TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Raz. said:

Okay lads,I was indeed planning to quit SM,but not today,not tonight.I've took a random Everton in a random GW just to make a few deals and instead of quitting that one,I pressed quit on my Sunderland.I pretty much regret it now(obviously,Sherlock.).If I can get it back,it's okay.If I can't,I will just move on.Hopefully I manage to get it back though.God knows who got it on offer anyway.

No one has it at the moment Raz but needless to say theres more than one of us looking out for you China..think its worth contacting SM and telling them about your error?

16 hours ago, Raz. said:

Okay lads,I was indeed planning to quit SM,but not today,not tonight.I've took a random Everton in a random GW just to make a few deals and instead of quitting that one,I pressed quit on my Sunderland.I pretty much regret it now(obviously,Sherlock.).If I can get it back,it's okay.If I can't,I will just move on.Hopefully I manage to get it back though.God knows who got it on offer anyway.

Well that's a cock up and a half Raz.

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

MILLWALL 1 WIGAN 1

MILLWALL get an important point against a strong Wigan side.

Millwall took the lead on 59 minutes when LAMPARD scored Direct from a free-kick. Wigan dominated possession as Millwall played their usual defensive role. A goal on 87th minute gave Wigan a share of the points. Millwall nearly got away with it but it's a good point for us and they all count.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

MILLWALL   2 - 2  QUEENS PARK RANGERS 

(MILLWALL WIN 4-3 on penalties)

Millwall rested 10 players for this match to prepare for away match at HARTLEPOOL Wednesday.

BEAUVUE opened the scoring for Millwall on 26 mins, however QPR quickly equalised when OBI scored on 28 mins. QPR were reduced to 10-men(44) then took the lead just after the break when IBRAHIMOVIC scored on 47 mins. A late equaliser for Millwall when KEANE scored on 77 mins which took the match to penalties,

Penalties

IBRAHIMOVIC (QPR) - SCORED  0-1

SAU - MISSED - 0-1

OLIC (QPR) - SCORED 0-2

GOMEZ - SCORED 1-2

PALACIO (QPR) - SCORED 1-3

KEANE - SCORED 2-3

DEMBELE (QPR) - MISSED 2-3

MORALEZ - MISSED 2-3

The next penalty taker could win it if he can keep his composure

OBI (QPR) - MISSED 2-3

The next kick taker must score to keep MILLWALL alive in this shootout

KALLSTROM - SCORED 3-3

MEIRELES (QPR) - MISSED 3-3

The taker of the next penalty could become the hero by scoring this penalty.

LARSSON - SCORED 4-3

LARSSON wins it for MILLWALL 4-3

--------------------------------------------------------

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

HARTLEPOOL 1 MILLWALL 1

Millwall had an away draw against top of the table HARTLEPOOL. It was a defensive performance to limit Hartlepool's chances which was hard fought and made more difficult when GARGANO put Hartlepool 1-0 up on 21 minutes. Millwall totally defended and hoped to get a chance to level. That chance fell to PELLE who equalised on 67 minutes. ADURIZ was MAN OF THE MATCH for the hosts

MILLWALL dropped down a place in the table due to results elsewhere. 

NEXT MATCH:  CRYSTAL PALACE v MILLWALL

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey  guys,

I've decided to quit SM at the end of this season. There are many reasons for my decision: it is partly due to limited time, partly due to frustration with SM as a game and partly due to hitting a ceiling with Forest. I've done a lot of terrific work with Forest over the years, building up the squad from very little, signing top talents and roaring back from relegation twice to finish in the top four twice. At this moment I am in the setup's top five managers of all time by points, and should manage to overtake Ben & Dan by the end of the season.

Although I am very proud of my work with Forest, it cannot be denied that there still exists a massive gulf in quality between my Forest side and Liverpool, Sunderland, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and so on. And though I make a few good signings every season, I am skeptical that I would be able to close that gap prior to season 20 or more. 

What really has sealed the deal for me is SM's current rules. For whatever reason, SM has decided that I am no longer eligible to acquire newly added players. This does not seem to be tied to squad value, as I've lost out on top talents to clubs worth more than mine, and it does not seem to be tied to squad size, as Ipswich has won several of these newly added player battles over clubs much small in size and value than themselves. Constantly missing out on the top newly added talents means that my primary vehicle for improving my club, via youth player rises, is foreclosed & sharply limited. This has happened on at least ten occasions in the last ten weeks, and is likely to continue happening, as SM still have yet to explain how this random lottery is decided.

Cash injections also remain deeply problematic. Although it is good that they no longer go the big clubs, it is disheartening and unfair to spend so much time scouting risers and selling them on to make, at best, a 3-4 million profit, only to watch X club which has sat around doing little in the market for the season get a 50 mil boost to spend come the next season. Makes it all rather pointless in the end. 

Finally, I would be remiss to not mention the stagnation of the transfer market. Simply put, there are maybe five to seven clubs who actively look to engage in the transfer market. Of those five to seven, two or three are looking for a tier of players possessed by only two to four other managers in the setup. Meanwhile, a solid 75%+ of the setup engages in very little to no internal transfer activity. The setup sadly comes to life most in the mid-season when a club gets a new manager who in his excitement is finally willing to do some deals to change his squad and bring in new players. This state of affairs only helps to ensure that those with the strongest squads remain strong, and takes out an important aspect of the game. If I am not mistaken, it is partially what ultimately lead Dan to leave his Liverpool.

I may change my decision, as everyone experiences the desire to leave at one point or another, which is partly why I've delayed the ultimate decision to the end of the season. I will conduct all transfer activity as I normally would until then, with the exception that I will not agree any deals with parts to be resolved in next season.

Thanks for reading, and good luck to everyone, except those facing me, with the rest of their season.

On 03/10/2016 at 3:53 PM, BigGameMo said:

Hey  guys,

I've decided to quit SM at the end of this season. There are many reasons for my decision: it is partly due to limited time, partly due to frustration with SM as a game and partly due to hitting a ceiling with Forest. I've done a lot of terrific work with Forest over the years, building up the squad from very little, signing top talents and roaring back from relegation twice to finish in the top four twice. At this moment I am in the setup's top five managers of all time by points, and should manage to overtake Ben & Dan by the end of the season.

Although I am very proud of my work with Forest, it cannot be denied that there still exists a massive gulf in quality between my Forest side and Liverpool, Sunderland, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and so on. And though I make a few good signings every season, I am skeptical that I would be able to close that gap prior to season 20 or more. 

What really has sealed the deal for me is SM's current rules. For whatever reason, SM has decided that I am no longer eligible to acquire newly added players. This does not seem to be tied to squad value, as I've lost out on top talents to clubs worth more than mine, and it does not seem to be tied to squad size, as Ipswich has won several of these newly added player battles over clubs much small in size and value than themselves. Constantly missing out on the top newly added talents means that my primary vehicle for improving my club, via youth player rises, is foreclosed & sharply limited. This has happened on at least ten occasions in the last ten weeks, and is likely to continue happening, as SM still have yet to explain how this random lottery is decided.

Cash injections also remain deeply problematic. Although it is good that they no longer go the big clubs, it is disheartening and unfair to spend so much time scouting risers and selling them on to make, at best, a 3-4 million profit, only to watch X club which has sat around doing little in the market for the season get a 50 mil boost to spend come the next season. Makes it all rather pointless in the end. 

Finally, I would be remiss to not mention the stagnation of the transfer market. Simply put, there are maybe five to seven clubs who actively look to engage in the transfer market. Of those five to seven, two or three are looking for a tier of players possessed by only two to four other managers in the setup. Meanwhile, a solid 75%+ of the setup engages in very little to no internal transfer activity. The setup sadly comes to life most in the mid-season when a club gets a new manager who in his excitement is finally willing to do some deals to change his squad and bring in new players. This state of affairs only helps to ensure that those with the strongest squads remain strong, and takes out an important aspect of the game. If I am not mistaken, it is partially what ultimately lead Dan to leave his Liverpool.

I may change my decision, as everyone experiences the desire to leave at one point or another, which is partly why I've delayed the ultimate decision to the end of the season. I will conduct all transfer activity as I normally would until then, with the exception that I will not agree any deals with parts to be resolved in next season.

Thanks for reading, and good luck to everyone, except those facing me, with the rest of their season.

You still thinking of wrapping in Mo?