TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 7027 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

spurs1.jpg

Tottenham today have officially signed Bc Cliffs on a 5year deal he replaces Harry redknapp who decided he had done all he could for the club by taking them 4th.Daniel levy had this to say.

I am delighted to have signed a manager of this quailty we wanted to push on from 4th and Harry felt he could not do it, in Bc Cliffs we have a manager who trys to live up to the clubs expectations a manager who strives to be the best they can possiably be. He has put pen to paper and he have his services for 5 years, 5 years we hope will be very enjoyable and successful for the club

Bc Cliffs had this to say on what he hopes will be the start of many press conference's

Im happy to be here in fact never mind happy in over the moon to be ask to take over a club of Tottenham's level and foundations is pleasing for a manager I plan on reaching the Semi-Finals of the SMFA shield and finishing in a SMFA shield place in the league, Im going to keep tight lipped on my targets as yet and i hope to inform you on who i have officially signed as of tomorrow lunch time

321_front_small.png125px-Coventry_City_FC.png270_front_small.png

Dream come true for new Sky Blues boss.

Sunday 1st August, 2010.

25804_1349257058816_1453037226_928553_5723381_n.jpg

Gunnarsson (right) pictured with his new boss outside the Ricoh Arena. PS (pictures olddd! :L)

Around 2 weeks after Aidy Boothroyd was appointed new Sky Blues boss, he resigned today with immediate effect, the reason unknown. As of today, Dan Griffin has been appointed the man to guide the Sky Blues to a successful season. He has named Aron Gunnarsson his captain for the season.

The first thing Griffin wants to do is upgrade the training facilities and also upgrade the youth academy as he feels there is not enough talent coming through. With a wealthy budget and the board willing to inject some more cash into the club, Coventry have been dubbed as the next best thing since sliced bread.

Fans are relishing the prospect of seeing Griffin ply his trade at the West Midlands side and his first competive game will be against fellow league title contenders Sheffield Wednesday at the Ricoh, situated just off the M6. A sell out crowd is expected for Griffin's first game in charge.

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

SunderlandCrest.gif

New manat the helm of Sunderland.

Sunderland have named Ciaran McEvoy as there manger and have put alot of money in the pigghy bank for him to do well inall competitions.

Sunderland manager caught up with Sky Sports and had this to say.

I'm happy to be here at the helm of one of the bst teams in England and it should be a tough one in Division 1 with the likes of Simon(Liverpool), Studge(Man U) BC Cliffs at Spurs at Aaron with Chelsea but Simon scares me the most but I think we can pull through and win the division.

You made Europe and your in the SMFA Shield group F.

Yeh Europe is a bonus for us but i's a tough group with Palermo, Rubin and Getafe so It will be hard to call if we qualify.

86_1240776261.jpg

41521_1505462511_5155_n.jpg

Wigan Athletic Chairman Dave Whelan Appoint Nick Justice As New Boss

After boss Martinez decided to move back to Spain, after he decided that the stress of management was too much for him, so decided to retire to a nice little villa in spain, Wigan Athletic Chairman Dave Whelan, had to find a good replacement and fast as the new season was apon us in just a week or so, he got to work had a look around, names like Dave Jones, Paulo Sousa, Alan Curbishly, Roy Keane and Steve Bruce came up however Whelan decided that he would opt for young English boss Nick Justice, Justice had this to say apon his appointment, " Well, I bring to this club ambition and hope, that I can transform this team into a European challanger which wont be hard as the resources are greta as is the chairman, if he knows theres a player I'd like Im sure he'd fund the cash. Its great to be here, and I can assure the fans,m a New ERA is upon us at Wigan Athletic Football Club."

Tottenham%20Hotspur.jpg

News

Bc Cliff's first act of manager was to arrange a friendly against sunderland tonight. It will be played on Sun the 8th of Aug.

Im pleased to have arranged a friendly of this size Sunderland are by no means a small team and like our self's in the SMFA Shield in wich their manager has expressed he wants to do well in also, this could well be a SMFA shield final i will not put it past them (Sunderland) to get to the final but first we must make sure we do well in he league never mind the SMFA shield. I plan on playing my strongest team just to see were im at formation wise.

EvertonLogo.jpg

Belgian manager goes for the title

That's right, Danny Van Hecke is crazy enough to think he can win the Premier League with Everton...

"I'm pleased to meet my fellow country man Fellaini and plan to bring in some other Belgians too.

Not saying it's gonna be easy because we have to face very tough opponents with experienced managers, but yeah... call me crazy but I don't go for second places."

ps. Our squad is rather small so we can't loan out anyone for the moment.

But once we're out of the shield and cup we will put some players on the loan list.

Man United >>>>>> League

Chelsea >>>>>>>> english Cup

Spurs >>>>>>>>> english Shield

Liverpool>>>>>>>Every single one

Gonna miss out on lots of targets while I wait for bids to come in and while I'm at work tommorow so I won't be able to put in new bids.

NEWSLOGO.png

NEW BOSS AT VILLA

1021575_businessman_silhouette.png

Today, Aston Villa have released a statement confirming that Kieran Tidy has signed a managerial contract with the club, replacing Martin O'Neill in the Villa hot seat. who has retired from the game. Many fans are suprised at the recruitment of Tidy but he promises fans there is nothing to worry about going into the 2010/11 campaign.

Over previous seasons Villa have been flirting with European places in the Barclays Pemier League, and last saw them land 6th position, meaning the club were handed a Europa League Play-off position, but Tidy has told the fans providing a positive pre-season and landing the signings he has anticipated, he sees no reason why they cannot go one better and land a Champions League position that many Villians have been craving.

Speaking on his appointment at the club, Tidy said,

"Aston Villa are a fantastic club with great ambition, I'm sure many can see that. When I first met the Chairman (Randy Lerner) he highlighted the ambitions of the club and what he was expecting from me were I to sign, and I felt that with the team and budget avaliable I could achieve what he was asking. They is already a solid team full of class players here, the mix of experience and youth brings a great balance into the side and I am confident the fans at Villa Park will not be disappointed this season."

Tidy sees a tasty Premier League season ahead of him, with a very busy schedule and the league getting more competitve every season, Tidy will have a big task in front of him if he is too guide his Villa side to the top.

Ahead of the new season, he said,

"We've been working very hard this pre-season and the lads are confident that we can take good form into the Premier League season. My team is not complete yet though, there will still be a lot of in's and outs in the next few days, but these signings will be adding quality to what we already have and bulding the ideal squad, I have always believed in having two for every position as this gives you a number of options to change it around if you have an injury/suspension to deal with."

Tidy faces a difficult opening game to his debut Premier League season as a manager, with Everton visiting Villa Park to open a campaign that Tidy has explained as "challenging but successful" for Villa. Due to last season's finish, Villa have also landed a place in the SMFA Shield, being placed in Group D alongside Sporting CP, Spartak Moskva and PSV Eindhoven.

"We face a difficult opening to the season and the pile-up of fixtures won't be easy on the players as fitness is key to a teams success, but the lads are happy that they are finally back in the season and can't wait for 8pm on Saturday to get this campaign underway."

New Boss on the South Coast

618.png

At 7:36 tonight a shock announcement was made. Brighton and Hove Albion manager Gus Poyet was set to step down from the club due to family issues. The club situated on the south coast had been left without a manager 7 days before the new season , with a poor looking first team and a promotion campaign to plan for. Things needed to be sorted quickly and within the hour chairman Tony Bloom had planned and arranged interviews with some of the countrys finiest managers , set expectations for the season and announced to fans that a decision would be made by the end of the evening , and it was. Local man Ashley Duffy who has little expierence compared to the likes of Curbishley and Scolari who were linked to the post was made manager with instent effect and would be aloud to dable in the transfer market as funds were made avalible.

Interview

Some people have suggested that you have only been selected due to living near brighton how true is this?

I have to admit that may of helped as the club didnt really want to be forking out for a manager who would have to move all the way down south and whos family may get unsettled just like Poyet's did so i think it helped alot that im only a 20 minute journey up on the train

A few of you friends are fans of the club , will they effect any decisions you make?

Of course not , im the manager there the fans i will be making the decisions around here. I will only be talking to them about the club when i ask for feedback on how good the squad is looking or how well we are doing in the league not who to sign or what formations to play.

Will your love for local rivals Southampton effect your job as manager?

No not at all , as soon as i went into the interview i let Tony Bloom know that even though im a Saint at heart i will try my hardest to get this club to where they belong and that is in division 1.

Falmer is here next year are you excited ?

Falmer will be huge for everyone connected to the club and of course im excited about it. The withdean isnt the most impresive stadium in the world but at the moment it will have to do and hopefully we can be in division 2 before we offically open the stadium .

Southampton Welcomes New Manager

Southampton owner Markus Liebherr announced today that there would be a new manager incharge of the the Saints replacing manager Alan Pardrew. He refused to comment on the reason for the replacement but he announced that he is happy to welcome the new manager who hails from Malaysia a former British colony. The appointment has come as a suprise and the new manager is surely going to be under much scrutiny. The manager has about a week to work on the team and the Chariman has announced that he expects the manager to gain promotion. This would be the first time a Malaysian manager would be incharge and only time would tell what would become of this. When asked about his transfer targets he says he has several players in mind but refused to reveal and comment on who the players are instead replying that when the time comes he will reveal his plans but at the moment all seems to be quiet but he refused to comment on rumours that he is bringing in some Japanese players due to his role as the national coach of Japan. He expressed his gratitude for being able to take up the job and he promises to work his very best in order to bring the best out of the team..

sp0403tottenham-hotspur-posters.jpg

News

maloudaDM0412_468x449.jpg

Talks are on going for Malouda of chelsea Bc Cliffs has promised spurs fans to bring in the quality players tottenham need to push on form their impressive 4th place finish last year.

My Intrest in malouda is well known, this is why it does no bother me to speak to the press about current standings, I have told Spurs fans id be playing with my cards close to my chest until deals have been agreed/accepted.Malouda is one of a handful of players i like and i am looking into currently im in talks with the chelsea manager over the likely hood of a move

Daniel Levy has already pointed out the importance of top players and after sitting down and talking over Bc Cliffs ideas for players, Daniel has no objections to who's coming in.

manchester-city-football-club-logo.gif

El Nino In | R.Mancini Out

Inter_Milan_Roberto_Mancini.gif

Mancini era is over.

Manchester City has sacked Italian manager,Roberto Mancini

And replaced him with Malaysian coach,El Nino as the

New club manager.

El Nino has been list with the 3 others manager,Rafael Benitez,

Pallegrini and Steve Bruce. El Nino got the highest vote to be the new

Boss of Manchester City.

Manchester City’s owner,Syeikh Mansour has given a green

Light to El Nino to spend big in the transfer market but El Nino

Said he is not crazy about money and he only will sign the young

Player with a great future.The Malaysian tactician has been

Told by Manchester City Chief Executive that he must bring

The club to finished top 5th in the table.

“This is a great opportunities for me show who am I.I’m not

So famous like Mourinho,Ferguson Or Mancini but this I will

Prove myself with this club.I want to win the title this season.”

El Nino told the press

Manager Profile

Real_Madrid_Fabio_Capello_2.gif

Name:”El Nino” Guitarez Juainoi

Previous Club:AC Milan,Besiktas,Fenerbahce And Manchester City(Now)

Honours:Italian Cup(2),Turkey Division 1 (3)

Wages: 150,000 Per Week.

All Change At Chelsea

Chelsea-fc.jpg

Last night it was Finnaly comfirmed that young British manager Aaron Duffy would be taking over from Carlo Ancelotti who resigned after having a disagreement about where the club goes from last years success and the transfer polices the club has , it is said that Ancelotti wanted to build the team with older more expericend players while the board wanted a younger looking squad what could be built over years and stay together as a squad for a longer period of time to build a stonger team spirt , Ancelotti after being told to take on board the chairmans idea's didnt take to kindly to the meeting and decided to hand in his resignation and return to manage his local team in italy .

Carlo-Ancelotti-Chelsea.jpg

Although Chelsea unexpected success was seen to be down to Ancelotti's Vast experience fans and players a like are intrested to see what young manager Aaron Duffy is able to do with the club. With Duffy Annoucing any player can leave if they don't play uo to standad its clear to all chelsea players that Duffy means bussiness and he wants to help repeat last year success especially the division one title which duffy is said to have a certian desire for.

chelsea-fc-terry.jpg

In Recent hours it has came clear that new manager Aaron Duffy is ready to bring in a few signings of some unnamed world cup stars but he is not ready to announce there names due to other teams intrest in the players , Duffy has also made it clear that florence malouda looking to be leaving the club with premiership team tottenham leading the race to sign him duffy has made it clear that malouda won't be the only player leaving and he is keen to lower the squads age and make it a more realistic squad for the future , meaning stars such as Drogba and Lampard May be vacating Stanford Bridge in the next few season.

Malouda is almost certian to leave ive had a talk with the lad and we have both decided its in the best intrests of the club and the player concered i can confirm we have strong intrest from tottenham tho they are still yet to make a offer so at this point he is availible to anyone nothing is in concrete yet , im looking to the players under the age of 25 so chelsea can build a soild squad for the next five to eight seasons

malouda_stoke_chel_desportugal.jpg

malouda in hay day at chelsea

It Looks to be a very exciting season for chelsea but its all down to duffy and his decisions on and off the pitch this reporter sends his best luck to all managers in English Championship 7027 and hopes you have a successful season :)

300pxnewcastleunitedlog.png

New Toon Boss Revealed

Newcastle United chief executives are pleased to announce the signing of new manager Dudeskin8 who will be replacing Chris Hughton with immediate effect. Mike Ashley revealed that he is very thankful for what Hughton had achieved last season in winning automatic promotion but feels the times right to bring in some new blood that can take the club on to better things.

We got a word with Dudeskin8 on his aims and possible transfer targets :

"First of all I must thank Ashley on allowing me this opportunity to manage a club with such high prestige, he has taken a risk but I know it will pay off for him. My chairman has given me a simple aim this season and that is to stay in this division, personally I find that an insult as this club is bigger than that, a lot bigger. For me I will go all out for european qualification for next season and if I miss out staying up is just something that will happen. In terms of transfers before I start spending I firstly need to rid my current squad of much of the dead wood, so new players will start coming in shortly after saturday's game against Spurs"

chrishughton001.jpg

The End For Hughton

West Ham Reveal Their New Manager

0,,12562~3434050,00.jpg

The former West Ham manager, Bogie McGill decided to resign from the East London football club because of a big fallout between the manager and the chairman. Apparently Bogie was furious to find that the chairman had been spending money on players that weren't needed.

Tony Pulis was the favourite for the West Ham job, he'd left Stoke City just a couple of weeks before and he was looking for another team. However, he couldn't agree terms with the West Ham chairman and the Hammers were still in need of a new manager.

Dave Jones, Zven Goran Eriksson and Sam Allerdyce were all in line for the job but the three managers couldn't agree to sign up and West Ham still didn't have a manager.

West Ham were becoming desperate but for days, a manager couldn't be found. Today however, an agreement was reached with Chazza Bones. Chazza has had experience with Swansea City, Sheffield Wednesday and Barcelona.

West Ham were happy to finally get a manager and Chazza will start his managerial career at home to Dynamo Kiev in the SMFA Shield.

Bloom Wants the league

618.png

Brighton Chairman Tony Bloom has announced that he expects new manager Ashley Duffy to seal promotion into the 3rd division. The announcment comes after Duffy has been roumered to have brought in 2 of the finiest youngsters in the country on loan with 1 more expected to join. Money man Bloom who is a big face on the poker seen wants succses imediatly and has given boss Duffy a kitty of around £3,000,000 which is expected to buy 5-6 first team stars

Tony Bloom:

The club deserves to be in the top division and im hoping the money i've made and will make avalible will help us get to where we deserve to be. Duffy is a great manager and i will let him do what ever is best for the club

hull-city.jpg

How did an unknown manager get such a good job?

2nd of August 20010

Rookie manager Jorge Dias has been appointed the new manager Of Hull City. although bein Assistant to ex-boss Nigel Pearson, Dias was given this fantastic oppourtunity to stand on his own two feet and take control of the club.

In His First Press Conference:

I already have a few players in mind. I will be looking for bargains deals, and I will also possible be looking for loans to get us out of this division. I also have a few players in mind that I would like to offload to make more funds available for better quality players. I currently have a budget pf £15.0M to make this current side stronger.

Guest MR. HAMMER

After relagation to League 1 football Peterborough United has named Mark Hughes there new manager he has signed a 2 year deal and he has came out saying he hope to take them back to the Championship and hopes he can bring in some big names with a new Russian invester joining the side with already a rummerd 10M being given to the manager to bring in fresh players for the season ahead.

Ramsey & Rajkovic join 'The Seagulls'

618.png

When Ashley Duffy today announced that Brighton & Hove Albion had made the loan signings of two of the hotest prospect currently playing in England many people simply took his words with a pinch of salt and half expected some untested 16 year olds to walk through the door but this was not the case. As the clock aproched 16:00 the journalists from the local paper and The Dufferman Division 4 Weekly Magazine (more infomation on that later) started to take there seats waiting for the emergence of this two apparent stars. Bang on 16:10 Duffy emerged from the office sittuated behind the press room closley followed by the young Welsh midfielder Ramsey and the young beaming Chelsea centre half Rajkovic. Both players were then put through a 10 minute inteview with the press and both expressed a there fondness of the club and how pleased they were to be apart of such a big year in the clubs history.

1z3v140-1.jpg

Duffy is roumered to still be hoping that he can bring in one more player on loan prefrablly a striker with premiership class and rated highly. Duffy and Brighton fans alike are hoping that if all 3 of these loans can be sealed before the opening game of the season the club can win and win well.

Duffy

Well the press didnt believe that i could bring in such players but i've managed it and now i think that the rest of the division should start to worry. If we can seal that final loan signing then we will really be a force to be reckoned with as we will have a great spine to the team.

Ramsey

After my injury last season im just happy to have the chance to play football again and when Brighton came after me offering the chance to play in every game when fit i just couldnt turn it down. Arsenal are a great side but i must prove my self on loan first and then i can hopefully one day return and challange for a starters spot there.

Rajkovic

The loan is good for me and for Brighton. I can offer a strong reliable head at the back while i get to play the sport i love and not have to sit in the reserves at Chelsea. Brighton is also not to far away and the manager has been really positive about where the clubs going and where they want to be in 5 seasons and i just want to be part of it all.

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

0,,10429~182808,00.jpg

Sunderland loans out star.

Sunderland have loaned out the next big thing in

English football Jordan Henderson.

Jordan Henderson was loaned out yesterday

as he was not used in the first team and was

going to be sold for 7-8 million but then Ciaran

said he was to precious to be sold so he was loaned

out and will gain some first team football at his new

club.

2986832000-soccer-barclays-premier-league-sunderland-v-chelsea-stadium-light.jpg

Sunderland' next gem loaned out.

New Era Begins at Cardiff City

Cardiff_City_FC.png

After many years of failed attempts by Dave Jones, to get into the premier league. The new owners have sacked Dave Jones and gave unknown manager of Closey to takeover where Dave Jones failed.

Fan: I'm totally surprised by the choice of manager but as long as he can get the job done then i'm happy with the decision

IMG_5159.jpg

Time up for Dave Jones.

Plymouth Argyle Unveil Vik P as their new manager

0107943734985001.gif

Plymouth Argyle have officially unveiled Vik P as their new manager.

The decision to offer Vik the job was made public yesterday as the previous manager had terminated his contract with Plymouth last Sunday. Vik P has shown success at Liverpool by leading them to the English Championship Division One Title, but claims he is up for a new challenge.

I'm keen to win trophies at Plymouth Argyle and feel promotion is my key target this season. I have a few key players which I'm looking to bring in before the season kicks off.