Russian and Ukraine Player Analysis

kitey

Re: Russian and Ukraine Player Analysis

Any help you guys? :)

With the situation in Ukraine, especially in Donetsk I even wonder next season in which division will Shakhtar play....And if Ukraine Premier league fail to start what will happent to all this players? It's bad situation there right now....

With the situation in Ukraine' date=' especially in Donetsk I even wonder next season in which division will Shakhtar play....And if Ukraine Premier league fail to start what will happent to all this players? It's bad situation there right now....[/quote']

Yep, if you follow poiltics, teams situated in donetsk and kharkov (Shakhtar and Metallist) are under questions whether they are going to play in UPL next season. Lucesku (Shaktar manager) already left the club and will become a new Galatasaray coach!

Well' date=' Russia's weakest position has always been the CB one in the last 5 years. V.Berezutskiy and Ignashevich are in no doubt the main centre-backs for Russia. I am also a bit surprised that Smolnikov haven't made it but that's understandable if you look at the last Zenit games, where Anyukov was the man playing as a RB. [b']Semenov, Gazinskiy, Kanunnikov, Pogrebnyak, Bystrov/Ionov (one of them, not 100% sure on this one),Mogilevets and maybe Shatov won't make to the last 23.[/b] (That is my predicition, you can expect anything from Capello). He may not be the best coach suited for Russia but his work is noticable if compare it with Advocat's for example and the fact that Russia will be playing in the World Cup for the first time in 12 years speaks in defence of Fabio's successes with our National Team. If we reach 1/4 final, i would treat it as a massive achievement!

I agree with you for most of the players that won't make it to Brazil. Fantastic that Capello has the foresight to include young players like Mogilevets though but surely he's not ready for such a big stage so soon? Personally I don't think A.Berezutskiy would normally make make the final selection due to his lack of game time, but as you say, Russia doesn't have a huge choice right now!

Speaking of which, Euginka, who in your opinion will be Russia's CBs for the future? I remember that Taras Burlak was being touted as Russia's next big CB but he never had much of a chance at Lokomotiv and is now at Rubin who had a very poor season by their standards.

Regarding Russia's chances at the World Cup, I actually think they could be one of the few European teams that do well. They are in the only group where all 4 teams come from above the tropics so no-one will have much of a climate advantage & for several players this will probably their last chance of playing at the WC. We will see,,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Felt sorry for Igor Akinfeev after his poor showing against South Korea but a GK of his standing should perform better.

After Rob Green in 2010 Copello must be wondering what it is with him and goalkeepers at world cups lol!!

It wouldn't surprise me if Yuri Lodygin plays against the Belgians instead of Akinfeev, especially if his confidence has been affected.

Surprised that Alan Dzagoev didn't start and the fact that Vaseli Berezutsky helped CSKA win the RPL and is now captain of his national team makes the -1 drop SM gave him even more embarrassing.

Felt sorry for Igor Akinfeev after his poor showing against South Korea but a GK of his standing should perform better.

After Rob Green in 2010 Copello must be wondering what it is with him and goalkeepers at world cups lol!!

It wouldn't surprise me if Yuri Lodygin plays against the Belgians instead of Akinfeev' date=' especially if his confidence has been affected.

Surprised that Alan Dzagoev didn't start and the fact that Vaseli Berezutsky helped CSKA win the RPL and is now captain of his national team makes the -1 drop SM gave him even more embarrassing.[/quote']

Luckily Casillas is there to cover him

Riferimento: Re: Russian and Ukraine Player Analysis

It wouldn't surprise me if Yuri Lodygin plays against the Belgians instead of Akinfeev' date=' especially if his confidence has been affected.

Surprised that Alan Dzagoev didn't start and the fact that Vaseli Berezutsky helped CSKA win the RPL and is now captain of his national team makes the -1 drop SM gave him even more embarrassing.[/quote']

Agree with you speaking of Berezutsky.

NO worries, Akinfeev is playing against Belgium:)

NO worries' date=' Akinfeev is playing against Belgium:)[/quote']

Yes it's good that Copello was prepared to give him another chance. But I don't think it will be long before Akinfeev becomes Russia's no.2 ;)

I thought Russia were unlucky against Belgium. In my opinion they deserved at least a point but in the last 10 minutes they seemed to completely run out of steam and it was all Belgium after that!

Some good play from Russia though but if Kombarov is going to be the left side corner taker then someone should teach him how to cross it beyond the head of the first defender!!

If Managers had ratings on Soccerwiki then Copello deserves at least a -2.

Vaseli Berezutsky must get his 89 back or it will be laughable. Him and Sergey Ignashevich hold Russia together but, with a combined age of 66 it's no surprise they run out of puff after 75 minutes.

Dzagoev is Russia's most creative player and so Copello keeps him on the bench :confused:.

Great cross from Kombarov and fantastic header from Kokorin.

Samedov dissappointing. Kozlov way out of his depth.

Akinfeev will be replaced by Lodygin. I hate to blame GK's but his schoolboy error against S. Korea and his complete failure to deal with Brahimi's free kick cost Russia 3 points.

Copello can blame laser beams all he wants. May as well claim that the crowd was making too much noise or that the FIFA match engine is faulty for all good it will do.

So with Dikan gone to Krasnador wonder who will wear the gloves for Spartak next season?

I haven't heard that they are in for a replacement so my guess is Artem Rebrov will be chosen ahead of Pesjakov or Mitryshkin. With a rating of 82 he could be worth a punt...

But then I put money on Russia reaching the knockout stages of the WC so as my wife would say.. don't listen to a word he says... :eek:

So with Dikan gone to Krasnador wonder who will wear the gloves for Spartak next season?

I haven't heard that they are in for a replacement so my guess is Artem Rebrov will be chosen ahead of Pesjakov or Mitryshkin. With a rating of 82 he could be worth a punt...

But then I put money on Russia reaching the knockout stages of the WC so as my wife would say.. don't listen to a word he says... :eek:

I sure hope its Mitryshkin, i've got him in a couple of setups, and i've heard very good things about him. Didin't he already started this season? Before getting injured?

I sure hope its Mitryshkin' date=' i've got him in a couple of setups, and i've heard very good things about him. Didin't he already started this season? Before getting injured?[/quote']

Yes the whole situation is a little bizarre there.

Rebrov was injured at the beginning of the season and so Pesjakov was made No.1. But, even though Spartak were leading the table, they dropped him and put Rebrov back in goal.

Then they decided to give Mitryshkin a chance but, as you say, he got injured after 2 matches. Rebrov returns but they get thrashed 4-0 and so he gets dropped very next game and then Dikan is back in.

Then right at the end of the season Dikan got himself sent off and suspended and so Rebrov was recalled for the last couple of games.

No wonder Spartak threw away the title.

Anyway, I think Rebrov will start off as no.1 but Mitryshkin will get his chance I'm sure. All the Moscow clubs think they can win the championship next season and with Zenit flinging the roubles around they probably do too.

will Seydou Doumbia rise/drop/stay? Also what is his maximum potentials?

As he is already 90 rated I am pretty certain he won't rise if he stays at CSKA.

Had a solid second part of the season to probably keep his 90 but not getting selected for the WC team won't help his cause.

My guess he will stay at 90. His contract expires next season so it will be interesting to see what he does then.

• 4 weeks later...

Russian premier league kicked off today.

Looks like Rubin tested out several of their younger players and duly got destroyed 4-0 at home by Spartak. Artem Dzyuba, loaned out to Rostov last season but still finished 2nd top scorer, carried on where he left off with another brace. If you don't have him in your team then snap him up. Him and Kokorin are Russia's future for 2018 WC.

Got that right too. At least for now anyway. Keep an eye on him. If he keeps his place Rebrov will be easily looking at a +2/3. Not the best but could be easy money...