TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Wise words indeed from the deity taht is Malcom and great to hear Craig is back on the case with the blog, not of course that it was ever in doubt....I'd rep you both but it appears i can't ?, so instead i have gifted you a very large thumb..where you put it is of course your own concern :)

The gameworld is now open again after being down for maintenance but somehow everything has rolled back to Tuesday....Yes that means all Wednesday's games have not been played yet and all transfers that have occurred between Tuesday and now have not happened. Is this just a glitch or will this be fixed.

For us it would be good news, the chance of a mulligan to avenge the 2-1 defeat by Ipswich haha.......More to follow

Then again Dan have you ever seen that film Ground Hog day?

Haha I would imagine it is just a glitch but if it isn't I am amused.

I tried contacting DEV's Bamber & Pete on the forum as they were online but shockingly they have opted not to take private messages. Fat lot of good they are haha. [TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 3]This Game World is temporarily disabled for maintenance.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This is like an episode from Quantum Leap' date=' I wonder where we will end up next :P

It looks like there has been a serious hardware failure at data centre, approximate time of re-opening is 10 AM tomorrow (BST)

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/forum/sm-worlds/soccer-manager-help/general-help-aa/5105528-game-world-maintenance[/url]

Wonder if I'll win Wednesday's match if there's a glitch taking us back in time.

So finally I have you Woz' date=' the very question you have just posed has revealed you as the epicentre of a temporal paradigm which has been haunting me for the last 20 years. Time and time again I have pondered why I got married ?,worked my nuts of to buy a vastly overpriced house.? had 2 kids ? before enjoying numerous affairs before finally getting [/font']divorced?. Now I know it was you all along, as a full seven hours after I left the thread to enjoy alot more than several Nigeria lagers down at my local you once attempt to manipulate the very boundaries of time and space to replay Wedensday nights games......needless to say I am watching you.

Then again a quick flip of a switch on your time shaping device may render this whole conversation irrelevant. :(

EDIT: I wish this bloody spellchnker would wok..

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

MILLWALL LATEST

Millwall should be ready for our next match at home to Sheffield Wednesday.

We lost to QPR last match which was down to us having too many NMF players after a CUP match and had to use our youth.

That result was disappointing after working hard to get up the league to 3rd spot. Great results against the top sides helped us get a decent run going. We are "work in progress" as we try to release older players for a younger squad. A "squad" that will have depth so we can cover NMF and be able to rest players etc.

Maybe being too ambitious but we are aiming for automatic promotion which means finishing 2nd.

However, I would settle for a play-off spot and hope to earn a place in D3.

We have been helped greatly by the performances by KLOSE, his scoring rate has been first class for us and we hope he will continue to find the net in the coming matches.

does seem some worlds are running in the background, others got rolled back, must mean some managers will hit the 30 day limit and get booted, others maybe can't enter holiday mode. + not realy the time for this to happen , specially with the forum just starting to get going again.

I know exactly what you mean Dave. I too have had the marriage and overpriced house and ended up with neither. If only I could go back in time..............

Never mind Woz mate..:(...you will learn to love again ( Chunders LOUDLY !!!)

Good Morning all' date=' and welcome to the 7046 Divorce thread....[/size']
....:P

Anyone worked out how to do Multi-quotes yet? and when they say a while Tony did they indicate how long?, I've barely looked at the squad let alone set any formations etc?

I think they are struggling to put things back as they were when the maintenance began yesterday... If matches say from Wednesday have been replayed and transfers cancelled / not done, people are going to be unhappy. In 7777 I think I played a playoff match with the 2nd eleven still in place...as I couldn't change it.

I think they are struggling to put things back as they were when the maintenance began yesterday... If matches say from Wednesday have been replayed and transfers cancelled / not done' date=' people are going to be unhappy. In 7777 I think I played a playoff match with the 2nd eleven still in place...as I couldn't change it.[/quote']

All setups having maintenance done will be the same - ie we can't log in to alter teams etc

Hi , however if the game was rolled back at one point, which people suggest it was, my team would be wrong , where as the other manager who knew 2 /3 games ago he was in the playoffs would be at a huge advantages and I have almost certainly lost. Hopefully the Friday fixtures haven't been played as it is pretty much 5 years work down the drain in EC7777 if I've been eliminated for that reason.

Yeah everything was rolled back to Tuesday, the newsfeed had all Tuesday's news on it, the Wednesday's games hadn't been played, transfers that happened after Tuesday such as Ibai Gomez to Millwall hadn't went through and new players that had been added like Dan Crowley didn't even have a name when I clicked on him he was just called free agent so his transfer hadn't went through to Rochdale either.

With the server database error taking this long to fix, In my opinion I am unsure if they will be able to get the rollback reversed. I hope they do manage to get things back up to date though even though we did lose against Ipswich on Wednesday.

According to SM tonight's games won't be played tonight so they will no doubt be postponed until tomorrow, I guess it is just a waiting game to see what damage is done when the gameworld returns from maintenance.

Rumour has it that Jooles Dawson is behind the disruption as he is trying to rollback the gameworld to season seven when his team was competitive and young(er).

This is all far too confusing for me and to be honest Dan all your talk of paradoxes in't really helping. I must admit I'm gutted theres no game tonight, I wanted to do a M/R and introduce you all to my latest dance troupe the Phukettes...still at least i get to spend an hour or so to looking at my squad....something tells me i will conclude its crap :)