Egypt is FINALLY being reviewed!! Risers here.

BigGameMo

So SM has FINALLY decided to answer our prayers and at least review the Egyptian Premier League (whether or not they'll add more teams as I asked is another story). This thread will be a quick guide for those managers who just want to go through and pickup the biggest risers from the EPL. Additionally, if anybody has any questions about any players in the Egyptian Premier League (I can already forsee people asking me about Amr Zaki's rating), you can go ahead and ask me here as well.

+6 Risers

Ahmed Ali Kamel (74 - 83/84) (83)

Salah Ashour (74 - 82) (78)

Cofie Bekoe (75 - 82) (82)

Ahmed Ali (76 - 82) (80)

+4/+5 Risers

Ahmed Adel (77 - 82/81) (82)

Rami Sabry (75 - 80) (No Rise*)

Mahmoud Abdel Aati (78 - 82) (80)

Ahmed Assem (77 - 81) (80)

Ahmed Shoukri (78 - 82) (80)

Alaa Kamal (78 - 82) (80)

Minusu Buba (80 - 83/84/85) (83)

+2/+3 Risers

Mohamed Talaat (75 - 77/78) (77)

Mohamad Abdel Shafi (82 - 84) (84)

Sabri Rahil (78 - 80/81) (No Rise*)

Abdul Hamid Sami (77 - 80) (80)

Eric Bekoe (83 - 85) (84)

Amr Hassan (80 - 83) (No Rise*)

Ibrahim Abdel Gawad (77 - 80) (No Rise*)

Mahdi Soliman (76 - 79) (77)

Mohamed Gaber (80 - 83) (No Rise*)

Mohamed El Etrawy (80 - 83) (No Rise*)

Amr El Sulaya (80 - 83/84) (83)

Alaa Ali (80 - 82/83) (No Rise)

Ali Farag (78 - 81) (No Rise...Yet)

Karim Zekry (82 - 84/83) (No Rise)

Ahmed Hassan Mekki (80 - 83/82) (83)

Players who I've put a "No Rise*" by their name are players who definitely deserved to rise but were overlooked due to SM's hasty and careless review of the Egyptian League. You may send a ticket in for these player and see if SM will do anything to correct their mistakes, but if not, I apologize, and will probably stick to reviewing Al Ahly, Zamalek, and Ismaily SC next time around, in addition to like "definite" big risers like Cofie Bekoe or Salah Ashour (who was definitely undervalued by SM, just like the majority of the Egyptian league & its players).

Re: Egypt is FINALLY being reviewed!! Risers here.

I believe that midfielder Amr El Sulaya of Ismaily could be in for a rise of 80-82/3 after 2382 minutes for the third placed team. The only issue is that some stats actually list a player with the same D.O.B called 'Amr Soleya'. However I sent a ticket and SM seem convinced they are the same player, so I'll stick by seeing what others think of this lad?

I believe that midfielder Amr El Sulaya of Ismaily could be in for a rise of 80-82/3 after 2382 minutes for the third placed team. The only issue is that some stats actually list a player with the same D.O.B called 'Amr Soleya'. However I sent a ticket and SM seem convinced they are the same player' date=' so I'll stick by seeing what others think of this lad?[/quote']

Good research, they are indeed the same person. Added, along with Mohamed El Etrawy, Alaa Kamal, and Ali Farag (one of my person favorites from this year since I've actually gotten to watch him go beast mode as a GK).

Guest Higgy

Ali Farag (78 - 83)

I Agree with almost all of the predictions, they are similar to mine which is always a good sign, but I cannot see why you think Ali Farag should get such a big rating increase? Having only participated in 3 full games :confused:

Sure, he was nothing short of amazing when he played, but I fail to see why he should get a +5 for just 3 games while Kameni Martini and Modiri are injured.

I Agree with almost all of the predictions' date=' they are similar to mine which is always a good sign, but I cannot see why you think Ali Farag should get such a big rating increase? Having only participated in 3 full games :confused:

Sure, he was nothing short of amazing when he played, but I fail to see why he should get a +5 for just 3 games while Kameni Martini and Modiri are injured.[/quote']

Hmm, you're right, for some reason I thought he'd taken over as the #1 GK for HeH since I never saw Kamini's name whenever I checked out HeH's games. Thing is, he started for HeH for the entirety of the Egyptian Cup (I don't think either transfermarkt or IMScouting keeps stats for that), and then started for the Super Cup this past weekend...so HeH could be seriously considering him for the #1 spot.

I also can't seem to find Modiri's name on HeH's roster on IMScouting or transfermarkt...I think they decided to let him go in favor of making Farag the #2 keeper and promoting Mohamed Saied.

I think a 78 - 81 might be more appropriate. Although I still wouldn't be surprised to see him get a 82 or even 83.

Guest Higgy

Hmm' date=' you're right, for some reason I thought he'd taken over as the #1 GK for HeH since I never saw Kamini's name whenever I checked out HeH's games. Thing is, he started for HeH for the entirety of the Egyptian Cup (I don't think either transfermarkt or IMScouting keeps stats for that), and then started for the Super Cup this past weekend...so HeH could be seriously considering him for the #1 spot.

I also can't seem to find Modiri's name on HeH's roster on IMScouting or transfermarkt...I think they decided to let him go in favor of making Farag the #2 keeper and promoting Mohamed Saied.

I think a 78 - 81 might be more appropriate. Although I still wouldn't be surprised to see him get a 82 or even 83.[/quote']

I'm a Haras El Hedoud fan, so I've seen him play and yes he's been amazing. But, the only reason he's been starting is because Kamini is injured. However his performances will certainly help his call for more game time. I think 81/80 would be a fair rating for now though.

Just found Karim Zekry (or Zekri, depending where you look) of Petrojet. SM records him as being at Zamalek but he looks to have moved to Petrojet late two seasons ago where he played a fair bit late on.

This last season just gone (his first full with Petrojet) he has played 25 games and amassed a total of 2,217 minutes. Although he may only rise one point, I feel he deserved a larger rise of 82-84/3 since they are the fourth placed team and this is his first time as a regular.

I am happy to be corrected by those who follow the league though.:)

Just found Karim Zekry (or Zekri' date=' depending where you look) of Petrojet. SM records him as being at Zamalek but he looks to have moved to Petrojet late two seasons ago where he played a fair bit late on.

This last season just gone (his first full with Petrojet) he has played 25 games and amassed a total of 2,217 minutes. Although he may only rise one point, I feel he deserved a larger rise of 82-84/3 since they are the fourth placed team and this is his first time as a regular.

I am happy to be corrected by those who follow the league though.:)[/quote']

Ya I was considering adding Karim Zekry, but considering how bad SM is with dealing with players who don't play for the big three (Al Ahly/Zamalek SC/Ismaily SC), I thought I'd avoid the risk in case I turned out wrong. Also a factor in my decision to leave him off was that Petrojet did very well the first half of the season, challenging for the title, but faded badly in the second half of the season.

82 - 84/83 is a legitimate prediction though, so I will add him to the list with that.

Fair comments there, I apologise if I am indeed incorrect. I know that I also try and stick to risers from bigger clubs of lesser known leagues because, as you say SM can be very inconsistent with the 'smaller' clubs.

Can I also ask, is veteran Wael Gomaa still on course to maintain his 86 rating until the next changes at the end of this coming season? Obviously at his age he isn't going to rise, but just want to confirm he will keep the rating this time out? His stats seem to suggest he was just as active as ever last season as Ahly took the title.

thanks but it said this:

Appearances this season for Ismaily SC in the Egyptian Premier League / A total of:

No performance data have been saved for this team

all i want to do is look at the minutes for ali kamel, sabry, bekoe, ahmed ali.

i check all the risers i want to sign usually and thanks for the suggestion but it stil isn't working for me :(

thanks but it said this:

Appearances this season for Ismaily SC in the Egyptian Premier League / A total of:

No performance data have been saved for this team

all i want to do is look at the minutes for ali kamel' date=' sabry, bekoe, ahmed ali.

i check all the risers i want to sign usually and thanks for the suggestion but it stil isn't working for me :([/quote']

My bad mate, forget it does that between seasons. Select a specific player and click on his name which will take you to his personal page. From there, select the 'performance data' option in the top left corner. When you get on to that there's a dialog box at the bottom with the title 'choose data from another season' and a drop down box. Select the most recent (or whichever you want) from the drop down box and click 'show'. That will bring up his stats for that season. Hope that helps!:)

My bad mate' date=' forget it does that between seasons. Select a specific player and click on his name which will take you to his personal page. From there, select the 'performance data' option in the top left corner. When you get on to that there's a dialog box at the bottom with the title 'choose data from another season' and a drop down box. Select the most recent (or whichever you want) from the drop down box and click 'show'. That will bring up his stats for that season. Hope that helps!:)[/quote']

thanks that did help, how i didnt work that out for myself before shows im a bit slow i think ! ;)

Ahmed Ali (76 - 82)

apparently he plays for enppi and got only 3 games ?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ali-mohamed/leistungsdaten/spieler_114267.html

just thought id ask about that ive probably got the wrong player.

great thread and thanks for the help on transfermarkt btw :)

Fair comments there' date=' I apologise if I am indeed incorrect. I know that I also try and stick to risers from bigger clubs of lesser known leagues because, as you say SM can be very inconsistent with the 'smaller' clubs.

Can I also ask, is veteran Wael Gomaa still on course to maintain his 86 rating until the next changes at the end of this coming season? Obviously at his age he isn't going to rise, but just want to confirm he will keep the rating this time out? His stats seem to suggest he was just as active as ever last season as Ahly took the title.[/quote']

Wael Gomaa was superb in 09/10. I think he was the best defender at the ACN 2010, made Africa's Best XI, and won the CAF African Defender of the Year for 2009 and 2010. And he was the impenetrable rock in Al-Ahly's defense. If I were SM, I'd give him a raise 89/90, but I know SM would never do that, so he'll probably either stay or get a +1. But you definitely don't have to worry about his rating dropping anytime soon.

rooneyisyummy: follow Toon's instructions and you'll be fine, all the stats are there. and yes, you have the wrong Ahmed Ali, the one I'm talking about plays for Al Ahly (but is now on loan to Ittihad Alexandria).

New +8 riser added, Salah Ashour. Young striker who plays for El Shorta now, I didn't think he'd be on the DB because none of El Shorta's players are on the DB, but apparently he was added when he was playing with ENPPI and hasn't had a raise since then. Solid stats: Scored 5 goals, started 15 games, played a total of 1367 minutes, finished joint 2nd top scorer at his club, and helped El Shorta finish in 4th place, which is a remarkable finish for a team as small as El Shorta.

And it only gets better because he's only 22 years, meaning a move up to Al Ahly or abroad are very legitimate options...although he has to continue improving his game at the rate it has been improving at to get there.

Get him now before he's gone!

So SM has FINALLY decided to answer our prayers and at least review the Egyptian Premier League (whether or not they'll add more teams as I asked is another story). This thread will be a quick guide for those managers who just want to go through and pickup the biggest risers from the EPL. Additionally' date=' if anybody has any questions about any players in the Egyptian Premier League (I can already forsee people asking me about Amr Zaki's rating), you can go ahead and ask me here as well.[/b']

+6 Risers

Ahmed Ali Kamel (74 - 83/84)

Salah Ashour (74 - 82)

Cofie Bekoe (75 - 82)

Ahmed Ali (76 - 82)

+4/+5 Risers

Ahmed Adel (77 - 82/81)

Rami Sabry (75 - 80)

Mahmoud Abdel Aati (78 - 82)

Ahmed Assem (77 - 81)

Ahmed Shoukri (78 - 82)

Alaa Kamal (78 - 82)

+2/+3 Risers

Mohamed Talaat (75 - 77/78)

Mohamad Abdel Shafi (82 - 84)

Sabri Rahil (78 - 81)

Abdul Hamid Sami (77 - 80)

Eric Bekoe (83 - 85)

Mohamed Shaaban (82 - 84)

Amr Hassan (80 - 83)

Ibrahim Abdel Gawad (77 - 80)

Mahdi Soliman (76 - 79)

Mohamed Gaber (80 - 83)

Mohamed El Etrawy (80 - 83)

Amr El Sulaya (80 - 82/83)

Alaa Ali (80 - 82/83)

Ali Farag (78 - 81)

Karim Zekry (82 - 84/83)

Although I'm fairly certain about the accuracy of these lists, if you disagree with any of the the predicted rises, or think there might be a significant riser that I've missed, please let me know. I will probably add more risers later on when I look at last year's stats more closely, so don't forget to check back!

good work geezer! that should make me a nicw bit of cash

Is Mohamed Gedo in for a rise? He looked like a decent player when Egypt won the ACN. Not heard much of him since

Well he would've been due for a decent rise had he been in the DB prior to the ACN, but unfortunately he was added at a very high 85, and really hadn't been up to the standard of an 85-rated striker in the EPL 09/10 season until the Egyptian Cup rolled around, where he put in a few good final performances for Ittihad Alexandria.

His move to Al Ahly in the summer was an okay-ish move, not the European move everyone wanted but still a step up from Ittihad Alexandria. However, his transfer has been surrounded by controversy since he opted out of a deal with Zamalek earlier in the year, and so he has not been able to play while both Al Ahly and Zamalek wait for a resolution to the case.

I don't predict him rising, his stats actually don't look that bad but definitely not 86-rated-in-the-EPL striker material. That said, I don't predict him dropping either, so you don't have to worry about that.

Shehab Ahmed was recently added to the DB...as always, Al Ahly's roster has to be fully up to date but the rest of the EPL isn't too important :rolleyes:...in any case, at age 19 and rating 77, he could be a good prospect to pick up, even if I doubt he'll be in for a rise so soon after being added. He scored 2 goals in 11 matches, but only started 3 of those and totalled 390 minutes for Al Ahly. Another thing that will probably work against him in the long run is that there are currently 14 different players who can play in the midfield at Al Ahly (if you take out Ahmed Fathi and Gedo, its 12) and Al Ahly normally plays a 4-4-2, so you go ahead and do the math on his chances of featuring prominently next season.

On a brighter note, Al Ahly chose to let go of Gilberto instead of Amir Sayoud, the 19 year old winger. He was given the #21, which could mean that he impressed in Kuwait and Al Ahly will look to play him more this season. We'll see.

New +8 riser added' date=' [b']Salah Ashour[/b]. Young striker who plays for El Shorta now, I didn't think he'd be on the DB because none of El Shorta's players are on the DB, but apparently he was added when he was playing with ENPPI and hasn't had a raise since then. Solid stats: Scored 5 goals, started 15 games, played a total of 1367 minutes, finished joint 2nd top scorer at his club, and helped El Shorta finish in 4th place, which is a remarkable finish for a team as small as El Shorta.

And it only gets better because he's only 22 years, meaning a move up to Al Ahly or abroad are very legitimate options...although he has to continue improving his game at the rate it has been improving at to get there.

Get him now before he's gone!

mate, do you know any risers from 72