TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

73349.jpg

Liverpool have agreed a deal to bring in young defensive centre Srdjan Babic for 4.5M from Notts County' date=' I like him as a player and hopefully he will get a few games in La Liga to show his worth, we have overpayed but nice prospect.[/b']

Have to say thanks Dan. Helped me fund the acquisition of this guy:

1909628.jpg

Francis Coquelin falls down the divisions to join the Notts County project!

Im aware how inflated BPL players go for which makes the buy a little sweeter. Not to mention Arsenal is my home team atm :P.

Coquelin will be joining Niguez Saul in the centre of the park which fundamentally makes it one of the strongest midfield partnerships i've had at County.. Even compared to when we were in division 2!

We're probably a little short in defense of those who can step up to the first team. Might have to fork out a bit to find a replacement for Babic.

Gillingham vs Colchester United 2-1

Changed things up for tonights game. Removed all who had performed poorly this season, and replaced them with the in-form ones (regardless of rating) and changed the tactics so a slightly more defensive one. Not sure if that's what gave us the win, but as long as we get 3 points it doesn't really matter.

Also great to see Destro scoring his first goal for us, and even better when it was the deciding 2-1 goal in 81st minute after a nice combination with another new signing in Beauvue.

With this win, we move up to 8th place only 1 point behind a playoff spot.

Have to say thanks Dan. Helped me fund the acquisition of this guy:

1909628.jpg

Francis Coquelin falls down the divisions to join the Notts County project!

Im aware how inflated BPL players go for which makes the buy a little sweeter. Not to mention Arsenal is my home team atm :P.

Coquelin will be joining Niguez Saul in the centre of the park which fundamentally makes it one of the strongest midfield partnerships i've had at County.. Even compared to when we were in division 2!

We're probably a little short in defense of those who can step up to the first team. Might have to fork out a bit to find a replacement for Babic.

Good deal for both teams. LMK if you'd like to take Daniel Hoegh on loan. Amazingly my chairman will let him go and he's due to rise +2 or +3 by Nov-December I would say.

Liverpool had a night to forget!

Humped 3-0 by West Brom and Martinez and De Rossi out for 2 and 3 weeks joining Mangala & Gonalons on the injury list, Castan got himself suspended as well.

Big game next against Sunderland as we look to try and mount some sort of title challenge.

Good game David and deserved three points for you.

Liverpool's form is shocking at the minute, we have had a few injuries so maybe that is the cause but whatever it is really is frustrating me.

A 2-1 defeat to Sunderland leaves us floundering but we are still only four points off the pace so hopefully we can get back on a winning run.

Man United, Everton & Sheffield United are up next in a few big games that may or may not decide our season.

MILLWALL had a fine result which put us top of Division 4 but it was tarnished by our FOUR injuries - one of which put D'Ambrosio out for rest of the season.

Our next match is the cup quarters against Div-1 HUDDERSFIELD - we will reshuffle and try give them a decent challenge but our main concern is keeping the squad on form in the league.

Tottenham Hotspur outclassed Middlesbrough and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Di María had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Kane and Mkhitaryan were amongst the goalscorers.

Nice win for us, Di Maria finally made his debut after suspension and put in a staring performance, Pretty happy with the signings ive managed to get in, no hopefully can start getting the results with players returning from injury and suspensions.

Div 2 - CARLISLE 1 NORTHAMPTON 5

Our best result of the season!

Carlisle have led this division all year and had only conceded 4 goals at home before tonight. We got a big helping hand when they had a red card with the score at 1-1, but ran away with it and restricted our opponents to just 2 shots on target.

We play 3rd and 4th placed teams next in the toughest run of matches we could have been given.

Arsenal%20logo_zpskrdbknzn.jpg

After two consecutive draws against top six teams, I wanted to give an update on our progress at Arsenal.

The Gunners are currently sitting in 6th place after a little over half the season but I've made progress on rebuilding the squad from the roots up. After failed attempts to get Pirlo and De Jong from external teams, I decided to opt for more investment on youth as I did when I previously managed Chesterfield.

With a focus on value in the transfer market, we managed to get Algerian striker Islam Slimani, Jack Cork and Jonathas (not world beaters but they will bolster on what we already have i.e. Adam Szalai and Brown Ideye) and young players with solid playing time including Didier N'Dong, Joris Van Overeem and Frederic Guilbert. Things are looking up at the Emirates.

Wycombe Wanderers announce their new manager, Rahul W. The chairman was keen on bringing in a youthful manager to the helm and saw no better than Rahul. We hope he will do Wycombe proud and bring the club success.

All players are available as we try to get rid of the debt and the older players and regenerate a squad which can be in the running for promotion this season.

Looking forward to the challenge and hopefully a long stay!

Welcome in Rahul.

Liverpool are struggling with three defeats on the bounce most recent the 2-1 to Man United. I thought when we went 1-0 up things were going to change but Man United turned it around.

Bale (injured) and Godin(suspended) miss the Everton game along with missing duo De Rossi(injured) & Javi Martinez (injured) but we welcome back Alves & Mangala.

Wycombe Wanderers announce their new manager' date=' Rahul W. The chairman was keen on bringing in a youthful manager to the helm and saw no better than Rahul. We hope he will do Wycombe proud and bring the club success.

All players are available as we try to get rid of the debt and the older players and regenerate a squad which can be in the running for promotion this season.

[/quote']

Welcome Rahul... an excellent addition :)

Wycombe Wanderers announce their new manager' date=' Rahul W. The chairman was keen on bringing in a youthful manager to the helm and saw no better than Rahul. We hope he will do Wycombe proud and bring the club success.

[/quote']

btw, welcome to 7046 but take it easy to settle in.....

coz you play Millwall next :D

Tottenham Hotspur outclassed Middlesbrough and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Di María had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Kane and Mkhitaryan were amongst the goalscorers.

Nice win for us' date=' Di Maria finally made his debut after suspension and put in a staring performance, Pretty happy with the signings ive managed to get in, no hopefully can start getting the results with players returning from injury and suspensions.[/font']

Wait. Ben has gone?!

Cracka!

------

Liverpool humped by neighbours Everton is what is a fourth defeat on the bounce' date=' all chances of a title are now up in smoke.

[/quote']

Ah man, its really not going your way lately is it!

Carlisle narrowly beat Villa to stay top on goal difference, unlucky John.