TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

After a really bad run in july for Gillingham where we failed to win a single match in 6 games, and where we dropped out from the play off spots and got knocked out in the third round of the shield cup.

Things are finally looking better again with a back to back win which means we're back in the race for promotion.

Not too shabby for a club that should be expected to fight in the other end of the table based on the squad value compared to the rest.

Other then that we continue to be active in the market and recently picked up new Ajax LB Mitchell Dijks, promising swedish talent Simon Thern and simply a riser in Rodicยด.

We're still looking to add a striker to our ranks, preferably around the rating of 86-88. We've managed to bulk up some cash from recent sales, so the fee isn't of great concern. But due to going back even when playing at home I've become pretty selective regarding who I bring in. But if you think you have someone that might fit the bill just drop me a line and we'll go from there.

Well game number 600 never went so well. Twice we went in front firstly through the genius that is David Silva and then again through the buck-toothed super hero Luis Suarez but Derby were not to be denied as they first leveled through Thauvin and again through Jiminez to take a share of the spoils.

I guess it is not so bad as leaders United failed to win so we still sit in second place four points off the pace.

My Aldershot is now on safe waters in Division 3, after 4 wins and 1 draw in the past 5 matches! Unfortunately our good run was broken last night by a good Preston team, credit to Riece, he prepared this important match very well. Hopefully we can return to winning ways next match, causing a small stepback to current leaders and main contender for promotion Carlisle!

In the transfer front, i would like to get some activity, i'm now selling Hector Herrera (90) for a good player exchange offer, Moussa Sow (90) for a good cash offer, and i'm willing to listen offers for all my players. Good game everyone, cheers!

Also, Alex Sandro moving to Juventus in real life is very good news for us!

Good game everyone, cheers!

Nice. Take that Chelsea. Boro's back B)

Nice to see you around and getting a win Jooles :)

----------------------------------------------------

Liverpool have been at the negotiating table over the last few days:

Cotan>Wednesday 1.7M

Jung>Stoke 9M

Carvalho>Charlton 300k.

Paulinho>External 339k.

We have agreed a deal to bring in Adrian Rabiot in exchange for Weigl, Rafa & 3 Million.

So that means 21 yold Tufan (85) now steps up to be our second choice rb under Alves(92).

Rabiot will join up as a cup player and a future first team prospect.

I am pleased to bring in Rabiot as he looks to have decent potential.

Recent acquisition Bruno Zuculini is now surplus to requirements and we have agreed a fee of 5 million to sell him to Gillingham when his transfer ban comes off next month.

A nice 1-0 win over Swindon courtesy Benzema's first goal for the club moves us to within a point of leaders Sheffield United, Tufan who was promoted to the first team after Jung left for Stoke played his first game for the club and cashed in an assist.

Manuel Neuer keeps his twelfth clean sheet in the league from twenty-one games, what a rock he is! #legend

It is nice to look across all four divisions at this stage of the season and see that every division title is still there to be won with three points being the biggest gap.

A nice 1-0 win over Swindon courtesy Benzema's first goal for the club moves us to within a point of leaders Sheffield United' date=' Tufan who was promoted to the first team after Jung left for Stoke played his first game for the club and cashed in an assist.

Manuel Neuer keeps his twelfth clean sheet in the league from twenty-one games, what a rock he is! #legend

It is nice to look across all four divisions at this stage of the season and see that every division title is still there to be won with three points being the biggest gap.[/quote']

Funny enough, Muller also bags his first goal tonight as we take a narrow win over Aldershot (unlucky Andre). As Dan has said, still very tight at the top.

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

BRENTFORD 0 MILLWALL 1

Another great away win against an opponent that we'd never won against before now. We played well, It was 0-0 at HT so I brought on FERDINAND and GOMEZ and changed to a 4-3-2-1 formation - both players did great with Ferdy getting MOM.

This result puts us in 2nd spot (top 3 clubs level on points)

OCAMPOS scored our late winner.

Theres an exciting new signing to announce at Meadow Lane in the next few days. :D On top of this we're one of the in-form teams in the division despite being in the lower echelons! I didn't receive any cash injections from the chairman, which must mean im doing something right!

I'd like to point out here first that there will be a few of my youth players coming available. These may include the likes of Maitland-Niles for cash... depends if I can get enough prior to manufacture the move for the new signing!

With two losses on the trot, Gillingham are struggling to find the early season form. This time the losses came against Yeovil Town and Doncaster Rovers-

But things aren't as dire off the field as they are on it. With several new exciting players having joined the club the last couple of days, and with another striker on the way too(!).

Since the sale of Matias Suarez it's been clear that Koka and Vydra aren't ready to lead the front line.

And to sort out our lack of proper options upfront we once again turned to the market, and it didn't take long before we managed to seal a deal over Claudio Beauvue who joined from Nottingham Forest, Mattia Destro then joined aswell, with Camarasa and Vezo heading to Portsmouth.

To cover up for the departing players we brought in Marco Andreolli from Inter and Zuculini who will arrive in october when his transfer ban is up.

But as everyone probably knows by now, things never seem to settle at Gillingham who earlier today confirmed they were in advanced talks regarding forward Alberto Bueno from Ipswich Town, who is expected to arrive later tonight. Hopefully he'll be a hit as we're sacrificing Kiyotake to fund the deal...

And as if this wasn't enough to help us push back to a playoff spot, Funes Mori recently rose to 87, and in-form striker Jonathan Calleri recieved a +3 to 86.

So despite our poor form, things are looking pretty good after all.

With two losses on the trot, Gillingham are struggling to find the early season form. This time the losses came against Yeovil Town and Doncaster Rovers-

But things aren't as dire off the field as they are on it. With several new exciting players having joined the club the last couple of days, and with another striker on the way too(!).

Since the sale of Matias Suarez it's been clear that Koka and Vydra aren't ready to lead the front line.

And to sort out our lack of proper options upfront we once again turned to the market, and it didn't take long before we managed to seal a deal over Claudio Beauvue who joined from Nottingham Forest, Mattia Destro then joined aswell, with Camarasa and Vezo heading to Portsmouth.

To cover up for the departing players we brought in Marco Andreolli from Inter and Zuculini who will arrive in october when his transfer ban is up.

But as everyone probably knows by now, things never seem to settle at Gillingham who earlier today confirmed they were in advanced talks regarding forward Alberto Bueno from Ipswich Town, who is expected to arrive later tonight. Hopefully he'll be a hit as we're sacrificing Kiyotake to fund the deal...

And as if this wasn't enough to help us push back to a playoff spot, Funes Mori recently rose to 87, and in-form striker Jonathan Calleri recieved a +3 to 86.

So despite our poor form, things are looking pretty good after all.

I am loving watching you shaping the squad Pat, things are looking good you just need to get the results now. :P

I am loving watching you shaping the squad Pat' date=' things are looking good you just need to get the results now. :P[/quote']

Thanks :) Really enjoying this little project. Future should be bright if only I could improve my managerial skills regarding tactics aswell lol

Anyway, another signing has been made. Riccardo Saponara comes in from Aldershot Town for 7M. He's been brought in to rotate with Cabella as CAM.

Funny enough' date=' Muller also bags his first goal tonight as we take a narrow win over Aldershot (unlucky Andre). As Dan has said, still very tight at the top. [/quote']

Good game mate, we put in a good fight, but your team has some world class players and are in great form, which made the difference. Gratz on the win and best of luck for the season.

Thanks :) Really enjoying this little project. Future should be bright if only I could improve my managerial skills regarding tactics aswell lol

Anyway' date=' another signing has been made. Riccardo Saponara comes in from Aldershot Town for 7M. He's been brought in to rotate with Cabella as CAM.[/quote']

I hope Saponara does great for you mate, his rating should rise this season. I think you're doing a nice job at Gillingham, keep it going! Cheers.

Aldershot sold Ricardo Saponara to Gillingham for 7M in order to clear all our debt. Small team's life! :rolleyes: I'm happy with it. I'm delighted with my squad, we improved a lot in the past few seasons. Now we have 1 92 rated player, 6 90 rated players and 4 89 rated players! That is awesome, but our wage bill (654,945) is very high for our low receipts, even with us being a successfull team and got a stadium increase at the start of this season! But it's a great challenge to continuously improve the team and keep the finances ok at the same type! I'm enjoying it and i believe i'm doing it well. #Let'sgoShots!

Crept up to 12th now with Bristol Rovers after being stone motherless last when I took them over.

Have a tiny amount of cash that I'm going to have to keep increasing with sales, as I'm struggling to cover costs.

Player wages of 480,735 right now, so will need to prune that a little bit. Some guys have been brought in purely to resell on ASAP though.

Northampton's Div 2 season has been a roller coaster thus far.

Our form has been decent recently - but we started the season horriblly and really struggled for goals for a long time. Once we started to win a couple SMFA intervened by crocking most of our star players on a regular basis. Worst hit are our strikers - Benteke just returned from 3 weeks out and was immediately crocked for a further 3 weeks in his comeback game. I've not seen that happen before in 7 years of playing the game.

A tough run coming up with a Quarter Final Shield match up at Div 1 Bolton taking place 2 days before we face Carlisle, the league leaders and hot favourites for the Div 2 title. We've beaten Div 1 opposition in the previous round, but away at Bolton is a much sterner proposition than Derby at home, whom we trounced convincingly .

I think promotion to Div 1 has to be our priority, so I guess Bolton fans are in for an easy match and can book their semi final tickets now. With so much talent sidelined we haven't got the squad to mount a challenge on both fronts.

Since I'm a little bored, here's an update on every player I've bought this season:

1. Parigini - Bought for 2.0, sold as part of package to bring in Narsingh.
  2. Philipp Malicsek - Rising star in Austrian Bundesliga, getting minutes with first team. Should be +5 by December.
  3. Krotov - Sold for 340k profit
  4. Ablaye Mbengue - Senegalese Striker signed from Senegal to play in Russia, started off with a bang last season but struggling this season.
  5. Mauricio Lemos - Taken on loan by Rubin Kazan and given good minutes, but Rubin in terrible form currently.
  6. Edoardo Goldaniga - Promising CB brought in from Juve by Palermo, not starting yet but with Palermo playing with 3 CBs shouldn't take him too long to get minutes.
  7. Jemerson - One of the best CBs in Brazil, has not missed a minute in league since Game 1. With the season Miniero are having, +3 is not out of question.
  8. Mehmet Topal - Preseason signing from Norwich for depth in midfield and defense. He's no Felipe Melo in his prime, but he gets the job done.
  9. Bence Mervo - Sold for 65k loss. Performed well at U20 World Cup, but has not been played by his new team in Hungary as of yet. Recently promoted to U21 Hungary team.
  10. Maycon Nikao - Cooled off since his hot start to the season, but still a central player for Paranaese. Just needs to hit a few more goals to get European clubs interested.
  11. Jhon Murillo - Just starting season in Portugal, recently acquired by Benfica from Venezuela then sent on loan.
  12. Franck Ribery - Recovering from injury IRL and injured in the game. Hasn't set the league alight with 1 goal and 2 assists in 13 appearances, but definitely has helped solidify the team.
  13. ***** Carrillo - Getting a decent amount of playing time for Monaco.
  14. Sebastian Lleget - One of the breakout stars of the MLS season, and one of the reasons LA Galaxy have not missed Donovan at all this season. Great team player + individual talent. 7 goals, 2 assists.
  15. Thomas McNamara - Signed from disbanded Chivas USA, McNamara has been a decent player for NYCFC, contributing 5 goals and 3 assists.
  16. Anatole Abang - Strong, young striker brought over to NYRB from Cameroon. Has gotten limited PT due to New York's crowded midfield, but has nine goals in all comps.
  17. Steeven Ribery - Just recovered from injury to play in BM II's most recent game, assisting the winning goal. Not clear what the future holds for Ribery's younger brother, tho he is clearly talented.
  18. Michael Cain- Coming off a strong season with Walsall in League 1, Cain does not yet have a role with Leicester in the new EPL season. With Leicester signing two new defensive/central midfielders this summer, Cain may have to move elsewhere to find PT.
  19. Lucas Torreira - On loan at Pescara from Sampdoria, likely to be regular first team member when season starts.
  20. Ignacio Maganto - Talented young LA Galaxy player on the way up. Broke into first team this season and should get more opportunities moving forward.
  21. Rafael Ramos - RB brought in by Orlando City SC from Benfica. Very pacey but can be poor on defense. Getting PT tho so can keep rising if Orlando City's defense improves.
  22. Joao Paulo - Young CF promoted to first team by Sao Paolo, likely will get some playing time this season but won't have break out till next season.
  23. Marko Pejic - Young LB for Hadjik Split getting regular PT.
  24. Mykola Shaparenko - Talented Dynamo Kyiv youth product who made his UPL debut at the age of 16 and scored in his second match, but has not seen playing time this season and will probably have to wait a season or two to have a place in Dynamo Kyiv's first team.
  25. Juninho Bacuna - One of FC Groningen's best youth products in recent years who should to see regular PT this season. Brother to Aston Villa's Bacuna.
  26. Rey Manaj - Recently signed by Inter Milan on loan.
  27. Edimilson Fernandes - Move to Lyon looks unlikely, but he can still do a lot for FC Sion in the Swiss league.
  28. Ola Aina - Chelsea prospect, unclear what this season holds for him.
  29. Moreas Jorge - Regular LB for Flamengo in Brazilian Serie A.
  30. Pedro Rocha - Young RW playing well for Gremio in Brazilian Serie A. Definitely due for +4 or more in next review.
  31. Luis Henrique - Young striker playing for Botafogo in Serie B. 3 goals in 10 games, room for growth.
  32. Moha El Ouriachi - Barca youth product signed by Stokelona this summer.
  33. Lawrence Ati-Zigi - Keeper for FC Liefering and often backup for RB Salzburg. Seems to be rated highly by staff of both clubs and could eventually take over as number 1 for RB Salzburg if he continues to improve.
  34. Amadou Dia - Hard working RB who has earned regular playing time for Sporting KC this season.
  35. Ryan Nyambe - Highly rated Blackburn youth product who could get some PT with Blackburn's first team this season.
  36. Hee-Chan Hwang - One of FC Liefering's best youth players at the moment. Could move up to RB Salzburg if season goes well.
  37. Santos Jefferson - Brazilian DM getting regular PT for Hadjuk Split.
  38. Luciano Narsingh - With Depay gone, this season is Narsingh's chance to show that he's a real star. Off to a decent start thus far.
  39. Kwadwo Poku - Very similar to Thomas McNamara, but arguably more explosive and could keep Lampard out of the team. Currently on 4 goals, 6 assists.
  40. Farshad Noor - PSV youth product getting regular PT at Roda JC.
  41. Oussama Tannane - Had to spend 5.3 mil to sign him, but after 4 goals last weekend, he could be Eredivisie's breakout star this season.
  42. Daniel Hoegh - Newly signed CB at FC Basel playing 90 min regularly in all competitions.
  43. Marvin Schulz - Monchengladbach haven't gotten off to a good start, but Schulz has played in all of their matches and will be a locked in riser if he can keep their spot as they improve their overall play.

I hope Saponara does great for you mate' date=' his rating should rise this season. I think you're doing a nice job at Gillingham, keep it going! Cheers.[/quote']

Thanks mate ;)

Yeah based on his qualities I'm confident he hasn't peaked. But he's already the highest rated at Empoli, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Might need a move to rise further, which is fine, he was bought as a long term investment and because I like him :)

Anyway, playing Colchester United tonight. And just like us, they're lurking behind the teams battling for the play off spots.