TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Man' date=' this update might well have put the final nail in the coffin for SM, the forum's are absolutely dead. [/quote']

It takes like five extra clicks to get where I want to go; ain't nobody got time for that. On the plus side, in-game newsfeed is pretty active.

Voting for the End of Season Awards is now closed. Give me a couple of days to put the awards together and we should have them before the new season opener, thanks to all those managers who took part and to those of you that didn't well that is something you will have to explain when you meet your maker down the line. :)

Charlton Athletic - Season 12 Review:

Predicted finish: Relegation

Final position: 8th (Qualified for Europa League)

Fan's Player of the Season: Alvaro Negredo

Fan favourite Negredo once more wins the prize after scoring a handful of goals despite injury woes in the second half of the season.

Player's Player of the Season: Etxebarria Benat

Despite only signing for the club midway through the season, Benat became a joy to play alongside as he bagged himself 11 assists from 17 appearances.

Manager's Player of the Season: Davide Astori

With one of the toughest defences in the Division, conceding only 52 goals, I had to give my award to one of the back four. Astori was consistent and difficult to play against all season.

Chairman's goal for next season: Avoid relegation

Manager's hopes for next season: Have a good run in either the Shield, Cup, or Europa League whilst maintaining our Division 1 status for another season - this season's league finish will be difficult to equal again.

Congratulations to all of last seasons winners.

BRIGHTON , for the first time in my stewardship, have money to spend due to a selling a couple of players, a play off final, a euro shield final and SM paying out my prize money.

Just 3 first team players have come in but at least 13 possible risers will have come before the season starts.

We start the season away at palace.

Top stuff Dan, can't imagine it was made any easier by this god awful forum. Chuffed with the manager and player of the year awards, thanks to everyone who voted.

Tony I told you numerous times of my hope you would lose the playoffs so get over it. ☺

Our season starts today with a Charity Shield match against the Champs, this is a mickey mouse trophy but one we are yet to win so will try to win it, we did get rolled over by a Man United second string the other day in a friendly so they are definitely favourites for it.

Good luck Champ.

Liverpool start the season with a trophy, a penalty win over Man United seals the Charity Shield for Liverpool for the first time. Castan scored our goal and then scored the winning penalty to ensure the Shield went to Anfield. Gaitan will miss the start of the season as he picked up a seven day injury in the match.

I would just like to say to Man United "you can't win anything with kids" as said by the famous Alan Hansen. :P

I am pleased to win the trophy but to be honest it is a mickey mouse trophy, I would say maybe we have put last seasons diabolical form behind us but then again we did start last season with a Super cup win so the jury is still out.

A decent start to the new season with a Charity Shield win under our belts and tonight a 3-1 win over Derby, we had to switch up the team as a few were still unfit from playing in the CS but alls well that ends well. Suarez was the star of the show with two goals and an assist.

But this has come at a price as Guilivogui has picked up a 7 week injury and Higuain a minor injury so they will join Gaitan on the injury list, a charity shield game and 1 league game and we have already had three injuries, I think it may be a long season!

Fulham & Boro in the bottom three. :)

200_s.gif

post-9091-144895570423_thumb.gif

A decent start to the new season with a Charity Shield win under our belts and tonight a 3-1 win over Derby' date=' we had to switch up the team as a few were still unfit from playing in the CS but alls well that ends well. Suarez was the star of the show with two goals and an assist.

But this has come at a price as Guilivogui has picked up a 7 week injury and Higuain a minor injury so they will join Gaitan on the injury list, a charity shield game and 1 league game and we have already had three injuries, I think it may be a long season!

[b']Fulham & Boro in the bottom three.[/b] :)

200_s.gif

Oh crap. Did the season start today?! :eek:

Rochdale opened the season with a 2-2 draw with Doncaster. Farfan and Doumbia with our goals.

We have agreed to sell Taison (89) to Coventry for £15million. Shame to lose one of our starters and a versatile player but the money is really needed. We have a ready made replacements in Rafa Silva (87) and Carlos Mane (85), aswell as Colak (86) who is currently on loan with us.

Will hopefully be dipping into the market to make one big signing and some young risers

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg
The match ended 4 - 4 between Millwall and Notts County in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Klose scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Vílla was also on the scoresheet for his side.

MILLWALL started the season away at Meadow Lane this season.

The match looked out of reach when COUNTY scored on 80th & 82nd minute to go 4-2 in front.

Amazingly, VILLA scored for Millwall on 85 & 86 mins to level at 4-4.

It shows character to fight back but this has to be a GREAT ESCAPE.

Liverpool have been busy in the transfer market with some youth signings:

Marko Kvasina 18/77

Jesus Vallejo 18/80

Antonio Cotan 19/80

Nicolas Tripichio 19/75

Yarouba Cissako 20/80

Clifford Aboagye 20/77

Azbe Jug 23/78

We still have 18 million to buy some youngsters if anybody wants to sell.

Marko Kvasina 18/77

Jesus Vallejo 18/80

Antonio Cotan 19/80

Nicolas Tripichio 19/75

Yarouba Cissako 20/80

Clifford Aboagye 20/77

Azbe Jug 23/78

Joachim Andersen and Tomas Vestenicky available at Forest.

Joachim Andersen and Tomas Vestenicky available at Forest.

Hmm I will pass on them Mo' date=' thanks for the offer though.

[img']http://cdn.soccerwiki.org/images/player/71971.jpg[/img]

Liverpool add nineteen year old French centre-back Clement Lengley to the youth ranks, bit of a punt on the Ligue two player but I heard he looks likely to be moving to Juventus in the summer which makes it a worthwhile punt if that comes off.

Marko Kvasina 18/77

Jesus Vallejo 18/80

Antonio Cotan 19/80

Nicolas Tripichio 19/75

Yarouba Cissako 20/80

Clifford Aboagye 20/77

Azbe Jug 23/78

nice to see you Wenger'ing the market mate ;):rolleyes: