The English (Mainly Premier) League Thread

Stuart H

Re: The English (Mainly Premier) League Thread

i think zhirkov got the ability to maintain his 92' date=' not enough time

but it's a good thing to have 2 good lb in chelsea(which is rare...)

maybe ahshely will be injured again?[/quote']

Before he joined Chelsea he was playing around a 92 standard. However, he's rarely if ever shown that ability in England so for him to keep his 92 would be unjust unless, as you say, he picks up a lot of minutes between now and the next ratings.

The thing with Gordon is that Mignolet has been in such good form that he might not get back in' date='Gordon was dropped for Fulop quite a lot last season and personally I think Mignolet is better than Gordon but with Gordon been injured which is why he hasn't played then I don't know who Bruce will prefer so I've erred on the side of caution.[/quote']

Same applies for Bosingwa. Chelsea's defence is solid (they've conceded 2 goals in 7 games and haven't conceded at Stamford Bridge yet) so why fix something that isn't broken? I see what SJ's saying though.

Rooney and Torres for a -1?

Very tricky and I wouldn't want to stick my neck on the line and say either will definitely drop. Both have a strong chance of going down though. Ratings are supposedly based over 2 seasons in which case they're both deserving of the 96 however, since the last ratings, both have been terrible. I'd give a prediction of 96/95 for both. Spain's World Cup win and United's league position may well be enough to save them.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Villa888

Re: Respuesta: The English (Mainly Premier) League Thread

How much will kolarov rise?

Honestly I don't see him rising. He's only played 1 game this season, so he'll be very fortunate.

Re: Respuesta: The English (Mainly Premier) League Thread

Hi!! What do you thing about Ryan Babel? Is possible he will drop a point?

Sorry for my english! Thanks!

Very possible that he'll drop. Only played in 2 games for a very poor Liverpool side.

How much will kolarov rise?

He won't unless the ratings are some way in the future. He got injured in his first game for City and has been out ever since. He should be returning soon though :) He's well worth keeping hold of anyway. He will be first choice left-back and should be able to become 90+ at City.

Just thought I'd say to avoid any potential confusion in the future that these predictions were based on the Premier League table on 15th October 2010 which was as follows:

1 Chelsea 7 18

2 Man City 7 14

3 Man Utd 7 13

4 Arsenal 7 11

5 Tottenham 7 11

6 West Brom 7 11

7 Stoke 7 10

8 Aston Villa 7 10

9 Blackpool 7 10

10 Fulham 7 9

11 Sunderland 7 8

12 Bolton 7 8

13 Blackburn 7 8

14 Wigan 7 8

15 Newcastle 7 7

16 Birmingham 7 7

17 Everton 7 6

18 Liverpool 7 6

19 Wolverhampton 7 5

20 West Ham 7 5

This may seem stupid but give it 3-4 weeks and people will be saying why was Liverpool one of the last to be reviewed etc.

Will these guys rise?

Jerome Boateng

Andrew Carrol

Tom Huddlestone

Chris Smalling

Sorry if they have already been mentioned.

Boateng will stay as Stuart has pointed out,Carroll will get a +1 as his been poor except for the first three games so won't get the +2 I thought he could have got,Huddlestone will probably rise to 90 now Spurs have ECL football and his started every game this season as well so he should rise,as for Smalling he hasn't played so therefore there's no reason for him to rise.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would get this thread up and running again. I would just like to hear everyone's view on Leighton Baines, I personally think that he should rise if Everton keep up their form. What does everyone else think?

Also I have heard that Landon Donnovan will be coming back to goodison in January.

Thought I would get this thread up and running again. I would just like to hear everyone's view on Leighton Baines' date=' I personally think that he should rise if Everton keep up their form. What does everyone else think?

Also I have heard that Landon Donnovan will be coming back to goodison in January.[/quote']

For Baines, i think he's more likely to stay at 89 then to rise this time, but it's certainly a possibility.

As for Donovan, i wouldn't be the least bit suprised if he rejoin Everton, in the summer (or maybe January) you really do need to complete the signing of him permanantly, he added so much to your team last year and i'm sure he'd happily say goodbye to the MLS.

As for Donovan' date=' i wouldn't be the least bit suprised if he rejoin Everton, in the summer (or maybe January) you really do need to complete the signing of him permanantly, he added so much to your team last year and i'm sure he'd happily say goodbye to the MLS.[/quote']

It's not the fact that Everton don't want to sign him and him not wanting to join. It is the fact that he is the most high profile American footballer and it would be a massive blow to the development of the league if he was to join Everton.

There is also the problem of finding the cash but I would happily sell off players such as Bilyaletdinov as Donovan was much more effective in his time here than Bily has been.

Hopefully I will be seeing this at Goodison sometime in the near future:

landon-donovan-everton.jpg

• 1 month later...

bit out of my price range there' date=' Im talking 500k[/quote']

Of the RBs yet to be reviewed under £500k we have:

James Tavernier (Newcastle) - Sat on the bench twice in August and played 90 minutes in the League Cup in Newcastle's loss to Peterborough. Doubt he'll rise.

Adam Smith (Tottenham) - Has 10 full games at Bournemouth but I'm not sure if SM will that into account. If they do he'll certainly go up from his 72. He's only £50k so worth the risk.

Shaleum Logan (Manchester City) - No minutes for City this season. Has played a lot of minutes for Tranmere since his last change but as he's already a 77 I doubt he'll go up.

Craig Eastmond (Arsenal) - No PL minutes but 107 in the League Cup and 59 in the Champions League. I think he'll go up, possibly +2.

Gavin Hoyte (Arsenal) - Done nothing. Won't rise.

Jeffrey Bruma (Chelsea) - Easily the pick of the bunch. Has a handful of PL minutes, full League Cup and Champions League games and even a call up to the Dutch national side. He'll rise by at least 2 and has big future potential too.

Reece Brown (Manchester United) - Has had 3 starts at Bradford. Won't rise as the League 2 'rating cap' is his current rating of 75.

Hey, Stuart, id like your Opinion on Nicky Ajose 19yo Fwd/wing, hes a M.Utd player but atm on loan at Bury in the premiership and is doing pretty good, Bury is currently 3rd in the league, and Ajose player 700 minutes scoring 6 goals.

I dont know much about english football, but heard hes a good prospect, what do you think?

Hey' date=' Stuart, id like your Opinion on Nicky [b']Ajose[/b] 19yo Fwd/wing, hes a M.Utd player but atm on loan at Bury in the premiership and is doing pretty good, Bury is currently 3rd in the league, and Ajose player 700 minutes scoring 6 goals.

I dont know much about english football, but heard hes a good prospect, what do you think?

I'm afraid I don't know anything about him :o Try swanseajack or GeorgeECFC who know a bit more about the lower leagues :)

Hey' date=' Stuart, id like your Opinion on Nicky [b']Ajose[/b] 19yo Fwd/wing, hes a M.Utd player but atm on loan at Bury in the premiership and is doing pretty good, Bury is currently 3rd in the league, and Ajose player 700 minutes scoring 6 goals.

He's doing well at Bury, i wouldn't say he's worth a buy - but he's worth keeping in a competitive gameworld - i'd say it'll be a while before he'll earn a rise though.

Archived