TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Bury beat Sunderland 4 - 3 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Van Der Vaart was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Emenike was also on the scoresheet for his side.

2-0 down inside 10 mins but we bounced back and VDV delivered a crucial 3 points.

nice to stick 4 past our old GK Leno too :P

Are Notts County still on offer in here' date=' or have I missed them?

Would love to have another go with them![/quote']

wayne harman has the offer.

previous manager was a complete p!*** though, bought loads of low rated youngsters for as much as he could pay, might have been a good side in 2019 but now that he has done a runner and not seen it through, someone has to clear up the mess.

Aldershot Town beat Birmingham City 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Sow scored the winner for Aldershot Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Such an important win against an underperforming Veigas's Birmingham, always a tough opponent and a big rival. Moussa Sow again MOTM, this guy is unreal atm! We kept our 1st place and increased our lead to 3rd place to 10 points, which is great! B)

Huge match tomorrow! 1st vs 2nd in what may possibly be a decisive match to decide Division 3 winners! Shrewsbury has been absolutely brilliant this season, surprisingly, but we're the leaders and we will do everything to win this match! #Let'sgoShots!

wayne harman has the offer.

previous manager was a complete p!*** though' date=' bought loads of low rated youngsters for as much as he could pay, might have been a good side in 2019 but now that he has done a runner and not seen it through, someone has to clear up the mess.[/quote']

Back at Notts County!

They're the only club that id come back for and I had been silently waiting to hear when they came free again. My previous time that I was in charge, I guided them to division 2 from 4. Doubt I can emulate that so quickly with this squad though.

I know many of you are interested in some of my players; give it a few days! I need to get to grips with who I want to keep and who is staying.

Welcome back Darlo.

This season is definitely testing my patience and having had a look at our run-in this could go right down to the wire.

We have sold off a bundle of kids internally another few may follow as we try to build a wee kitty as there will be no CL money next season, luckily enough we will get into the Europa via the Cup final win so that will earn a wee bit mullah.

Every game now is a big one next for us is Derby who we are yet to beat in five meetings, no pressure then.:eek:

Back at Notts County!

They're the only club that id come back for and I had been silently waiting to hear when they came free again. My previous time that I was in charge' date=' I guided them to division 2 from 4. Doubt I can emulate that so quickly with this squad though.

I know many of you are interested in some of my players; give it a few days! I need to get to grips with who I want to keep and who is staying.[/quote']

Glad it worked out for you, i cant imagine too many others hanging around to sort out the mess.

Back at Notts County!

They're the only club that id come back for and I had been silently waiting to hear when they came free again. My previous time that I was in charge' date=' I guided them to division 2 from 4. Doubt I can emulate that so quickly with this squad though.

I know many of you are interested in some of my players; give it a few days! I need to get to grips with who I want to keep and who is staying.[/quote']

I think I had them after you left. I was the County manager before the last guy - who set a strategy of regeneration and then ended it as phase 1.

When I was the gaffer we had a decent record - getting as high as 2nd place in Div 2 before I left to take over Northampton.

The old squad wasn't great and there wasn't a lot of money in the bank - so the last guy probably did what he thought best, given the circumstances.

Sadly, it leaves you in a very tough position to rebuild. Let me know if you want any loanees.

The Butcher

This season is definitely testing my patience and having had a look at our run-in this could go right down to the wire.

And yet ironically in terms of silverware it's your most successful season ever! :eek:

Welcome back Darlo, tough job for you there. I wish these people who come and ruin clubs could be banned from forum set-ups for life. Out of respect well established forum set-ups should be identified and marked as such by SM and a mandatory rep level should be required to get in them in my opinion.

And yet ironically in terms of silverware it's your most successful season ever! :eek:

Welcome back Darlo' date=' tough job for you there. I wish these people who come and ruin clubs could be banned from forum set-ups for life. Out of respect well established forum set-ups should be identified and marked as such by SM and a mandatory rep level should be required to get in them in my opinion.

I agree totally,

Haha yeah the silverware will need pawned though if we get relegated and Suarez, Ribery & Robben will have to shuffle off to pastures new as their wages will be too much of a burden.

With YoyoMo playing above his station it is a minefield down here.

I managed to beat Shack but I take no pleasure as I barely did tactics. Just no focused or interested at the moment just trying to sign in just to check things over. Will speak to someone on here at the end of the season :)

0-0 draw with Huddersfield despite dominating them. Griezmann gets himself sent off so misses three. Huddersfield gk gets motm. Up to 15 points lost from opposition keepers getting motm now.

Ah well, will keep plugging away :)

Rochdale 2-2 Yeovil

Our terrible run continues (No win since March 18th! :(). Made more frustrating after taking a two goal lead in the opening 10 minutes. Vietto was due to start but was recalled a few days ago by Sunderland andf forgot to update my teamsheet. Mane was brougt in and he set up the opener for Palacio and then scored his first league goal in 7046. Berbatov and Kuyt equalised for Yeovil before the break.

No win in 12, 8 draws in the last 9 games. Great resiliency but really want a few wins to finish a bit higher.

Another point away from relegation zone, 13 point gap with seven games to go.

I managed to beat Shack but I take no pleasure as I barely did tactics. Just no focused or interested at the moment just trying to sign in just to check things over. Will speak to someone on here at the end of the season :)

If you quit them they'll go to some manager in Div3/4, who'd be foolish not to take them...and even if they don't decide to take them, it'll be them who decide where the team goes, not you..

Maybe I've just been a little paranoid lately, but if you wanna stay, stay, if you don't, just leave quietly. Does no good for anyone for you to mope and talk about how little you care about the game from week to week.

I know from experience that SM is a game that you lose and gain interest in from time to time. I think I hardly made a transfer from mid-season 9 to mid-season 11 because I'd mostly lost interest in the game. But then I picked up interest again shortly after. Again, that's just the way SM is, and the way life is at times as well...

In any case, Forest were well-beaten by Tottenham to end our out-of-the-blue 3 game winning streak and leave us right outside the relegation zone. Think it'll be a bit of a tussle between Carlisle, Swansea, MK Dons and us for that last relegation spot, though I can't rule out either Bury or Watford picking up stream to make things interesting.

Walsall 1-0 Rotherham

Another big win against a resilient Rotherham side keeps our title hopes alive thanks to a Phil Bardsley strike early in the 2nd half. With all 3 sides above us drawing we close the gap to just 3 points, a night which throws the Div 2 title race wide open. We are tho facing selection headaches for the trip to Pompey with Vlaar picking up a 1 match suspension last night and joins Matic, Henderson and Remy on the sidelines so a change of shape may well be needed.

A 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday ends our 6 game winning streak but we still we're unbeaten in the last 18 games.

Carrick assisted two and Zaza and Jordan Ayew got a goal each. Carrick has been very good for us as he's grabbed 5 assists and 3 goals since he's arrived a few games ago.

Aldershot Town dominated much of the play against Shrewsbury Town but could only manage a 0 - 0 draw in their Division 3 fixture.

Muslera had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Such a shame we did not manage to win :( Dominant performance against 2nd placed Shrewsbury away from home, i'm proud of my players. We deserved to win but unfortunately we could not break their defence. No Moussa Sow goal tonight, surprisingly, sadly :P We would be closer to win the tittle, but things remain the same, a 3 points lead over 2nd place. We want to win Division 3 tittle and after this match i'm confident we can actually end up winning it! #Let'sgoShots!

Charlton Athletic score 4 to stun Carlisle United despite it being our first match without Negredo (who is likely to miss the rest of the season through injury). We're up to 8th and are 12 points clear of relegation which is great news.

STOKE CITY 2 - 0 CHELSEA

D.BA 34, 46

important victory tonight , once again the Strikers Gameiro-Ba did great effect ... 62 goals scored , best attack in division 1 - after many draws , we are on the good way to qualify to the smfa even if our objective may be the title ...