TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Will, only time will tell if they have got this right and i hope they have.

If you fill your squad with high rated old players and go into debt because of the high wages, you won't be able to cover the debt by selling them or that is how SM seem to be thinking.

Possibly having a large squad would then give you a chance to get rid of the debt but i think big squads are due to be punished with more concerns so that should have a negative affect on your club.

From what i can see, SM are trying to get us to have smaller squads where top division clubs get the better players, which i'm all for just dubious about SM's capability of getting it right.

If they can keep the old interface that works at the old speed then these changes might be for the better, except for sorting out more flexibility of full backs and midfielders.

Forum looks pretty decent again we shall see if it is too much too late or not though.

The new match engine has saw Liverpool win back to back games against Stoke and Bolton, both 2-1 wins which moves us to within a point of the leaders.

I have to say I am amused by the failures of Man United and Carlisle MWAHAHA.

And don't even get me started on the failure that is Boro, languishing in the relegation zone in division two, Canada weeps!

I quit my other few sides to just leave me with Liverpool which should help me concentrate better as the new changes are worked out.

Benzema is still available and maybe Guilavogui and Talisca as well.

The wizard that is Ribery keeps doing his thing in the absence of Iniesta. Ganso's value going from 5.4 to 12 million has also helped his form improve significantly. Forest is in decent form this season, though I don't think we'll hit top gear until Iniesta returns.

So far I'm a big fan of the new SM economy, tho I do still wish it was easier to make money. We'll see how I feel a couple of months down the line.

A couple reminders:

Looking to sell the following guys: Jefferson (5), Rodriguez (3.5), Noor (3), Roniel (3), Fernandes (5)

Looking to loan the following guys: Ahmed Hassan Koka (85), Moses Simon (85), Adama Traore (83) Tannane (83) 

Also taking applications on teams that would like to be my feeder club :D ; I can't keep buying all the risers I like, so I'll start sharing some with you if you'll buy my risers every so often and take some of my players on loan. Pretty much a win-win for whoever takes on the role ;) !

Good morning chaps, its been a while since i have even bothered to check the forum out but everything does seem much better now and i also like the changes to the gameworld, think in time, everyone will adjust and they will work out.

As for Bournemouth, we have lost our last couple of games, just trying to get to grips with the new match engine really. Trying a few formations out, hopefully something will stick soon as we are desperate for promotion this season. Certainly have the quality to do so.

moussa-dembele(belgie)(08-06-2014).jpg

In other news, manager Josh Harman has confirmed his interest in Walsall legend Moussa Dembele.

I can confirm there have been initial talks with Walsall and were hopeful we can get something tied up. However we accept that he has been with the club a long time and it will be a difficult decision for both himself and the manager but we certainly want him and will work hard to bring him in.

Also taking applications on teams that would like to be my feeder club :D ; I can't keep buying all the risers I like, so I'll start sharing some with you if you'll buy my risers every so often and take some of my players on loan. Pretty much a win-win for whoever takes on the role ;) !

Thats the same as having two clubs, id report that to SM im afraid

Good morning chaps, its been a while since i have even bothered to check the forum out but everything does seem much better now and i also like the changes to the gameworld, think in time, everyone will adjust and they will work out.

As for Bournemouth, we have lost our last couple of games, just trying to get to grips with the new match engine really. Trying a few formations out, hopefully something will stick soon as we are desperate for promotion this season. Certainly have the quality to do so.

moussa-dembele(belgie)(08-06-2014).jpg

In other news, manager Josh Harman has confirmed his interest in Walsall legend Moussa Dembele.

Always said I'd never sell him and he'd end his playing days at Banks's before taking up a coaching role but looking increasingly likely a deal could be reached as we need a RB and are well stocked in CM. If he does leave it will be with a heavy heart, 325 games with 127 goals and 97 assists is a pretty good recod for a CM. Simply put, Mr Walsall...

Always said I'd never sell him and he'd end his playing days at Banks's before taking up a coaching role but looking increasingly likely a deal could be reached as we need a RB and are well stocked in CM. If he does leave it will be with a heavy heart, 325 games with 127 goals and 97 assists is a pretty good recod for a CM. Simply put, Mr Walsall...

if i had an available RB id be after him, fav of mine in RL, hope you get the deal your after! 

So, in summary, what are the key changes to the re-launched SM Worlds thus far...?

- New graphics

- New restrictions on player positions (eg., D(R/L)s and AMs in a 352)

- Senior players, reduced transfer value

- Junior players, increased transfer value

- Financial penalties for big squads

- Increased stadium capacity (in some cases)

Is there a new match engine yet? I can't tell...

Norwich have recorded a draw and a loss since re-launch and I put that down to an enforced change of tactics (451/352 > 451/4231) due to my D(R/L) and AM(RLC) 'issues'.

I was going along very nicely (12 unbeaten) before Wednesday so I've either got to replace my full backs and AMs with D(LC/RC)s and M(R/L/C)s to maintain my preferred 451/352 or find a formation which works with what I've got.

I seem to be spending rather a lot of time staring at my laptop these days... :)

I'm still around! It's good to see people are still involved. Forum is better now. Game new changes are not bad. Wages are a bit confusing and may be a pain in the ass for some now, but the new interface is interesting. I'm still using the old one though :P

The offer for Santos EWERTON of Sporting CP from Aldershot Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Now this is a good deal! 4M of great use. He was valued at 7M before the game changes :P Really happy with this as Ewerton is a top CB and his rating will rise this season considering Sporting is challenging for the tittle and he's back on fit!

It's been a great season for Aldershot so far, we're challenging for top places as i wanted and predicted! We lost the first match of the season, but we recovered very well from that, and we never lost since. 8 matches unbeaten, 3 draws. I hope we can keep our good run and reach top 2 soon. #Let'sGoShots!

Oh, one other thing about the re-launched game that we may need to adjust to is the impact age has on a player's value.

I happened to notice earlier when player searching that a 24/88 was 12m and a 25/88 was 8m. Okay, so these were different players at different clubs but they were in the same position.

It will be interesting to see what happens to a player's value on his birthday...

Thats the same as having two clubs, id report that to SM im afraid

Loaning players and selling players to one club more than others is the same as having two clubs? Guess you can report me for deals with Yeovil & Liverpool then, since there's been a couple of season where I've hit 3 deals (the maximum) with them. Or is the part where I tell them about risers the part that upset you?

It was mostly a joke, but you're full of crap if you think my idea was even on the edge of cheating. Stupid thing to suggest.

if i had an available RB id be after him, fav of mine in RL, hope you get the deal your after! 

Cheers Niall. Deal has been accepted and Dembele is on his way to Bournemouth with Coleman heading to the Banks's Stadium. I am genuinly sad to see him go and have already spoken to Josh about a first refusal clause. He will be back one day of that I'm sure.

Loaning players and selling players to one club more than others is the same as having two clubs? Guess you can report me for deals with Yeovil & Liverpool then, since there's been a couple of season where I've hit 3 deals (the maximum) with them. Or is the part where I tell them about risers the part that upset you?

It was mostly a joke, but you're full of crap if you think my idea was even on the edge of cheating. Stupid thing to suggest.

Thats not exactly what yous said, the way i read it was yiu want another clib to buy players you dont have room for, so if they were any good would they suddenly move to forest? Same as having 2 clubs really imo, doing 3 deals with mangers is not the same

Will, only time will tell if they have got this right and i hope they have.

If you fill your squad with high rated old players and go into debt because of the high wages, you won't be able to cover the debt by selling them or that is how SM seem to be thinking.

Possibly having a large squad would then give you a chance to get rid of the debt but i think big squads are due to be punished with more concerns so that should have a negative affect on your club.

From what i can see, SM are trying to get us to have smaller squads where top division clubs get the better players, which i'm all for just dubious about SM's capability of getting it right.

If they can keep the old interface that works at the old speed then these changes might be for the better, except for sorting out more flexibility of full backs and midfielders.

I think you're right mate. Just before changes SM was quickly buying up the real players of any unmanaged clubs to make up the squad. Maybe the only way to keep out of debt is to play with the real squad. I've still got 31m in bank so I'll see how quickly my funds go down. They are obviously going for more realism in the game.

Thats not exactly what yous said, the way i read it was yiu want another clib to buy players you dont have room for, so if they were any good would they suddenly move to forest? Same as having 2 clubs really imo, doing 3 deals with mangers is not the same

I didn't write anything to suggest I would be acquiring another club, it was clearly stated that it would be a partnership with an existing club. Nevertheless, if you misunderstood, no point in dragging it on. Moving on...

Tough match against Wigan in the cup tomorrow. Really need to keep one of these cup/shield runs alive, otherwise I won't have any games to play all my backup players in.

A few youngsters transferring out of Anfield:

Status Offer Made Player Pos Age Rat Club To Value Amount Players Offered   ABdspacer.gif 7 Dec 2015 11:15GT KVASINA, Marko AM,F© 18 80 FK Austria Wien £2.0M £2.3M None Action ABdspacer.gif 7 Dec 2015 11:15GT COLEMAN, Joe GK 20 73 Tamworth £360k £363k None Action ABdspacer.gif 7 Dec 2015 11:15GT GRANT, Peter D© 21 73 Falkirk £360k £424k None Action ABdspacer.gif 7 Dec 2015 11:15GT YEBOAH, Yaw F(RLC) 18 77 Macclesfield Town £2.0M £2.0M None Action ABdspacer.gif 7 Dec 2015 12:38GT NANDO, García M,AM® 21 78 Rotherham United £1.2M £1.5M None Action ABdspacer.gif 7 Dec 2015 16:18GT FERATI, Arianit AM(RLC) 18 75 Carlisle United £320k £639k None Action
Out Bids Average Age Average Rating Average Value Total Value Average Cash Total Cash 6 19 76 £1.0M £6.2M £1.2M £7.2M