TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

club-statement-website.jpg

All good things must come to an end they say. Well Tranmere were well beaten (2-0) by the better team today. Brentford second place and chasing the title eased to victory with goals from Luka Jovic & Victor Kovalenko.

I think this defeat could be the making of us. Fans expectations were getting out of hand after the initial three wins in a row so being brought down to earth with this result should bring home some realisation that we are nowhere near the finished article yet. We will push on and try and make the playoffs. stated SMH.

Image result for Pablo MARÍ

On a better note Pablo Mari arrived from Leicester at a bargain buy price of just £3.6 million.

He arrives with two more youngsters. Antoine Collasin (70) & highly touted speed merchant Allan Arigoni (70).

club-statement-website.jpg

Playoff hopes are gone for Tranmere this season after three defeats back to back.

Wed 29 Jan
A
736.png

Wed 12 Feb
H
77.png

Sat 15 Feb
A
51.png

Lots of transfers of youngsters as we trawl a net to try and catch a couple of good uns.
81871.png
Alex Iwobi (89) comes in from Forest as a big transfer with youngster Kouassi and £10.2 million going the other way. To finance this deal Karim Rekik left for Forest in a £10 million pounds move. Old man Rukevina (87#) comes in as a cheap cover for left and right back at 500k. A switch of keepers also happened with Olsen(88) moving to Roma for £6.6 million and Mendy (87)coming in from Rennes for £3.9M. Duncan(87) and Pedro (88) left for a combined £20M.#

eDSnxtv.png

The team is starting to take shape. Hopefully we can bring in another first team player before new season approaches as we still have a £16 million transfer kitty.

Took over Doncaster partway through Season 18 in July 2017 with the team stuck in the basement of Division 4 after some major neglect from the previous manager. The best players I inherited were Daniel Baier, Thomas Foket, and Gregory Sertic.

It's been a long process but today Doncaster is in the upper half of Division 2 thanks to a mix of talented youth, experienced leaders... and 240 reserves. A big moment for the team occurred when I won the Pavard lottery a couple months into my tenure.. soon after, he thrived for Stuttgart and played a key role in France's World Cup journey. This allowed me to sell him for Milenkovic, Mount & Joachim Andersen. Through swings and roundabouts, these three players have been converted to:

Telles, Cucurella, Ben White, Omur, Matviyenko, Emmanuel Dennis, O'Connell & Webster.

I've made tens if not hundreds of internal deals during my time, some of which where I won greatly (Renan Lodi), and some of which where I got absolutely robbed (selling AWB for Mauro Jr., Oscar Rodriguez, Queiros & Christian Oliva - yikes). But it is what it is and these deals have allowed me to build up my ranks with interesting and viable players. I think that Sam Hinkie would be proud of my work.

Nowadays, the team is led by Papu Gomez, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Telles, Djene & Pavlenka, backed up by a plethora of exciting prospects - some of the highlights include: Lodi, Bruno Guimaraes, Bennacer, Gabriel, Kabak, Almada, Hlozek & Fabio Silva.

Looking into the future, the goal is to ultimately become a mainstay in Division 1, and to maybe even win a cup or two. I could see the team reaching this level within a year or so if everything works out.

The process continues - here's to the next three years.

---

Doncaster Rovers Progress from Season 18-25:

Season 18 (D4): 17th, 36 points

Season 19 (D4): 18th, 34 points

Season 20 (D4): 10th, 56 points

Season 21 (D4): 5th, 63 points - won promotion playoff

Season 22 (D3): 15th, 45 points

Season 23 (D3): 5th, 61 points - lost promotion playoff

Season 24 (D3): 1st, 79 points

currently, Season 25 (D2): 7th, 26 points after 17 games