English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

You obviously had the assets with you unlike my Accrington Stanley even if i've been in here from the start. Improving the squad value from £900k to £53 million. That's an improvement rate of over 53000%.

Still the fifth weakest squad in the division ... but i am 7th with 13 games to go. Lets hope i can end my recent poor form and get back to winning ways to put me in the play-offs' date=' or it might just be another end to the season like last time out.[/quote']

True, I took over a decent squad in bad shape. Had players with like 8% fitness and hardly any defenders, but around £9m in the bank and everyone was off their transfer ban so it's been relatively easy to improve the team. I'm fancying myself for a late, late, late burst towards the play-offs :P Only like 14 points off and with enough games to go, it's possible :D

Maths not your strong point then Aidan? :o

True' date=' I took over a decent squad in bad shape. Had players with like 8% fitness and hardly any defenders, but around £9m in the bank and everyone was off their transfer ban so it's been relatively easy to improve the team. I'm fancying myself for a late, late, late burst towards the play-offs :P Only like 14 points off and with enough games to go, it's possible :D

[b']Maths not your strong point then Aidan? :o

[/b]

One to many zero's i know. B)

But ye, last season i completly dropped out of it and six defeats in the final six games dropped me from 6th to 15th because it was so tight. And i imagine it could be something similar this season, and probably a similar sort of fate for Stanley B)

[/b]

But ye' date=' last season i completly dropped out of it and six defeats in the final six games dropped me from 6th to 15th because it was so tight. And i imagine it could be something similar this season, and probably a similar sort of fate for Stanley B)[/quote']

You can pull it around, I...believe in you! :D

[/b]

But ye' date=' last season i completly dropped out of it and six defeats in the final six games dropped me from 6th to 15th because it was so tight. And i imagine it could be something similar this season, and probably a similar sort of fate for Stanley B)[/quote']

Tell me about it, I win one week, lose the next three, win 5, lose 2 and so on :o And yes we did go on a 5 win streak once over :D

Ipswich Town - £14.0M + Sotiris KYRGIAKOS + Marco DJURICIN - Accepted.

Manchester United - £15.2M + Wes BROWN - Accepted.

Sunderland - £13.0M + Marco REUS - Accepted.

Newcastle United - £800k + Cristian ANSALDI - Accepted.

Wasn't able to mount a serious bid as Ashely's pulled the purse strings shut following recent big money arrivals. Looks to me between Manure and Ipswich.

The offer for Benoît ASSOU-EKOTTO of Lyon from Birmingham City has been accepted along with other club offers. Lyon will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

He in the bag,as l have the highest offer.

He will be a great addition and hopefully help me gain promotion to Div One again next season.Also play Man city in the semi finals of the cup,doubt l win,but it would be a real lift to achieve somethink this season.fingers crossed.

Does anyone have a 90+ Fwd available for sale? I have quite a wingers' date=' forwards, mids that I would be willing to p/e away in a deal.[/quote']

Players for sale at QPR. Need cash to rebuild the squad.

1. Juan Manuel Vargas- £15million

2. Javier Zanetti- 16million

3. Antonio Di Natale- £13million

4. Joe Cole (TB 29 MAR)- £11million

5. Peter Crouch- £10million

6. Luca Toni- £5million

Need bids ASAP so i can rebuild the squad.

Make a P/E bid and we can negotiate.

Can you wait for Crouch . I'd like him but i need to sell Pizarro first. So' date=' that's signal for everyone. Pizarro,90 rated CF available for just 8m.[/quote']

I wanna sell him as soon as possible so if you can get the cash in you'll get him. If someone gets a bid in earlier then hard luck.

The offer for Benoît ASSOU-EKOTTO of Lyon from Birmingham City has been accepted along with other club offers. Lyon will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

He in the bag' date='as l have the highest offer.[/b']

He will be a great addition and hopefully help me gain promotion to Div One again next season.Also play Man city in the semi finals of the cup,doubt l win,but it would be a real lift to achieve somethink this season.fingers crossed.

You have the only offer, i pulled out to pursue other targets...

Does anyone have a 90+ Fwd available for sale? I have quite a wingers' date=' forwards, mids that I would be willing to p/e away in a deal.[/quote']

Borriello and Palacio at Sheffield United. Need some depth if your interested :)

ec7046teamratings.jpg

Pipgib, any chance you could provide an explanation of what you've done here? I think I've asked this before in 106 but where does the 'rating' come from? It seems to bare no resemblance to any of the player ratings so how do you come up with this figure?

Also, where do the 'squad totals' come from? It looks like this and the 'Ave rating' (all other figures?) are using just the first team squads, is that correct? And if so then can the teams who put their high rated youth players in the youth squads really be compared to those that don't?

Just a bit more info would be great so we can understand what you've done here. :)

Pipgib' date=' any chance you could provide an explanation of what you've done here? I think I've asked this before in 106 but where does the 'rating' come from? It seems to bare no resemblance to any of the player ratings so how do you come up with this figure?

Also, where do the 'squad totals' come from? It looks like this and the 'Ave rating' (all other figures?) are using just the first team squads, is that correct? And if so then can the teams who put their high rated youth players in the youth squads really be compared to those that don't?

Just a bit more info would be great so we can understand what you've done here. :)[/quote']

Squad rating are based on first team squad members only i take the highest and lowest rating for goalkeepers,defenders,midfielders and attackers as well as the squad total the average age of the squad and the average rating of the squad add them together so in the case of Middlesbrough it comes to 824 divide that by 11 which give you a rating of 74.9

this was just a trail run will be doing another one in a few week for that one i will include the entire squads so it give a more accurate rating

YES!

Ganso has arrived. One of the biggest prospects in Football arrives at Wycombe. 19 M. Huge fee, yes, but it will pay off.

Cant believe only 2 legitmate teams went for him. A satisfying day for the fans of Wycombe.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D