TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Wycombe Wanderers outclassed Burton Albion and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Dzsudzsák scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sané and Zaza were also amongst the goalscorers

After their result against Burton Albion, Wycombe Wanderers are now unbeaten in 16 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Liverpool beat Milton Keynes Dons 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Robben scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ribéry was also on the scoresheet for his side.

A much needed three points for us, unlucky Will.

Bury & Watford look pretty doomed but that last relegation spot is mighty open with just four points covering the six teams from 18th-13th, who drops?

Next up for us is the cup final against Exeter then the second leg of the CL knockout game( currently 3-0 up from first leg).

Got completely outplayed by West Ham. Come from 2-0 to 2-2 in 85th and still manage to throw it away in 87th :P GG Niall fully deserved 3 points. Results gone against us tonight and automatic looks dead in the water so hopefully we can consolidate a play off spot and hope to win the lottery.

No win in 10 games now for Rochdale, with 6 draws in the last 7 games.

Form has seen us slowly slip down to 15th. Don't think we are in much dange of relegation with 11 point cushion but really need a few more wins to guarantee safety. Play-offs only 6 points away too (So tight in Div 3!)

Juanfran, Vermalen, Farfan and Destro (Unless Pompey respond) still for sale. Need cash and lower rated replacements (Lots of cash :))

A much needed three points for us' date=' unlucky Will.

Bury & Watford look pretty doomed but that last relegation spot is mighty open with just four points covering the six teams from 18th-13th, [b']who drops?[/b]

I thought I might sneak a point until Ribery sealed it for you at the end.

Huge win for you and should see you safe, but Forest's win drags us right back into it.

Still if you had offered me 7 points from my last 5 matches, looking at the strength of the sides I would have taken it. 9 games left and they are all winnable for us, I wanted to still be in it at this point and i most certainly am.

Destro leaves Rochdale

After nine seasons, 178 appearances and 38 goals Italian iternational Matttia Destro will be leaving the club.

Coming our way is £4.5 million, aswell as 88 rated Jay Rodriguez. Im a big fan of Jay, and was well on the way to rising before the injury, im sure once hes fit again he can get to 89+.

Reduces our wage bill by £30,000 aswell as Destro was on £60k a week. Jay is much more versatile aswell which will come in handy

Juanfran, Vermaelen and maybe Farfan are available for similar offers as look to reduce our wage bill further and have cash to sustain us for a while

Got completely outplayed by West Ham. Come from 2-0 to 2-2 in 85th and still manage to throw it away in 87th :P GG Niall fully deserved 3 points. Results gone against us tonight and automatic looks dead in the water so hopefully we can consolidate a play off spot and hope to win the lottery.

Great win for us against a very strong side! Looking to push for playoffs as that was target at start of season, love to get West Ham back in Div 1 but only time will tell:D

Brett PITMAN for 1.5 million. He has 13 goals in the league for soon to be promoted Bournemouth.

Also, Jack STOBBS, exciting young talent for Sheffield Wednesday can go for 500k.

A much needed three points for us' date=' unlucky Will.

Bury & Watford look pretty doomed but that last relegation spot is mighty open with just four points covering the six teams from 18th-13th, [b']who drops?[/b]

Next up for us is the cup final against Exeter then the second leg of the CL knockout game( currently 3-0 up from first leg).

I did mention start of season I didn't think we had enough at Bury to stay up and sadly it seems the case, becoming a yo-yo club now.

Aldershot Town outclassed Newcastle United and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Herrera scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Insigne and Sow were also amongst the goalscorers.

We remain on top of Division 3 and we opened an important gap of 8 points to 3rd place! I'm proud of my players, another win with a great performance! Insigne & Sow, partners in crime B)

With only 9 matches to play, direct promotion looks possible for us atm if we don't suffer a severe dip in form. That would be an huge achievement and would possibly mean a much needed stadium capacity increase for little Aldershot! (Obviously we "secretly" also dream to win Division 3 tittle! :P) #Let'sgoShots!

Birmingham 0 Chesterfield 2

After 2 draws we are back to winning ways with a good performance against fellow playoff hopefuls, Birmingham. Goals from Pozuelo, and Llorente seal the win for us.

As I head into my 555th game of management we finally get to compete in a domestic cup final, the mighty Exeter stand in our way of grabbing the trophy.

We will rest Muller (cup-tied), Martinez, Robben, Castan, Alves & Suarez (injured).

Should be a good game.

80991.jpg

Looks like 15 yold Sead Haksabanovic is set to be joining up at Anfield, I read this report on him a while back:

Sead Haksabanovic is a Bosnian -born Swedish striker who currently plays nell'Halmstads . Growing up in the nursery club is part of the National U17 and is one of the best prospects in Sweden. Elegant and technical , can play both as a central striker and as winger . Manchester City , Liverpool and Chelsea are on his trail .

Worth a punt at 51k.

A few interesting developments have happened since I last posted. The Gunners managed to sign Rakitskiy from Preston North End for 15 million, a big thanks to Riece for the deal and despite his big transfer fee, he is well worth it if we can remain in Division Two.

Since the Man City win, we have had two wins, one draw and one loss (Swindon Town) but more important we got 7 points from a possible 12 which given the Gunners' poor league form is an excellent return.

The real marvel of my current season of Dutch goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet who since his transfer has conceded six goals in nine appearances which has been central to our success. A real steal for 220k plus Fernandez and safety is looking realistic with eight points from a possible next nine matches and five points away from 17th placed Wigan.

Next up is Rotherham

Well with 9 games remaining, we are still sitting at the top of Division 4. However we are being heavily chased by Southend and Hull, looks like it will go down to the wire that one.

In other news, im battling with the old SM dilemma, real life situation vs in game form. Osvaldo now playing for Boca Juniors and likely to drop but after winning the golden boot and player of the season for the past 2 seasons and with him having his best campaign yet, how on earth can i sell him!

His record in a Bournemouth shirt.

App GS Ass

27 (0) 21 25

29 (0) 22 13

36 (0) 20 15

Decent amount of minutes for PSV and linked to Arsenal and Man United in recent times' date=' I am sure you will find a buyer.[/quote']

I also will advertise my luxury :P Right now I'm only on 1M and need to start stacking!

Liverpool beat Exeter City 1 - 0 in the final to lift the trophy.

Mangala scored the winner for Liverpool and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Liverpool have won the English Cup!

Very nice unlucky buddy.

As expected no cup winnings paid, I have screenshotted before and after and similar to the CL final we won, the starting balance gets altered so the cash doesn't get paid.

Not to worry another trophy added to the cabinet. :)

EDIT:

A short M/R.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=3086195&postcount=2576

Liverpool beat Exeter City 1 - 0 in the final to lift the trophy.

Mangala scored the winner for Liverpool and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Liverpool have won the English Cup!

Very nice unlucky buddy.

As expected no cup winnings paid' date=' I have screenshotted before and after and similar to the CL final we won, the starting balance gets altered so the cash doesn't get paid.

Not to worry another trophy added to the cabinet. :)[/quote']

Congrats :)

You should have spent all your cash pre match so that it had nothing to go down into!

Congrats :)

You should have spent all your cash pre match so that it had nothing to go down into!

Thanks Will but it doesn't work like that as they reduce the starting budget that you had at seasons start by the amount of the prizemoney awarded so it is a no-win situation.

Have a look and you will see' date=' this is the second final I have screenshotted before and after and the same scenario.

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=173029[/url]