TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

BRIGHTON beat Plymouth 1-0 in a tough battle to leave us 5 points behind 2nd placed Shrewsbury and 8 points behind leaders Aldershot.

We know go into our toughest ever week since i took over' date=' Monday we are at Wembley to try and retain the shield against Sheff utd, good luck David.

Tuesday is Europe and a shield 1/4 final against Shaktar Donetsk.

Wednesday , we go to 4th placed Norwich and then on Saturday we entertain 6th placed Gillingham.

After this tough week we still have to face Shaktar in the 2nd leg, i just hope our small squad can cope.[/quote']

It started well enough, beating Sheff Utd at Wembley but Tuesday brought us down to earth as we lost a slender 1-0 lead to an 89th minute equaliser.

Then last night it all went t!ts up, a 5-1 defeat at Norwich was not what was required, well done Ruts.

We now have to concentrate on staying in the play offs, i dont think Schneiderlin is happy at the prospect of another season in div 3.

Hmm there is only a month left for the season so plenty of time for Robben to recuperate for next season and he has only just turned 31' date=' a 96 rated winger and striker is top notch, I still think Sop has got himself a good deal but I am pleased to bring in Higuain.[/quote']Word on the street has it that Robben saw himself too good to be playing Div 2 football B)

I'd maybe consider doing you a trade for Higuain in the future if he too becomes disgruntled with life in Div 2. Walcott & Draxlar maybe for him?

Word on the street has it that Robben saw himself too good to be playing Div 2 football B)

Haha yeah and too young to be playing D1 football at Boro.

Higuain & Gaitan have both joined up at Pool and have trained with the first team ahead of their debuts against Bolton.

The selection headache for the next game against Spurs when our other two stars are back from injury/suspension looks like it will be a good one for any manager; Who and how many do you play up front from the quartet of Rooney, Muller, Suarez & Higuain? :eek:

Haha yeah and too young to be playing D1 football at Boro.

Nice comeback Dan B) Btw' date=' i think Higuain & Robben deal was fair for both sides.

Now, back on The Shots:

André SILVA has completed his move to Aldershot Town from FC Porto for 1,001,000 plus Robert BAUER . All other offers were turned down.

Delighted to bring in André Silva to our youth team, he's one of the most promising strikers of his age and i believe he should have a bright future! :) Another portuguese top talent at Aldershot to add to Gonçalo Paciência and Tobias Figueiredo.

Forget the title run-in as no one really cares, just hand the title to Man United and be done with it.

Let get down to the games that matter, yes I mean the dropzone games.

Man United 2-Notts Forest 2

YoyoMo has been going up and down from d1 and d2 like a kid bobbing for apples, his form has been decent but he still finds himself in the dreaded 18th position, playing against Champions-in-waiting Man United looks a daunting task though especially since they have won their last god knows how many games, saying that I think Mo can grab himself a much needed point here.

Derby 1- MK Dons 0

MK Dons sit one point and one place above the dropzone and will see Derby as a potential three pointer given their poor form but derby won last time out and I reckon they will add to that today with an odd goal win similar to the reverse fixture.

Fulham 3-Carlisle 0

Dom's Fulham look good for the three points here they are in decent form and take on Anth's Carlisle who probably can't remember the last time they actually won a game, stats seem to say Fulham or draw as the last eight games between the sides have been 4 Fulham wins and 4 draws, Fulham to heap pressure on Carlisle with an easy win.

Bolton 1-Liverpool 1

Bolton seem to have hit a brick wall recently losing the last three on the bounce but they take on woeful Liverpool who look light up front missing Suarez & Muller, I see this ending all square.

Bury 2-1 -Swansea

Bury look to be doomed but this could be their chance to give themselves a hope as they take on fellow relegation contenders Swansea, it is do or die for Bury today and I can see them stepping up for this, I am going to go for a tentative odd goal win for them.

OTHER GAMES

Stoke 2 -Huddersfield 0

Tottenham 3-Chelsea 2

Charlton 0-Boro 2

Sunderland 1-West Brom 2

Watford 1- Everton 4

------------------

THE DROP

Here are the points of the relegated 18th placed team each season since the opening

43 GD*

As we can see 45 points would have saved you every season so we will take that as the magic number.

West Brom 44

Bolton 43

Everton 43

Sunderland 40

Swansea 39

Liverpool 39

Carlisle 37

MK Dons 36

Notts Forest 35

Bury 27

Watford 26

There are eleven clubs(as above) yet to reach the 45 point mark so are they all in danger still? I guess the next six games will tell us but I would say 42 or maybe 43 will be enough for safety.

Valdes saved a penalty in our match against Derby.

The match ended 1-1 with Di maria opening the scoring and Sturridge cancelling it out.

That could be a crucial save as we now find ourselves 8 points off of that target of 45 points.

Carlisle can't buy a win, lost to 9 men!

Club Message

AFC Bournemouth have now won 6 games in a row after beating Stockport County setting a new club record.

Club Message

AFC Bournemouth have recorded their biggest ever away league win by beating Stockport County 1 - 10.

9 points clear of playoff places with 5 games remaining. :)

Despite a 3-0 defeat to Chesterfield, Rochdale have kept the division 3 status (Unless we lose every game, Newcastle win five games and a big swing in goal difference).

With that in mind we have ended our loans (To save wages) and our youth players will be playing in the remaining games for experience.

Juanfran (91), Farfan (91), Palacio (90) and Vermaelen (90) still for sale. Need cash and a player to replace them (Players with a good resale value in the future).

A very nice 1-0 [Rooney] win for us against Bolton is made all the more sweeter by Forest, Carlisle & Swansea losing and MK Dons only managing a draw. Pressure, What pressure!

Breathing space of seven points to the drop and we are on the 42 point mark, with five games to go things are looking better.

OMG Anth what is happening at Carlisle?:eek:

And Joshua 10-1 Wow! :)

Heartbreaking 3-2 loss against United only made worse by the loss of Mathieu and Basta to one game suspensions.

Yedlin will likely get his full debut vs Fulham, and Hoffmann (who apparently no one wants despite 11 interested parties) will likely also start.

Have to say, at this point, even I don't fancy us staying up.

------

If anyone has a D(RC) that they are interested in selling, or a DM who can also play in defense, please get in touch.

Heartbreaking 3-2 loss against United only made worse by the loss of Mathieu and Basta to one game suspensions.

Yedlin will likely get his full debut vs Fulham' date=' and Hoffmann (who apparently no one wants despite 11 interested parties) will likely also start.

Have to say, at this point, even I don't fancy us staying up.

------

If anyone has a D(RC) that they are interested in selling, or a DM who can also play in defense, please get in touch.[/quote']

animated-puppie-dog-playing-with-yoyo-s.gif

YOYOMO!

-----------------------------------------------

My predictions weren't so bad, mine with real next to them in bold.

Man United-Forest 2-2 #3-2

Derby - MK Dons 1-0 #1-1

Fulham -Carlisle 3-0 #2-0

Bolton -Liverpool 1-1 #0-1

Bury - -Swansea 2-1 #2-0

Stoke -Huddersfield 2-0 #4-1

Tottenham -Chelsea 3-2 #2-3

Charlton -Boro 0-2 #0-2

Sunderland -West Brom 1-2 #3-0

Watford - Everton 1-4 #1-2

Walsall 1-0 Bristol City

Were digging deep atm to keep posting results and keep our promotion hopes alive. Another great result as we scrape past City to move within a single point of automatic despite missing Henderson, Remy, Lukaku and Richards last night. Remy is finally nearing fitness and appears ready to make his debut 5 weeks after joining from Bury, he will be in the squad for the trip to Tranmere on Wednesday.

Aldershot Town slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Coventry City in their Division 3 fixture.

A balanced match, we did not deserve to loose, a draw would be fair for both sides, but it's football, and credit to Coventry who played very well and managed to score twice, unlike us. We're still leaders but i hope to return to winning ways next match.

Awesome record that is for Osvaldo mate, POTY candidate for sure.

We beat Carlisle 2-0 :) Now im gunning for MO! B) Anything to help send him out where he belongs :)

Now im back to full running for the time being we are doing well again :)

I hate the way the match engine seems to be much more favourable to the LITTLE clubs!

Arsenal continued their merry run with four from a possible six points with a dour draw against Bristol City and a win against Tranmere Rovers. The points mean even more as we are one point away from the hallowed 45 points mark which will assure us of Division Two safety and more importantly, there is a 11 point difference between 17th placed Wigan and us with five games to go.

Barring an absolute horror show, Arsenal should be in Division Two next season.

I have also been busy adding to my youth team with the signings of Chilean central defender Igor Lichnovsky, Spanish midfielder Mikel Vesga, Portuguese centre half Fabio Cardoso, Spanish fullback Inigo Lekue and French winger Romain Habran. While some of the players may not come off, it will bolster a side which has a strong first team but a sparse youth side.

Next up is Ipswich and then the relegation six pointer against Wigan, it's gearing up to be an interesting final five games of the season!

Barring an absolute horror show' date=' Arsenal should be in Division Two next season. [/quote']Out of context this is a crazy statement! Only City in Div 3 was a bigger fall from grace. Well aside from Newcastle that is. Dudeskin would turn in his grave man :o

We beat Carlisle 2-0 :) Now im gunning for MO! B) Anything to help send him out where he belongs :)

Now im back to full running for the time being we are doing well again :)

Yep, a fine win for my boys. Clearly they are playing for their place for their new manager ;)

Sadly I think not only my Fulham's title push is over for yet another season, but so it likely is for that magnificent team Middlesbrough, despite now sitting pretty in 3rd. Just never gonna catch that one man Costa United

Ignoring Jooles :)

I will make the cocky step and name my team and formation. As im lazy im sticking with a 4-3-3 wingers.

De gea

Ivanovic - Koscielny - Bender - Criscito

Bender - James - Wijidumdum

Draxler - Walcott - Aubameyang

That will be my line up and I will look to attack a old looking backline of forests with pace and quality on the counter. I will be looking for a easy simple win so confident ive rested Sami and Iker for much tougher matches :)

The match ended 1 - 1 between Liverpool and Real Madrid in their SMFA Champions Cup Quarter Final Leg 2 fixture.

Higuaín scored the only goal for Liverpool and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Liverpool went through 6 - 1 on aggregate.

Higuain with his first goal for the club, this sets up a Champions League semi-final against Lazio, tbh I am glad we avoided Spurs with their good pedigree in the competition; We are the holders though and are on track to hopefully retain the trophy.

Strange that such a miserable season could end with us landing three trophies.:eek:

Spurs up next for us in the league and we will be missing Otamendi and Suarez.

Ignoring Jooles :)

I will make the cocky step and name my team and formation. As im lazy im sticking with a 4-3-3 wingers.

De gea

Ivanovic - Koscielny - Bender - Criscito

Bender - James - Wijidumdum

Draxler - Walcott - Aubameyang

That will be my line up and I will look to attack a old looking backline of forests with pace and quality on the counter. I will be looking for a easy simple win so confident ive rested Sami and Iker for much tougher matches :)

Lucky for you half my "old looking backline" is injured, so instead you will be facing a "young looking backline" filled with inexperienced players.

Sad thing about SM is that even if I know your formation there isn't too much I can do to counter, all the conventional wisdom about formation counters has more or less flown out the window this season. Will give it the old college try tho.