TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Our leaky defense is costing us dearly. So much for the Stambouli - Fernandez - Alonso line. Going to change to 4 at the back and see how that goes.

It doesn't help that Wickham hasn't found the scoresheet in 3 games since joining from Man City. Ruben Neves is the only player wanting to have a crack.

Still rooted to the bottom by 5 points. Don't want the dreaded Wooden Spoon trophy at the end of season awards - if it does happen il just write this season off as a season of transition :D

Glad I could prove Dan wrong; we've got a great team this season but Div1 is always a tactical minefield and some teams (Everton, United, Sunderland, etc) just have much better ratings than us. Nevertheless, when Iniesta & Ribery are fit, we've got a shot against any team in the league, especially those on the same level as us.

Exciting that new seasons are starting all over Europe, can start scouring the globe again and forcing Carlisle to overpay on each of their players :P

Should have some big news to announce soon. Might even use that dusty old match reporting thread to do it...

Got one over my old team last night.

Bristol Rovers 3 - 2 Dagenham and Redbridge.

Had more possession, shots and shots on target.

Only had 4 shots on target against, for 2 goals. Looks like having my keeper as my highest rated and most expensive player in terms of wages may not be the best idea.

Really struggling to get anything going at Walsall atm. Seem to be stuck in a rut where were constantly tinkering with formations and team instructions and as a result just can't get any consistent form going. 1-0 loss at home against Arsenal last night doesn't sound to bad but can't help but feel with my starting 11 we should be doing better. We've arranged a behind closed doors friendly for tonight vs Ipswich where were going to try and go back to basics and more importantly stop tinkering over the next few weeks and see if that changes our fortunes.

Glad I could prove Dan wrong; we've got a great team this season but Div1 is always a tactical minefield and some teams (Everton' date=' United, Sunderland, etc) just have much better ratings than us. Nevertheless, when Iniesta & Ribery are fit, we've got a shot against any team in the league, especially those on the same level as us.

Exciting that new seasons are starting all over Europe, can start scouring the globe again and forcing Carlisle to overpay on each of their players :P

Should have some big news to announce soon. Might even use that dusty old match reporting thread to do it..

http://forum.soccermanager.com/forum...91#post5104491

Nice win for you Mo I am glad I got it wrong as it helped send me top along with my win over Neil's Bolton.

Also nice M/R Post I included a link in the quote as people are struggling to find stuff still, I thought you might have taken it though, I wonder who else is on Levy's hitlist? :)

[TABLE=class: left sortable-onload-2r rowstyle-alt no-arrow tabledata, width: 582]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: team]Fulham[/TD]

[TD]spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: highl]

[TD=class: team]Middlesbrough[/TD]

[TD]spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Check out the pair of bottom-feeders in the form table. Moyes v Moyes :eek:

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

------------------------------

I have just been trying to bait Dom and Jooles out of hiding to make a post or two but doesn't seem to be working so I will try elsewhere.

Anyways back to Liverpool stuff we have Fulham next in the league we haven't suffered defeat against them for a while (last give games have been three wins for us and two draws) Hopefully that continues on Saturday but now that I have mentioned it you never know.

We will be resting a couple of players against Fulham as we have Leeds in the domestic shield the game after and with that being the only trophy we are yet to win I would like us to try and do well in that competition this season. David Silva and Andre Gomes are the two who will sit out the Fulham game as they will be the main focus of the team against Leeds.

44083.jpg

We have brought in Bruno Zucculini for 8 million, decent young player who has seemed a bit lost in the two loans since he signed for City, I do like him and at just 22 yold he has time on his side, I have a feeling he will have a better year this season whether that be at City or our on loan, he will get a few minutes gametime against Fulham before making his debut in the Shield against Leeds.

-------------------

All of the divisions look close this year which is making for an entertaining season, hopefully this will help get some forum banter firing out between rivals as this always amuses me.

Pleased to see a bit of action in here for a change' date=' hope it continues.

Dan, great job on the predictions, always like reading them.

Dave Izod, you old goat! Yeah it'd be great seeing you back in here.

pabzjm, good luck with the side and hope things turn in your favour.

Riece, I think you do deserve a chance at the top flight, but hopefully not at my expense! [/quote']

A lot less of the old and more of the goat please Aton, hope you're well son x

Here is a quick set of previews one from each division again;

Man United-Spurs

Niall takes over his first game at Spurs after his switch from the Hammers, old boss Ben had a decent recent record against United having lost only one of last six encounters. Man United are eight points off the lead so will be looking at the lack of fitness of the Spurs team with a licking of them lips as you can see there will be a few stars playing at around the 50% mark if they are not rested. It would be folly for me to predict anything other than a United win.

Prediction Man United 3 Spurs 1

---------

Tranmere- Man City

You would think the stats for this game would be all Citeh but they are not! Tranmere beat City home and away last season and the season before they drew and won so the head to heads seem to strongly favour Tranmere. Surprisingly Man City are yet to win away this season having drew six and lost the other game but today they take on an unmanaged Tranmere so Gozzy will surely be looking to earn his first away win of the season in this match. If Citeh set tactics to play against unmanaged then they should breeze this but if they take this lightly then it could be another failure away from home.

Prediction Tranmere 1 Man City 1

----------

Plymouth-Wigan

Poor old Plymouth no home wins this season and manager seems to be on garden leave (not signed in for 16 days) they take on recently relegated Wigan who have in form Insigne and Muriel all set to punish them. Yes this should be an easy win for Marcos' troops as they push for promotion back to division two.

Prediction Plymouth 1 Wigan 3

-----------

Dagenham- Shorpe

Dagengam were on a four game unbeaten run before their last game but Mark's troops face a big test here against Shorpe who are looking to put their relegation to this division behind them. Things couldn't be going better for them as they are currently on a nine game unbeaten run. There are only a few places between the sides here as they sit 11th and 7th respectively but given Shorpe's fine recent form I would have to side with them for the win.

Prediction Dagenham 1 Shorpe 3

Don't think I've posted here since taking over Gillingham 6 weeks ago.. But things are finally starting to settle now, and I feel I've already made the team my own.

The club was bleeding money from both home(!) and away games when I took over, so the general idea to start with was to cut some on the wages.

23 players was sacrificed while "only" 15 joined. The list on all IN and OUT would be too long to post, but I think the most Notable IN is probably Butland, Amavi, Cabella and Zukanovic.

14 games into the season we're currently sitting 5th in div.3 which I'm quite satisfied with considering the massive changes I've made in the starting eleven since turn 1.

Reaching a play-off spot this season would be a nice bonus, but our (realistic) goal is too gain promotion to div.2 next season rather then this one.

Tonight will be my 260th game and my final game as Birmingham manager, as I prepare to take over the West Ham manager position.

It has been a roller-coaster ride with Birmingham, but not much of a disappointing time even tho I come close to promotion and never achieved it but big plus side is that I never got relegated.:o

I feel that I have over the seasons taken Birmingham in the right direction and added a hell of a lot of value to the squad. Think it was worth around the £120-130m mark when I took over and now leave it at the value of around £184m. I leave a young squad of the average age of 22 from 50 players...:rolleyes:

I just hope that we can get in the right manager to hopefully take them further...

Anyways more will follow once I take over West Ham officially, in the next 24 hours.

Don't think I've posted here since taking over Gillingham 6 weeks ago.. But things are finally starting to settle now' date=' and I feel I've already made the team my own.

The club was bleeding money from both home(!) and away games when I took over, so the general idea to start with was to cut some on the wages.

23 players was sacrificed while "only" 15 joined. The list on all IN and OUT would be too long to post, but I think the most Notable IN is probably Butland, Amavi, Cabella and Zukanovic.

14 games into the season we're currently sitting 5th in div.3 which I'm quite satisfied with considering the massive changes I've made in the starting eleven since turn 1.

Reaching a play-off spot this season would be a nice bonus, but our (realistic) goal is too gain promotion to div.2 next season rather then this one.[/quote']

Nice work Pat and don't be a stranger in here the thread needs some lovin'.

[uSER=62310]Veigas[/uSER] Congrats on the step up always nice to see committed managers bettering themselves teamwise in the shake ups.

Liverpool draw 1-1 with Fulham in an even game, we went 1-0 down which was worrying but Suarez levelled things up for us. Good game Dom still can't remember the last time you beat me :P.

Liverpool are selling off the two Englishmen in the side due, youngster Gray is surprised and Rooney is shocked!

Jooles got a win, I am thinking of reporting it for match fixing! haha

-----------------------------

So we are more than a third of the way through the season and now approaching the half-way mark How does everyone feel their season is going? Are you doing better, worse or just as you expected, what has been your most memorable event of the season, a Cup win, a Big defeat to your rival, a new signing or something else?

Share your thoughts of the above and/or some information about what is happening at your club or someone else's club( yeah fire some shots we like that in here haha) or you things you expect/project to happen at your club over the coming weeks. Let's get this forum gameworld doing like it says on the tin.

Well for Preston I'm second but how long will that last when the last 3 results have been a 4-0 and 5-1 lost then a 4-4 draw haha. Good season so far but I will probably end up playoffs and lose from there onwards. Preston seems to be going in a direction of a circle ever since I Joined.( I always end up back at the start( no promotion ) :P

Aldershot Town beat Leeds United 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Ayew scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Fernandinho and Herrera were also amongst the goalscorers.

A rare win in a tough season for us, Division 2 newcomers. We're in relegation place, but i'm still confident we will find form at some point and move away to safe waters :)

I'm very happy with my squad and i'm still enjoying this setup a lot. I'm not very active on the forum lately, due to personal life (good reasons :D) and new forum did not help too, but i will try to post from time to time to help to keep this setup the most entertaining around! Cheers fellas.

#LetsgoShots!

So we are more than a third of the way through the season and now approaching the half-way mark How does everyone feel their season is going? Are you doing better' date=' worse or just as you expected, what has been your most memorable event of the season, a Cup win, a Big defeat to your rival, a new signing or something else?

Share your thoughts of the above and/or some information about what is happening at your club or someone else's club( yeah fire some shots we like that in here haha) or you things you expect/project to happen at your club over the coming weeks. Let's get this forum gameworld doing like it says on the tin. [/b']

Carlisle doing ok so far, and so we should be with the team we have, but we may need some more depth in the 70-80 rated area before we can really hope to get promoted....

In other news, Dave Izod returns to the match report area with the kind of well written insanity only he can produce. Well played Mr Izod, well played.

Better, worse or just as expected? Liverpool are doing better than last year which was the aim after last seasons flirt with relegation.

Better than expected? Never! I want perfection haha.

Most memorable event so far this season? Manuel Neuers 10 clean sheets from first 15 games.

The Hahaha moment of the season? Boro.

Carlisle doing ok so far' date=' and so we should be with the team we have, but we may need some more depth in the 70-80 rated area before we can really hope to get promoted....

In other news, Dave Izod returns to the match report area with the kind of well written insanity only he can produce. Well played Mr Izod, well played. [/quote']

True Anth it is always nice to see Fantastic Dave around no matter under which disguise.

Better, worse or just as expected? Better now. Left Dagenham to take up Bristol Rivers. Was doing OK with them, had them mid table last year and was building the squad. Bristol were rock bottom when I took over. Now up to 12th and starting to get a half decent squad together, and trying to get some cash too, there wasn't a lot to play with when I took over.

Most memorable event so far this season? Winning my first game with Bristol, or squeaking a win over Dagenham, my old side.

The Hahaha moment of the season? Hard to laugh at anyone when I was rock bottom for so long....

Better, worse or just as expected? Worse!!! Started the season on fire now we are lingering in the drop zone.

Worse than expected? Yes very much so, I thought we would be challenging at the top but the slump from Gameweek 4 has been bad.

Most memorable event so far this season? Winning 5-2 against Arsenal, Doing ok in both Cups too.

The Hahaha moment of the season? Laughing at myself currently. Poor from Bury so far.

I have just been trying to bait Dom and Jooles out of hiding to make a post or two but doesn't seem to be working so I will try elsewhere.

Anyways back to Liverpool stuff we have Fulham next in the league we haven't suffered defeat against them for a while (last give games have been three wins for us and two draws) Hopefully that continues on Saturday but now that I have mentioned it you never know.

We will be resting a couple of players against Fulham as we have Leeds in the domestic shield the game after and with that being the only trophy we are yet to win I would like us to try and do well in that competition this season. David Silva and Andre Gomes are the two who will sit out the Fulham game as they will be the main focus of the team against Leeds.[/center]

We have brought in Bruno Zucculini for 8 million' date=' decent young player who has seemed a bit lost in the two loans since he signed for City, I do like him and at just 22 yold he has time on his side, I have a feeling he will have a better year this season whether that be at City or our on loan, he will get a few minutes gametime against Fulham before making his debut in the Shield against Leeds.

-------------------

All of the divisions look close this year which is making for an entertaining season, hopefully this will help get some forum banter firing out between rivals as this always amuses me.

[/quote']

For tonight's 3rd round domestic shield game against Leeds we put out an 88 rated side of ;

Neuer

Jung-Ely-Martinez-Mangala

Yedlin-Mensah-Gomes-Zucculini-Silva

Talisca

The top two rated players Gomes & Silva combined to produce the only goal of the game and put us through to the next round and set up an away tie with MK Dons.

[TABLE=class: tabledata, cellpadding: 5, width: 890]

[TR]

[TD=class: center]3'[/TD]

[TD=class: left]André GOMES spots a run by David SILVA and slides a ball between the defenders.

SILVA strikes the ball first time.

spacer.gif GOAL!! - REINA looks on despairingly as the ball hits the back of the net.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Neuer, Silva & Gomes will retain their places for the League game against Ipswich with the rest being replaced by the real first teamers as we go into this tricky game. Bale is still unfit but will be given a late fitness test to see if he can make it.

Well after receiving a text message while lying beside the pool in Cape Verde, I left there as the manager of Division 1 Tottenham after 283 games with West Ham which started off with alot of lows with 2 back to back relegation's but turned around with a promotion and 2 cup wins.

After looking over the squad my first issue was the squad was packed with defenders, I had built West ham to play a counter Attacking system, the players at my disposal were not going to fit that mold so I knew i had move quick in the transfer market, but first was a game against multi title winners Manchester United, the squad was largely unfit so a best of what was there was sent out an a good performance was made and we came away with a 1-1 draw.

That night I received an offer from Liverpool on Gareth Bale, this was accepted on Monday evening in a deal that saw Wayne Rooney and Nicolás Gaitan,

We also received an offer to swap Joe Hart for Hugo Lloris this was again accepted and Hugo has now been named club Captain

After prolonged negotiations with my former club West Ham I was able to secure the services of Douglas Costa Gaël Clichy and Denis Cheryshev.

I suspect there will be a few more deals over the next few days and weeks but hopefully I can do as good as the previous manager!

Evening gents, doubt many will remember me, it's been a while. Looking to get back into a competitive setup and there's no better place than 7046 is there ;).. If any spaces come available I don't mind who it is I'm in!