English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

club-statement-website.jpg

All good things must come to an end they say. Well Tranmere were well beaten (2-0) by the better team today. Brentford second place and chasing the title eased to victory with goals from Luka Jovic & Victor Kovalenko.

I think this defeat could be the making of us. Fans expectations were getting out of hand after the initial three wins in a row so being brought down to earth with this result should bring home some realisation that we are nowhere near the finished article yet. We will push on and try and make the playoffs. stated SMH.

Image result for Pablo MARÍ

On a better note Pablo Mari arrived from Leicester at a bargain buy price of just £3.6 million.

He arrives with two more youngsters. Antoine Collasin (70) & highly touted speed merchant Allan Arigoni (70).

• 5 weeks later...

club-statement-website.jpg

Playoff hopes are gone for Tranmere this season after three defeats back to back.

Wed 29 Jan
A
736.png

Wed 12 Feb
H
77.png

Sat 15 Feb
A
51.png

Lots of transfers of youngsters as we trawl a net to try and catch a couple of good uns.
81871.png
Alex Iwobi (89) comes in from Forest as a big transfer with youngster Kouassi and £10.2 million going the other way. To finance this deal Karim Rekik left for Forest in a £10 million pounds move. Old man Rukevina (87#) comes in as a cheap cover for left and right back at 500k. A switch of keepers also happened with Olsen(88) moving to Roma for £6.6 million and Mendy (87)coming in from Rennes for £3.9M. Duncan(87) and Pedro (88) left for a combined £20M.#

eDSnxtv.png

The team is starting to take shape. Hopefully we can bring in another first team player before new season approaches as we still have a £16 million transfer kitty.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Took over Doncaster partway through Season 18 in July 2017 with the team stuck in the basement of Division 4 after some major neglect from the previous manager. The best players I inherited were Daniel Baier, Thomas Foket, and Gregory Sertic.

It's been a long process but today Doncaster is in the upper half of Division 2 thanks to a mix of talented youth, experienced leaders... and 240 reserves. A big moment for the team occurred when I won the Pavard lottery a couple months into my tenure.. soon after, he thrived for Stuttgart and played a key role in France's World Cup journey. This allowed me to sell him for Milenkovic, Mount & Joachim Andersen. Through swings and roundabouts, these three players have been converted to:

Telles, Cucurella, Ben White, Omur, Matviyenko, Emmanuel Dennis, O'Connell & Webster.

I've made tens if not hundreds of internal deals during my time, some of which where I won greatly (Renan Lodi), and some of which where I got absolutely robbed (selling AWB for Mauro Jr., Oscar Rodriguez, Queiros & Christian Oliva - yikes). But it is what it is and these deals have allowed me to build up my ranks with interesting and viable players. I think that Sam Hinkie would be proud of my work.

Nowadays, the team is led by Papu Gomez, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Telles, Djene & Pavlenka, backed up by a plethora of exciting prospects - some of the highlights include: Lodi, Bruno Guimaraes, Bennacer, Gabriel, Kabak, Almada, Hlozek & Fabio Silva.

Looking into the future, the goal is to ultimately become a mainstay in Division 1, and to maybe even win a cup or two. I could see the team reaching this level within a year or so if everything works out.

The process continues - here's to the next three years.

---

Doncaster Rovers Progress from Season 18-25:

Season 18 (D4): 17th, 36 points

Season 19 (D4): 18th, 34 points

Season 20 (D4): 10th, 56 points

Season 21 (D4): 5th, 63 points - won promotion playoff

Season 22 (D3): 15th, 45 points

Season 23 (D3): 5th, 61 points - lost promotion playoff

Season 24 (D3): 1st, 79 points

currently, Season 25 (D2): 7th, 26 points after 17 games

• 2 months later...

It's all gone wrong for Stockport. Two seasons ago we won Division 3 and last season finished a respectable 10th. Despite the odd win here and there the majority of damage was done in the first half of the season with mostly losses. Now we are relegated back to the Division we won.

Leicester City

Im pretty happy with my second season in division 3. Just one position better than last seasons 11th place but atleast i know im competitive. We had a great run to reach the our first ever English Shield Final but went down to a very strong Nottingham Forest.

Top Scorer: Vardy 15
Most Assists: Januzaj 23

20200820_080837.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NOTTINGHAM FOREST ANNOUNCE RETURN OF JOAO FELIX

Today, Forest completed the transfer acquisition of Joao Felix from Millwall for a fee of 20 million, Stefano Sensi, and Dodi Lukebakio. Despite having played a fairly minor role in Forest's history so far, Felix has arguably been Forest's most controversial player ever; his initial acquisition for Fabian Ruiz and Cristian Pavon triggered days of protests from other managers about the deal being too one-sided, resulting in the selling manager deciding to quit Soccer Manager altogether, and his sale to Millwall was also met with protests as it came after Felix had accumulated concerns and looked set to force his way out of the club. Forest are under no illusion that this press release will somehow quell the protests, but wish to offer it to provide a comprehensive picture of the context surrounding the transfer. 

For years, Millwall and Forest have enjoyed a strong strategic partnership, built on mutual respect and common understanding. Every season for at least the past 10-15 seasons, Forest has sold some of its best second or third team players for cash to Millwall, despite strong interest and offers from other parties, because Forest has a keen interest in seeing Millwall succeed. Forest has also consistently given Millwall first dibs on its best loan talents for the same reason. A look at Millwall's current squad will reflect the presence of many good former Forest players: aside from the recently arrived Lukebakio and Sensi, Millwall has Augustinsson, acquired for only 10 mil despite his high-level of quality and relatively young age, Everton Ribeiro, sold before his rise and with around 150 appearances to his name, Javi Martinez and David Luiz. Past names include Manuel Lanzini, Gio Lo Celso, Marcelo, and more. And the loan players of LaCroix, Matty Cash, and Santos Dodo are all top tier talents as well. Every season, ex-Nottingham Forest players make up a critical, top quality contingent of the Millwall squad. This flow of players, along with the management of Craig, has allowed Millwall to climb from Division 4 all the way to Division 2, and with half of the season gone, Millwall look to be in great position to retain their status as a Division 2 club.

That all sounds great for Millwall, but what does Forest get from this, you ask? For starters, we usually get money for our players, but this is a pretty minor perk of the partnership; thanks to Forest's strong performance year-over-year in Europe and at home, the Forest coffers are comfortably setup for the long run, without much needed for transfer income. And when Millwall are in possession of a top talent, our strategic partnership can play a role in helping us negotiate a deal that benefits both parties.

But we won't shy from it--the biggest perk is that we get to replicate the benefits of the relationships that the big real-life clubs have with smaller clubs, like Manchester City & Girona, Udinese & Watford, Real Madrid & Getafe, Juventus & Torino, and so on. When players of good quality are unable to get game time in the team, we are able to sell them on to Millwall knowing that they will be playing for a friendly club and owner, and that if we wish to re-acquire the player down the line, we will be met by management who will demand a fair price but be willing to have the conversation. Rarely do the players end up returning, even if they hold or grow their value. But sometimes, it makes sense for both clubs. 

Felix left Forest with no specifically set return deal. As with all past players, the ground work was there to open discussions on a return, something which Forest made clear in its discussions with the press when Felix left. When Stefano Sensi began to accumulate concerns, the final details on the deal began to take shape; there would be a considerable cash component, Sensi would be included, and Lukebakio would also be a part of the deal. Importantly, this was a bigger fee that Millwall paid to acquire Felix; if we consider Sensi and Lo Celso players of comparable value, then Lukebakio, valued at 13 million euros on Transfermarkt, is basically a free 13 million inclusion in the deal.

Millwall asked that the deal be delayed to help the team cement their status in Division 2. This wish was granted, and the transfer was set to be completed after matchday 19. At this time, there is no plan for Sensi to return to Forest; it the opinion of the owners that Sensi will be a strong member of the Millwall squad for the long-term that can help the team establish themselves in Div2 and possibly help them go higher. But, as with dozens of players before, a return to Forest is not ruled out. 

The SMFA have reviewed Forest and Millwall's deals in the past and cleared them every single time for complying with the rules and spirit of the game. As stated before, we are following in the footsteps of great clubs before us, and are confident that this transfer is only another step in the continuous strengthening of Forest and Millwall's strategic partnership and the two clubs' status in the football pyramid. Obviously, this may be bad news to the clubs competing with Forest and Millwall for honors, but that's what competition is about--bettering yourself and making things more difficult for your competition. Good luck all.

What a load of tripe. It may not be in the t&c's but you ask any long standing manager and swapping players to reset concerns if very poor etiquette and just helps managers like you player hog and stop the smaller clubs from growing. This is a game supposed to be played for enjoyment. Im sure you prob put a suit on every time you log in reading that 'club statement'. You 100% think your the smartest man in the room, arrogance knows no bounds. You are hands down the biggest problem in 7046 and if you polled all 80 managers the numbers would be off the charts against you, yet you honestly believe were all wrong and your right. Nothing but a  delusional cheat

On 8/30/2021 at 4:26 PM, bigtunna said:

What a load of tripe. It may not be in the t&c's but you ask any long standing manager and swapping players to reset concerns if very poor etiquette and just helps managers like you player hog and stop the smaller clubs from growing. This is a game supposed to be played for enjoyment. Im sure you prob put a suit on every time you log in reading that 'club statement'. You 100% think your the smartest man in the room, arrogance knows no bounds. You are hands down the biggest problem in 7046 and if you polled all 80 managers the numbers would be off the charts against you, yet you honestly believe were all wrong and your right. Nothing but a  delusional cheat

You know, I wondered for a while if this was worth responding to, but I decided it is.

I play this game for fun and to succeed within the rules. Making transfers and announcements like these is part of the fun--we're all pretending to be football club managers, and this announcement is just an extension of that, nothing more.

Perhaps these gameworlds give you the feeling of superiority, that you get to call the shots with your brothers about who is right and who is not. I don't know; I'm not a mental health professional in a position to evaluate your condition, but there certainly appear to be clear signs of megalomania. But I'll reiterate--your repeated criticisms are a waste of time, and I couldn't care less what you have to say. Our past exchanges have long established for me that you are a disrespectful manager who will cry endlessly when things don't go his way. 

Keep yelling at the clouds if you wish. All I know is that I'm focused on having fun with the people who I enjoy playing this game with, and that is enough for me. You and your entourage of consistent haters, who have always expressed disdain towards me for as long as I can remember, won't take that from me. And you'll keep getting punished by SM every time you cross the line.  

40 minutes ago, BigGameMo said:

You know, I wondered for a while if this was worth responding to, but I decided it is.

I play this game for fun and to succeed within the rules. Making transfers and announcements like these is part of the fun--we're all pretending to be football club managers, and this announcement is just an extension of that, nothing more.

Perhaps these gameworlds give you the feeling of superiority, that you get to call the shots with your brothers about who is right and who is not. I don't know; I'm not a mental health professional in a position to evaluate your condition, but there certainly appear to be clear signs of megalomania. But I'll reiterate--your repeated criticisms are a waste of time, and I couldn't care less what you have to say. Our past exchanges have long established for me that you are a disrespectful manager who will cry endlessly when things don't go his way. 

Keep yelling at the clouds if you wish. All I know is that I'm focused on having fun with the people who I enjoy playing this game with, and that is enough for me. You and your entourage of consistent haters, who have always expressed disdain towards me for as long as I can remember, won't take that from me. And you'll keep getting punished by SM every time you cross the line.  

You play to player hog and to cheat a system by selling players with concerns to your friend and buying them back

31 minutes ago, MoIsAJoke said:

you can see here Mo offers players from Millwall to other managers even though they are not his players

says he has a "buy back", controlling both Nottingham and Millwall.
Asks the manager to message him to avoid getting caught hahahaha

Mo cheating.jpg

These are false and contradictory allegations. 1) Craig is a respected individual manager who I have no control over, and 2) If I had something to hide, why would I post on a public channel that I created?

Your posts and account have otherwise been reported. And each subsequent troll post you make will be reported as well.

3 minutes ago, BigGameMo said:

These are false and contradictory allegations. 1) Craig is a respected individual manager who I have no control over, and 2) If I had something to hide, why would I post on a public channel that I created?

Your posts and account have otherwise been reported. And each subsequent troll post you make will be reported as well.

more will come out

13 hours ago, BigGameMo said:

Do you think you will ever be able to cope with life on your own or do you have years ahead of you 'running to mummy'?

11 minutes ago, smut said:

Do you think you will ever be able to cope with life on your own or do you have years ahead of you 'running to mummy'?

I can cope just fine, but I don't need to put up with mistreatment from the likes of you. I'll smack it down and report it as appropriate every single time.