English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Now im really lost...............

Whats happing with this so called London cup ? i can accept that other managers with teams in london may be agreeved about being overlooked thats fine, I jsut wanted a qick easy hassel free little mini competition, Look if someone else is willing to sort out a much better and bigger one with all the teamsi n london be my guest, Id still just wipe the floor with you all :D

;)

Okay mate sure yet on MSN between jsut the two of us it was a massive achievement and a good win' date=' You alos forget that Fulham and West ham both failed to win the same competiton then surly if winnign it means little losing to unmanaged/external teams is worse ;):rolleyes:

Dunno whats up with you tonight buddy if you care to explain all the negative vibes im always free on msn to talk[/quote']

That was probably because you weren't acting stuck up and to good to play the second seeders.

Hows about you just chuck him out of the competition, and let Crystal Palace take over, who would be grateful to get into the competition.

Sorry for the double post;

I suggest we do an 8 team competition for The Best in London. I'm willing to PM Stones' date=' Snooky, and I'm sure Craig will read the thread and give his view on wheteher he wants to take part. I suggest we do a two seeds group, the best four in seed one and the latter four in the second seeds;

[b']Seed 1[/b];

West Ham

Chelsea

Fulham

Arsenal

Seed 2;

Tottenham Hotspur

QPR

Millwall

Dagenham & Redbridge

We'd draw teams from each group to play one another in a two legged competition. I'm willing to pick the names from a hat and set up dates if ye're willing to do the 8 team version which I personally think is fairer. I've put Tottenham in the secpnd group because they finished the lowest out of the five PL sides. Thoughts?

Based purely on the manager/club averages in 7046:

Seed 1

West Ham 2.47

Arsenal 2.24

Chelsea 2.07

Dagenham & Redbridge 1.90

Seed 2;

Fulham 1.88

Tottenham Hotspur 1.82

QPR 1.60

Millwall 1.31

:rolleyes:

(Crystal Palace 1.59)

if your that annoyed with it benoo ill happily go second seeds :) really doesn't bother me either way :P

Situation resolved.

;)

Okay mate sure yet on MSN between jsut the two of us it was a massive achievement and a good win' date=' You alos forget that Fulham and West ham both failed to win the same competiton then surly if winnign it means little losing to unmanaged/external teams is worse ;):rolleyes:

Dunno whats up with you tonight buddy if you care to explain all the negative vibes im always free on msn to talk[/quote']

MSN is banjaxed buddy.

Massive at the time but when I loo back on it - it isn't that huge to be fair. Its nice, but I'd rather win a competition with fully managed teams.

With Craig opting to not take part the draft looks like this;

Top seeds;

Arsenal

Fulham

Tottenham

West Ham

Second Seeds;

Chelsea

QPR

Crystal Palace

Dagenham and Redbridge

I'll do more research tomorrow and get games organized.

@ Lenny, too busy tonight for Ben :D

@ James; the seeds just make it easier for the draft. I'll probably just mix it up in the end but the drafting seeds is just easier for now

That was probably because you weren't acting stuck up and to good to play the second seeders.

Hows about you just chuck him out of the competition' date=' and let Crystal Palace take over, who would be grateful to get into the competition.[/quote']

Not you again make have no idea who you are really do i know you mate :rolleyes:

I suggest you go find your self a feild a decent size backside and make that sheep goo crazy ;)

Yeah' date=' 12 goals, 10/15 appearances out of just 17 games that Bayern have played in the league. And 6 goals in 6 appearances (2 as sub) in the Champion's League. About as hot as anypne else this season, Messi and Ronadlo aside. You sure you know your stuff Dom? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Bet he's never seen Gomez play outisde of the Champions League :D

Now im really lost...............

Whats happing with this so called London cup ? i can accept that other managers with teams in london may be agreeved about being overlooked thats fine' date=' I jsut wanted a qick easy hassel free little mini competition, Look if someone else is willing to sort out a much better and bigger one with all the teamsi n london be my guest, Id still just wipe the floor with you all :D[/quote']

I'm doing the organizing, some-one has to

Hows about you just chuck him out of the competition' date=' and let Crystal Palace take over, who would be grateful to get into the competition.[/quote']

We could, but Millwall aren't participating for perfectly understandable. Ben's in for numbers, to even the playing field.

Based purely on the manager/club averages in 7046:

Seed 1

West Ham 2.47

Arsenal 2.24

Chelsea 2.07

Dagenham & Redbridge 1.90

Seed 2;

Fulham 1.88

Tottenham Hotspur 1.82

QPR 1.60

Millwall 1.31

:rolleyes:

(Crystal Palace 1.59)

Its just a draft for now. I'll probably mix them up when I draw them.

I may start a competition for all the teams that dont want to be in all the other competitons

What do you guys think;)

Any ideas what it could be call?

Huddersfield would be willing to participate in any cup as the club need to get there hands on a trophy.We had a gold cup but the manager pawned it to Cash4Gold so now the cabinet is bare.:)

Yeah' date=' 12 goals, 10/15 appearances out of just 17 games that Bayern have played in the league. And 6 goals in 6 appearances (2 as sub) in the Champion's League. About as hot as anypne else this season, Messi and Ronadlo aside. You sure you know your stuff Dom? :rolleyes:[/quote']

but anyone can have a good run and I admit hes doing well but IMO hes not great never liked him and I only targeted him as you targeted pedro and carrick and out of pedro and gomez I certainly know who id have ........

Its just a draft for now. I'll probably mix them up when I draw them.

Really it was more just to counter Ben's claim that Spurs deserved to be with the upper seeds...

but anyone can have a good run and I admit hes doing well but IMO hes not great never liked him and I only targeted him as you targeted pedro and carrick and out of pedro and gomez I certainly know who id have ........

Of course you mean Pedro playing alongside Messi, Iniesta, and Xavi, or Gomez playing alongside Messi, Iniesta, and Xavi. I suppose you're right, imagine just how many more Gomez would score if he had that ammunition behind him, no brainer really...

Huddersfield would be willing to participate in any cup as the club need to get there hands on a trophy.We had a gold cup but the manager pawned it to Cash4Gold so now the cabinet is bare.:)

Why dont we have a masters styled tournament from different regions then one big final to see who is the best.

Such as the London Cup idea face the winners of North West Etc.

I can see it now Danny........Huddesfield V Bury for the "Elite Cash4Gold Challenge Cup"

I reckon we play it over 16 legs and the team with the most corners over the 16 games wins the CUP !!!!!!!

Really it was more just to counter Ben's claim that Spurs deserved to be with the upper seeds...

Of course you mean Pedro playing alongside Messi' date=' Iniesta, and Xavi, or Gomez playing alongside Messi, Iniesta, and Xavi. I suppose you're right, imagine just how many more Gomez would score if he had that ammunition behind him, no brainer really...[/quote']

Fair point buddy , totally agree but he has got ribery , robben so its not like hes short on supply but 1 cracking season dosent make a player , hes a player whom I have never rated as he has been poor really at muchen but he could be turning a corner but I just think hes way too inconsistent , And rob if you need any help organising then let us know as I fully support your idea btw I would be lower ranked as im not a cry baby LOL

I can see it now Danny........Huddesfield V Bury for the "Elite Cash4Gold Challenge Cup"

I reckon we play it over 16 legs and the team with the most corners over the 16 games wins the CUP !!!!!!!

Now thats a game that would get bums on seats.

Benno quit , this must be the day for crazy management .:)

Fair point buddy ' date=' totally agree but he has got ribery , robben so its not like hes short on supply but 1 cracking season dosent make a player , hes a player whom I have never rated as he has been poor really at muchen but he could be turning a corner but I just think hes way too inconsistent , And rob if you need any help organising then let us know as I fully support your idea btw I would be lower ranked as im not a cry baby LOL[/quote']

I'm sure Robben's just returning/returned from injury whilst Ribery is doing poor. As it stands, Gomez has been Munich's best attacking otion with Muller.

Ben's left the EC over this lads.

I'm sure Robben's just returning/returned from injury whilst Ribery is doing poor. As it stands' date=' Gomez has been Munich's best attacking otion with Muller.

Ben's left the EC over this lads.[/quote']

Really? That's just crazy. After all that good work transferwise, leaving over such a small argument...thats just petty tbh. what a shame.

Hopefully a good manager gets the offer. I really hope that manager isn't me, I'm a huge Tottenham fan so it'd be really hard to resist, even with all the work I've done at Forest...

I'm sure Robben's just returning/returned from injury whilst Ribery is doing poor. As it stands' date=' Gomez has been Munich's best attacking otion with Muller.

Ben's left the EC over this lads.

shame to see him go over something as pathetic as a friendly challenge/Cup

Really make you wonder if its worth doing these things

Set-up was fine as it was to me.......now we have lost a good forumer...Shame:(

cheers jooles I had it somewhere just couldnt find it.Dom has forgot to preview the Huddersfield game in div 3 :)

Massive game away at OLham .

Dont worry other half will be done tommorow!! , IM in utter shock and dismay than ben left over the league bearing issue !!! Devestateing and unexpected loss