English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Better late than never but as promised I've finally gotten around to posting the End of Season Awards votes in their entirety in the Season 1 voting section. They're listed on pages 4 & 5.

Worth a quick look at as for the award ceremonies I only posted the top 3 winners' date=' whereas here I've listed everyone who got a vote so you've got 4th down to say 7th. Let me know if you've got any question or problems with them, or feedback on whether you'd keep the whole award/voting process the same for next year or if you'd change anything. :)[/quote']

Can't seem to get into this mate, getting this message...

"Invalid Social Group Discussion specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Can't seem to get into this mate' date=' getting this message...

"Invalid Social Group Discussion specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"[/quote']

It's 'cos you're not a member of the members' group. PM Dudeskin and he'll let you in. :)

Ok' date=' sure the North. Here's the possible entries:

Accrington Stanley

Barnsley

Blackburn Rovers

Blackpool

Bolton Wanderers

Burnley

Bury

Chester

Doncaster Rovers

Everton

Hull City

Liverpool

Leeds United

Newcastle United

Manchester City

Manchester United

Middlesbrough

Tranmere Rovers

Preston North End

Sheffield United

Sheffield Wednesday

Stockport County

Sunderland

Wigan Athletic

(Note: I've probably forgotten a few, but aslong as your not from London, Birmingham or anywhere Southern you'll be eiligible)[/quote']

What about Cardiff and Swansea?

Crystal Palace have not been mentioned because.......

Purely based on the odd numbers. I don't want to be doing byes and all that shiz. Its either 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 etc. I counted 9 (off the top of my head), one had to be cut so I chose Palace. No offence like. I for one won't be dropping out. I could put you in instead of QPR but then I'd have the QPR manager on my back. Although, he hasn't been very active this season. How about QPR vs Crystal Palace to be the 8th team in a friendly over two legs? Sound fair?

Purely based on the odd numbers. I don't want to be doing byes and all that shiz. Its either 2' date=' 4, 8, 16, 32 etc. I counted 9 (off the top of my head), one had to be cut so I chose Palace. No offence like. I for one won't be dropping out. I could put you in instead of QPR but then I'd have the QPR manager on my back. Although, he hasn't been very active this season. How about QPR vs Crystal Palace to be the 8th team in a friendly over two legs? Sound fair?[/quote']

If we must have such competitions, all the teams should be finalised before any draw takes place. If odd numbers arise - which is possible - then a bye should be included in the comp to cater for all participants,

Its kinda rushed, jumbled up and teams ommitted

Homework should be done - ie teams in it and from where - before anything is decided.

its not easy to run such and a lot time and effort is required.

(the draw is simple procedure - its the rest of it that needs attention, constantly)

take a step back, get all the teams before anything else and you'll find that it'll all fall into place once admin takes control.

well thats my thoughts after what i see - not criticising or anything - good luck with it.

Hang on Dom. Gomez has 12 goals in 10 appearances (15 if you include substitutuion appearances) for Munich this season... I thought he played more, but Soccerway has said otherwise

@ Craig, I understand, I only gave a quick draft up to get some feedback. I'll be looking more into it tomorrow as I was out from 12 to 9:30. I do think the teams should be even in all honesty. I think byes complicate things far too much and having say 16 teams would even things out.

Sorry for the double post;

I suggest we do an 8 team competition for The Best in London. I'm willing to PM Stones' date=' Snooky, and I'm sure Craig will read the thread and give his view on wheteher he wants to take part. I suggest we do a two seeds group, the best four in seed one and the latter four in the second seeds;

[b']Seed 1[/b];

West Ham

Chelsea

Fulham

Arsenal

Seed 2;

Tottenham Hotspur

QPR

Millwall

Dagenham & Redbridge

We'd draw teams from each group to play one another in a two legged competition. I'm willing to pick the names from a hat and set up dates if ye're willing to do the 8 team version which I personally think is fairer. I've put Tottenham in the secpnd group because they finished the lowest out of the five PL sides. Thoughts?

Spurs would be discusted at the idea of this and there for wont enter into such a competition

Hang on Dom. Gomez has 12 goals in 10 appearances (15 if you include substitutuion appearances) for Munich this season... I thought he played more' date=' but Soccerway has said otherwise

@ Craig, I understand, I only gave a quick draft up to get some feedback. I'll be looking more into it tomorrow as I was out from 12 to 9:30. I do think the teams should be even in all honesty. I think byes complicate things far too much and having say 16 teams would even things out.[/quote']

yes,

having odd amount/byes can be a nightmare.

16 teams would be ideal - as u mentioned.

How do you know we wouldn't stand a chance? That's a bit harsh coming from the lad who almost got Spurs relegated in the first season. Who would've known you would of have been struggling to stay in the top division with a team like that? I'm sure you never expected it. I'm just saying its rude to discard the other 'active' sides in the set-up. I didn't expect to beat Jooles' Middlesbrough but I did 4-2... I'm not the most active' date=' but I post quite a few times daily. I can understand you don't want to organize a ten team thing, I don't think I mentioned ten teams :D I'm simply saying why not have 8 London sides compete in the tourney? Its not a proper 'Best in London' if you don't have the likes of Arsenal competing, who on paper (mainly due to Dom's work) are the best rated. I just think there should be 8 sides if you want it to be a proper one..

Japan's treated Dagenham & Redbridge well, I still have one more player to rise but I had three +5's this morning to add to my recent rises.[/font']

Funny that "That's a bit harsh coming from the lad who almost got Spurs relegated in the first season. Who would've known you would of have been struggling to stay in the top division with a team like that?"

You all seem to forget the smfa shield win when it comes down to it some people really do look at the other side of things :rolleyes:

Funny that "That's a bit harsh coming from the lad who almost got Spurs relegated in the first season. Who would've known you would of have been struggling to stay in the top division with a team like that?"

You all seem to forget the smfa shield win when it comes down to it some people really do look at the other side of things :rolleyes:

SMFA Shield means very little. Good to win and all that but majority of the sides were managed by assistants and externals........

That's so bad because ... :confused::rolleyes:

Spurs ranked as a second seed team, When there the best team in london not on paper but on success, name me another team in London whaty won silverware last season, when you come back with the Answer jsut Spurs and then see iv been ranked with the london slum clubs :rolleyes:

Spurs ranked as a second seed team' date=' When there the best team in london not on paper but on success, name me another team in London whaty won silverware last season, when you come back with the Answer jsut Spurs and then see iv been ranked with the london slum clubs :rolleyes:[/quote']

Right i'm sorry mate, but isn't it a group, you go through and your in the semi's and you can actually prove your the best team in London.

Personally i don't think you'll go through, and are chickening out at the possibility of embarassement.

Spurs ranked as a second seed team' date=' When there the best team in london not on paper but on success, name me another team in London whaty won silverware last season, when you come back with the Answer jsut Spurs and then see iv been ranked with the london slum clubs :rolleyes:[/quote']

Look mate, chill, look at this from the realisation point of things.

I've based the draft seeded groups on last seasons league form. You won some poxy competition with about 4 proper managers that could challenge you. Its not like you won the English Cup/Shield where you had competition from an entire set-up, just a few poxy external teams that you were always favoured to win.

You're in the second seed draft becasue you were the worst league performing side out of the 5.

if your that annoyed with it benoo ill happily go second seeds :) really doesn't bother me either way :P

;)

SMFA Shield means very little. Good to win and all that but majority of the sides were managed by assistants and externals........

Okay mate sure yet on MSN between jsut the two of us it was a massive achievement and a good win, You alos forget that Fulham and West ham both failed to win the same competiton then surly if winnign it means little losing to unmanaged/external teams is worse ;):rolleyes:

Dunno whats up with you tonight buddy if you care to explain all the negative vibes im always free on msn to talk

Why dont use just do a draw and have a knockout comp for this London comp. It would be faster and easier for whoever's organising it.

ANd you shouldnt have seeds, not too many comps have it bar the Champs/Europa league. Just look at the FA Cup, if u dont have seeds you can get good draws like Liverpool v United in the FA cup on sunday. It just makes it better that way

;)

Okay mate sure yet on MSN between jsut the two of us it was a massive achievement and a good win' date=' You alos forget that Fulham and West ham both failed to win the same competiton then surly if winnign it means little losing to unmanaged/external teams is worse ;):rolleyes:

Dunno whats up with you tonight buddy if you care to explain all the negative vibes im always free on msn to talk[/quote']

Think you 2 need to get a room:D

I hope this doesn't dominate the thread - with respect of course.

if so, maybe a new thread should be started for its own seperate debate.

MILLWALL not taking part simply coz i've got enough matches in the EC7046 setup to test my squad and I want to focus totally on my Div-3 league campaign.

Hang on Dom. Gomez has 12 goals in 10 appearances (15 if you include substitutuion appearances) for Munich this season... I thought he played more' date=' but Soccerway has said otherwise[/quote']

Yeah, 12 goals, 10/15 appearances out of just 17 games that Bayern have played in the league. And 6 goals in 6 appearances (2 as sub) in the Champion's League. About as hot as anypne else this season, Messi and Ronadlo aside. You sure you know your stuff Dom? :rolleyes: