TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

He just adds options and depth. Brought in to help with the cup run' date=' which, err, unfortunately ended prematurely. :o

Brilliant Dom, isn't it around about now you come out with your seasonal,

:P

[/quote']

Tbh Sagna is not too shabby a signing despite his ageing years.

But I have a plan B ;)

Any thoughts on what Dom's Plan B is??

Rubin Vezo is off to Gillingham as they have met the 5 million buy out clause.

My signings have proven to boosten my squad instantly. 2-2 draw on the weekend brings us to undefeated in 3.

Club risers

Oscar Durante 85 -> 87 (bought him for 5 mill last week)

Laurens De Brock (on loan) 85 ->86

Very disapointed that i didn't have the funds to sign a few other Belgium league players

On Shortlist

Matz Sels 83 ->85 (GK)

Dejaegere 83 ->84

All in all great business. Many of you may have thought it was odd to sell basically my whole squad rated 87/88/89, but i have just proven to why i did what i did. God i love the belgium league :D

Holtom returns to 7046

nigel_1403897a.jpg

After doing all he could for Burton Albion, and in the process becoming their most successful manager ever, Ashley Holtom decided it was time to step down to concentrate on other projects.

fastforword.gif

Fast forward 7 months and the enigmatic Englishman has made his return to setup - this time with Leicester City. The lure of arguably the best setup on soccermanager was too much to resist & after messages from several managers in the setup, he finally got the job offer he had hoped for.

Ashley Holtom takes control of Leicester City.

This season your Chairman expects you to gain promotion.

Leicester City were founded in 1884 and play their home games at King Power Stadium in Leicester. The club is also known as The Foxes.

thailand-4-3-lc7204-002280-2105804_478x359.jpg

The Squad

In his own words he admitted he has an inherited an interesting squad - "we have such a mix of players, golden oldies like Di Natale, Weidenfeller, & Cole - players who still have their prime years in-front of them like Susaeta & Michu and some undoubted future stars like Durm, Vidal & Barbosa Gabriel - chuck in the 'squad' players like Munoz & Behrami and there is no way a manager can be unhappy with this group of players. Would I like to make my own mark on the team? Of course. Will I be able to? Time will tell, but at the moment I am happy to have inherited such a good squad in such a tough league".

Leicester sit in 7th in division 4, one place outside of the top 6. "Top 6 would be the aim for me, I'd want automatic promotion obviously but such is the gap from 4th place that for this season, getting to the playoffs is the priority".

Captains Fantastic

captain-america-shield.jpg

Holtom was quick to name his captain and vice captain.

The mercurial Italian Antonio Di Natale has been names as captain, with Holtom hoping the captains armband will help inspire the former Udinese man to find his goalscoring boots once again. The vice captaincy has surprisingly gone to workhorse fullback Erik Durm, while a bit of a left field choice, Holtom has his reasons for this - "Antonio brings years of experience, and this is vital for us, but Erik is an all action full back who runs for the whole game, even at half time he is out before the other players, I see him as the Philipp Lahm of my team and for this reason, he is my vice captain"

antonio+di+natale1.jpg

1107233-17536278-640-360.jpg

The First Game

First up for Holtoms' Foxes is an away game at Wycombe Wanderers, a team Leicester have struggled against in recent times, a baptism of fire he is just fine with.

Nigel+Pearson+Nigel+Pearson+Unveiled+New+Leicester+HsXjN6lZkjVl.jpg

Glad to have you back Ash I couldn't watch Leicester fall into the wrong hands like many teams have recently I knew they needed a long term manager hence why I sent them over once Elo had rejected the job offer whoever had sent it to Elo obviously had the same feeling as I did.

Frisking The Fixtures

After studying our fixtures it seems like we could have quite the impact on the top half league standings as we head into the business end of the season...

League Position & Fixtures

1st. Bournemouth - 09 May - (H)

2nd. Peterborough - 25 April - (H)

3rd. Southend - 11 April - (H)

4th. Hull - No Game

5th. Brentford - 15 April - (A)

6th. Leyton Orient - 08 April - (A)

7th. Leicester City - N/A

8th. Wycombe Wanderers - 01 April - (A)

Frisking The Fixtures

After studying our fixtures it seems like we could have quite the impact on the top half league standings as we head into the business end of the season...

League Position & Fixtures

1st. Bournemouth - 09 May - (H)

2nd. Peterborough - 25 April - (H)

3rd. Southend - 11 April - (H)

4th. Hull - No Game

5th. Brentford - 15 April - (A)

6th. Leyton Orient - 08 April - (A)

7th. Leicester City - N/A

8th. Wycombe Wanderers - 01 April - (A)

welcome back Ash :)

Burton The Brutal

Having a peruse around and wanted to see how me old Burton Albion have been getting on. Interesting to see the yellow card standings in division 4...

1. Zarate - Burton - 10

2. Chavez - Burton - 9

3. Zurutuza - Burton - 7

4. Ponce - Burton - 6

5. Eliveltoni - Burton - 5

=5. Stepinski - Burton - 5

=5. Ucan - Burton - 5

(=5. 5 other non-Burton players)

From Burton The Brave under me, to Burton The Brutal under the current gaffer.

:D

BRIGHTON are struggling to hang in the promotion race with just 7 points from the last 5 games, leaving us in 4th place.

We are looking forward to our trip to Anfield tonight in a Shield 1/4 final tie, good luck Dan.

BRIGHTON are struggling to hang in the promotion race with just 7 points from the last 5 games' date=' leaving us in 4th place.

We are looking forward to our trip to Anfield tonight in a Shield 1/4 final tie, good luck Dan.[/quote']

Good luck Paul we will have a mix team out as Suarez and Muller are injured, de rossi, Martinez, Ribery, Alves, Fisher, Hermann & Ayew will all miss out.

Should be a good game We are unbeaten in the month of March through a sozen games in all comps, this is the the last March game so hopefully we make it through the month unscathed.

Should be a pretty even game.

Quartet of players available at Leicester City:

Fernando Gago - 89 rated DM/MC

Leon Osman - 88 rated M/ALRC

Ricardo Goulart - 87 rated AMC/FLRC

Diego Tardelli - 88 rated AM/FLRC

Have listed them all at random prices, but feel free to make me an offer!

Great to see my old Leicester is taken over by great forumer. Good luck ash
Yep, welcome back Ash. It's been quite a shake-up in here over the last few weeks with all the comings and goings, both managers and transfers. Very healthy for the game-world :)

Doncaster 1 Chesterfield 4

Henriquez was on fire for Chesterfield, bagging a hattrick before halftime. Paloschi added a fourth late in the 2nd half with Doncaster only managing 1 consolation goal a minute later. My second win with the Spireites.

The Gunners continue on their merry way with a crucial 1-0 win over relegation contenders Blackburn Rovers. Our defence is coming together with one goal in our last three league matches.

New boy defender Marcos Rojo couldn't have played better in defence, grabbing the MOTM honours in his Gunner's debut but it's early days for the young defender.

Arsenal have added another interesting piece of the puzzle with the addition of Lukasz Fabianski who has done really well in real life and may be in line for a rise. He will add competition to fellow newboy Zoet and the best man will get the starting job however Zoet hasn't hurt his chances with two clean sheets, one goal conceded in his last three matches.

Next up is promotion hunting Northampton Town

Goulart is joining Bury from Leicester to help fill the hole left by Remy's departure.

Goulart recently had a call up to the Brazilian national team, he seems to have ventured off into China although we hope this is just a stepping stone for him.

In other news we could be willing to listen to very good offers on Garay but we must stress it will take a good offer for Bury to part company.