TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Wow the forum is turning into a wasteland!

Plenty of activity on the Liverpool front with:

42103.jpg43271.jpg

Maxime Gonalons coming in for Patrick Herrmann.

75331.jpg79727.jpg80266.jpg45475.jpg

Jose Angel Pozo, Oliviera Lincoln, Jesus Gabriel & 800k coming in for Benjamin Stambouli.

And we have an agreed deal for

2985.jpg13651.jpg

David Silva & 5M coming in for Gonzalo Higuain in a week when his TB comes off.

A tough start for Aldershot in Division 2, it's a new reality for us, we're still settling in, but not to worry. It's a season for us to learn, to know our opponents, to get used to a more competitive Division. It's amazing the quality of most of the teams and the managers. It's gonna be an amazing battle. We have been struggling a little with injuries, and our best player Fernandinho barely played this season. He returned from injury last match and he immediately picked up another injury! Sick :P I don't think we will be able to challenge for a top 6 finish this season, but i'm pretty confident we wont get relegated and possibly next season we will fight for bigger things! One season to adapt and to grow. Then we will go for it! #Let'sgoShots!

A very nice hard-fought 1-0 win for us over Chelsea with striker Higuain scoring his first goal of the season in what may be his last league game for the club before his move to MK Dons. A sending off apiece with Martinez and Neymar receiving their matching orders. Twenty-one points from the first nine games is a good start and sees us sit in second place a point behind surprise package Sheffield United.

Well a change of formation tonight brought a much needed win despite having ten men virtually all game. I was just about to wonder if I'd finally cracked it. Then I checked my other results and found that my other Carlisle team had lost playing exactly the same formation and style despite playing a team 8 ratings lower. Back to the drawing board...

We have agreed a deal for CB Pepe who will be heading to MK Dons for 14.5 Million and Yoshinori Muto.

Pepe and Higuain who will be be MK Dons players over the next week will both play in our first defence of our FA Cup against Rochdale. Fringe players Gomes, Pisto, Fischer, Mensah, Jung and Talisca will all start along with the nearly departed duo, we will be putting out an 89 average rated side which should be competitive enough.

Last season we tried to win all three cups (won FA Cup, got final of Champions League and Q-Final of the Shield) but our league form suffered badly so this season we will only be playing full strength in the domestic shield as that is the only trophy we are yet to win.

Still bottom of the 4th with Bristol Rovers.

Bit slower than I thought after moving from Dagenham and Redbridge to kick on, but I hope eventually the bigger ground will lead to having a little bit more cash to play with.

D&R were in decent shape when I left, should be a bit of cash there now, I had picked up a few bargains for them that had good resale.

With 4 points from my first 5 games I'm going to have to get a move on.. Luckily there's no relegation to non-league status.

Couldn't access the forum over the weekend as apparently the forum is incompatible with Firefox. Anyways....

Things are looking good at Forest. Not too much has gone on on the transfer front since our signing of Ribery. After a few seasons of upheaval, this will likely be a quieter one, although then again you never know. Also, Rodriguez, Mathieu, Salah and Musa are all overdue for +1s imo, though I know I'll be lucky if SM gives even half of them +1s. Beauvue and Jemerson due for rises as well.

Will do a M/R if things keep chugging along for Forest. I feel like everytime I post in the forum I end up jinxing myself, so hopefully that pattern does not continue after this post...

A strong second half performance sees us ease past Rochdale 3-0 in our first match as we defend our FA Cup. Young Ghanian prospect Bernard Mensah grabbed the man of the match award for his goal and assist, young Dane Victor Fischer grabbed himself 2 assists whilst Talisca and Weigl both got their name on the scoresheet.

Good game Marc unlucky.

That win sets us up with a third round tie against Wolves.

Dagenham knocked out of Cup too, after a 4-1 defeat against Ipswich.

The difference on pitch wasn't as big as the score board shows, tho.

The good thing is we can focus more on the league now, where we are on 13th place..

Nearly two weeks off the forum for me that must be a new record or just a sign of the times.:rolleyes:

Anyhow here is how things have been going since I last posted:

[TABLE=class: tabledata, width: 567]

[TR]

[TD=class: right]Sat 11 Jul[/TD]

[TD=class: left]Division 1[/TD]

[TD=class: right][H][/TD]

[TD=class: center]1[/TD]

[TD=class: center]-[/TD]

[TD=class: center]0[/TD]

[TD=class: left]Tottenham Hotspur[/TD]

[TD]spacer.gif[/TD]

[TD=class: center]spacer.gif[/TD]

[TD]spacer.gifView Match[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: right]Mon 13 Jul[/TD]

[TD=class: left]English Shield Round 2[/TD]

[TD=class: left]Fulham[/TD]

[TD]spacer.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: right]Tue 14 Jul[/TD]

[TD=class: left]SMFA Shield Group A[/TD]

[TD=class: left]AS Saint-Etienne[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: right]Wed 15 Jul[/TD]

[TD=class: right][A][/TD]

[TD=class: center]2[/TD]

[TD=class: left]Swansea City[/TD]

[TD]spacer.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: right]Sat 18 Jul[/TD]

[TD=class: left]Middlesbrough[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Not too shabby which leaves us a point behind leaders Sheffield United.

I wonder where Jooles is? Oh I know he is rock-bottom! Haha step it up matey as Anth said he is looking forward to playing you next season. :)

Nearly two weeks off the forum for me that must be a new record or just a sign of the times.:rolleyes:

Anyhow here is how things have been going since I last posted:

[TABLE=class: tabledata' date=' width: 567"]

[TR]

[TD=class: right]Sat 11 Jul[/TD]

[TD=class: left]Tottenham Hotspur[/TD]

[TD]spacer.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: right]Mon 13 Jul[/TD]

[TD=class: left]English Shield Round 2[/TD]

[TD=class: left]Fulham[/TD]

[TD]spacer.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: right]Tue 14 Jul[/TD]

[TD=class: left]SMFA Shield Group A[/TD]

[TD=class: left]AS Saint-Etienne[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: right]Wed 15 Jul[/TD]

[TD=class: right][A][/TD]

[TD=class: center]2[/TD]

[TD=class: left]Swansea City[/TD]

[TD]spacer.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: right]Sat 18 Jul[/TD]

[TD=class: left]Middlesbrough[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Not too shabby which leaves us a point behind leaders Sheffield United.

I wonder where Jooles is? Oh I know he is rock-bottom! Haha step it up matey as Anth said he is looking forward to playing you next season. :)

Not sure about that Dan, i might yet be passing him as we swap places....

Blackburn Rovers News

Dropping down to Division 3 hasn't worked out too bad so far. Not losing much more money than I was last season and actually am doing well for a change. A club record unbeaten on 10 games and top of Division 3. Still a long way to go of course, but so far so good. :)

You Have Quit As Manager Of Tottenham Hotspur

A decision that wasn't easy after so long, but also one that has, in all honesty, been coming for some time.

Due to various different reasons, my time on SM has been non-existent for pretty much all of 2015 thus far, and even as far back as last summer I wasn't really as active as I once was. I've print screened all the important details about my time at Spurs (from what I could find) and have saved it for keepsake, but other than that I have a lot of great memories in this game world and want to thank everyone for making it worthwhile. I've interacted with so many great people that it'd be unfair to list them incase I missed someone out, but you know who you are. I leave as the third highest ranking manager of all time in the gameworld, so it's not a bad way to go out!

I feel like I'm shortchanging everyone with such a short post, but I honestly could go on about stuff that you'd soon get bored of reading haha. To put it simply: Best of luck to everyone for the future, and best of luck to whoever gets the Spurs job. Look after them (Bale especially!!!!!!!) ;)