TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

After waiting 5 years to get there man after choosing to sign Pique instead at the start of the set-up' date=' Manchester United this morning after his medical will unveil Sergio Busquets as the latest addition to the 5 times Champions 1st team squad[/quote']

Nice pick up champ.

Liverpool suffer back to back defeats as they go down 3-2 to MK Dons, great game but dissapointed not to take something from it.

Good game buddy.

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

Disappointing performance from MILLWALL at home to Sheffield Wednesday but decent point (0-0) against a good side.

We stay 4th and narrow the gap at the top to only 3 points due to SOTON losing.

An 8000+ crowd is good to see as our average attendance rose to 7,091 from 6,000 odd. We need to keep the results coming to keep the attendance up there which brings in more finance.

MATI FERNANDEZ out injured to 3 weeks - could be movement there - watch this space.

Notts County are on a great little run. Following the win at home to QPR we've now won 3 out of 3! Notable performers in these matches has been Kramaric, a 17 year old from Slovenia, who has scored 3 in the last 2 games. Ruben Neves is still on fire which gives the team a real boost. Fernandez is also making the difference at the heart of the defense.

Still could do with a proven goalscorer. Wickham has failed to score in 6 appearances which just wont do.

The run has brought us off the foot of the whole set-up... No wooden spoon for us! :P

Blackburn Rovers 3-1 Plymouth Argyle

Extending our club record unbeaten record to 15 games (note: I love saying record clearly). Lead Division 3 by 6 points. One more game to go and then we are at the halfway point of the season. So just need to repeat this form in the second half of the season and all will be well with the world.

Well done Gonzo, nice run of form.

Muller is off to Carlisle and in comes Benzema & Jovetic in exchange.

Liverpool are struggling on a poor run, we managed a 2-2 draw with Charlton though which is better than the 6-1 record defeat we received the last time we met them.

Still in second place but the pack is closing in.

After 161 games of on-off management I'm finally resigning from Plymouth. Since I took the job I have graduated from Uni, qualified as a Pharmacist and have a new job in Manchester which takes up a lot of time. I have left them in decent shape, with some money to work with and some decent players if not a lot of squad depth. Hope somebody picks them up who has more time than me to work with them.

After 161 games of on-off management I'm finally resigning from Plymouth. Since I took the job I have graduated from Uni' date=' qualified as a Pharmacist and have a new job in Manchester which takes up a lot of time. I have left them in decent shape, with some money to work with and some decent players if not a lot of squad depth. Hope somebody picks them up who has more time than me to work with them.[/quote']

good luck with your new job, buddy

I'm not in this GW but have just finished University and looking to get back into this a bit. After witnessing the dire state of the game, I've decided I only really want to join competitive forum worlds such as this one. If there is a vacancy I would be very grateful if someone could give me a heads up...

Username: harris

After 161 games of on-off management I'm finally resigning from Plymouth. Since I took the job I have graduated from Uni' date=' qualified as a Pharmacist and have a new job in Manchester which takes up a lot of time. I have left them in decent shape, with some money to work with and some decent players if not a lot of squad depth. Hope somebody picks them up who has more time than me to work with them.[/quote']

Good luck with your new job buddy.

Liverpool end their winless four game run with a 2-0 win over Stoke. Benzema played his first match for us but failed to score, Suarez and Martinez were the scorers.

Still in second place four points behind leaders Sheffield which at the half-way stage of the season is okay with me.

lol @ Boro!

We have put out an 88 av rated side for the MK Dons shield game, Jovetic gets his chance up front.

After a dismal start to our season Northampton have come good of late to edge up the table and into 2nd spot in Div 2.

Our shoddy away form has improved since we put out a more attacking formation when travelling which has also seen us start to score a lot more. We got to playoffs last season and looking to go one better this time around.

We've had horrendous injury problems all season which has seen fringe players like Di Santo and Arnold play more regularly and they've done well.

Di Santo was the last signing I made before going horribly into debt and I have big hopes that he can still reach 90.

Next up we play Div 1 Derby in the Shield. Whilst promotion from Div 2 is the priority ahead of the Shield, we're in the last 16 and I have to play to win it (and put out my best XI).

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

ENGLISH SHIELD

This competition has been a rollercoaster this season - what a journey.......so far

ROUND 1 - BYE

.................................................. ....

ROUND 2

DIV-2 MANCHESTER CITY 2 MILLWALL 3 DIV-4

.................................................. .............................

ROUND 3

DIV-4 MILLWALL 1 PRESTON 1 DIV-2 (Millwall win 4-3 pens)

.................................................. ............................................

ROUND 4

DIV-3 COLCHESTER 1 MILLWALL 1 (Millwall win 5-3 pens)

.................................................. .................................................. .........

Great response from our players who are punching above their weight.

QUARTER-FINAL

MILLWALL v HUDDERSFIELD DIV-1

This could be a bridge too far but we hope to add players to give this all we've got to get to a semi-final and keep our league promotion challenge going too.