TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Big night in Div 2 as Walsall manage to steal 3 points at the death vs Northampton with Leeds and Swindon also tasting defeat. A great game at Banks's Stadium looked set to end in a 2-2 draw until Danny Welbeck popped up in the last minute with his 2nd of the night to send Cobblers fans home disappointed. Makes things very interesting now as only 7 points seperate 2nd and 7th, throwing things wide open in Div 2. Our schedule gets no easier as next up we head to The Etihad.

Aldershot Town outclassed Yeovil Town and beat them 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Guilavogui scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Rodrigo and Sow were also amongst the goalscorers.

We completely destroyed a strong Mr Malcolm's Yeovil last night! 71% ball possession and 27 shots! Score numbers could be higher, but i'm happy with the win and delighted with the performance B) It feels even better because we're back to direct promotion place! We sit 2nd, only 1 point behind the surprising leaders Shrewsbury. It's so good to see instrumental players like Guilavogui, Insigne and Moussa Sow in such a great form! #Let'sgoShots!

Preston win 3-1 vs Swindon, Max Meyer gets a start and scores 2 goals.

Feghouli has joined us for a more attacking approach and it seemed like Fernandinho wasn't doing much for us! So Nainggolan replaces him in CM :)

Douglas Costa rose to 90 today, and I have decided to make him available, as I am in desperate need of cash. I am looking for 2 players under 25 swap deal. and will also accept cash, BUT no LOWER than 30M :P. I will listen to the best offer; and if there is none, I will keep him until one appears :P so may we witness a transfer war? xD

Highly rated midfielder Fernandinho joins Aldershot!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXdctZi-j9RojuEs6ne7_wXgNkOIBzIq0x2SmCJTdWIRmKwDwi

Aldershot managed to sign a new playmaker in the form of 92 rated City's midfielder Fernandinho! He arrives from Preston in a straight swap for Sofiane Feghouli. We have other good players to fill Feghouli's departure, like Konoplyanka, Rodrigo or Yarmolenko, so there wont be a problem there. And Fernandinho will be a great boost to our midfielder. I expect him to be an instrumental player for us, making things happen in the middle of the park.

Justice has been made for Yarmolenko today! He's probably the best player in Ukraine and he's having an absolutely amazing season. SM recognized it today by giving him a +1 and making him a 90 rated player. Great news for my Aldershot, good times B)

220px-Andriy_Yarmolenko5.JPG

Yarmolenko is one of Aldershot stars and

one of the most inform players in the world atm!

Twice we fought back from a goal down for a share of the spoils with Carlisle, decent enough result although with the predicament we are in we are needing three pointers.

A big Merseyside derby for the semi-final tonight no Muller or Suarez as injury/suspension makes them miss the game, good luck Shack and good luck to the other semi-finalists.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXCjVrU3_0cc-o4bpAMISxXbAvycNTpEChpH3Ap_vUoCvaIxxu

Liverpool tear Everton to shreds in a one-sided, convincing rout of a 5 - 1 pummeling in a thrilling English Cup Semi Final encounter.

De Rossi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Robben and Fischer were also amongst the goalscorers.

SLAMDUNK! Macey is now a Liverpool legend.

Exeter await in the final.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXCjVrU3_0cc-o4bpAMISxXbAvycNTpEChpH3Ap_vUoCvaIxxu

Liverpool tear Everton to shreds in a one-sided' date=' convincing rout of a 5 - 1 pummeling in a thrilling English Cup Semi Final encounter.

De Rossi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Robben and Fischer were also amongst the goalscorers.

[b']SLAMDUNK! Macey is now a Liverpool legend.[/b]

Exeter await in the final.

Only missing the 9 usual starters plus playing a 73 rated keeper... But you can only beat what's infront of you I guess :P

Hopefully you won't get relegated this season anyways ;)

Only missing the 9 usual starters plus playing a 73 rated keeper... But you can only beat what's infront of you I guess :P

Hopefully you won't get relegated this season anyways ;)

Was always going to be a rout when you had a cuptied keeper but a 5-1 Derby win is always good, yeah we are having fun in our first time in a relegation battle, if things don't pick up I might send in and ask for some info from you on how to avoid the drop as you are getting rather experienced at it now. :)

You injured Martinez so he joins Muller & Suarez as MIA for the Forest game, we will be resting Ribery, Robben, Mangala, De Rossi & Pepe so it should be a tight cracking battle with Forest in what could turn out to be an early relegation battle depending on how things pan out come the end of the season.

Cristian Tello is available, as I am in desperate need of cash. I am looking for 2 players under 25 swap deal. and will also accept cash, but don't come with cheap cash offer :P. I will listen to the best offer; and if there is none, I will keep him until one appears :P

I've been away on holiday through the Easter long weekend and I was given an early Easter present in the way of two excellent wins over promotion chasing Northampton Town and relegation threatened Manchester City.

Despite the positioning of Man City, these were two major scalps and help us push our way out of the relegation zone. We are now one of the form teams in Division Two but we will need to maintain our good run if we are to be safe.

Some major developments while I was on holiday.

Transfers In

Gylfi SIGURDSSON has completed his move to Arsenal from Chesterfield for 2,600,000 plus Yevhen KHACHERIDI

Huge signing for the Gunners, eventhough Sigurdsson may not have the glamour of a 90+ rated signing, he plays as if he is a 90+ rated player on SM. He scored the winner against Northampton Town on his debut and against Manchester City taking his season total to 10 goals (including his time to Chesterfield).

This completes a three way deal which sees us get Rojo and Sigurdsson for Khacheridi, Valero and Pozuelo. Although some may question why Valero departed for Sigurdsson but his contributions have already suggested the move may have been the right one for the Gunners.

Nabil DIRAR has completed his move to Arsenal from AS Monaco in a swap deal for Diego POYET and Oriol ROSELL

Dirar is a versatile right sided footballer capable of playing right back, right wing back and right wing, he will provide an excellent option in the midfield and defence. With the departure of Pedro Leon, Dirar will give us another option on the right hand side of the field and he will probably keep his 87 rating with his 1,000 plus minutes with Monaco.

A handy pick up which gives us depth.

With 13 matches to go, we will need to get 15 points which is possible to save us from relegation. Next up is Swindon Town.

Hartlepool United 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers

Second away win of the season.

10 points from safety with 13 games to play.

No chance.

Still can't get to grips with why this season has gone so badly. Law of averages I guess...

1358174528___Leicester_City_Banner.png

Leicester City secure double striker swoop!

New Foxes manager Ashley Holtom has not wasted any time in trying to stamp his mark on his team, securing his first two signings, both strikers.

Columbian international Adrian Ramos has joined the club for £9m from MK Dons. Ramos, who can also play on either flank, will provide immediate backup to veteran Antonio Di Natale with a view of stepping into the Italians shoes once he retires.

Adrian-Ramos_autogrammkarte.jpg

The second signing Holtom has made is 23 year old forward Alvaro Vazquez from Getafe. Vazquez has netted 7 goals in 19 games for Getafe, combined with his age, his new manager is thrilled to have secured his signature. Vazquez joins for £4m + Tarik Camdal.

1347534581_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_2.jpg

Also thanks to Sunderland for loaning Adrien Rabiot to us for the rest of the season.

CYA

Holtom also hasn't wasted any time letting players leave. Fernando Gago, Leon Osman, Ricardo Goulart and Diego Tardelli have all left after being told they were not part of the first team plans any longer.

The club received a combined £23.6m for the four players, with Denmark midfielder Nicolai Poulson joining from Bury as part of the Goulart deal.

Vultures Circling

Circling-Vultures.jpg

Since Holtom joined Leicester, there has been some pretty significant interest for a few players. Martin Demichelis, David Lopez, Alex Vidal & Barbosa Gabriel have all had enquiries made for them. Nothing has jumped out yet but all offers are considered, on all players if anyone is interested.

141119gabriel_0.jpg?itok=HfMoXMx0

Jooles' keeper gets MOTM. Say's it all really :P
Hardly old bean! It doesn't say that every single player of mine got the same or higher rating than all of your players, or about the 58% possession, etc. Happy with that win and it's getting tight at the top. Big game today vs. Chelsea.

Oh and BTW Will, how do you scroll your sig?

Hardly old bean! It doesn't say that every single player of mine got the same or higher rating than all of your players' date=' or about the 58% possession, etc. Happy with that win and it's getting tight at the top. Big game today vs. Chelsea.

Oh and BTW Will, how do you scroll your sig?[/quote']

Ah but possession is nothing with the sheer amount of corners we have :P

Go to edit signature under quick links.

Then put the either side. Like below:

EC 7777 Chelsea, EC 7046 MK Dons