TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

A poor 1-0 defeat to Ipswich leaves us very unlikely to make the top four. The second half of the season has been diabolical for us.

Jooles just got relegated.:eek:

tumblr_n0sqxpbMoE1rqbv0uo1_500.gif

Sad times. Back in season 1 the last time Jooles was down there...

Well, this season has ended up terrible for Bristol Rovers and me.

Left Dagenham and Redbridge for a side in last place - bottom of the whole competition, but who I thought had a bit more potential.

Climbed up the ladder and got within a few points of my old side, but then Rovers fell away badly, we've had a real loss of form, while the new Daggers manager has done a great job and could make the playoffs if things go right this week for them.

Horrible the way this thread has descended into a barren wasteland, well not just this thread the whole forum. Can it ever be saved? I very much doubt it.

Usually at the seasons run in there are posts galore but this season nothing.

Good luck to those still fighting for stuff, I doubt I will post again on this thread in the near future.

Horrible the way this thread has descended into a barren wasteland' date=' well not just this thread the whole forum. Can it ever be saved? I very much doubt it.

Good luck to those still fighting for stuff, I doubt I will post again on this thread in the near future.[/quote']

I don't think the forum can be saved. Steven ignored any concerns on the google hangout, & SM are non responsive on Twitter or anywhere else.

I don't think the forum can be saved. Steven ignored any concerns on the google hangout' date=' & SM are non responsive on Twitter or anywhere else.[/quote']

Same, I also brought it up on the Hangout discussion and to be fair, Steven did say he thought it had been implemented badly, but that's around 8 weeks ago now and there's still no progress. Sad that such a community driven forum has been treated like this. Most forums struggle to get people interested and then to retain them, SM had it all with this one and royally screwed it.

Also sad to say, as happy as I was on saturday with being promoted, I never even thought about posting on the thread, and that would always have been the first place I'd go in the past. Such a shame.

Horrible the way this thread has descended into a barren wasteland' date=' well not just this thread the whole forum. Can it ever be saved? I very much doubt it.

Good luck to those still fighting for stuff, I doubt I will post again on this thread in the near future.[/quote']

WE NEED A PLAN !!

In this modern world people aren't prepared to wait for 1 or 2 weeks while the forum was down and another 2 - 3 weeks when it was unusable. It certainly is not as easy to use as it was before. and people have walked, either to the newsfeeds or blogs.. However we need to cross promote across forum world i.e 106/7046/7777 ec 1 etc

I'm game to start contributing again - but the format is still awkward compared to the old version

Good to hear Dickey ( you Leeds Scum)' date=' but in the mean time why don't we turn the thread over to some music?...i'll start with a play blist from my local[/color']

GM1ao2xES38?list=RDGM1ao2xES38

....and a little bit of this ( sorry Craig / Dan)

/yKhzfT_g-Kk

....and to finish...

/4lrvuAs-EJE

Good to hear Dickey ( you Leeds Scum)' date=' but in the mean time why don't we turn the thread over to some music?...i'll start with a play blist from my local[/color']

Nothing quite like the musings of an illiterate docklands half-breed to kick off this week's "Desert Island Discs".

As we Leeds fans sang upon our last visit to the toilet that is The New Den "We may not be gynecologists, but we know a c*** when we see one"

Nothing quite like the musings of an illiterate docklands half-breed to kick off this week's "Desert Island Discs".

As we Leeds fans sang upon our last visit to the toilet that is The New Den "We may not be gynecologists' date=' but we know a c*** when we see one"

[/quote']

Harsh.......

As we Leeds fans sang upon our last visit to the toilet that is The New Den "We may not be gynecologists' date=' but we know a c*** when we see one"

[/quote']

I was about to comment on you being the only Leeds fan to be able to spell long words until i noticed [h=3]Gynaecologist![/h]

New season will officially start tonight! Exciting times :)

My predicitions for Division 2:

- Aldershot to win Division 2!

- Manchester City, Arsenal, Swindon and Huddersfield Town to give me a great fight!

- Joole's Boro to struggle to avoid back to back relegations ( i believe they can succed)

- Another average season from Veigas, now at West Ham.

- Smut's Brighton to make a good campaign after promotion.

Cheers everyone, good luck :P

Tough 3-2 win over Northampton; could've gone either way in truth. We have a tough 3-game stretch against Sunderland, Chelsea and United, followed by a visit from the manager who loves to bid on all our targets, but only after we bid on them: Ipswich.

Very few "easy" games left in this division; even the newly promoted and weaker teams in the division are dangerous. Chairman wants us to go for an SMFA place, but for now our goal is to stay clear of relegation and get off to a good start. Would be nice to finish ahead of Ipswich as well.