English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Charlton Athletic beat Derby County 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Beñat scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Pizarro was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Another superb result ensures a top half finish for us with one game to spare.

We finish the season with an intriguing game against Stoke - with the teams separated by only one point.

Goats and Monkeys ! The run-in from hell.

Northampton prove themseves to be the "Newcastle" of SMFA Division 2.

Today was a bad day for the appropriately monikered "Cobblers".

We've been in the top 2 or 3 all season, but have recently become the Origami Men of Division 2 (completely folding under pressure).

Just when we needed to finish strongly we've ended the season with an abject run of form. I've become the John Carver of SMFA.

We haven't won for weeks, we haven't dominated a match for ages and I appear to have absolutely no grasp of tactics.

I've even got an 82 ranked player who demands to be played in the first team and who remains "mildly unhappy" even though I'm paying him more in a week than I earn in a year. (If you don't like it here mate, then go back to your own country).

Throughout the current season I've doggedly stuck with 3-5-2 formation at home and a 5-3-2 away. I've used high tempo, snarling, combative tactics which should be attractive to watch - but produce perfomaces more boring than the Eurovision Song Contest.

In other game worlds, this enterprising approach has taken me on 28 match unbeaten runs, 100 goal seasons and "Manager of The Year" awards .

Here, it takes me on 7 match winless runs, fan protests, home defeats against the bottom clubs and widespread scorn.

To freshen things up, I tried a 4-2-3-1 today and barely crossed the half way line.

My attackers are truly inept - Bony is just here for the paycheck.

My midfield generals are a bunch of gutless cowards.

My defence is made up people I've never heard of and rarely seen on TV - and the kids I have in the youth team are taking ages to get their rating increases.

So, here's an open invitation to all of you predatory managers in 7046 to have a raid on my squad.

I'm prepared to let

Varane (90), Bony (90), Pogba (92) and Lovren (89) and Deulofeu (87) leave Northampton. You can clean out my youth team as well.

All the above are decent - some clearly more attractive than others.

However, for Pogba or Varane you would also have to take either Rossi (91) or Paulinho (91) as part of the deal - and I'd expect something decent in exchange. So a 2-for-2 package that gives both sides something to be pleased about.

No silly proposals please and nothing that requires any cash from me. I'm £50m in the red already.

Make me the sort of offer you might accept yourself.

Aldershot wins Division 3!

Aldershot crowned Division 3 Champions!

z-Aldershot17235Pages5.jpg

Aldershot Town outclassed Norwich City and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Yarmolenko had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

N'zonzi and Konoplyanka were amongst the goalscorers.

A champion's performance from Aldershot last night really! A much deserved win over 2nd placed Norwich granted us Division 3 tittle! An historic moment for this small club. A dream come true for the fans, the staff and even the players. I'm very proud of my team and what we managed to achieve. It's beautifull.

Next season we will be playing in Division 2 for the first time ever, and i hope we will get a stadium increase, as our capacity is only 7500! :rolleyes: Our path is not over yet, our dream is to take Aldershot from Division 4 to Premier League. We're one step closer! :D

Three nice risers recently for Rochdale

Jetro Willems 87 -> 88

Rafa Silva 86 -> 87

Carlos Mane 82 -> 85

Will really help us for next season.

Managed to raise £9 million from selling three youngsters which gets us away from debt :D

Still considering selling Juanfran (91), Vermaelen (90), Farfan (91) and Palacio (90). Had no offers that interest me yet, cash and a lowe rated replacement is what im after.

Ha-ha' date=' back on the pop again hey Dan? Must be celebrating avoiding Div 2 :)[/quote']

Haha yep on the sauce.

-------------------------------------------

LIVERPOOL IN TRANSFER SWOOP!

After selling Thiago Silva we started our quest to find a replacement centre back and at long last we have managed to secure the services of Uruguayan DC Diego Godin, he comes at a price though with Martins-Indi & Otamendi & 6 mill cash going in the first part of the deal and then Sebastian Jung comes in & 1.8 million for Duarte Bernard.

This means we have our prized Centre back and Jung comes in for our second choice right back behind Alves, with Bernard leaving this means more space for Herrmann and Fischer.

With our poor season we have changed things dramatically with Godin, Jung, Muller, Higuain, Gaitan & Guilavogui all joining up this season.

Onwards and upwards, YNWA.

Wow, with the final week of the season fast approaching there's still a lot to play for in 7046!

In division 1 Dan's Liverpool is in a frantic battle with Niel's Bolton to secure that coveted 13th place. And BiggaMemo is vying to make it his 4th time plying his trade in Div 2. Of course the title is all wrapped up but interestingly if Chelsea win on Wed that magic 65 point mark would in days gone by have been enough to give then the title in seasons 8, 9 & 10. 65 points for Boro would have given them the title back in season 9, back when of course Dan was given a title freebie.

Div 2 has Swindon, Walsall, Preston & Northampton battling for the 2nd automatic promotion spot. Swindon & Walsall have both briefly tasted Div 1 so maybe Preston or the Cobblers can show them how to stick around. It would be mighty impressive by Swindon or Walsall to bounce straight back up though at the first attempt. Man City & Arsenal fight it out too to see who can finish closest to mid-table mediocrity.

Div 3 is a straight battle between Shrewsbury & Norwich to join the impressive Aldershot in going straight up. The Shrews have never seen the light of Div 2, whereas remarkably if Norwich go up that will be their 7th promotion or relegation in 12 seasons, going from Div 2 to 1, down to Div 4, then right back where they started. And woah, there you go, they say Mo is the yo-yo!

And down in Div 4 with the top 2 places all wrapped up Brentford, Leicester & Wycombe battle it out to secure the last playoff spot. Bournemouth's season is not over yet either though as they will become the 2nd highest scoring 7046 team ever if they can put 3 past second-placed Southend, 4 if they want to go one more than Dagenham's 112 goal haul back in season 3. Unlikely but if they can notch the magic 12 goals then they'll join 7046 scorers supreme Predator's Plymouth who bagged 121 way back in season 1. Millwall can still make 14th if they win, providing other results go their way.

And last but not least, adios

And finally, it is with a heavy heart that we see 7046 Stalwart Dom in his 568th game and last game for Fulham. That's an incredibly long stretch to maintain such mediocrity without any tangible success but you can't fault the man for trying. Well done Dom. To be that average for that long really takes something special. Hat's off to you fella and all the best in whatever your future holds.

I would say I will look after your players well but we all know that to be a lie. I'll be shipping them off to pastures new as soon as I get my grubby little hands on them and building a real squad with depth to actually seriously challenge for the title. Kinda embarrassing for you when in just 20 games Eto'o is out-performing your best talent in goals scored, average performance & MOTM. Watch and learn son, I'll show you how to bring titles to Craving Cottage. Now we know why they call it Craving! :P

Good stuff Jooles B)

And nice piece of deal Dan' date=' good job keeping the internal market busy.[/quote']

Haha yeah that is 21 internals for the season I think, still time for one more if anyone is interested in selling a young CB -have Fischer/Veretout/Talisca/Stambouli and Demerai Gray to throw in the mix.

Haha yeah that is 21 internals for the season I think' date=' still time for one more if anyone is interested in selling a young CB -have Fischer/Veretout/Talisca/Stambouli and Demerai Gray to throw in the mix.[/quote']Fair play Dan. Internals are the key to a healthy gameworld. Hey, with Eto'o (West Ham), Alex (Forest), M'Bia (Wolves) & Sagna (Walsall) that's 4 internals for Boro this season! More I reckon than the previous 11 seasons for me! :o

Oh and many thanks for the rep Dan. What does GFY mean BTW? :confused:you should be proud of 13th! lol

looking for 2 89/90 rated forwards can use Torres Gomis, Elia, DZEMAILI, & ROSICKÝ , also these players are also available for any other offers

on another not good look to Leeds and Ipswich in their game tonight the winner will take the final Div 2 playoff spot, though Ipswich only need a draw unless though that would open it up for my west ham who would need to win by 6 haha.....No chance! All the best lads!

Carlisle bring in a few 70 rated players as we prepare for life in divison 2 next season and division 4 in three seasons time. As a result, might be looking to do a few deals with my first team'ers come the end of the season, just not Courtois thanks.

Liverpool have progressed to the next round of the SMFA Champions Cup.

Looks like we will meet our old foe Spurs in the final as we look to retain the trophy' date=' good luck Ben.

Pity about the prizemoney and chit but I will leave that for the other thread.[/quote']4 trophies in your worst season ever would be amazing Dan! :)

4 trophies in your worst season ever would be amazing Dan! :)

It would only be three if we were to beat Spurs to retain the CL trophy and that will be tough given there European pedigree' date=' unless your counting the Worst manager of the season award I might win. :)

I am pleased enough with the season, we won the Super Cup, we won the FA Cup giving us European football next season, we are in the Champions League final and we have rebuilt the Liverpool side, the brush with relegation kept me on my toes but I never doubted my ability to steer clear of the drop. :)

[img']http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2015/05/1258574_Liverpool.jpg[/img]

Now that is a decent side and with subs like Gaitan, Guilivogui, Herrmann, Fischer, Talisca, Jung, Mangala, Pepe, Stambouli & A.Gomes we are in prime shape.

Since I had a little time I wrote and end of season report on the ifs and buts.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=3097562&postcount=2598

That was a nice read :)

Also in Division 2, Northampton can get automatic promotion. If they win and Preston,Swindon and Walsall all lose. So alot to play for tonight

Hopefully i can get promoted after being in division 2 for 10 seasons :eek:

Stop the clock! A frantic race against time just beats the scores with a Div 1 relegation special preview right here :)

I forgot how bloody long these things take so apologies for the shoddy effort and poor formatting. Will try and clean it up a little but just wanted to get it up before it was too late! :o