English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

All i see tonight is a Preston lost.Despite beating Ipswich twice this season
Nice to see such optimism there! :P

Good luck to those in the play offs' date=' and to those trying for promotion next season[/quote']Ha-ha, nothing like rubbing the noses in it for those "trying for promotion." Not you you mean! :P And of course don't forget all those trying to avoid relegation too ;) Congrats on the second promotion though, amazing effort fella :)

And very happy with Boro's end to the season. Yet another Eto'o inspired win sees us finish a comfortable 3rd in Div 1 with 65 points. Very pleasing seeing how often we've been written off in the past. Those spells of just 1 win in 6 at the start of the season and 4 defeats and 1 draw in 5 just after the halfway point really cost us.

Swansea and Forest finished on 44 pts with a 48/62 goal difference which would have saw Mo relegated if Carlisle had managed to win' date=' positioning shows that SM must count most wins as one of the variables.[/quote']Or maybe SM just do it alphabetically. Wouldn't put it past them :rolleyes:

Gutted here.
Unlucky Anth' date=' hope I didn't jinx you there :o

...Think most people (looking at you Jooles) had us pegged for relegation after five straight losses, but we managed to get it together to pick up three crucial wins down the stretch.

Never doubted you Mo! :P I had Liverpool down for relegation all season, not you. I still don't know how they avoided it with that form! :eek:
  • Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

Posted Images

Never doubted you Mo! :P I had Liverpool down for relegation all season' date=' not you. I still don't know how they avoided it with that form! :eek:[/quote']

Yeah never doubted Mo myself [puts yoyoMo gif away for next season] :)

Meanwhile Liverpool have treated their 'stars' to an all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas in celebration of the two trophies they have won this season, always nice to give the lads time to relax considering we have to prepare for a Champions League final on Tuesday.

That form hah!

Walsall coast into the play-off final defeating Northampton for the 3rd time this season. Vlaar popped up with a belter from distance to give us the lead then Lovren was sent off which changed the game a bit. Welbeck then bagged himself a brace to finish them off. We face Ipswich in the final hoping for an instant return to the Prem.

Walsall coast into the play-off final defeating Northampton for the 3rd time this season. Vlaar popped up with a belter from distance to give us the lead then Lovren was sent off which changed the game a bit. Welbeck then bagged himself a brace to finish them off. We face Ipswich in the final hoping for an instant return to the Prem.
Wow, the 4th & 6th placed team in every division made it through to the playoff final. An SM fix maybe? :eek:

677.png

Season 12 - D3 3rd (Play-Off Semi - lost)

Season 11 - D3 10th

Season 10 - D3 5th (Play-Off Final - lost)

Season 09 - D4 1st (Promoted)

The board and management team of Norwich City has decided it is time for a wholesale rejuvenation of the playing staff.

Nineteen of the twenty two first team squad have been transfer listed, largely at CV, to initially gauge interest from internal and external. It is unlikely any player will leave for CV or for the first offer received. Cash and part-ex offers are invited accordingly.

This exercise will result in a significant reduction in overall rating as the club seeks to place a new emphasis on future development, not least to address the weekly budget deficit of circa £600k per week.

The current model is unsustainable as players age and devalue.

It is a bold strategy which will likely remove Norwich from contention for, perhaps, two or three seasons but is in the best interests of the club, long term.

ruts

We actually did it. Can't believe it.

Especially when you realize I accidentally played my youth team full of low-80s, 70s, and even some sub-70 players in the Semi-Final vs Brentford.

Add to it a 89th minute winner from Arnautovic in the Final vs Leicester to return to the 3rd Division at the first time of asking.

Exeter win the Div 3 playoff final with a narrow 1-0 win over Smuts,Brighton.

Close game that was settled by Adrianos solitary strike.

Unlucky mate,such a close game.

Really pleased with the promotion,and will be after a few loans to make life easier in Div 2

Exeter win the Div 3 playoff final with a narrow 1-0 win over Smuts' date='Brighton.

Close game that was settled by Adrianos solitary strike.

Unlucky mate,such a close game.

Really pleased with the promotion,and will be after a few loans to make life easier in Div 2[/quote']

Congratulations, we were never in the game, very disappointing performance, especially as i managed to get my strongest team fully fit for the final.

Enjoy Div 2.

Congrats to Ipswich, Exeter and Peterborough on their play-off wins I hope you enjoy and adapt well to your new surroundings a peg higher.Those that lost on the playoffs unlucky, it is a tough ticket to win with six teams vying for each spot.

It is Monday now and since we are still yet to be paid for last seasons CL money and this seasons prizemoney winnings from reaching the CL final and winning the FA Cup (£14.6 million all in) I am not going to renew my GM for the final so my fate will be in the hands of the assistant manager.

On a side not Junior Malanda played his last game on loan at Peterborough in the Play-off final win, I have him in my team for the CL Final (if the assistant decides to play him) to give him a proper send off.

Reus should definetly be considered for POTY.Basically saved me from relegation and put me in top 10 by scoring 21 and assisting other 12 in just 32 games.Been the 2nd scorer in Division 1' date='Top 10 in assists(6 away from 1st place,4 from 2nd,2 from 3rd).Also been named MOTM in 7 games,most MOTM awards in Div 1.[/quote']I don't know man. Young lad Eto'o: He basically pulled Boro up to 3rd single-handedly; 15 in 21 vs. Reus' 21 in 32, 4th best goal ratio across all tables behind Osvaldo, Lewandowski & Costa; 6th highest Div 1 rating average vs. Reus who doesn't even feature; and also 6th placed in the MOTM, 5 in 21 vs, Reus' 7 in 32. I think you're biased fella! ;)

jjomclarenj

Eto'o being congratulated for his role in Boro's 3rd place spot

I don't know man. Young lad Eto'o: He basically pulled Boro up to 3rd single-handedly; 15 in 21 vs. Reus' 21 in 32' date=' 4th best goal ratio across all tables behind Osvaldo, Lewandowski & Costa; 6th highest Div 1 rating average vs. Reus who doesn't even feature; and also 6th placed in the MOTM, 5 in 21 vs, Reus' 7 in 32. I think you're biased fella! ;)

[center']jjomclarenj

Eto'o being congratulated for his role in Boro's 3rd place spot [/center]

My lad is a winger,not a striker poor lad.

Ouch! I'm trying' date=' alright? :o[/quote']

Wasn't a dig at you buddy just fond memories of a vibrant match report thread.

Anyhow its that time of year again, the season is done and dusted, champions have been created and losers have wept.I have posted the End of Season Awards template on the forum thread, closing date for entries is June 1ST 11:59 PM.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=3100157&postcount=2603

To all you narcissists remember please don't vote for yourself/your player/your team or your vote will be discounted.

Thanks ashtini, BigameMo, Bigtuna, Gonzodan, JHarman, Jooles, Mistermalcolm, Raz, Sirmarkhughes, Sop, Steauseka, & Wozlives for the early send back of the awards, keep them coming lads get your name up here with the participants.It only takes a few minutes to enter, remember you can just fill in a few it is the taking part that counts.

Anyhow its that time of year again, the season is done and dusted, champions have been created and losers have wept.I have posted the End of Season Awards template on the forum thread, closing date for entries is June 1ST 11:59 PM.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showp...postcount=2603

To all you narcissists remember please don't vote for yourself/your player/your team or your vote will be discounted.

My votes are in too Dan. Still feel ashamed for not managing to vote last season :o

Sent mine in much earlier than usual this season.
Lol. Reminded me of the times I did the awards. I can't remember a time when I didn't have to remind Mo he couldn't vote for himself in one category or another! :P Bet you put yourself down for the Houdini didn't you Mo? ;)

My votes are in too Dan.

Lol. Reminded me of the times I did the awards. I can't remember a time when I didn't have to remind Mo he couldn't vote for himself in one category or another! :P Bet you put yourself down for the Houdini didn't you Mo? ;)

Well there isn't an award for tight-arse of the season set-up so I guess Mo has to try and get his name in lights somehow. :)

Thanks ashtini' date=' BigameMo, Bigtuna, Gonzodan, JHarman, Jooles, Mistermalcolm, Raz, Sirmarkhughes, Sop, Steauseka, & Wozlives[/color'] for the early send back of the awards, keep them coming lads get your name up here with the participants.It only takes a few minutes to enter, remember you can just fill in a few it is the taking part that counts.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showp...postcount=2603

First time participating, so I hope I did everything right :)

First time participating' date=' so I hope I did everything right :)[/quote']

Well you had me as manager of the year so I am not sure you did haha.

Yeah they are all fine and nothing can be wrong as they are personal opinions, you will see the awards from this season when the awards ceremony happens and if you are still here next season then you will have more clues to what every award is about etc.

Some people fun vote, some people serious vote, some people pity vote, some people vote for all awards, some people just vote a couple of awards, all of the above are fine.

Much appreciated to all who have sent back and to all those people that have it on the agenda to send them in over the next week.