TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

A decision that wasn't easy after so long' date=' but also one that has, in all honesty, been coming for some time.

Due to various different reasons, my time on SM has been non-existent for pretty much all of 2015 thus far, and even as far back as last summer I wasn't really as active as I once was. I've print screened all the important details about my time at Spurs (from what I could find) and have saved it for keepsake, but other than that I have a lot of great memories in this game world and want to thank everyone for making it worthwhile. I've interacted with so many great people that it'd be unfair to list them incase I missed someone out, but you know who you are. I leave as the third highest ranking manager of all time in the gameworld, so it's not a bad way to go out!

I feel like I'm shortchanging everyone with such a short post, but I honestly could go on about stuff that you'd soon get bored of reading haha. To put it simply: Best of luck to everyone for the future, and best of luck to whoever gets the Spurs job. Look after them (Bale especially!!!!!!!) ;)[/quote']

A real shame this. Everyone has their time when they fall out of love with SM; some fall permanently out of love, some find their way back at a later time. Been fun Ben, and hope you have fun with whatever takes the place of SM for ya. I'm sure we'd be happy to make room for you to get back in if/when you find yourself itching for a bit of fantasy football managing once again.

A decision that wasn't easy after so long' date=' but also one that has, in all honesty, been coming for some time.

Due to various different reasons, my time on SM has been non-existent for pretty much all of 2015 thus far, and even as far back as last summer I wasn't really as active as I once was. I've print screened all the important details about my time at Spurs (from what I could find) and have saved it for keepsake, but other than that I have a lot of great memories in this game world and want to thank everyone for making it worthwhile. I've interacted with so many great people that it'd be unfair to list them incase I missed someone out, but you know who you are. I leave as the third highest ranking manager of all time in the gameworld, so it's not a bad way to go out!

I feel like I'm shortchanging everyone with such a short post, but I honestly could go on about stuff that you'd soon get bored of reading haha. To put it simply: Best of luck to everyone for the future, and best of luck to whoever gets the Spurs job. Look after them (Bale especially!!!!!!!) ;)[/quote']

Really sorry to see that on the timeline, one of the game worlds all time greats. You'll be missed mate.

All the best Ben shame to see another long standing manager go.

Sad to see you leave Ben, you were a good forumer, manager, rival and most of all a top guy. Take care son.

Our kids were dumped out of the cup on penalties by Warren's Wolves, tbh it was half expected, congrats to Wolves I hope they can get far.

I've been busy offline with my house sale and moving to new house etc so av not been posting much at all on the Forum.

Sad to see NEWMAN leaving - he was great forumer and did great graphics etc.

Its now time for us - ie 7046 managers - to post here and get used to the new forum coz it won't change back.

Those 7046 managers who cant be bothered will simply leave as well, so if 7046 managers post here we can monitor who wants teams etc.

51AKpivMfFL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Has SMH copied 'The Special One's' philosophy of wining by being boring?

Lets have a look at the 'facts' :

Liverpool have set-up on a 4-5-1 formation with 96 rated goalkeeper Neuer at the back along with 94 rated Godin as the defensive rock, new players have been brought in and some young stars like Andre Gomes, Talisca and Fischer have started to get gametime due to the sales of older players such as Robben & Ribery. Liverpool are still blessed with attacking riches with Silva, Rooney, Muller and Suarez so why are Liverpool the lowest scoring team in the top flight?

The answer is clear with a 4-5-1 men behind the ball and tight marking tactics the team is just not set-up to score in abundance. The fans do not seem to be worried by this as they have saw Liverpool concede a miserly five goals in the thirteen games so far and you know how that saying goes 'Defence is the best form of attack'.

Liverpool have kept nine clean sheets in the thirteen games, six of which ended in 1-0 wins.

Are Liverpool boring? Honestly we sit in second place just a point behind leaders Sheffield United and five points clear of our nearest rival in third. My objective as manager is to try to deliver the title and at the minute with just over a third of the season gone we are sitting pretty enough to be in with a shout of challenging so if the 'press' and other media outlets wish to demean the brand of football we are playing I say let them be. YNWA.

I quite like the way the forum looks on my phone, hate it on the browser but I will try and be more active for the good of the gw!

After rebuilding the Birmingham squad with under 24 year old I've now decided to sell one of the younger players from the 2 in all positions 's and replace him with a older experienced and higher rated.

Anyways also pretty sad to see Ben leave, one of the 7046 legends....hopefully see you back at a later date but good luck with whatever.

On that note I have made myself available for the Spurs job, so hopefully there a chance of moving on after over 250 for Birmingham. My longest I've been at a club after coming back to SM.

The only way to keep the GW active is to keep the forum active and the other way, sad to see Ben go, I would rarely say this but I would prefer the golden oldies to sit on their teams rather than let them be shredded by certain people but when you have to go, you have to go..

I suppose this thread and 7777 will be my main priority's, shame I can't access the forum through my PS4 browser without it freezing as I'm rarely on the PC.

Anyway I sit top of division 2 with a 5 point gap infront of 3rd, funny enough I play third next who is indeed Ant's Carlisle. Good luck pal but if we know SM well I feel I will lose. Personally see my Preston dropping like a stone soon which will be a shame as I feel i deserve a chance at division 1 after like 10 seasons in division 2 :P

Nice to see a few posts today and also it is nice for the thread to be graced by Dave, hope all is well China.

I have put together a short set of predictions with a match from each division for tomorrows games:

Notts Forest- Sheffield United

We have 16th placed Forest (yep Yoyo Mo is skirting with relegation again) versus surprise package Sheffield United who are top of the league.

Rumour has it that one of these managers might not be in charge for this game tomorrow but who knows as the grapevine is not as good as it used to be.

Back to the game and with Forest missing Mathieu & Rodriguez I cannot see them having enough in the tank to beat high flying United especially considering United beat them home and away on the last pair of meetings between the sides.

Prediction: Notts Forest 1 Sheffield United 4

----------------------------

Preston-Carlisle

This is division twos match of the day as top of the table Preston take on recently relegated from the top flight 3rd place Carlisle.

Carlisle have a squad that should be playing in the top division. Players such as Kroos, Benzema, Mascherano, Koke and Jovetic should help propel Carlisle back to the promised land but Preston have a few stars themselves in the shape of in form Dzeko, Pjanic, Huntelaar & Nainggolan so this game has all the makings of a cracker.

Rumour has it that the formations will be Carlisle's 4-2-3-1 v Preston's attacking 4-5-1 for me that will only end one way.

Prediction: Preston 0 Carlisle 2

---------------------------------

Doncaster-Colchester

Such a shame that Doncaster have been left managerless for over 30 days (Yes SM fix the sh*t) as they have the potential to be a contender in this division. But as it stands they are yet to post a win and sit rick bottom so anything other than three points for Colchester would be a travesty.

Prediction: Doncaster 1 Colchester 3

----------------------------------

Hull-Millwall

This is a big game for these two clubs who sit second and fifth respectively. I expect Millwall's fitness or lack thereof to be a major factor in the outcome of this game and for that reason alone I can see Millwall taking a beating.

Hull 3 Millwall 0

Nice to see a few posts today and also it is nice for the thread to be graced by Dave' date=' hope all is well China.

I have put together a short set of predictions with a match from each division for tomorrows games:

[b']Notts Forest- Sheffield United

We have 16th placed Forest (yep Yoyo Mo is skirting with relegation again) versus surprise package Sheffield United who are top of the league.

Rumour has it that one of these managers might not be in charge for this game tomorrow but who knows as the grapevine is not as good as it used to be.

Back to the game and with Forest missing Mathieu & Rodriguez I cannot see them having enough in the tank to beat high flying United especially considering United beat them home and away on the last pair of meetings between the sides.

Prediction: Notts Forest 1 Sheffield United 4

----------------------------

Preston-Carlisle

This is division twos match of the day as top of the table Preston take on recently relegated from the top flight 3rd place Carlisle.

Carlisle have a squad that should be playing in the top division. Players such as Kroos, Benzema, Mascherano, Koke and Jovetic should help propel Carlisle back to the promised land but Preston have a few stars themselves in the shape of in form Dzeko, Pjanic, Huntelaar & Nainggolan so this game has all the makings of a cracker.

Rumour has it that the formations will be Carlisle's 4-2-3-1 v Preston's attacking 4-5-1 for me that will only end one way.

Prediction: Preston 0 Carlisle 2

---------------------------------

Doncaster-Colchester

Such a shame that Doncaster have been left managerless for over 30 days (Yes SM fix the sh*t) as they have the potential to be a contender in this division. But as it stands they are yet to post a win and sit rick bottom so anything other than three points for Colchester would be a travesty.

Prediction: Doncaster 1 Colchester 3

----------------------------------

Hull-Millwall

This is a big game for these two clubs who sit second and fifth respectively. I expect Millwall's fitness or lack thereof to be a major factor in the outcome of this game and for that reason alone I can see Millwall taking a beating.

Hull 3 Millwall 0[/b]

Great work Dan,

yes our lack of fitness will be a problem for this match and next one or two, Massive match here, we needed full fitness to give us a better chance of getting something.

I'll drop in now and again to keep the thread going if need be.

Since resigning from Dagenham and Redbridge, I've been rebuilding Bristol Rovers. Part of my master plan to move up the league, Rovers had a bigger stadium so the potential of more income was enough. (My long term goals to manage are: Liverpool, Oldham, Huddersfield. I might have to go through a few other clubs before I get there. ).

I was marooned at the bottom on 1 point for a while, but a few good results have me now in the heady heights of 18th, 7 points away from the wooden spoon.

But also 7 points away from playoffs in an incredibly tight division.

22 players out, 9 in.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for any opportunities to move on up to bigger and better things. No attachment to these teams yet - though I have to sayI was watching the new Daggers manager selling 'my' players thinking "oh, don't sell that guy!" - even though I bought most of them to make a profit!

Pleased to see a bit of action in here for a change, hope it continues.

Dan, great job on the predictions, always like reading them.

Dave Izod, you old goat! Yeah it'd be great seeing you back in here.

pabzjm, good luck with the side and hope things turn in your favour.

Riece, I think you do deserve a chance at the top flight, but hopefully not at my expense!

Thank you to the usual suspects for keeping this thread going.

I have to admit to having been a bit defeatist where the forum is concerned but I'll try to have more of an input from now on, not that Norwich have a great deal to shout about at the moment. Thirteen games in and we look decidedly average so far so maybe a few tactical tweaks required.

D3 is as fiercely contested as ever which keeps me very much interested in 7046, still the daddy of the Forum GWs... B)

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

MILLWALL are happy with their start to the season but it's a difficult time as we fight against NMF players and injured players etc.

I will now be dealing in the transfer market so we have more depth which will hopefully keep us at strength when key players are missing. In order to do this I will be selling top players to be replaced by 2 or 3.

Tonight's match away at HULL will be more difficult as our team is under pressure with NMF & INJURIES.

It's one of those things when you get a few out - for whatever reason - at the same time. As I say, I will be addressing this issue and hope to keep us in or around 5th spot.

I wish the players well tonight with our changed tactics in order to get a "win" or at least something out of the match.

Are Boro doomed is the question on everyone's lips - a massive 6 points behind safety after 14 games of the season, OAP side Boro look like they could be doing a Carlisle and dropping a Division - What does this mean for long term manager Jooles? Can he get his Gray army playing football again? He is even making Foolham look good which is quite a feet in itself

Also after tonight's game Liverpool go top - Will they throw the l title away again? Have Chelsea, Shef utd and Man Utd got what it takes to mount a challenge to the Liver-birds?

English Championship 7046(51429)

Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy)

Game World Id : 51429

Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%)

Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager. English Championship 7046 which is currently in Season 13 and has established itself over the past 4 1/2 years as the most active and competitive set up on Soccer Manager.

Division 1 Winners:

• Season 1: Manchester United
  • Season 2: Manchester United
  • Season 3: Tottenham Hotspur
  • Season 4: Middlesbrough
  • Season 5: Manchester United
  • Season 6: Manchester United
  • Season 7: Middlesbrough
  • Season 8: Everton
  • Season 9: Liverpool
  • Season 10: Swansea
  • Season 11: Tottenham
  • Season 12: Manchester United

Division 2 Winners:

• Season 1: Middlesbrough
  • Season 2: Bristol City
  • Season 3: Manchester City
  • Season 4: Norwich City
  • Season 5: Charlton Athletic
  • Season 6: Carlisle United
  • Season 7: Stoke City
  • Season 8: Arsenal
  • Season 9: Walsall
  • Season 10: Swindon
  • Season 11: Bury
  • Season 12: Sheffield United

Division 3 Winners:

• Season 1: Plymouth Argyle
  • Season 2: Bury
  • Season 3: Charlton Athletic
  • Season 4: Carlisle United
  • Season 5: Yeovil Town
  • Season 6: Southampton
  • Season 7: Walsall
  • Season 8: Derby County
  • Season 9: Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Season 10: Ipswich
  • Season 11: West Ham United
  • Season 12: Aldershot

Division 4 Winners:

• Season 1: Oldham Athletic
  • Season 2: Brighton & Hove Albion
  • Season 3: Dagenham & Redbridge
  • Season 4: Notts County
  • Season 5: Southampton
  • Season 6: Tranmere Rovers
  • Season 7: Swindon
  • Season 8: Rotherham
  • Season 9: Norwich
  • Season 10: Aldershot
  • Season 11: Wolverhampton Wanderers
  • Season 12: AFC Bournemouth

Opening post is looking epic mate' date=' loving the edit and the updates.

Liverpool go top of the league with a 2-0 win over Bolton with Suarez & Rooney on the scoresheet. Manuel Neuer with his [b']TENTH[/b] league clean sheet of the the season from fourteen games, early contender for Player of the Year? :)

I am not one to laugh at others misfortune but Borahahahaha!

Are Boro doomed is the question on everyone's lips - a massive 6 points behind safety after 14 games of the season' date=' OAP side Boro look like they could be doing a Carlisle and dropping a Division - What does this mean for long term manager Jooles? Can he get his Gray army playing football again? He is even making Foolham look good which is quite a feet in itself

Also after tonight's game Liverpool go top - Will they throw the l title away again? Have Chelsea, Shef utd and Man Utd got what it takes to mount a challenge to the Liver-birds?[/quote']

We are happy just to be fighting at the right end of the this season. ;)