English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7027 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

Wolves.png

Devitt Put in Charge at Wolves

Wolves have named experienced manager Adam Devitt as their manager. The young manager is seen as the man who can get Wolves Challenging for European places. He has already made his mark on the team by placing the entire team up for sale apart from winger Michael Kightly. He has already sold two players with Steven Fletcher agreeing a move to Sheffield United in a deal worth around £7million. They also have sold youngster Danny Batth to Peterbourgh United for £425,000.

He has also promised that he will bring in some quality signings that can help Wolves fight for their European dream.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 new faces at the Withdean

618.png

Less than 5 minutes ago Brighton & Hove Albion had bids acsepted on 3 future stars and the club hope that they will be fully signed and with the club by tommorow morning. The first of the 3 signings was comfirmed as Egyption right back Ahmed Assem who is costing the club £300,000 + Adam Navarro, The second deal comfirmed was for 21 year old Isralie Vitor Maree who hopes that a move to England can help him improve his profile around the world. The final comfirmed signing was for Idan Sade who is an isralie winger and has cost the south coast side £225,000 + Dicker.

Even though the club secured these 3 signings there is still dissapointment at what could of been, Duffy has set a list of 25 targers who he hopes to bring in before the 4th turn but this is looking more than unlikley now as 4 of Duffy's shortlist have joined other English over the chance to play for Brighton.

The teams so far:

?

Assem (77) --- Rajkovic (85) --- ? --- ?

Ramsey (86) --- ?

Sade (77) --- ? --- ?

Maree (76)

86_1240776261.jpg

marinWA.png

Wigan Athletic Sign German Trio Marko Marin, Holger Badstuber and Manuel Neuer

Today in a stunning Swoop, its been announced that German trio Marko Marin from Werder Bremen , Holger Badstuber whom of which turned down a move to Liverpool to join the Latics from Bayern Munchen and Manuel Neuer from FC Schalke are to join up with Premier League side Wigan Athletic, all fee's at the moment are udisclosed, and Marin was today caught on camera holding up his new team jersey. All 3 were, three of the players who helped to lead Germany to 3rd place in the 2010 FIFAWorld Cup held in South Africa. Its rumoured that a few players will be heading to Germany as parts of each deal, so there could be a big shuffle around at Wigan Athletic, many are saying is the start of a new beging for the once Little side in the Premier League?

31_1229339837.jpg

3 new players will arrive tomorrow...

- Steven DEFOUR (from Standard Liège)

- Esteban GRANERO (from Real Madrid)

- Yassine EL GHANASSY (from KAA Gent)

Most people are aware of the qualities of Steven Defour and Esteban Granero but not everyone knows El Ghanassy..

Well... Yassine will grow out to become a star for sure in the near future.

large_370132.jpg

Steven Defour getting his trophy for best player in the Jupiler League out of the hands of Zinedine Zidane

sky%20sports.gif

Hulk joins the Tigers

These were a few media sources who wanted an interview with Jorge Dias

The reason for the interviews were those enormous signings in and out.

At first Hull City wrapped up a deal for Howedes, German international defender who joined Hull City from Germany's Schalke 04 in a swap for Kamil Zayatte and 750k.

Then,for a big disappointment for Hull City's fans, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink left the club to join Portuguese team FC Porto in a swap for bigger name Hulk.

Isn't a great secret, that Hull City is trying to get players like Gallardo Keko from Atlético Madrid, Jonathan Biabiany from Internazionale and some youngest players on the list like Mazola, Ferraz Marx, Sandomierski and James Forrest.

hulk-sporting-fcporto.jpg

Welcome Hulk!

"The offer for Iker CASILLAS of Real Madrid from Middlesbrough has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours"

Now whether he will be willing to join Middlesbrough or not remains to be seen!

"The offer for Iker CASILLAS of Real Madrid from Middlesbrough has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours"

how much you paying for him :o

qpr-new-badge2.jpg

QPR get their man at last!!!

After weeks of negotiations QPR have finally reached a deal with Sean Toner to become their new manager. QPR had to sell their entire youth team and sack almost every member of staff at the club to come up with the money need for Toner’s wage demands (believed to be 6million a year).

At the press conference which had to take place on the dugouts as the main centre also had to be sold QPR chief executive admitted it was a big risk

‘Oblivious appointed someone that has had no managerial experience in their life and handed them a massif contract is a big risk but we believe that since he demanded so much money he must be a very good manager’

Toner didn’t bother turning up for the press conference with reports saying he house spotting in Dubai but QPR chief executive says he was just sick.

A couple of days ago he held a brief meetings with the players when he informed the players that they all had to look for new clubs.This didn’t go down well with star player and idol to all the QPR fans-Ákos Buzsáky who burst into tears and tried to chain himself to the changing rooms.

Two transfers have been confirmed. Javier Zanietti will join the club along with Di Natile.

AntonioDiNatale_2089635.jpg

Di Natile said’ they was other clubs interested but the change to have leon Clarke as a roommate was too good to turn down’

Toner will no turn his attention to get more signings too strength his team before the start off the season having failed in his attempts too loan out the entrie Liverpool first team squad but I will sign dani Pacheco and lucas before the start of the season.

QPRs chief excutive said it would be unfair to have to high exceptions on his first season in charge so instead has set Toner the aim to make sure Paddy Kenny doesn’t miss any drugs test this season.

sp0403tottenham-hotspur-posters.jpg

NEWS

Mr.Clifford has swooped to sign two big named signings and one promising up coming star in a deal witch see's 3 players out of the squad as P/Es in a shake up Bc.Cliff's called massive.

forlan01.jpg

The first big name to touch down at heathrow airport was Diego Forlan who then travelled to White Heart Lane to agree personal terms Diego is yet to complete a medical as the bid was accepted so late into the night the deal shall be finalised in the next coming days subject to that medical. This is a deal that see's Robbie Keane move the other way as P/E

Frederic_Kanoute__T_172925c.gif

frederic kanoute makes a stunning return to tottenham after Bc Cliffs decdied he wanted more fire power to match Forlan's great scoring record Kanoute like Forlan has agreed personal terms and only a medical is in the way of a dramatic come back, This deals sees Peter crouch move the other way.

SebastianGiovinco_1101813.jpg

GIOVINCO a snappy lively winger has also teamed up with Bc Cliff's at his new attacking look tottenham, Bc Cliffs wanted youth mixed with the wise heads of Forlan and Kanoute in his team and his wish has been granted, Also like Kanoute and Forlan personal terms are agreed a medical is all thats left now this deals see's injury prone Jeans heading the other way

Bc Cliff

Extreamly happy with these signing's poeple are to afraid now a days to sign the players in the 30's never the less i hope that Forlan and Kanoute will finish their amazing careers here and give us 2 maybe 3 good season's Giovinvo couldnt hold down a place at juventus' starting 11 i think he will have better look here with me and maybe he can break into italy's national team, Malouda talks are on going and after that i only have 2 more singings to make

If you manage to get Casillas, I will literally fly to Canada just to shake your hand.

sp0403tottenham-hotspur-posters.jpg

NEWS

ruben-gago-bio.jpg

Fernando GAGO has shocked real madrid buy opting to join Bc Cliff's at spurs, Spurs were given the go ahead to speak to Gago and as soon as Mr.Clifford outlined his planes Fernando seemed hooked, "Its early hours in the moraning and my Blackberry has not long woken me up" said Mr.Clifford Gago will be landing later on today at lunch time from there he shall hook up with the other 3 lads do a medical pass it hopefully and put pen to paper.This really pleases me as now we have some depth in the DM area a area i feel is important to my pending success at Tottenham

how much you paying for him :o

Chairman value. A few old players and a bit of cash. Bargain, if he makes it to the Boro that is. (Actually, my 2 best players and most of my cash. See? A win-win. If he signs, great. If he doesn't I keep my two best players and have all that money to spend - shame all of the best players will have gone by then!)

If you manage to get Casillas' date=' I will literally fly to Canada just to shake your hand.[/quote']

Careful, I might take you up on that! I forget what the cut-off point is for a player being above a team's average before he won't sign. Isn't it a difference of 9? He might come, and you might shake that hand!

Only one day in and already there’s been frantic activity in the transfer market. Here’s a brief review of what’s gone on, who’d been busy and who’s landed the top stars. Having started this review I hadn’t reckoned on how bloody long it would take (so this will not likely be a daily event, probably even a one-off) but it should give an indication of what certain managers’ strategies are.

To date 166 transfers-in have been accepted or completed, with 121 players being traded out in part-exchange. At the time of writing 36 of the 54 managed teams had accepted or completed bids. Only 8 transfers were between two managers, the rest being from external clubs. The most popular clubs being pillaged (so far) were: Inter (12 players), Free Agents (9), Real Madrid (8), Bayern Munich (7), Barcelona (6), Seville, & Milan (5), Athletico Madrid, Juventus, & Santos (4), Porto, FC Schalke, & Millonares (3), 11 clubs with 2 transfers, and 68 clubs with just a single transfer.

The most active clubs were as follows: Leeds (17 transfers in), Derby (12), Bolton (11), Wolves (9), Notts Forest (9), Northampton (9), Middlesbrough (9), Hull (8), Ipswich (7), Arsenal (6), QPR (5), Wigan (4), West Brom (4), Tottenham (4), Sunderland (4), Cardiff (4), Burnley (4), Bristol City (4), Blackburn Rovers (4), Man Utd (3), Liverpool (3), Everton (3), Chelsea (3), Brighton (3), Stoke (2), Reading (2), Portsmouth (2), Huddersfield (2), Aston Villa (2), Sheff Utd (1), Peterborough (1), MK Dons (1), Man City (1), Crystal Palace (1), Chesterfield (1), Birmingham (1).

Surprisingly, some of the big guns were only successful in a small number of transfers, though the players they did land are hot properties. Having not followed the bidding I’m unsure if they have been playing it cautious, but I’m guessing that they were mostly outbid by some of the smaller clubs. Notable successes include Stoke’s landing of Pedro, Chelsea signing of Ozil, Man Utd getting Muller, and Wigan’s haul of young stars. Bolton too added a whole host of talent to their squad, Ipswich managed to grab some future stars including De Gea and Canales, and Middlesbrough (myself) scored some big hits, notably Casillas, though uncertainty remains over how many will want to come play on Teesside (it’s grim up north!).

Here’s a brief club-by-club breakdown (apologies to those clubs that I’ve just skimmed):

Arsenal: A decent haul of stars in all areas of the pitch: Busquets 91 DM/CM, Negredo 90 CF, Hernandez RM/W 90, Silva CB 91.

Aston Villa: Added Riise LB/LM 90, and traded Fabiano CF 93 for Harewood & Heskey

Birmingham: Krunic AM/F 85

Blackburn Rovers: Strengthening squad with Palop GK 91, Van Bommel CM/DM 92 + youth

Bolton: Strengthened the team with key signings all across the board: Eduardo GK 89, Leon RM/W 89, Borriello Fwd 90, Menez W/fwd 89, Van Buyten CB 90, Navarro LB 90, Motta DM/CM 90, Molinaro LB 89 + few in mid-80s.

Brighton: 3 lower-rated players.

Bristol City: 4 free agents in the mid-80s.

Burnley: A couple of CBs in the upper 80s CB, CB, Romero GK 88, Altintop Mid/RB 90.

Cardiff: 4 mid-to-upper 80s players.

Chelsea: Ozil AM/LM 91, Lucio CB 94, Arbeloa RB/LB 91 (out inc. Zhirkov LM/LB 92, Bosingwa RB 92, Alex CB 91)

Chesterfield: 1 young Boro keeper

Crystal Place: Guilherme Fwd/AM 88;

Derby County: A focus on risers & future talent, one of highest Burdisso CB 86;

Everton: Strengthening CM with Defour 89, Granero CM/AM 89

Huddersfield: 2 inc. Soder CF 84;

Hull: A mixture of risers and young strong players inc. Biabiany Fwd/W 86 Inter, Howdes Def 88, Hulk Fwd/W 89,

Ipswich: 7, Host of young talent De Gea GK 87, Neymar Fwd/AM 86, Canales AM/Fwd 87,

Leeds: Most active manager with a focus on risers & future prospects.

Liverpool: Bonucci CB 88, Van Der Wiel RB 88, Di Maria LM/W 90 (out Kuyt Fwd/W 92)

Man City: Just 1 accepted bid so far - Santon Inter RB 87

Man Utd: Big signings of Julio Cesar GK 95, Muller Fwd 88 (offloading Neville 88 & Owen 89)

Middlesbrough: A mixture of risers and bigger stars: Casillas Gk 95, Ambrosini CM/DM 92, Samuel CB 93, D’Agostino CM 89.

MK Dons: 78 rated Inter youngster Countinho

Northampton: 9 risers/potential talent

Notts Forest: Strengthening the squad in key areas with Simplico [Roma! – when did he move to Roma?] CM/AM 90, Abidal LB/CB 92, Helton GK 90 + a selection of risers.

Peterborough: Wolves youngster Danny Batth

Portsmouth: Wolves stalwart Craddock at CB and the contentious signing of Keith Andrews from Blackburn.

QPR: A strong haul with: Di Natale Fwd 93, Zanetti Def/DM 94, Tymoschuk DM/CM 91

Reading: Strengthening midfield with: Albelda DM/CM 90, Poulsen DM 90.

Sheff Utd: Delac 84 Gk

Stoke City: Just 2 signings, but big ones nonetheless: Pedro W/Fwd 90, Honda AM/CM 87

Sunderland: Potential risers + Otamendi CB/RB 88, Mariga CN/AM 87 (Inter)

Tottenham: A focus on midfield and up front: Forlan Fwd 94, Giovinco AM 88, Kanoute CF 93, Gago CM/DM 90

West Brom: Added strength and depth to the squad with 2 free agents, Hildebrand GK 88, Pires W 88 and Suazo CF 88, Marquez CB 90

Wigan: A solid hall with: Marin W 90, Neuer GK 91, Badstuber CB/LB 88,

Wolves: 9 players including strong signings of Cordoba Inter CB 92, Mo Diarra DM/CM 90, Grafite Fwd 90, and a selection of risers/talent

And just a brief disclaimer: These stats are based on the transfers accepted so far, the first day's worth of transfer activity, though for various reasons there is no guarantee that all of these will go through successfully (I’m thinking particularly of Casillas here!). Apologies too for any errors on my part, I’ve done my best to get it right. :o

Things though look like they are hotting up in EC7027 (or whatever it ends up being called). Be interesting to see who the next set of forays into the transfer market are aimed at, there’s still plenty of talent out there.

And how does it work now with all the other bids that are in for players from the clubs just having sold some of their players? Do the remaining players go up in value (as they are now worth more to those clubs) and if so does that mean that all bids exactly at chairman value will now fall short?

Best of luck in the next round of bidding! :)

Leeds (17 transfers in)

Leeds: Most active manager with a focus on risers & future prospects.

[

Hehehe, Nice to see i am the most active manager :D

I like to get in while the players are still there, and have a few talents of my own ;)

Although i think at least half are 10k'ers

manchester-city-football-club-logo.gif

Davide Santon Is The First Boy To Arrive

98e0006ae5e19cd122043db606df24b3.jpg

Out From Maicon's Shadow

Davide Santon described as “brilliant” his controversial move from Inter to Manchester City after signing a four-year contract at the English club which exploited a loophole in his contractual situation at Internazionale.

The Italian Under-21 defender move from Inter on a fee to believed around 7 Million rejecting an improved contract which would have seen his earnings rise to around £20,000 a week.

“It’s a brilliant move for me,” Santon, 19, said. “Now that the deal is done I just can’t wait to get started. I’ve played at England before and know all about the amazing atmosphere.

“Playing there in a blue and black shirt is something I’ve thought about already and it will be a great day when I finally get to walk out in front of 50,000 people.

“The gaffer, El Nino, and all of the lads have been great with me and made me feel really welcome since I arrived and hopefully I can repay the faith that they’ve shown in me.”

El Nino added:

“We’re delighted to have signed Davide. He’s the right age and the profile that he has is what makes it such an appealing capture for us.

“He’s young but has a good experience and he’s someone who can continue to develop his game.

“We see him as a high-energy player and a player that can play from box-to-box, but he’s also a young player with experience, so he won’t be fazed by what is ahead of him.”

Player Profile

127546-santon.JPG

Full name: Davide Santon

Place of Birth:Portomaggiore, Italy

Height:1.87m

Position:Full back

Nickname(s):Il Bambino ("The Kid")

Lives in:Milan

Birthday:1991/01/02

SHEFFIELD UNITED'S SPENDING SPREE STARTS

Matej Delac

60256071.jpg

Sheffield United have completed the signing of 17 year old young goalkeeper from Inter Zaprešić for a fee of 2.6 million plus 31 year-old goalkeeper Steve Simonsed heading in the other direction to play in Croatia with Zaprešić. Delac, who had been dubbed as the "next Petr Cech", had already cemented his place as first choice keeper for his team and also played for his country at international level for the U19's. Delac signed a 4 year deal at 15 thousand a week this morning.

Delac had this to say:

I am so excited to come to a team like Sheffield and also be the first-choice keeper as well! I am sure I can help them get promotion soon!

Manager Elton Gjoni was ecstatic at the swoop of the starlet:

This is a great day for Sheffield United as Matej will improve a great deal in coming years. He has already proved himself at a young age and that is what I like to see in talented players. I have seen him play and am really happy with his abilities. He even saved a penalty on his debut, was the youngest at 16 in his league and made 15 appearances. Normally teams don't play 17 year-olds in their first-team but I can make an exception as he already has valuable experience.

Delac will join new loan signings Wilshere and Mancienne in training tomorrow to prepare for the Saturday match against Portsmouth. The trio are expected to be joined by at least 3 other young players in a couple of days when Gjoni hinted at making a few other bids for players to arrive.

The Argentine Duo Arrives

1964215-1.jpg

Derby County have finally completed the much anticipated signing of Argentine duo Leonel Galeano and Guillermo Burdisso for 6.3 million with Russel Anderson and Shaun Barker going the other way.

The new Derby County manager known in Brazil as Joao Moutinho Ronaldinho and everywhere else as Nikidinho had this to say:

I am very happy with these signings as I believe the Argentines will form a great centre back partnership. I am particularly happy however to be able to sign Galeano over which anxiety was expressed since there was interest from a bigger club as well.

Derby County on behalf of the staff and fans wish Russel Anderson and Shaun Barker good luck with their new challenge in the Argentinian league.

Di Santo seals loan move

618.png

The 3rd and final loan bid for a premiership youngster was last night acsepted with Franco Di Santo joining the Seagulls from premiership outfit Chelsea. Di Santo is now expected to be one of the top scorers in Division 4 and is one of the shock signings of the season. The Argie who was on loan at first division side Blackburn last season has been reported telling close friends and family that the move to brighton is not a dream move but he is after first team football and he knows he will get that at the south coast club.

9.jpg

Di santo

Di Santo is the 2nd Chelsea youth player to come to Brighton this season with Rajkovic already at the club on loan for the season. The two clubs who are managed by the Duffy brothers are apparently talking of becoming Feeder/Parent to the other which means that Brighton will get first dibs on any Chelsea youth player in future seasons. Chelsea would also get first option on any Brighton player if the chance for teams to buy becomes avalible and Chelsea match the bid.

If you manage to get Casillas' date=' I will literally fly to Canada just to shake your hand.[/quote']

Need directions? :P:p:p Just head either east of west. It's pretty big. You'll hit it eventually. ;)

[apologies for all for the double/mis-posting. Couldn't resist for this one!]

32_1203570233.gif

Keane takes Fulham job

RoyKeaneGETTY_468x354.jpg

Fulham fans were last night left shocked when former Manchester United captain, Celtic, Nottingham Forest and ex Irish international Roy Keane was given the job to succeed the previous manager. It's Keane's second job in the Premier League, the first was when he guided Sunderland from the Championship to the Premier League but that ended in keane being sacked after a poor run of form. Keane then took up the job offer of guiding Ipswich to the Premier League, but that failed and Keane resigned at the back end of last season and has now taken the reins of Fulham.

Archived