English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Stop the clock! A frantic race against time just beats the scores with a Div 1 relegation special preview right here :)

I forgot how bloody long these things take so apologies for the shoddy effort and poor formatting. Will try and clean it up a little but just wanted to get it up before it was too late! :o

Clock stopped! haha

SM weighing in with some late results to pimp up the drama!!!

Stop the clock! A frantic race against time just beats the scores with a Div 1 relegation special preview right here :)

I forgot how bloody long these things take so apologies for the shoddy effort and poor formatting. Will try and clean it up a little but just wanted to get it up before it was too late! :o

Top work mate' date=' love it, thanks! :D

Now if SM would just put me out of my misery. Honestly, of all the bloody nights the results could be late it has to be this one. [/font']

Top work mate' date=' love it, thanks! :D

Now if SM would just put me out of my misery. Honestly, of all the bloody nights the results could be late it has to be this one. [/font']

Yeah, glad I took an hour out of my work day to scramble to get that preview in! :rolleyes:

It's why I moved to Canada - to allow enough time to get SM's late results before I went to bed. Dan doesn't go to bed until 5am so he's alright. Feel sorry for the rest of you.

1358174528___Leicester_City_Banner.png
Leicester City beat Oldham Athletic 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Di Natale scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Durm and Giuliano were also amongst the goalscorers.

Captain Fantastic came through for me, Di Natale scored one and set up two, finishing with a rating of 10 and picking up the man of the match award.

antonio-di-natale.jpg

It was a game we thoroughly deserved to win, 30 shots with 17 on target.

We make it to the playoffs, I have a 50% success rate in playoffs in 7046 so who knows what will happen.

Pretty happy with my record since I took over.

W6 D7 L2

One of those losses being against the Bournemouth runaway train with the red hot Dani Osvaldo (insane stats this season)!

_82662132_pearson_reuters.jpg

After quite a rubbish season I,somehow,managed to finish in top 10 and earn a place for an europen competition.

Reus should definetly be considered for POTY.Basically saved me from relegation and put me in top 10 by scoring 21 and assisting other 12 in just 32 games.Been the 2nd scorer in Division 1,Top 10 in assists(6 away from 1st place,4 from 2nd,2 from 3rd).Also been named MOTM in 7 games,most MOTM awards in Div 1.

Ah well season over' date=' everyone at West Ham up for negotiation not Oblak though, not a bad return to Div 2 though finish 8th but too many draws! Good luck to everyone in the playoffs![/quote']

First deal done of pre season done

Pelle & De Jong move to West Ham with Elia & Gomis moving to Bristol City!

Happy with how the season went at Wolves as we consolidated our position in Division 3 after promotion finishing in eleventh place. After the first quarter of the season we were languishing in 17th place and in debt so I decided to shake things up and sell off the so called "star" players in the squad for which I was lambasted in some quarters but I think the gamble paid off. We end up with a healthy bank balance and a decent looking squad that I hope can keep us competitive next season.

Congrats to all the winners this season and good luck next term for those who were relegated.

After all that we finish above Liverpool and 7 points off Europe. Take that :)
Gutted here.

Will when you posted my run-in back a few weeks ago I thought it could be me sitting in Anths place but we just done enough.Anth feel gutted for you mate but next year you will come back stronger.

Plaudits must go to Mo at Forest as he has been the brunt of many a joke over the last month and against it all he has overcame that adversity.

Swansea and Forest finished on 44 pts with a 48/62 goal difference which would have saw Mo relegated if Carlisle had managed to win, positioning shows that SM must count most wins as one of the variables.

Congrats and Commiserations to all the winners and losers, good luck all those in the play-offs and thanks you all for just being here in 7046, give yourself a slow clap as you have all been awesome.

The roar of the tigers

Here we go again,Hull are on playoffs in div.4.One of the weakest teams last season who finished 16th now show their power under my managment.Getting the team last season with 7 games left I already didn't have a chance for reaching the playoffs and the team played without any pressure his last games.This games was very helpful for me,it was a chance to find the right tactic and instructions for my players.

Season 12,my first full season with the tigers have been more than successful.With nobody expecting to finish at the bottom part of the table we managed to be a team dangerous for everyone in the league.The 4th best forward power and the 5th best defence in the league show how good balanced was my team during the season.Our killing trio in the attack was Vossen(12 goals)-Hernandez(15goals)-Soriano(13 goals) who was helped by the regularly scoring midfielders Ramirez-Baumgartlinger-Schiedebach-Rodwell and not in last place our top defenders Douglas-Nsue-Granqvist

Now we are looking to the playoffs where we will play with Leicester another very good team with such a good players like Di Natale,Michu,Susaeta...It will be hard but the fans are ready for the battle.

Nobody could of predicted that end to Div 2. Anyone from 2nd to 5th could of nicked that last automatic spot with 3 points and not one of us managed a win! Think I remember doing predictions at the start of the season about where we would finish and I predicted 4th so obviously I come 4th... Now for the lottery of the play-offs where we face Northampton. Was going to use my one time but think I'll save that in case I make the final :P On the plus side we did bank 2.7m to help with our mounting debt atm.

Rochdale ended the season on a high with a 3-0 win over QPR, which moves us up once place into 14th. Much lower than our expected top 6 finish, but the squad is better than the start of the season and debt cleared :)

Jay Rodriguez scored his first goal for the club, Rafa Silva and Walter with the other goals. The kids always seem to win when they play :D

Congrats to those promoted, good luck to the play-off sides and comiserations to those relegated.

Still looking to sell Juanfran, Vermaelen, Farfan and Palacio. Also will need some quality loans for next season, if anyone has 86+ available PM me and hopefully I can ave them next season :)

Gutted here.

Hard luck Anth' date=' most seasons your point total would've been enough to keep you up. No doubt you'll be back in a season's time.

Will when you posted my run-in back a few weeks ago I thought it could be me sitting in Anths place but we just done enough.Anth feel gutted for you mate but next year you will come back stronger.

Plaudits must go to Mo at Forest as he has been the brunt of many a joke over the last month and against it all he has overcame that adversity.

Swansea and Forest finished on 44 pts with a 48/62 goal difference which would have saw Mo relegated if Carlisle had managed to win, positioning shows that SM must count most wins as one of the variables.

Congrats and Commiserations to all the winners and losers, good luck all those in the play-offs and thanks you all for just being here in 7046, give yourself a slow clap as you have all been awesome.

A little disappointed that we weren't able to beat Swansea by the point margin we needed to go above them in the table, but we got the win we needed and luck was on our side to see us escape the relegation zone on the final day. Think most people (looking at you Jooles) had us pegged for relegation after five straight losses, but we managed to get it together to pick up three crucial wins down the stretch.

As evidenced by our 139 transfers (and counting) this season, this season was a season of reconstruction. We got out of 33 million pounds of debt while managing to bring in a slew of productive first-team members and bringing down the average age of the first-team considerably. Veterans like Benoit Cheyrou, Dimitar Berbatov, Dirk Kuyt, Aleksandr Anyukov, Felipe Melo and Bryan Ruiz have been replaced by Roberto Soldado, Ganso, Monreal, Lennon, Basta, Schwaab, as well as a couple vets in Costa & Pasqual. A number of really great talents have been brought into the team, and many more will come over the coming weeks.

It's been a while since Forest have performed well in Division 1 (season 6's 10th place finish was our last good season in the division, although season 2 and season 5's top 4 finishes are still fondly remembered around the club), but I'm confident we can establish ourselves as a top 10 club in 7046 once more. Looking forward to next season B)

Swindon town boss Paul Gibson is over the moon at promotion again back to the first division, having taken the team from the 4th division when taking over, to the top flight, they bounced straight back up following last years relegation from Division 1, hopefully Gibson will be able to keep them in the first division this time around.

Although the team were defeated on the final game of the season, results from other grounds meant Swindon scraped through as runners up

However the message is clear to the Swindon fans, unless serious investment is made from the club to clear the debts, then no new players will be arriving, and no players will be sold (unless somebody makes me an offer I cant refuse)

Next season is going to be a long hard season, the football may not be pretty but we need to ensure our top flight status

Good luck to those in the play offs, and to those trying for promotion next season

Have the Wigan job on offer. Anyone got any good candidates in mind get in touch.

In Saddlers news we face Northampton in the play-offs tonight and despite doing the double over them this season I have little faith in getting a result when it really counts. Not yet decided what formation to swing with tho, recent form been pretty poor and cost us an automatic spot, losing 4 of the last 6 games.