The English (Mainly Premier) League Thread

Stuart H

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The English (Mainly Premier) League Thread

Zhirkov... yep - he's almost 100% sure -1 dropper. I know that and my question is going further.

What can happen to Zhirkov in terms of rating after his drop? Can he keep 91? How long? Will he move? Has he any chances to regain his 92?

I know only (or I expect basing on my knowledge) that he can do another -1 so it can be 92>91>90. That's what I'd expect.

But please try to help and light it out if you feel wise enough in that matter.

Zhirkov... yep - he's almost 100% sure -1 dropper. I know that and my question is going further.

What can happen to Zhirkov in terms of rating after his drop? Can he keep 91? How long? Will he move? Has he any chances to regain his 92?

I know only (or I expect basing on my knowledge) that he can do another -1 so it can be 92>91>90. That's what I'd expect.

But please try to help and light it out if you feel wise enough in that matter.

I can't see him regaining his 92 whilst at Chelsea to be honest,I have seen him play against Newcastle in the League Cup and he was quite easily the worst player on the pitch that night,his touch was poor and he seemed to lack a lot of confidence when taking on a man or trying to find a team mate with a pass,he looks a shadow of the player he was when he was playing for Russia in EURO 2008 which is a shame as he looked like a fantastic player back then,I think he will definitely drop to 90 by the end of the season as his backup to Cole in the Left Back position and behind Malouda and Benayoun in the pecking order for the Winger position,I remember Kalou dropping to 90 and he was playing a lot more than Zhirkov is now and I think that Zhirkov will probably leave Chelsea next summer and go back to Russia or another European side.

I can't see him regaining his 92 whilst at Chelsea to be honest' date='I have seen him play against Newcastle in the League Cup and he was quite easily the worst player on the pitch that night,his touch was poor and he seemed to lack a lot of confidence when taking on a man or trying to find a team mate with a pass,he looks a shadow of the player he was when he was playing for Russia in EURO 2008 which is a shame as he looked like a fantastic player back then,I think he will definitely drop to 90 by the end of the season as his backup to Cole in the Left Back position and behind Malouda and Benayoun in the pecking order for the Winger position,I remember Kalou dropping to 90 and he was playing a lot more than Zhirkov is now and I think that Zhirkov will probably leave Chelsea next summer and go back to Russia or another European side.[/quote']

if he moves next summer - can you see him playing well in other club or rather he's going to stay 90-high 80's rated player permanently?

if he moves next summer - can you see him playing well in other club or rather he's going to stay 90-high 80's rated player permanently?

He's got the ability to stay in the 90s at the right club. Chelsea isn't the right club. He doesn't play often and isn't great when he does get on the pitch. He should only drop by 1 this time but you can be an average Chelsea reserve and be rated 90. He'll go down again unless he gets game-time or a move.

He's got the ability to stay in the 90s at the right club. Chelsea isn't the right club. He doesn't play often and isn't great when he does get on the pitch. He should only drop by 1 this time but you can be an average Chelsea reserve and be rated 90. He'll go down again unless he gets game-time or a move.

thank you, I think I know now what I wanted to know about him.

Repped both of you

what do you think will happen to scott dann ' date=' darren fletcher , laurent konscienly and hart rating wise[/quote']

what I think can happen next rating changes:

fletcher 92 >> 92/93

koscielny 88 >> 89/90

hart 89 >> 90 (and another +1 probably at rating changes at the end of the season)

what do you think will happen to scott dann ' date=' darren fletcher , laurent konscienly and hart rating wise[/quote']

Me and Andy will get round to reviewing everyone in the league in due course.

I'd say Dann will likely stay with a small chance of a +1 to 87. He's played every game for Birmingham but they aren't doing wonderfully and he's already at the defence's average rating of 86. Good player mind.

Fletcher is another ever present but I'd say he'd be lucky to get to 93 (though there is a small chance). He'd become United's best rated midfielder which isn't right unless Nani gets an unbelievably unlikely +2.

Konscienly should certainly hit 89 now. A 90 is likely later on in the season if he maintains his starting role once Vermaelen returns from injury.

Hart is rated a little bit previously. I've put him as a 90/91 but if he keeps this up he'll definitely be at least 91 come the end of the season.

In brackets and bold added

Arsenal: In - (Sebastian Squillaci) Marouane Chamakh, Laurent Koscielny. Out - Eduardo, Philippe Senderos, Fran Merida,(Luke Ayling)(Francis Coquelin loan)(Sol Campbell)(Sanchez Watt loan)(Kyle Bartley loan)(Luke Freeman Loan)(Jay Simpson)(MIkael Silvestre)(William Gallas)(Armand Traore loan)(Nacer Barazite loan)

Aston Villa: In-(Stephen Ireland)

Out-(Wilfred Bouma, Andy Marshall and Marlon Harewood released)(Stephen O'Halloran)(Nicky Shorey)(James Milner)(Harry Forrester loan)

Birmingham: In - Ben Foster, Nikola Zigic, Enric Vallès (Matt Derbyshire)(Martin Jiranek)(Alex Hleb)(Jean Beausejour). Out - Cristian Benitez, Gary McSheffrey,Artur Krysiak, (Lee Carsley, Franck Queudrue and Gregory Vignal released) Jake Jervis,Robin Shroot, Luke Hubbins, Colin Doyle, Marcus Bent loan,

Blackburn Rovers:In-Mame Biram Diouf loan, Benjani Out - Steven Reid(Marcus Marshall , Andrew Haworth , Yildary Basturk , Michael Hall) , Nick Blackman , Zurab Khizanishvili , Maceo Rigters loan.

Blackpool:In-Dekel Keinan , Craig Cathcart , Ludovic Sylvestre, Elliot Grandin, Malaury Martin, Luke Varney, Matt Phillips, DJ Campbell. Out - Ben BurgessAl Bangura, Joe Martin, Danny Mitchley, Hameur Bouazza and Daniel NardielloStephen McPhee retired

Bolton Wanderers: In - Martin Petrov, Robbie BlakeMarcos Alonso , Ivan Klasnic, Tom Eaves(Rodrigo Moreno loan) Out-Ricardo Vaz Te, Zoltan Harsanyi, Stuart McDonald and Chris Stokes, Nicky Hunt, Chris Basham(Al-Habsi loan)

Chelsea: In - Yossi BenayounTomas Kalas, Ramires. Out - Micheal Ballack, Joe ColeJuliano Belletti, Miroslav Stoch, Scott Sinclair, Ricardo Carvalho, Franco Di Santo, Deco,Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasiloans Rhys Taylor , Tomas Kalas, Danny Philliskirk, Ryan Bertrand, Ben Gordon,Jack Cork

Everton: In - Jermaine Beckford, João Silva, Jan MuchaMagaye Gueye Out - Dan GoslingJohn Ruddy,Lukas Jutkiewiczloan Joseph Yobo

Fulham: In - Philippe Senderos, Jonathan GreeningMoussa Dembele,Rafik Halliche,Carlos Salcido,Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic. Out - Chris Smalling Wayne Brown, Erik Nevland, Andranik, Wesley Foderingham, Toni Kallio, Luca Moscatiello, King Osei-Gyan, Dan Owusu, Michael Uwezu,Chris Buchtmann, Elliot Omozusi ,Stefan Payne, Paul Konchesky

Liverpool: In - Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Danny WilsonJonjo Shelvey, Christian Poulsen, Brad Jones,Raul Meireles, Paul Konchesky. Out - Yossi

Benayoun, Alberto Riera, Mikel San Jose

Manchester City: In - Jerome Boateng, David Silva, Yaya ToureAlex Henshall, Alexandar Kolarov, Mario Balotelli, James Milner. Out - Martin Petrov, Valeri Bojinov

Manchester United: In - Javier Hernández, Chris Smalling, Bebe. Out - Zoran Tosic, Ben Foster

Newcastle United: In - Dan GoslingJames Perch, Sol Campbell, Cheik Tiote, Loan Hatem Ben Arfa

Stoke City: Out - Ibrahima Sonko, Kenwyne Jones, Florent Cuvelier, Jon Walters, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Marc Wilson (loan Jermaine Pennant)

Sunderland: In - Titus Bramble, Cristian Riveros, Simon Mignolet(loan Ahmed Al-Muhammadi, John Mensah, Nedum Onouha) Marcos Angeleri,Asamoah Gyan . Out - Lorik Cana, Daryl Murphy

Tottenham Hotspur: In - Sandro(loanStipe Pletikosa) Rafael van der Vaart (Van Der Star:))

West Brom: In - Gabriel Sebastian Tamas, Pablo Ibañez, Steven Reid Boaz Myhill, Nicky Shorey, Peter Odemwingie, Marc-Antoine Fortune, Paul Scharmer, Craig Dawson Out - Jonathan Greening

West Ham United: In - Thomas Hitzlsperger, Frederic Piquionne, Pablo Barrera.(loan Tal Ben Haim, Victor Obinna) Winston Reid

Wigan Athletic: In - James McArthur, Antolín Alcaraz, Mauro Boselli (Loan Ali Al-Habsi, Tom Cleverley) Ronnie Stam, Stephen Caldwell, Franco Di Santo. Out - Titus Bramble, Tomasz Cywka

Wolves: In - Stephen Hunt, Steven Mouyokolo, Steven Fletcher, Jelle Van Damme Adlène Guedioura, Jake Cassidy (loan Michael Mancienne, Marcus Bent) Out - Chris Iwelumo. Out - Eduardo, Philippe Senderos, Fran Merida

There are loads of outs from Liverpool onwards if needed

ahhh ok then ' date=' anything on dann and javier hernandez and giovani dos santos ??[/quote']

I've written my thought's on Dann below/above depending on your viewing format :P

Hernandez will likely have done enough to get to 88 by the time the ratings come.

Giovani has made a few Spurs appearances and with his good World Cup may hit 87.

All more or less spot on from all the predictions' date=' just saying that if a player is injury they will not drop ... Bosingwa/Gordon.

But other then that nice start to the predictions :)[/quote']

The thing with Gordon is that Mignolet has been in such good form that he might not get back in,Gordon was dropped for Fulop quite a lot last season and personally I think Mignolet is better than Gordon but with Gordon been injured which is why he hasn't played then I don't know who Bruce will prefer so I've erred on the side of caution.

Archived