TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Liverpool end the bad run of four defeats in a row by trouncing top of the table Sheffield United 4-0, we need a winning run as the form previous has been chit.

Yedlin & esgaio are both off to Palace for cash. A pre-arranged deal for Bale has been announce with Alexis Sanchez & Baba coming in with Bale and young prospect Vadala heading to Sunderland.

Liverpool draw 1-1 with Forest in a nasty game which saw 4 Liverpool players injured; Benzema, Bale, Rabiot & David Silva.

The loss of this quartet could maybe end Liverpool's hopes of winning the title.

Liverpool have pre-arranged a deal to sell Gareth Bale to Sunderland, he will leave along with Vadala for Alexix Sanchez & Abdul Rahman Baba, the deal will be concluded in early October.

Liverpool are also in the middle of a deal to bring in Alex Witsel. Bongonda, Castan & £3M is the fee.

Rumours are circulating that Andre Gomes is to be involve in a straight trade for a young exciting talent but Liverpool press officers are not releasing any details of the proposed move as of yet.

Youngster Felicioli is off to Rotherham for $750k.

Bury are still willing to sell but we haven't had the offer yet that makes me go... yeah I will take that.

Maybe I am looking for too much but most the offers I have received seem to favour the other club more.

Always seems the case mate.

Liverpool have sold Di Molfetta to Rotherham for the same £750k fee as Felicio the other day' date=' hope the pair of AC kids come good for you buddy.

Liverpool wave goodbye to Andre Gomes who we signed as an 84 rated player a year and a half ago, in comes young winger Memphis Depay in a straight swap.Muto leaves for Derby in a £4 million deal.

We have been ever so busy in the transfer market this season, I think that is over 20 internal deals by now.

Pozo, Bicho, Trippichio & Wallace(4 days tb) are available for cash and Strandberg can leave as well as we clear the decks a bit. make bids if interested.

-----------------------

Here is a sneak peak at what the Liverpool first team will be made up of when deal( Sanchez & Baba) are finalized in a couple of weeks:

1335260_Liverpool.jpg

Massively different looking pool of first team players to what we had a year or so ago.

Better? We will see if they can deliver before that question is answered. :)

I've made several new deals at Gillingham since my last post.

Yacine Brahimi and Yannick Ferreira Carrasco came in from Sunderland, André Wisdom from Manchester City and finally Lucas Alario from River Plate.

We're still open to offers on pretty much all players, as I'm hoping to get done as many deals as possible this season. I want the team ready for a title challenge in div.3 next season and won't be looking to make many deals then.

Butland

Manquillo Wisdom Andreolli Zukanovic

Zuculini Saponara

Carrasco Cabella Brahimi

Destro

Reserves:

Butland

Kaderabek - Mechele Dijks

Akpa Akpro

Bueno T.Carroll G.Martinez L.Augustinsson

Beauvue Calleri

Things are shaping up nicely. Out of these 21, the only players that hasn't been signed by myself is Mechele, Akpa, Carroll, Martinez and Calleri. The rest has been brought in since June earlier this year.

Going into the Shield knockout round against Malaga I decided to drop a few stars and give some fringe players a runout. We went down to ten men as soon to be Gillingham player Zucculini got his marching orders. It was an exciting game with us running out 3-2 winners with a late Guilavogui strike. I would have preferred a bigger lead going into the home second leg but you can't really grumble when you score three away goals in Europe.

A bit of a novice mistake saw me forget to change the line-up back to the first team for the game against Chelsea. Both teams had a man sent off, Chelsea opened the scoring through Neymar and we equalized through Zucculini, we did enough to win the match but Peter Cech was in sparkling form and kept the game even.

A nice bonus +2 85-87 for Ozan Tufan who is out on loan at Millwall.

Ten games to go we are eight points off the lead and we don't really look like title challengers but hopefully we can mount a late charge for a Champions League slot at the least. We have my old club Huddersfield next and we go into the game missing Bale, Silva, Benzema & Fischer. Witsel & Depay will make their debuts.

Long overdue win over WBA ends our six-game winless streak. A number of very harsh results in that run, but what're you going to do. Maybe next season SM's new game engine will be introduced and we'll get some instructions on how to score more goals. Or maybe I just need to upgrade on my strikeforce of Musa, Salah & Soldado. Or maybe SM need to get it together and give them all +1s that are way, way overdue. Who knows.

Satisfied with where the club is at as we wind down the season. Arrivals of Narsingh and Johnson bring good depth to defense and wings, and Narsingh may get a +1 soon if he keeps up his performances. Also a good number of risers who look like they could go on to become quality players: Boufal, Hoegh, Rocha, Schobesberger, Tannane, etc. All those mentioned are available for loan btw, and will be available for loan next season unless they rise before then.

Also, Maganto, McNamara and Cain are all going to external as I look to bring my squad size down to 60 or 70 players. All will continue to rise. If interested, put a bid in.

We shuffled out another trio of players to external which brings us closer to the 50 player mark where I want to be at the end of the season, Chelsea loanee Wallace is the next to be transfer listed, just 21 and 82 rated he can go for a small cash amount.

On the match front we lost again this time to Huddersfield, it was a hard fought game and we ended up on the losing side by a goal margin.

Fitness and injuries mean we go into the second leg shield match against Malaga missing Godin(94), Suarez(95), Guilavogui(89), De Rossi(93), Bale(94), Silva (94) & Benzema (94) so we are left a bit short especially up front, hopefully the 3-2 away leg result will be enough of a lead to get us through this.

Nearly finished with my first rotation of Notts County transfers. Despite some people saying that it would be a challenge, it hasn't seemed that way.. Most forumers bit my arm off at the chance of having some decent youngsters.

So I made use of this and bought in what I believe are young players that are still not completely established though can at least compete in the league. We're 7th in the league in terms of form from the last 6 games and hopefully as the season draws to a close we can get a mid-table finish.

Nearly finished with my first rotation of Notts County transfers. Despite some people saying that it would be a challenge' date=' it hasn't seemed that way.. Most forumers bit my arm off at the chance of having some decent youngsters.

So I made use of this and bought in what I believe are young players that are still not completely established though can at least compete in the league. We're 7th in the league in terms of form from the last 6 games and hopefully as the season draws to a close we can get a mid-table finish.

[/quote']

I think 7046's love for young players with talent has definitely worked in your favor, but you've also done an excellent job with the deals. Notts County's squad looks majorly improved on where it was when you took over; not sure I could've turned it around as well as you did.

In other news, it seems as tho Jooles will finally have to face Division 2 life once more...7 points and -15 GD seems like an insurmountable mountain to climb with 5 games to go.

A defeat for us 3-2 to Bolton has our top four hopes hanging by a thread.

Next up is Sunderland in the Europa Shield quarters, we are 2-1 down from the first leg.

Bale is off to Sunderland and in comes Alexis Sanchez & Baba which will give us a cover left back.

And Boro haha D2 is screaming on you!!!

Too true' date=' a real shame

[/quote']

Yeah been thinking about this over the last week or so, I also just can't find the motivation for the forum any more, which genuinly (and i can't even correct the mis-spelling of 'genuinly' because the right click feature doesn't work when you quote) makes me a little bit sad considering some of the characters we have in 7046, a fair few of whom I'd call friends. At least the news feed is alive and well, but its not the same.

In other news, Richard are ever going to remove all of your players from 'unavailable' so i can put some offers in?

Honestly, at this point I don't find the new forum to be all that bad. Yes, it's more of a hassle than it used to be, but I think the biggest problem is that some of the liveliest characters in 7046 have gone missing. I used to always check in here for the banter from Jooles, Dom, SoP, or even Infernito when he was in the setup. Those guys never post here anymore so the thread isn't as exciting anymore.

I need to pick more fights...maybe I'll start watching Carlisle's transfer activity again and bid on all their targets at the last second :P

Honestly' date=' at this point I don't find the new forum to be all that bad. Yes, it's more of a hassle than it used to be, but I think the biggest problem is that some of the liveliest characters in 7046 have gone missing. I used to always check in here for the banter from Jooles, Dom, SoP, or even Infernito when he was in the setup. Those guys never post here anymore so the thread isn't as exciting anymore.

I need to pick more fights...[b']maybe I'll start watching Carlisle's transfer activity again and bid on all their targets at the last second :[/b]p

Ha ha ha, scumbag!

Liverpool go into tonight's game with Fulham missing David Silva & Diego Godin but other than that the squad looks nice.

1347054_Liverpool.jpg

Liverpool have now completed 32 internal deals this season and hopefully we can add another one or two internal deals before the seasons end.

We are currently pursuing a second choice right back as our current second choice right back Tufan has not played at right back since his move to Fenerbahce as he is currently being deployed as a midfielder.

A couple of kids Kinsombi & Yurchenko are available for small cash sums.

54916.jpg

EDIT: Liverpool reach an agreement for Erik Durm, he will join us from Everton with Victor Fischer & £4.25M heading to Goodison. Nice and easy negotiations.

Yeah been thinking about this over the last week or so' date=' I also just can't find the motivation for the forum any more, which genuinly (and i can't even correct the mis-spelling of 'genuinly' because the right click feature doesn't work when you quote) makes me a little bit sad considering some of the characters we have in 7046, a fair few of whom I'd call friends. At least the news feed is alive and well, but its not the same.

In other news, Richard are ever going to remove all of your players from 'unavailable' so i can put some offers in?

Not really, old chum - I dont want to break up the squad - which I'm very happy with (also, too indebted to replace them)

Not really' date=' old chum - I dont want to break up the squad - which I'm very happy with (also, too indebted to replace them)

[/quote']

How come you shortlisted Shelvey Rich? Very unlike you! Let me know if you see a deal... :-)

Congrats on the title as well buddy, tough division to win so well done.