The English (Mainly Premier) League Thread

Stuart H

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The English (Mainly Premier) League Thread

breaking news fabregas has confirmed he is staying at arsenal on skysportsnews :( godsake :mad::(:mad::mad::mad:

That was always going to happen, as Barca couldn't afford him.

It'd be good for Arsenal if you sold him for 50+ million, as you could maybe bring in some young gun in for 10 million and he'd compete with Wilshere for a place in the team.

But one more season to try and get himself into the history books at Arsenal.

Fabregas needs another season at Arsenal IMO. In London he will captain a very strong side who have a very good chance of winning something this year. If they stay fit they can contend for the title. At Barcelona he'd probably be a bench warmer which, at 22, would be very detrimental to his game. A move next summer is the best case scenario as Arsenal hopefully get some silverware this year and Xavi is starting to slow down.

hello guys, i need some help from some man utd expert..

is rafael going to be a starter next season? what do you expect his rate to be by the end of the season?

and also: is carrick likely to drop or stay?

because i've got some deal going one where i can cash money for rafael, sell carrick, get khedira (rated less than carrick but more likely to rise) and someone else, and on the right back i have santon already.. but i'll maybe keep all of them and give up on the german, what do you think?

hello guys' date=' i need some help from some man utd expert..

is rafael going to be a starter next season? what do you expect his rate to be by the end of the season?

and also: is carrick likely to drop or stay?

because i've got some deal going one where i can cash money for rafael, sell carrick, get khedira (rated less than carrick but more likely to rise) and someone else, and on the right back i have santon already.. but i'll maybe keep all of them and give up on the german, what do you think?[/quote']

Hardly a United expert but I'll give you my opinion :) Rafael should be a starter next season. If he is then he'll likely end up in the high 80s (88/89). Carrick will probably stay. He has done so far and would have to have a big drop in form/game time for his rating to suffer. I don't think anyone's knocking on the door that loudly for him to be that worried about his place in the team unless Hargreaves can stay fit, which I doubt.

Deal wise I'd definitely prefer Khedira to Carrick. I would however keep Rafael. IMO he's a bigger talent than Santon who is unlikely to get game time at Inter next year. Obviously preferably sell neither of the 2 but it depends on the rest of your squad :)

Hardly a United expert but I'll give you my opinion :) Rafael should be a starter next season. If he is then he'll likely end up in the high 80s (88/89). Carrick will probably stay. He has done so far and would have to have a big drop in form/game time for his rating to suffer. I don't think anyone's knocking on the door that loudly for him to be that worried about his place in the team unless Hargreaves can stay fit' date=' which I doubt.

Deal wise I'd definitely prefer Khedira to Carrick. I would however keep Rafael. IMO he's a bigger talent than Santon who is unlikely to get game time at Inter next year. Obviously preferably sell neither of the 2 but it depends on the rest of your squad :)[/quote']

oh sweet, thanks mate. i'll keep rafael then, although my being italian makes me prefer santon to him.. probably without the money from his sale i won't get to khedira, but if carrick stays than is ok.

Hart Conditions

England+U21+v+France+U21+3c0sYy_tPNhl.jpg

Last season Hart was one of the best (if not the best) keepers in the league for a pretty average Birmingham team. This season he has a chance to really push on and become one of the most desirable players in SM but it depends on a lot of things. If things work out well I think he can become 2nd only to Lloris in terms of young keepers. Big shout I know but I'll stand by it. Anyway' date=' what's up in the air?

[b']Starts for Manchester City[/b] He's got a tough start in having to overcome seasoned PL superstar Shay Given. If he can get the #1 shirt at City he shouldn't have any problems in getting the #1 for England and could finish the season as high as 91.

Shares the spot with Given If both stay at City this is the likely outcome. Hopefully he can get a decent number of games across several competitions and still get the international jersey. In this situation I'd say he'd finish the campaign around 90.

Moves away from City Could be another loan or even (hopefully not) a permanent move. Really depends where he goes. If it's Arsenal then he could get to 91ish, a mid-table club and it'd be around the 90 mark. If he plays regularly he should still get the England job.

Bench warms at City Worst case scenario. Only real situation where I can't see him playing for England and could sit the season out at 89.

I'd suggest the 2nd option is most likely. I don't think Given will be moved on just yet and City have the games to have 2 first choice keepers. If it's any of the first 3 I'd well recommend signing him with any SM team. He has the potential to be one of the world's top 3 young goalies.

It looks like it's option 1, starting at City. He was outstanding against Spurs and if City do as predicted I'd wager a 91 for him come the end of the season.

Talking goalkeepers, great young rising goalkeeper about in the Championship with Jason Steele. 'Boro are about to shift Brad Jones and Danny Coyne was hopeless against Ipswich so this 19 year old could get a chance this season. He played in the goalless draw at Leicester today and the CC tie against Chesterfield having good performances. He has England caps at several youth levels and is currently rated just 75! Of course 'Boro could bring in a new first choice but if Steele can hang onto the gloves then he'll be a very neat riser ;)

I just thought that I'd give people a list of players under a rating of 75 who look like they could be in for good rises from the lower leagues of England as it may help some people:

Championship:

Albert Adomah

Scott Barron

Nathan Cameron

Marvin Sordell

Will Atkinson

Wilfred Zaha

Kieran Cadogan

John Brayford

Ben Pringle

James Bailey

Andrew Crofts

Chris Dagnall

Sanchez Watt

Michail Antonio

Jason Steele

Joel Ward

Pete Gregory

Nadir Ciftci

Matt Ritchie

Matthew Lowton

Adam Barton

Joshua King

Danny Mayor

League One:

Andrew Bond

Jamie Smith

Paul Black

Dale Stephens

Chris Solly

Scott Wagstaff

Adam Collin

James Chester

James Berrett

Tom Taiwo

Jamie Smith

David Button

Lee Molyneux

Anton Peterlin

Liam Feeney

Anton Robinson

Jon Brain

Luke Freeman

Nana Ofori-Twumasi

Kelvin Langmead

Ian Henderson

Marcus Holness

Joe Thompson

Craig Dawson

Brian Barry-Murphy

Joe Collister

Ryan Fraughan

Damien Mccrory

Leon Legge

Myles Weston

Craig Westcarr

Jake Jervis

It's pointless doing League Two as most people will just rise to 70 as that is the average rating and therefore noone will make noone much money at all,hope that list helps someone,I appreciate all of these won't come off but most of them should.

what will happen to kieran gibbs?

Not sure at all. Can't get in the Arsenal side but making England appearances :confused:

Hard to say at this point but I'd suggest he'll rise in the next review and should certainly finish the season above 85. That said, Rafael is still (wrongly IMO) 86 and has far more games.

are there any 60-73 rated players aged 16-23 that are worth investing in?

Toon has a great list of lower league risers under your first post who should rise and will be lower rated. Premier League wise my tips are the following under 75 rating:

Frimpong (Arsenal) Not on DB yet but keep an eye out,

Albrighton (Villa)

Hanley (Blackburn)

Eaves (Bolton)

Woods (Chelsea)

Bruma (Chelsea)

Baxter (Everton)

Amoo (Liverpool)

Pacheco (Liverpool)

Ayala (Liverpool)

Ibrahim (Man City)

Cunningham (Man City)

Bebe (Man United)

Pogba (Man United) Again not on DB but a very exciting youngster.

Some should rise a fair bit this season, others are bigger talents with better players in front of them. Best on the list and DB at the moment is Bruma IMO.

Just thought I'd give you guys a quick update on the Championship/League One players,as League one and League Two aren't getting updated for a while people are now sending in tickets and SM are updating them this way as lower leagues are going to be reviewed less often,20 players have already rose and I have asked for Bond,Smith,Spencer and Brown to rise as they all play in one of my sides,still if anyone wants to ask the others to rise then feel free.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd give you guys a quick update on the Championship/League One players' date='as League one and League Two aren't getting updated for a while people are now sending in tickets and SM are updating them this way as lower leagues are going to be reviewed less often,20 players have already rose and I have asked for Bond,Smith,Spencer and Brown to rise as they all play in one of my sides,still if anyone wants to ask the others to rise then feel free.[/quote']

Craig Reid, Newport - i know it's not really worth a rise because he's still deserves a rise from 66 to say 68.

Anyway this thread needs to get back up and running and i'm going to start by naming a couple who've impressed at the start of the season (Mark Albrighton & Andy Carroll)

As for team profiles, i got Bolton done but we need to do all 20 by the end of the season - that's a good and realistic aim.

Andy Carroll - The World At His Feet

Andy+Carroll.jpeg

Three games into the league season and Newcastle United are doing very well, 1 win 1 draw and 1 defeat, not bad with what was a very tough first couple of games away to Manchester United and at home to Aston Villa. In those two games especially one name stood out above the rest and that wasn't a Kevin Nolan or a Jonas Gutierrez but lone forward Andy Carroll who's managed to transform a good season last year in the Championship into a good start this year. Last year most defences couldn't handle it and many last minute goals were the norm for Carroll as he helped Newcastle to promotion, now he's been given the chance he's taken it in the Premiership and 4 goals in 3 games has made him a major talking point and one of Newcastle United's most wanted players. He's now being talked up for an England call-up despite not being named in England's squad to play Bulgaria on Friday.

Goal Record:

2006/07 - 7 Games - 0 Goals

2007/08 - 6 Games - 0 Goals

2008/09 - 16 Games - 3 Goals

2009/10 - 42 Games - 19 Goals

From this goals just seem to have appeared into his game, but now they're there they're not just going to dissappear and he's the most recent young forward to break himself onto the England scene, and it wont be long before he gets his first England cap. Before him was the likes of Gabriel Agbonlahor and now he's playing regular Premiership football he could be what England are after Newcastle just need to stay up this season and then build on that and become a top half side for him to become a regular England international and he does indeed have the potential to be another famous number 9 in Newcastle.

Next Rating Prediction: 85 - 87/86

Malouda to 93 anyone?

if he keeps up his form

Definitely has a chance. Should perhaps have gone straight there from 91 last time if SM are going to be rating the PL more often. He's been awesome so far for Chelsea and is becoming a key player for them :)

Definitely has a chance. Should perhaps have gone straight there from 91 last time if SM are going to be rating the PL more often. He's been awesome so far for Chelsea and is becoming a key player for them :)

Ye agreed, he's crucial for Chelsea these days. Him, Lampard, Drogba & Anelka will score more goals for Chelsea then relegation candidates will dream of from a squad of 25. I think he's got to be favoured for a 93.

Ye agreed' date=' he's crucial for Chelsea these days. Him, Lampard, Drogba & Anelka will score more goals for Chelsea then relegation candidates will dream of from a squad of 25. I think he's got to be favoured for a 93.[/quote']

Anelka got the 92 -> 93 last season, Malouda must get it this time.

Anelka got the 92 -> 93 last season' date=' [b']Malouda must get it this time.[/b]

Never say that kind of thing in ratings threads; it only comes back and bites you ;) Try: Malouda should certainly or SM are idiots get it this time :P Anelka was the league's top scorer when he rose...

Never say that kind of thing in ratings threads; it only comes back and bites you ;) Try: Malouda should certainly or SM are idiots get it this time :PAnelka was the league's top scorer when he rose...

The top scorer he was, but with an unremarkable tally (in terms of what we saw at the same satge in the last five or so years), and Malouda is a must for the French National team.

I'm committed to my predictions, and either I got it grossly wrong or SM effed up (guess which has happened more ;)), and if Malouda isn't rated 93 in 5 months time he'll either have a broken something or SM still won't have gotten around to England!

Archived