English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

MILLWALLSOCCERTIMES2.jpg

JELAVIC joins MILLWALL

NIKICA JELAVIC has joined MILLWALL adding to the NEW LOOK strikeforce for the new season at the NEW DEN.

He'll partner EMILE HESKEY & ERNESTO FARIAS upfront which will hopefully score a few goals.

Kierrison jets in to Huddersfield

29714_1263160084.jpg

Former Barcelona kid Keirrison signs for Huddersfield , after one look round I know this is the place for me , anyone can see this club is going places.

Keirrison came off the bench and scored 2 on his debut .

Sturridge signs on Loan

20312_1273363916.jpg

Also joining the tigers is Daniel Sturridge , he joins on loan from Chelsea.

Other news from Hudersfield is that a new goalkeeper will be coming in and maybe a midfielder to replace wantaway midfielder Gylfi Sigurddsson who has slammed in a transfer request which has been met by the board.

Oldham fans protest outside Boundary Park

Today 5000 Oldham fans came to Boundary Park to protest about manager Cathal Crumlish's comments yesterday in a press conference. As Mr.Crumlish got out of his new 500,000 pound ferrari him and his car was egged by many angry fans when he came for a training session. Mr.Crumlish ignored all the journalists and reporters and made his way into the changing rooms. However the board had something to say to the fans.

Board: We can now confirm that we will not sack Mr.Crumlish because he won the league last year. The only way he will be leaving Oldham is if he decides to leave.

The board had to be accompanied by police when leaving Boundary Park. Mr.Crumlish has recently been linked with the Valencia and Roma jobs,but he said he had to finish what he started at Oldham.

RWbanner.png

Van Aanhlot happy with move

350x.jpg

Van Aanholt is enjoying Daggers life

Dagenham & Redbridge's most recent defensive acquisition - Patrick van Aanholt - said he was delighted to make the move to Victoria Road. Van Aanholt enjoyed a strong a loan campaign at the club in Season One where he played a big part in previous manager Rob Walshe's defence. Harry Redknapp captured Van Aanholt last week from parent club Derby County for a sum of $2.2M. Van Aanholt has become a bit of a journeyman in his career following numerous transfer, and loan spells but he is hopeful that his most recent one will prove the best option; "I'm only 20 and I want to be playing regularly at the best I can, and with Dagenham they can offer me that. Making my move permanent was a no brainer in all honesty, as soon as they wanted me back I pushed to make it a long term arrangement as I knew the team and enjoyed the fans too. I do miss the old manager, Rob Walshe, but I think Harry Redknapp has brought a lot more experience and much better training and eating methods to the club which is what we need. Guys like Jonno, Big J, and Jarvo are playing some of the best football of their lives at this club, along with Bazza, who has forced his way into the Scotland set-up. Then you see guys like Moro (Steve Morison), who aren't getting first team football but are working their socks off in training and still getting called up by their national sides. That sort of stuff gives you motivation and I know for a fact that Dagenham & Redbridge is the club for me."

Grow-Your-Own-Tottenham-Hotspur-Pitch-4.jpg

Torres stuns the football world

In what Benno describes as the deal of his Tottenham career so far beating of competition for Chelsea and Bolton, Torres finally came back to the English Premier league last night and instantly made a impact in europe by bagging a goal and winning the match ball, In what Torres describe as his second chance at the English game, The spanish Center Forward nicknamed El Niño (The Kid in Spanish) joins Spurs on the back of Benzema and Steven caulker. Which totaled at £44m to Inter. This deal has been describe, Massive,amazing even cheeky, But Benno wont mind some even say they got him on the cheap witch in honestly thay did only paying 1m over CV (When players were used)

fernando-torres-t90-laser-ii.jpg

Torres looking less then happy at Liverpool

BENNO

Iv sat down with the boy and explained that Tottenham is a fresh clean slate for him, Theres no weight on his shoulders and he can play with the Freedom he wants, Tottenham are a club which last season failed to gell as quickly as i would have liked i felt some players were not right shipped them out and looked closer at the players i wanted and decided yes thats the passion,charater and ambition that you need to play for Tottenham. Torres has all of thoes qualities and didnt he show them last night ? I tell you my wife was jealous of the boy when i got back home i wouldnt shut up about him. Hes just slotted into the team as he had been best buddys with very player in that first 11 for years, To score and win the Man of the Match award on his debut could not have been a better start for his new life in london.

So Benno hopes Torres will form a understanding with the rest of the players most importantly Dzeko and adebayor, Torres him self has spoken of the warm family feeling he instantly felt at Tottenham and hopes his goals can spark a wonderful season full of joys.

Torres

Im excited buy this move, Im back in England were i feel i havent given it 100%, Its the best league in the world even in Italy were i was at Inter the Premier league was always big news, I would read in the papers about Tottenham and their Europa Leagua success, I even went to watch them against Ajax, Benno is a top man manager he instantly told me his plans for this club, told me were i can fit in and help and how together with the players i could once again life silverware and Play football with a smile on my face. Tottenham is a warm welcoming club and were are like Family, Family's work hard stick together and want the best for each other, I hope that this season many great things will come our way.

Tottenham Vs Everton Pre-match preview

epl-2010-tottenham-everton-356.jpg

Tonight Spurs welcome the merseyside club Everton to the Lane, In a game that should excite fans with quick, fast, sharp and end to end football. Each team has 1 win to their name in this Fixture, Last season the team playing at Home won this Fixture. Everton were worthy 2-0 winners at Goodison Park and Spurs 3-2 winners in a thriller at White Heart Lane when the sides met last season.

You would have expect these two sides to have finish pretty close together in the league, Everton finishing in 6th and spurs 16th, Its fair to say Everton did what was expected of them, Spurs not Benno hopes thats not the case this season, Targeting 3 points in games such as these.

Benno

Everton must be congratulated for their decent hard fought 6th place finish, and we need to use them as an example as to what we should be doing as a team and were we should look to be finishing, This season the Fans, the board nor shall i accept a finish out of the top 10, Top 8 is what were looking at and teams like Everton should be Teams were we say Hey if we beat them then we really can contend for thoes 8th-6th spots as 9 times out of 10 Everton themselves will be contending for them, they are a real table rival.
With the result at Ipswich fans might have been frustrated and edgy, But look Ipswich just promoted and will be fighting for every point in this league they were at Home first game in the Premier League and the fans would have been right behind them, I said a point away at all the Promoted teams coupled with a win at home would be decent so we wait and see. So far thumbs up.

Some Pre match words there from Benno in a game that really should be deciding who's in the top 8 come the end of the season, A 0-0 prediction has been case but Benno and spurs will be hoping Everton leave with nothing.

Fernando_Torres_300.jpg

Torres pledges goals

Tottenham Team Sheet

LLORIS

Hutton

Gallas

Bale ©

Frings

Cole

Gerrard

Schweinsteiger

Balotelli

Dzeko

Torres

MILLWALLSOCCERTIMES2.jpg

LEYTON ORIENT 2 MILLWALL 5

Millwall came from behind TWICE in this match. AUBAMEYANG put the home side ahead after only 5 minutes. Millwall equalised when HESKEY in space made no mistake from 15 yds on 16 mins. Leyton Orient went ahead again when EMMANUEL-THOMAS scored after 25 mins. Millwall responded when YILMAZ scored from a free kick after 38 mins.

After the break it was a miss-hit shot[/B] from VIEIRA which squirmed under the 'keeper to put Millwall in front for the first time on 64 mins.

Shortly after, HESKEY made it 4-2 when he headed a powerful header past the 'keeper. Millwall made it safe when VIEIRA hit a powerfull shot in off the post on 85 minutes.

MAN OF THE MATCH - HESKEY (Millwall)

Millwall's new strikeforce all had assists and played well.

next match - MILLWALL V CRYSTAL PALACE

7046.jpg

STORARRI DOWN ON THE PHARM

1232217666_06-300x184.jpg

Marco Storarri has left Chelsea to join up at Galpharm Stadium with Huddersfield.When asked why he chose to step down the divisions he replied''I was number two at Chelsea and the chance to join Huddersfield came about during a meal with manager Dan Malone who has promised me the number one slot.I took a look around at the club ,players and stadium and can see that this club is going plces and I want to be part of that.

RADJA NAINGGOLAN JOINS HUDDERSFIELD

Reggina+Calcio+v+Piacenza+FC+Serie+B+dAJw19QmT9Am.jpg

Nainggolan the Belgian/Indonesian midfielder has today signed for Huddersfield when asked how the move came about Radja said ''I am friends with Tom De Mul and he has been telling me how much fun he has been having and how good the squad is , so when I got a chance to sign I jumped at the chance , now I just hope to force my way into the managers plans and get a few games to show the manager what I can do.''

Making way are young keeper Schmiechel and wantaway midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson who leave with the best wishes from manager Dan Malone and Huddersfield Football Club.

fulham-badge.jpg

Jooles is a one trick pony!

With the grudge match between rivals Dominic latouche and Jooles dawson on saturday when jooles takes his middlesbourgh or better known as sunderland B to Dominics Fulham the best team in london!

The rivalry between the pair 1st stemmed when Dominic (then arsenal boss) trying to openly tap up casillas and they opening exchanged taunts and abuse throughout the media and there is now a bitter feeling between the two , this is what Dominic had to say ahead of the match......

'' Im much looking forward to this match against this loser ever since I knew for definate he was coming up as this will be my easiest 3 points ive ever had. Jooles is a one trick pony he has players way past it or they cannot play in the league they are a 2 man team with xavi carrying the team and casillas keeping the shots out and there are plenty every game as they have a girly defence which pedro should bag a hat trick.

When asked if he will shake jooles hand he said this...

'' Please ask a good question!! Of course not he shall lucky that I dont spit in his face and punch his lights out!! But I shall let fulham do my talking on the pitch.''

0.jpg

128759089352866608.jpg

Tottenham 4-2 Everton

Tottenham_hotspur_logo.gif

Tottenahm rocked at the Lane last night in their first Premier League game of the new season, They Over came a good Everton side fighting for the points. After their famous 2-0 win over Ajax in Europa Leaguea the fans were in good tune, chants of

For get it Fulham were kings of Europe
could be heard apparently bringing out a around of applause from Benno aimed to all four stands. Benno in his Pre match preview promised the fans and neutrals alike a good game of fast,Sharp free flowing football we got all of that and goals, Tottenham being the highest scoring side last night.

The Match began with a few nervy passes and shots from both sides, Each just trying to find their feet and assert themselves, Suddenly the game came to life two goals in 3 minutes,

Everton kicked things of with Steven PIENAAR being brought down on the edge of the box before stepping up himself to bang home the curling Free Kick past the diving outstretched Lloris.0-1 Tottenham came back with out a second thought keeping the ball from kick of working it up the pitch, Dzeko waiting and waiting befour finding the perfect through ball for Mario BALOTELLI to release a right foot curling shot from outside the area by gliding just inside the far post! What a sublime finish! 1-1Sylvain DISTIN was then sent off after head butting Gerrard,

The Half went with both teams testing each other but making no clear cut chance, The teams came back out in the second half to a massive cry from spurs fans cheering on their team sensing all 3 points were there for the taking, with Everton only having 10 men

Everton were to take the lead again in another mad period this time seeing two goals in to minutes. Kévin GAMEIRO finishing in side the box after the spurs defence went missing,(all four were found).2-1 Two minutes later from the center circle again working the ball into the Everton Half, Balotellis long range shot was blocked by the keeper only for Edin DZEKO to finish! form 9 yards a real tap in 2-2. Torres then made it 10 each a side after A horror tackle in the middle of the park leads to a straight red.

William Gallas then decided he wanted in on the goals converting a corner with a perfect header,3-2, It all got very quiet then until the 88th minute were Steven GERRARD beat two defenders and slotted home a great solo effort! 4-2

Mario-Balotelli-hat.jpg

That Hat was back out again in a cold night in london

Benn0

Good game, A game i though we controlled. We kept the ball well our pass and move play was excellent we controlled the tempo and in the end i think we got the goals we deserved we made chances 37 of them ! i dnt expect us to score everyone so the 4 goals pleases me. I said before the game we need to beat team Like Everton to be in with a shout of a top8 finish we have started well and we mean to go on ;)

Wycombe beat "Music Man" and his Northhampton

Wycombe has bounced back from defeat last week, and has managed to convince critics in an emphatic 2-0 win today. Wycombe dominated all aspects of the game, as they now find themselves 12th on the ladder, only a point seperating them from 5th.

Wycombe decided before its match, that all money made, would be put forth towards the "Make Poverty History" campaign. Before the match a minute silence was held, as special guest Zinedine Zidane.

5261158523_1899f26a66.jpg

Special arm bands were handed out before the match:

19.jpg

Wycombe's new captain, Fromlowitz, led out the new side. Wycombe intended to play very attacking football, and that is just what the fans saw. Although the crowd capacity was only 8,000 odd, the gatekeepers managed to fit in more, as the intensity felt like that of a match at Old Trafford.

packed-meadowlands.jpg

Wycombe dominated early on as they looked to sneak in an early goal. On loan Ayew, almost scored a stunner as he maintained his hard work through the entire half. Xavi Torres also came close but was denied by the woodwork. Benjamin De Ceulaer came close with a scorching effort, but it was cleared off the line. De Ceulaer, nely bought from Lokoren, finally broke the deadlock, as he finished from a yard out. In the 37th min it was 1-0. The half ended 1-0 with De Ceulaer & Andre Ayew being the best performers.

de%20ceulaer,%20benjamin%20(rkc%20waalwijk)%20(1).jpg

De Ceulaer, finishes off a wonderful team effort.

Wycombe started the second half in vigorous fashion. It only took them 2 minutes to double thier lead. In the 47th minute, Floro Flores stuck into the goals as he made it 2-0 to the visitors.

C_3_Media_771413_immagine_det.jpg

Floro Flores promised a haircut if he scored again, and thats what he did!

Once Wycombe took a 2-0 lead, Northampton began playing dirty. In total 4 yellow cards were shown for the home team, 3 alone coming in the secong half. The match finished 2-0 in the end. Wycombe finished in emphatic style.

Manager Shehan De Kariyak:

Very proud of the team's efforts today. There is no "I" in Team, and thats what helped us win today. I had nothing to do with the win. The team communicated well, as I hope this success carries on. We can only hope this same results occurs in Midweek.

Nottingham_Forest_logo.gif

Hot Start Takes Forest to the Top of the League

New season, same story. Although most people expected this season to be a season of adjustment to life in the premier league and hovering above the relegation zone for Forest, Forest seem thus far to have different plans, having staged an epic comeback against Chelsea in their first game at home, and then followed that up with a solid away win at Sunderland, who themselves are no pushovers.

However, Manager Al-Hendy seemed alot more cautious and reserved than he was in his first season when asked about his team and their progress. He said:

I'm very happy with our first two results of the season, but it's ridiculous to start getting carried away, we're only two games into the season! We have a very tricky match vs Tottenham away from home coming up, and even if we survive that game, we face the runnersup and then the champs of the Prem in consecutive games before our English Cup bye. Those could all easily end up being losses for us, and then we'll be back at the bottom and in the relegation talk, so its better to just keep quiet and go about our business until we actually have a string of impressive results.

Furthermore, the squad is far from final. I can't talk about too much because I don't want clubs trying to hijack our targets and what not, but it will suffice to say that at least a couple of players will be leaving, and more than a couple will be coming in. More on this in the coming days...

Last season was a mixed season for Forest. We started off red hot and unstoppable behind the firepower of Seedorf, Raul, and Balotelli, but when I decided the squad needed revamping, things cooled off majorly before we picked things back up, but it was too little too late for the title. Losing to Man U in the Shield Final was also quite unfortunate for us, we held on for an entire half but in the end their greater talent overcame us. Still, just reaching those heights, a final and being in the title race, was great for Forest, and hopefully we can continue our work this season.

The goals for this season are a top 10 finish (SMFA Spots) and a Shield/Cup Final. I know its ambitious, but we've already done the latter so we certainly should be able to do it again.

And with that, we leave you till next time. Tough three game stretch coming up for Forest, should give us an early indication of how ready they are for life in the Prem. And transfers, who could Al-Hendy be talking about? It'll all unfold in the coming days, so keep your eyes peeled...(or don't, don't need ppl hijacking my bids like Leeds in the last hour of the 24 hours :mad:)

OFFICIALEC7046BLOG.jpg

If any EC7046 managers would like to be a writer in the EC7046 BLOG - Just PM me your email address and I'll give you access to post articles.

When viewing articles - click on it's title coz that helps give it pageviews.

The most popular posts in last 7 days are at the foot of the blog.

blog can be viewed here:

http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.com

Middlesbrough.JPG

Hot Start Takes Boro to the Top of the League…

…but now after a minor blip away at Man Utd Boro they’re now back down to 9th. Okay, so that’s the Man U vs. Boro match report over (not to mention the bloody friendly vs. Dagenham!). But no worries, they’ll soon be heading back towards the top of the pile as Middlesbrough travel down to Craven Cottage this coming Saturday in what should be an easy three points against the league’s bottom club. It’s fair to say Fulham have been the pits so far this season, even worse in the league than they were in the SMFA Shield last time around, which really is saying something.

Tensions have been raised ahead of the game though by the total lack of respect shown by Fulham ‘boss’ Dom Latouche’s uncalled for ‘one trick pony, girly defence, spit in his face’ comments earlier this week. Better a one trick pony than a one trick phony some might say, with Latouche strutting around claiming he’s the transfer king. You only need to look no further than his injury list to see one of his so-called ‘star men’ Michael Carrick. If that United reject is supposed to be an example of the transfer genius then it looks like Fulham are on a fast track to division 2.

But what of Latouche’s kitty persona that he rolled out during his latest incoherent rant? Speaking on the condition of anonymity a Fulham official has confided that Dom’s nickname is indeed ‘The Cat.’ “We call him that,” the official revealed, “on account of the fact that he likes to lick his own genitalia, more often than not during halftime team talks. Says it relaxes him.” The source then continued, “Well, that and his ‘Dom’ nickname, which everyone knows is short for Dominatrix. Each one of us at some time or another has felt the wrath of Dom’s leather whip, wooden paddle, or if he’s really mad, ‘the feather’ .

dungeonIMG_3500.jpg

Fulham’s training gym after Dominatrix has had his hands on it

Indeed, with still no goals to their names Fulham failures Antonio Valencia and Rodríguez Pedro in particular have felt the Cat’s fury. The anonymous source admitted, “To be fair though a few of us have suspicions that Antonio and Pedro actually quite like it. I wouldn’t be expecting anything decent from them sometime soon. Yeah, the lads are really divided here. Some really want out but others just love it. I mean, how do you think Carrick really got injured? Say no more.”

image-6-for-manchester-united-arrive-at-incheon-international-airport-in-south-korea-gallery-559025313.jpg

Michael Carrick tries to get his story straight with Dom upon his release

from hospital after his left testicle was ‘accidentally’ trapped in a vice

So with Fulham wrapped up in the secretive world of Dom the dominatrix’s sadomasochistic fantasies is it really surprising that he enjoys seeing them lose so often? Oh, you can just imagine how much he enjoys the agony of defeat, and so seemingly do many of his ‘star players’. So really it’s hard to see anything other than an easy three points for Boro this weekend, who want to get in and get out before, quote, “Something weird happens.”

That said, things have been a bit weird at Boro of late, ever since the signing of former Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez. A series of troubling photos have been discovered by Boro manager Jooles of his goal-scoring ace prior to his time on Teesside. “I won’t lie to you,” said Jooles, “if I’d have seen this sort of stuff beforehand we’d not have signed him. If we wanted this sort of thing we’d have signed that Fulham misfit Pedro.”

mario-gomez-2009-8-11-11-41-0.jpg

Mario-Gomez.jpg

mariogomez.thumbnail.jpg

mariogomezd.jpg

Walter Samuel in particular was put out by the white pants

Tottenham Vs Nottingham Forest Pre-match preview

tottenham-logo.jpg

Tomorrow night Spurs welcome the Top team in Division 1, No not Chelsea, United or Arsenal, Spurs welcome the high flying giant killing Nottingham Forest who this season have recorded a decent win at Sunderland and a Giant Killing display at Home to Chelsea. Spurs themselves are enjoying a good start to the season sitting 4th with a Host of teams on 4 points with a Draw and a Win to their name's, This will be the first meeting between the two teams and the two managers.

Forest say they are looking at a top 10 finish and a place in the final of either the English Cup/Or Shield, Both are realistic and achievable aims thanks to the great work Forest manager Mo has done there, Benno has stressed the importance of beating teams compeating for SMFA competition places such as Everton whom they beat Wednesday night. So were does he place his opponents tonight in terms of danger to his top 8 finish.

Benno On tonight's opponents....

With out a doubt Mo has done wonders at Forest, And would have easily won Division 2 in any other season other then last, and its only because of Middlesbrough's remarkable signings that i believe they missed out, They came close to silverware too losing 2-0 to the Champions of England nothing to fell bad about there, I think you have to count them as a threat they strong there Attack Force carry's real power Eto and old Tottenham Lad Kanoute, If anything they lack depth witch could be a down fall if they do not finish inside the top 10 note how i said not inside the top 10 ;) I dont think they will be any were near the bottom 3, I think Forest will be a rival this season for the spot were id like to roughly finish so they must be beaten in both fixtures however its easier said then done.

Benno On spurs...

I hope that excellent win over Everton maybe be used as a catalyst for a better season, One filled with more Ups then down and one were we are in the hunt for Silverware rather then a fight to see of relegation, Iv said time and time again a top 8 finish with a Semi Final in a top Cup/Shield competition is our aim and i see no reason with the squad and individual players we have here why thats not achievable. Forest a good team no question but its a win were looking at here it must be a win and i wouldnt approach any other game Differently you need to go into every game to try to win and we will be doing that Saturday..

Starting 11

LLoris (GK)

Hutton

Gallas

Lescott

Bale ©

Schweinstiger

Cole

Gerrard

Balotelli

Adebayor

Dzeko

fulham.jpg

Dominic answers questions

After jooles shocking accuseations of dominic latouche running a domantrix in his training building and Jooles questioning dominic's reputation as a transfer market specialist , Dominic had this to say

'' Jooles dawson has not accused me of running a domantrix he has just revealed his plans to 2 players rumored to be Casillas and gomez and I think he will build his domantrix to satisfy his gory fantasy !!

And I have seen his team in training , There is a training drill he loves to use that he calls penetrateing a tight defence! Here is a exclusive photo of his training method

tevez-fisting-rio-1-440x257.jpg

And now he questions my transfers? He is the one that brought a over rated ponce such as Mario gomez who cannot get a start at muchen who he brought for a deal worth 30 million pound and he has a defender who is not prem standard jamie carragher and a forward that has a goalscoreing record to make heskey a world class finisher! And he has a player that I sold at arsenal Eboue who I thought as a player not worthy even at fulham! So he has a great nack at transfers AND he dared to critise my main men carrick who has been superb so far he is in the prime in his career and I rate more higher than xavi as he has been playing miles better!

He critised pedro?? He has been superb signing , he is rated as the best young player in world football and have been rejecting bids from barcelona from up to 50 million pedro my main forward cost me round 13 million snd gomez a player he cannot score a girl in a brothel 30 million , I have a better squad and a better team , JOOLES YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE IN MY LEAGUE , YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO MANAGEMENT AND WILL TAKE BORO DOWN LONG TERM WITH NO DEPTH IM GOING ALL OUT TO TAKE YOUR PLAYERS OUT OF ACTION!

5124934997_3f438087d0.jpg

fulham.jpg

La Touche's Fulham have went from one blunder to the next and if it wasn't for fulhams dire financial plight, the manager would probably have been let go, but since they had no money to pay him off he kept the hotseat, which didn't please the fulham fans.

One fan said at the end of the season "Its a disgrace that we can't afford to let him go, he's dragging the club down, we deserve better" the last comment echos the views of many fans and was the catalyst of the "We Deserve Better" campaign where fans boycotted the teams home match's in protest at the clubs inability to sack La touche.

So it seems that the comments by Rochdale manager GaryMack have some substance and maybe Mr La Touche should look alittle closer to home before criticising other teams and other managers:p

MILLWALLSOCCERTIMES2.jpg

MILLWALL 4 CRYSTAL PALACE 1

An excellent win here for Millwall.

However, it was Palace who opened the scoring when BRIGHI scored on 18 minutes which put them 1-0 up at the interval.

After the break Millwall won a free-kick and YILMAZ's ambitious effort went in to level the score on 47 mins.

Millwall had 55% of the possession and went up a gear and ERNESTO FARIAS scored with an excellent header after 55 mins which put the home side 2-1 up. Shortly after, FARIAS scored a powerful shot in off the post on 62 mins which helped to ease the tension.

Palace then had TOQUERO red carded after 71 mins.

EMILE HESKEY completed the scoring after a long ball over the defence was superbly controlled by him to volley past the motionless 'keeper on 86 mins. A fine ending to a great match for MILLWALL.

MAN OF THE MATCH - EMILE HESKEY (Millwall)

MILLWALLSOCCERTIMES2.jpg

CHARLTON v MILLWALL Preview

This match should be a cracker.

Millwall have never won against CHARLTON.

In season -1 we had:

MILLWALL 0 CHARLTON 1

CHARLTON 3 MILLWALL 1

--------------------------------------

This season Charlton have won ONE match and lost two matches in the league. WLL

Millwall have drawn one and won two. DWW

Both teams have played Leyton Orient and Brentford this season.

Charlton 2 Leyton Orient 0

Leyton Orient 2 Millwall 5

Brentford 4 Charlton 0

Millwall 1 Brentford 1

Millwall have added to their squad since the teams last met and EMILE HESKEY has scored 3 goals with 2 assists in the first three matches. Ernesto FARIAS has also scored 3 and had 2 assists. So, upfront Millwall are scoring well which makes them the top scoring club in the English Championship EC7046.

It would be a huge result for Millwall if they won the match but our record against Charlton isn't good and we hope to rectify that and show the league that Millwall are serious contenders for the league Championship title.

Anglo-Welsh Cup Preview

flagenglandwales.gif

The competition is over 2 legs and it between

Cardiff Vs Swansea

Bristol Rovers Vs Bristol City

The first game is on the 13th January 2011 and the return leg is on the 20th January 2011.

Cardiff enter the competition in mix form with 1 defeat, 1 victory and 1 draw whilst opponents enter with a run of 3 defeats. With Cardiff having home advantage, it seems they are hot favourites to win the opener

Bristol City have started the league with 2 out of 3 victories and its the same with opponents Bristol Rovers but home advantage for Rovers could see them edge it