 2 - 2 between Aldershot Town and Chesterfield in their Division 3 fixture.

Sow was on the scoresheet for his side.

Not a great performance from us last night, so i'm happy with the draw. It was a tough match. Moussa Sow continued his recent great form and earned us a point after scoring a brace.

João AFONSO has completed his move to Vitória de Guimarães from Aldershot Town for 4,140,000

João Afonso got a juicy +5 rise to 83, so we were able to make a big profit on him after buying him just 3 months ago for 1M! B)

It is now 9 games unbeaten and 5 straight wins as we climb into the top half of the table.

Next up: Milton Keynes Dons (A)

Hoping for a good game on Wednesday. Your form sounds very ominous though!

We have had a bust week bringing in Rakitic for William Carvalho and De Sciglio.

Both are good players, but neither will be 91 too soon and Rakitic has a chance at 93 due to the Barca factor and his cemented place.

OyA0Tsn.png

BLOG LATEST

You may have noticed a new blog homepage.

I was working on the new page with new sidebar etc and after doing bout 6 hours work - i clicked wrong button and LOST it all. (lucky white heather)

Anyway, I am slowly getting it back together and hope to have it completed for new season.

At present though, i will be doing basic updates like JOB OFFERS, MANAGER LIST etc.

frustrating but We'll get there.

• on sidebar you can view all items in categories - just click one to view - eg if you click Veigas you will see all his posts on Birmingham

the new blog homepage can be viewed here - work in progress

(may change look again tho)

https://ec7046blog.wordpress.com/

OyA0Tsn.png

SEASON 12

EC7046 BLOG WRITERS' WANTED

The OFFICIAL EC7046 BLOG is looking for writers' to join the existing team.

67gf.png

Simply write about your team - ONCE A WEEK

DON'T DELAY - JOIN THE BLOG TEAM TODAY!!

Just PM me your email address and 7046 team to get an invite to join, once you accept, you can write for the OFFICIAL 7046 BLOG

how will it work when 7046 is full and say 5 managers deserve to get in' date=' but still can't - coz no teams available

and wen team are available - anyone can just jump in, like they do - from nowhere[/quote']

well, we have to start somewhere...