English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7027 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

Colombians join the Seagulls

618.png

When you think of South Americans you think of flair, fast passed football and long hair and thats exaclly what fans of Brighton are expecting. The players , whos deals were acsepted today and now only have to go through a medical for the transfers to go through are expected to make a big impact on the south coast with many tipping them to be the players that fire Brighton into division 3

The first of the 4 signings was comfirmed as Colombian goalkeeper Botero who is set to be the number one for the first half of the season and will be an important part of the defence. Alejandro cost £175,000 + Brezovan. The second comfirmed signing was of Davinson Monslave who plays as a centre half. The 26 year old has cost Brighton fan favorite Tommy Elphick + £90,000. With two defensive minded players already brought in by Duffy two midfielders were on the cards with Brighton bringing in 20 year old centre midfielder Elkin Blanco and 20 year old left midfield / left back Ricardo Villarraga. Elkin was brought in for Whing + £150,000 while Ricardo was brought in for Hawkins + £400,000

The teams so far:

GK: Botero (77) //

RB: Assem (77) //

LB: Villarraga (74) //

CB: Rajkovic (85) //

CB: Monsalve (78) //

CM: Ramsey (86) //

CM: Blanco (76) //

AM:

LAM: Sade (77)

RAM:

CF: Di Santo (86) // Maree (76)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first match report in over a year so please excuse me if I'm a bit rusty :o.

175px-West_Bromwich_Albion.svg.png

WBA Overview

A couple of days ago, after the departure of Roberto Di Matteo, WBA were quick to pounce on a new manager in local lad Tom Sinar, who has come out of managerial retirement to come back to a career which has brought much success over the globe in 4 different continents. Sinar, who agreed a 12 month rolling contract with the Premiership new-boys takes over in a newly created Head Coach role, as shown as an initiative to move forward in the game, like Manchester City and many leading European teams.

Chairman Jeremy Peace has announced his delight at snapping up Sinar and told of his ambitions, "Having appointing Sinar on board states a new ambition in the club to drive forward and establish ourselves as a Premier League team. I'm delighted with the choice we have made and have the full confidence that finally a club like ours will thrive under the chemistry of having a well structured team and a local lad in Sinar".

----------------

Major changes are expected at the Hawthorns, the whole team is being revamped to challenge the ever increasing standards of the Premier League.

Upon his arrival, Sinar commented on the many aspects that were faced by the new Head Coach.

"Firstly, I am reveling the prospect of become the man to take the reigns here at the Hawthorns. Ever since I was a little kid I've been dreaming of this moment. From this point on, this is where it gets serious and it changes".

"I have been given a respectable budget of £20m to go forth in my aim to survive relegation and establish the great club as it once was, and have put it to use by already signing 4 players. Every single position shall be replaced or improved as the club look set to improve".

When asked about the challenging teams of the Premiership, Sinar thinks he can hack the superiority of the other teams. "When you look at the clubs of the big four, and you also have Spurs, Man City and Aston Villa, it's a very tough league on paper, and with teams like Wigan Athletic and Bolton Wanderers strengthening their teams with very reputable players, this will make the league alot harder. They both have very good managers at the helm and like myself, they want to push their team to the next level, as all the managers do in this division".

----------------

Transfers

As revealed by Sinar, West Brom have signed 4 players, and have another 4 players in negotiations.

Sinar said, "We're busy in the market on all fronts, whether it's looking for loans for backups or strengthening the core of the team, we are always looking forward to welcoming new players.

Firstly to come to the club is Mexico captain and ex-Barcelona defender Rafael Marquez. The 31 year old joins the Baggies for a fee of £3m and defenders Leon Barnett and Gianni Zuiverloon in exchange for the Mexican's services. The European Champions League and La Liga champion, checked in this morning.

Sinar was quick to welcome the player to the club and has already named him as the skipper for the forthcoming season. "It's a honour to welcome Rafael on board, his an experienced player with an incredible pedigree. he has amassed a total of 94 caps for his country so far, and was at Barcelona, who in my eyes are the best club in the world for 7 seasons. He will be an instant hit with the fans and I can't wait to see him in action. He will lead out the Albion this season as our new captain".

2362429.jpg

(Mexico skipper Rafael Marquez at the 2010 World Cup)

Following Marquez is ex-French international Robert Pires, who joins on a free agent, with a signing fee for around £2.6m. The winger, who can also play in attacking midfield joins with massive experience in the Premier League with Arsenal is a massive coup for the club.

Speaking at the press conference, Sinar welcomed the 79 capped winger with open arms. "I am delighted to welcome a player of Pires' stature to the club, he comes with experience and the ability to push us forward. He may be getting on a bit now but at his age, he is vital both on and off the pitch as he shall be influential to the team".

robert-pires.jpg

(Pires celebrating a goal with Spanish giants Villarreal)

Among the elite force coming into the team, German international Timo Hildebrand has arrived at the club for a fee of £5million. Hildebrand had enjoyed success with Stuttgart before making a big money move to giants Valencia. After a brief spell, he returned to his native homeland with once shock contenders Hoffenheim.

The 6ft1 stopper shall be the first team choice keeper for West Brom, and with vast experience in Germany and Spain, shall be a very big signing for the club.

hildebrandtimo_585095.jpg

(Hildebrand on international duty with Germany)

The final of the four signings is Honduras striker David Suazo. The striker links up with the Albion on the back of a disappointing World Cup. The striker has joined the Albion of a fee of £1.2m and unwanted defender Abdoulaye Meite, who goes to Inter Milan as part of the deal.

Suazo, 30, is expected to lead the frontline and set the benchmark for other strikers if they are expected to dislodge the experienced striker.

david-suazo-la-pante_42894.jpg

(Goalscorer Suazo celebrates for Inter Milan)

The other four transfers shall be reported tomorrow when fully signed.

Rock solid start for WBA

14nivzl.png

The fixture list has not been on West Brom's side this time, with a rock solid start with the likes of Everton, Chelsea and Liverpool drawn into Sinar's first seven matches.

Sinar commented, "It's a very hard start that we really did not need. A tricky home time against Stoke who are an improving side with a very good manager at the helm. Then after that to have teams like Everton and Chelsea away, I'm not so confident that we will have a good start".

When asked about facing friend Nick Justice's Wigan Athletic so early in the season, Sinar admitted it was a tricky tie, but none-the-less forward to such a great looking match. "Of course it will be tough, no game ever is easy in this division, Wigan have a great manager and with the signings they have made like Neuer and Marin, of course it will be hard. But I'm sure under Nick they'll play good football and looking at it in perspective it shall be a match to behold".

premiership.jpg

Good luck to everybody in all divisions! :D

B)

Chelsea Look To Strenghen

Chelsea-fc.jpg

In Recent times it has become clear that new Chelsea boss Aaron Duffy is not one to let other Clubs hikack bids for players he is intrested in and has made it clear to the fans that there will be additions to the four players already signed so far this season.Fans could enjoy players that graced the world cup and some players that have not reached there full potential but are set to reach the level of Lampard and Drogba at the club these players yet to reach there full potential would be tutored by the likes of lampard and Drogba to become there successors at the Club , along with the new search for suitable youth Duffy is intrested in adding some much needed experience to the squad this comes in the shape of ex inter milan center back Lucio.

chelsea-shirt.jpg

With The Chelsea Manager Looking to make changes the fans at stanford Bridge did expect big players coming throught the door but none would of seen Germany's world Cup Superstar and Playmaker Mesut Ozil coming throught the door early on Tuesday morning joining from Wedern Bremen The Attacking midfielder who can also play on the left side of midfield seemed very happy but was badly wanting to get to the tranning ground to link up with his new team mates and the press introduction wasn't a Big concern for the 21 year old , who anwserd questions very breifly.

Mesut Ozil:

I'm Very Pleased to Have Joined such a Big Club its always been my dream to play for a club of this stature, i hope i can do great things for the club and reach my peak whilst here i know i have more to give and Chelsea fans will be sure to see it from me.I just cant wait to meet my team mates and get tranning started.

Aaron Duffy:

I'm Very happy to capture Mesut to the club i welcome him and his family to the area , i've had a short chat with the lad and it's clear he has big ambitions which match mine and the clubs , I'm Sure we can improve the lad futher more and make him one of the most feared players in the world he's got the potential it may just take him a while getting use to the way Div One is played but its a great day for the club and im sure a great day for Mesut.

22june09-mezutozilruns.jpg

Along With Mesut Ozil , Another World cup experienced player joins chelsea , this time Brazilian and Inter Milan Center Half Lucio , Lucio has been added to a already talented defensive line at Stanford Bridge with John Terry , Ricardo Carvalho and Branislav Ivanovic all fighting it out for the Center Back Postition. Lucio A Veteran Of 3 world cups is set to play alongside John Terry but he is going to have to make a massive impact straight away due to the amount of experience in the squad. But Chelsea Fans should be excited as Lucio has signed a 4 year contract worth £63,000 a week meaning Lucio is set to finish his Playing Days at Chelsea.

Ferriera Lucio:

I'm Very pleased to have joined such a big club , im very excited about this move and it is the most serouis in my playing carear so far with so many considered ' big teams' in this county i'm excited to play in this division and im sure i can help the fans enjoy the retaiment of the divison one title again this season.

Aaron Duffy:

Well What can i say when i got the news Swansea had Withdrew there bid for Ferriera and we had are offer accepted i was overjoyed he adds the much need strengh to are back line we needed due to us loaning out Michael Mancienne To Sheffield United And Slobodan Rajkovic Joining Brighton For The Season. Questions have been asked about Ferriera's Age but for a Player of his age hes in top condition and can out run any forward in are squad and those in division one i think that Ferriera will definatly be playing top level and be a top level athlete for at least another 3-4 years realisticaly and then we will look to adding him to are back room staff.

Portugal-vs-Brazil-World-Cup-20101-.jpg

Lucio On Brazil Duty

Also Joining from another italian club Juventus was Italian International Centre Midfeilder Claudio Marchisio the 24 year old joins Chelsea on a 3 year deal worth £44,700 a week ,the Centre midfeilder has said to impress Chelsea Manager Aaron Duffy after he watched Juventus Friendly against Japanese Side Kwasaki Fonstane Last Tuesday , Claudio Is Set to play back up to Frank Lampard , Michael Essien and John Obi Mikel with massive compatitions for two postitions Duffy has hard choices to make for Chelseas opening game against Bolton.

Claudio Marchisio:

I'm Very happy about my move its going to take some time to settle in and get use to the way in which English football is played and i know it will take a little while for me to create my best football but i knew it would be hard compatitions for places here and im ready to give my all to prove To the Stanford Bridge Faithful im have the same hopes and ambitions as them.

Aaron Duffy:

I'm Very Pleased With The additon Of Claudio he's Got the Potential to become a great player maybe even one of the all time greats , i've spoke to him Frank,Michael and John About a rotation System for this season and there all agreed it is for the best for the squad the club and there fitness , Claudio i hope is set to become a major player in the chelsea squad and has already set himself ambitous goals for this campaign

claudio-marchisio-juventus.jpg

Claudio For Juve

The Final New Signing at The Bridge is Alvaro Arbeloa From Spanish Giants Real Madrid the Spanish Wing Back is set to become lead right back for chelsea whilst also being able to cover in when Ashley Cole Is unavailibe. Ex Liverpool Right Back Arbeloa has been warmly welcomed by The Chelsea Faithful and is already a fan favorite. Arbeloa Joined on Tuesday Morning at Around 11.15 on a 4 year contract work just under £50,000 a week.

Alvaro Arbeloa:

I'm very pleased to return to The Premiership i always said i would one day and im happy it is with chelsea im happy about my role at the club and am happy with the fans as they seem very ambitious at the this club i hope i can play my part in retaining the Division One Title And have a strong desire to succsed.

Aaron Duffy:

Alvaro Is the Last addition to the defensive side of the squad im planning to make this season he adds more experience and strengh to the squad and i hope he can use his desire and ambition to add to the squads target of retaining the division one title for all the fans at this club , hes a very humoured lad and will be a great laugh to have around the camp

Arbeloa.jpg

Arbeloa in his liverpool days

Finnaly The Deal involving Florence Malouda To Tottenham is On The rocks as Tottenham Manager Bc Cliffs couldnt come to a deal in which both clubs could benfit , althought the relationship bettween the manager is still very strong and there is a understanding , there is still hope that one day soon the two clubs can come to a deal involving malouda. Although Malouda's Departure Is not happening , Eight Chelsea Players have joined lower leauge teams on loan the most notiable being Di Santo And Slobodan Rajkovic joining highly ambitious Divison Four Side Brighton & hove Albion Managed By Aaron Duffy's Brother Ashley. Along With The Duo Joining Brighton, Michael Mancienne has moved to Sheffield United for the Season Along With Jack Cork And Nemanjia Matic Who have joined Other Division 2 Clubs Derby And Leeds Respectivly , Wing Back Ryan Bertrand has also left the club on loan to join Divison Three Side Charlton Athletic Duffy is said to be very happy with the youth players leaving on loan as they will gain much experience whilst away from the club.

Malouda.jpg

Malouda looks to stay

Manager Aaron Duffy Had A Short Message For All Teams:

To All Managers Best Of Luck in this First Season In English Championship 7027 and i hope to do bussiness with you in the future any lower leauge clubs needing a loan ill happily let anyone in my youth team join them bar Daniel Sturrdige who is a back up to the first team at the present time

SHEFFIELD United

Manager Elton Gjoni wrapped up the signings of 5 youngsters to join Matej Delac in the Sheffield United Team. Among them was 21 year old Midfielder Phillip Bargfrede from Werder Bremen in a swap deal with 24 year old Stephen Quinn, 17 year old Stephan El Shaarawy from Genoa in a player exchnage with 40 year old Gary Speed heading to Genoa, 21 year old Mark Nikhazi, who is tipped to improve in rating by a lot in coming years, changing teams with Matthew Lowton who goes to play for MTK Hungária, 21 year old CB Pereira Roque Maicon also moved from FC Porto for 200k plus Prolific CB Chris Morgan, Elton Gjoni was reluctant to lose Morgan but the abilities of Maicon were very valuable to the Sheffield United first team and the final signing was David Alaba from Bayern Munich who is a very good young LB who will improve a lot in the coming years. El Shaaraawy will be put up for loan immediately as well as Nikhazi while Alaba, Maicon and Bargfrede will be installed into the first-team immediately.

Manager Gjoni also added

My team is far from done and I also had bids for 17 year old Diego Orlando Suarez from Dynamo Kiev and Pavel Yakovlev from Spartak Moskva accepted. Suarez will be put up for loan while Yakovlev will be a back-up for the first team. I have also made more than 15 bids for players including a star player who everyone knows well from the World Cup. Even if some of the players I have offered for move to other teams, I have a back-up option for each player in each position.

Newsflash:

In a spending spree of 15 new players at Sheffield, 7 more players bids were accepted today along with a few more yet to be accepted but manager Gjoni is hopeful competition will be beaten. The list of arriving players adding to the current list: Ekdal from Juventus, Oblak from Benfica, Carbrera from Atletico Madrid, Knezevic from Borac Čačak, Cagarin from Galatasaray, Lee Addy from Berekum Arsenal and Andre Ayew from Marseille. The last two players were signed for Sheffield based on their performances for Ghana in the World Cup. Another Ghana star is set to arrive to the United side it has been tipped by the manager. However Elton Gjoni has not had to break the bank yet with only spending 4.85m so far but offering player exchanges which has removed weaker players and improved the overall team rating. He still has 10m at his disposal.

Newsflash:

This afternoon the bid of 4 million in an excellent swoop for Keirrison from Barcelona. This is going to the manager's 16th signing and one of the highest rated players to lead the club's attack. Elton's transfer spree has already been dampened by the setbacks of losing out on Lukaku, Douglas Costa and most recently, the talented Sami Khedira. However, replacements have been lined up and Elton Gjoni has only promised 4 more signings before he brings his spending to a close.

5 New names arrive at Plymouth Argyle

0107943734985001.gif

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is the first to arrive at Home Park

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSG7C0Phl-D3aQfI-ukklDlxYDkmhUBx07sO43UPWFBeVWgUY&t=1&usg=__kpX42Y0evOWN8GHnHvszFdEEgpg=

This morning it was confirmed that Huntelaar will leave AC Milan for Plymouth Argyle for a fee of 10 Million. Many supporters of Plymouth were surprised to see a world class striker arrive, considering the standards of AC Milan. After Vik P took the managerial spot for Plymouth, most supporters were questioning whether he is the right man for the job..

This is what Vik P had to say :

Of course people will doubt me, any new manager without any reputation will always get questioned, but that's life. I bought Huntelaar because I know what he's capable of doing. All I can say is, let the football do it's talking.

Greek Wonder kid, Sotiris Ninis is next to arrive at Home Park

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_3hGt2QsDRPpvLOT8aplhhPfcVzkDrZ0b-8qJvBhqzhKr3IU&t=1&usg=__TkXAY3zBfgd9NepBytAuaDsv_C8=

A fee of 7 Million was agreed between Plymouth Argyle and Panathinaikos. This transfer was one of Vik P's favourite and had targeted and spotted Ninis

when he was just 9.

Ninis is has always been one of my favourite players. I believe in looking towards the future, and I can promise you he is a superstar. Crossing, Dribbling, Skills, Vision is some of the skills he possess.

Chilean Wing Wizard, Mark Gonzalez is signing number 3.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU8N6DRC6XkiVaNParXVZm7uCpWYNKKLU86VbzoNo3UfkSaf4&t=1&usg=__1VCDOneTF8NZwf9NUHqGGq80m-s=

Another winger was snapped up by Vik P this morning for a fee around 5 million between CSKA and Plymouth Argyle.

I have always been a fan of Gonzalez. I was monitoring him at Liverpool and I felt there was some hidden talent within him. I bought him because he and Ninis can provide the crossing ability for Huntelaar to get the goals.

Real Madrid Drop out, Drenthe & Munich's Forgotten DM Ottl are bought soon after.

I wanted to add some quality to my defence, and Drenthe and Ottl provide just that. Drenthe will be used as a Left-Back as for Ottl will play as a Defensive Midfielder. This should tighten the back line, but a few more players are still on my shortlist, just waiting for the right time to bid..:D

2 more attracted to the South Coast

618.png

With 7 signings already at the Withdean number 8 and 9 were not really a suprise. At the start of his managerial appointment Duffy said that he would be bringing in bulk and thats exaclly what the young manager has done.

The first of the deals is for yet another striker with boss Ashley Duffy seeing the position as a potential money making area as everyone wants to have a goalscorer. The young 23 year old signed is Carlos Baca from Junior in Colombia. Carlos has cost the seaside club £500,000 + Carole after he turned down intrest from 3rd division side MK Dons. The 2nd deal was for Eygyption centre back Abdell Aati who joins from Eygyption 1st division side petrojet for a fee of £950,000 beating off intrest from northern team Carlise. Abdell is now seen as a short term money maker who will mostly be a squad player until he is sold later in the year.

Abdell Aati

Many people in my country have questioned what i am doing leaving my home, my family and a great nationally recognised team to play for a team in a foriegn land and espically one they had never even heard of but why would i turn down the oppurtunity to join such a revolution and be part of something special? there is no reason and thats why i want to be here to help the team. I turned down Carlise as it is to cold up there in the winter and i wanted to be somewhere a little warmer plus i know im going to a club with ambitions and drive to get where they want to be

The fans all seem pretty keen on the changes but how will they feel in two months if this foriegn intake dont make the grade?

manchester-city-football-club-logo.gif

Van Der Vaart Becomes New City’s Player

rafael_van_der_vaar_512270a.jpg

Rafael Van Der Vaart was officially unveiled as Manchester City's newest player yesterday in a presentation the City Of Manchester Stadium. As pictured above, he was introduced by Manchester City's President Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and club Manager,El Nino.Rafael van der Vaart is only 27-years old but has been playing top flight football for eight years. He broke into the Ajax first team at the age of 17 and after five seasons with them, he joined German side Hamburg, where he has been for the last three seasons.

Man City splashed out about 10 million euros plus Viera to sign him, which is not a bad price for somone his age who is not only very talented but also well-experienced.

Van Der Vaart tends to be a steaky player and how he will perform in EPL under the new giant spotlight of the Manchester City remains to be seen but his signing became all the more important following the news of Nigel De Jong has been in talks with Arsenal.

“This is wonderful signing for us.We managed to sign him from Madrid.He also had received an offer from Nottingham Forest but he

Choose to sign for us.I believed he will show us what he can.Anyway,

He will not playing for our opening match against Arsenal this Saturday.”

El Nino said.

Player Profile

Name:Rafael Van Der Vaart

Nationality: Netherland

Salary:90,000 per Match

Position: Attacking Midfielder.

The Captain Has Arrived

Derby County are pleased to announce the signing of Uruguayan Goalkeeper Fernando MUSLERA. The keeper first caught the eye of Nikidinho when playing for Lazio in 2009.

article-0-0674ECF3000005DC-640_468x379.jpg

His outstanding performances in the FIFA 2010 World Cup was the determining factor in signing him. Nikidinho says

Muslera has shown his abundant ability in the World Cup and I believe that with his composure and cool head he is the perfect example to lead my revamped team out of the tunnel.

Brighton announce parent Club

chelsea.jpg618.png

Brighton & Hove Albion have announced that roumers of an affiliation bettween themselves and Premiership side Chelsea are true and that Chelsea will be Brighton's new parent club from now on. Brighton who currently have two loanies from Chelsea in defender Rajkovic and striker Di Santo are set to have first option on any Chelsea player avalible for loan and will also have priority on buying players off Chelsea if they can match the highest offer. Chelsea have first option on any Brighton player if any potential youngsters ome through the Brighton ranks and will also have a reliable club to send youngsters out to where they know they will get games.
FrancoDiSanto.jpg

The Deal will cost Chelsea football club £423,000 a season with the money going into the youth development section at the seagulls training complex. Many roumers suggest that both club managers played a huge part in the deal as they are brothers and wanted to help each other out.

Ashley Duffy Interview

How much can this deal be put down to the family connection bettween you and the chelsea manager?

Almost 100% me and Aaron agreed the deal and got the boards intrested it was mostly are doing. The board here at Brighton was very keen from the start as we would have some spare cash while getting 2/3 decent loans from them a season for the forseeable future but Chelsea's directors took longer to decide but im just pleased its all sorted now.

Will this deal affect the Ramsey loan ? After all shurely Chelsea want you to take another youth on loan?

We told Chelsea when we started dealing that Ramsey was staying put here for as long as Arsenal were happy with him being here. He is a big part of our plans for the coming season and there is no way i would return him.

With the cash going into youth development can we expect to see some decent young prospects break through into the first team?

We need to see how things go. At the moment the cash will be used to improve the youth training facilites and also to improve the coaching and amount of games they play considerbly. If all goes to plan in 2 maybe 3 years we can start promoting starts

NEWSLOGO.png

VILLA ANNOUNCE NEW SIGNINGS

Today, Aston VIlla manager Kieran Tidy has announced a quartet of signings at VIlla Park. The rookie boss has brought in 4 big names to bolster his squad ahead of his season opener against Everton on Saturday (7th August.) He has spent big money on his Villa squad for this season an many predict it will pay off with the quality he has brought in.

The first name to be brought in was Luis Fabiano, the 29-year old Brazilian forward from Sevilla, known for his prolific goalscoring and great strength, Fabiano is an excellent signing for sleeping giant Villa. Next to be added to his squad was Norwegian left-back Jon Arne Riise, a deadly left foot and a crunching tackle, Riise will be one of the strongest LB's in the league this season. Next to be added was a Spaniard, Andoni Iraola from Athletic Club, vast experience an great awareness, Iraola and Riise will be one of the best set's of full-backs in the league providing a solid defence. And lastly it was defence that Tidy again splashed the cash on, when Tidy spent big to bring former French international goalkeeper Sebastien Frey to Villa Park, one of the most experienced European goalkeepers around, Villa are looking to concee a minimal amount of goals as it stands.

Here are profiles for all of Villa's new signings:

FABIANOO.png

RIISEE.png

FREYY.png

IRAOLAA.png

"I am extremely happy with the calibre of player I have been able to bring in. When i took up this job, some people expected I would be out my depth and struggle to get the players in, and to be honest I felt the same after many bids I placed were rejected, but who can complain now. I had a base of who I wanted to sign from the start, and luckily 4 of those players were Luis, Jon, Andoni and Sebastien, I could not be happier with the team I have formed and I cannot wait until Saturday."

Duffy tips Di santo

618.png

Brighton boss Ashley Duffy has today announced that he expects on loan striker Fraco Di Santo to be the top scorer in division 4. The young Argie has only been at the club 3 days but from what Duffy has seen he believes that the forward has the capabilites to eaisily finish top scorer in the divison.

Franco-di-Santo-001.jpg

Di santo

Duffy

He is quick , good on the ball and goes past players like there not even there. Some of the lads in training have just been amazed by him there is a real positive feeling about him and i can eaisily see him being top scorer this season in division 4 which will help us out alot in our aim for promotion. Its now no suprise to us that some smaller prem teams wanted him , at 6ft 3 he can really cause some problems for the oppositions defences and get the goals teams want.

Di santo , profile and reponse

DisantoProfile.jpg

Di santo

Im very pleased about what the boss has said and i hope to live up to his expectations, i just want to prove to myself , the fans and the critics that i can score goals and hopfully if i achieve this i would have proved it. Aswell as this i want to help brighton get into division 3 and hopefully earn my self a place in the chelsea team.
Guest Ciaranmc2k10

SunderlandCrest.gif

Sunderland land top young players.

Due to sports matters the Sunderland manager has been so unactive the last two days but the transfers havent stoped and has signed a few players such as Loic Remy, McDonald Mariga, Wilson Cuero, Deniss Rakels, Raul Meireles and Nicolas Otamendi and the talented Salvatore Sirigu.

All these players apart from Cuero and Rakels will be main players in Sunderlands hope for any throphys this year.

They have all been great signings but the Raul Meireles has been are best buy in the market and will be a key figure in Sunderlands midfield but expect another few signings with all the money left over.

Raul Meireles was a great buy and will be a great player over the season with us and I would expect great things from him if he's to help us win throphys with his great vision and his attacking ability but are only problem is finding a top midfielder who can be level on abilty and elp out the defense when he attacks.

Captain named

The captain for Sunderland for the season apart from being rested will be Nicolas Otamendi who will be a key figure in the backline at centre back and we need him to perform if we are going to win trophys and I belive in his capability if I didnt he would'nt be here.The vice captain will be Raul Meireles.

otamendiSAFC.png

Defence

The Sunderland defence is not the strongest part of there team with Otamendi more than likely at CB and Paulo Da Silva at RB and Marcos Angeleri along Otamendi at CB and George Mcarteny at LB but that team line-up at defence could change with the transfer target in mind.

Forwards.

This is how I feel are strongest positon line-up with Loic Remy and Darren Bent who can score goals for fun and help are throphy cabinet fill up.We need these players to be on there best form for the season.

36958_news.jpg

Loic Remy

darren_bent_415.jpg

Darren Bent

Captain Otamendi on Middlesborough

Middlesborough are nothing to us as they are only in division two and we wont come face to face untill maby next season if they can achive promotion under new mnager Jooles who has the right managerial expierence to guide them to promotion but untill then.

Middlesbrough.JPG

It couldn’t be done, said many. “If you manage to get Casillas I’ll literally fly to Canada just to shake your hand” said others. Well, amidst the frantic activity of the booking of cheap flights and the washing of hands, in possibly the transfer coup of the century Middlesbrough can confirm the signing of the world’s number one keeper, Iker Casillas.

78845_REALMADRID_CASILLAS_110309.jpg

Iker Casillas

The 29 year old shot stopper and new Boro captain arrived on Teesside just yesterday and is already excited at the prospect and challenge of playing in Div 2. “Forget Real” he was quoted as saying, “This is where it is at. This club has a vision, that vision is to go places, and I want to be part of that vision. Besides, Mourinho is an ****”.

A club spokesman refused to speculate on where those places are that Boro are going to go, but when pressed conceded, “Well, it won’t be the Nou Camp or the Giuseppe Meazza, that’s for sure. At least not for some time. We’re going to the Liberty Stadium at Swansea this coming Saturday. I don’t think Casillas has ever been to Wales, so that’ll be nice”.

In a double transfer shock Casillas was also joined by his sports journalist girlfriend Sara Carbonero, who at a hastily arranged Middlesbrough press conference made the stunning announcement that she too will be signing for Boro as the new Boro sports reporter.

saracarboneroi.jpg

WAG

When asked with regards to Carbonero if it was true that “all the players will get a go” Casillas just smiled and said, “We’ll have to see about that. If morale drops then maybe, just maybe. I’m here for the team and that’s the main thing”

In a frantic week for Middlesbrough in the transfer market Casillas and Carbonero were also joined by a whole host of other stars as Boro sought to demonstrate their ambition in returning to a position that a club of their stature deserves – you know, somewhere middle-to-bottom-ish in the top division, always just a few points above the relegation zone.

Top of the list of new names is former Inter star Walter Samuel, but Samuel refused to comment on whether he’d be bringing his record of almost a yellow card every other game with him to the Boro. “Don’t ask me about yellow card thing” he said, “I always get asked about the yellow card thing. Really I’m just looking forward to when morale drops, you know, so I get a go myself…”

2122090986-soccer-uefa-champions-league-first-knockout-round-second-leg-manchester.jpg

Walter Samuel

Also, today in a dramatic last-minute swoop Croatian and Bayern Munich ace Ivica Olic was plucked right out of Chelsea’s hands, adding to the considerable firepower of Boro fat man Ahmad Mido up front. The signing of Olic poured scorn on the disparaging remarks of others who suggested that Boro were all defence and no attack. “I can’t see why Jooles would spend all his money on a great keeper, surely buying a goalscorer is more advantageous” was the rash comment of one rival manager, who'll now likely be eating those words.

b343edd803ff2d1fdaa517c53953c191.jpg

Olic with his tradmark 'finger on lips' goal celebration

Further signings include Milan and Fiorentina midfielders Massimo Ambrosini and Gaetano D’Agostino, Zenit centre back Nicolas Lombaerts, Rubin’s up-and-coming winger Alan Kasaev, FC Schalke’s promising youngster Joel Matip, along with a host of young talent, Illia Gultyaev, Mauro Dos Santos, Rodrigo Erramuspe, and Hugo Nervo.

Ambrosini.jpgmedia4nz6fd1t.jpg

Ambrosini & D’Agostino

When asked how all these foreign stars are going to communicate with one-another Middlesbrough manager Jooles responded, “Well this is Middlesbrough. This situation is hardly unprecedented. In the past, with our habit of buying any Brazilian we could get our hands on we tried getting every player to speak Portuguese but, well, you can see how that worked out. We still haven’t gotten over that relegation disaster, and besides, learning Brazilian was just too much for Teesside lads like Jamie Pollock, Phillip Stamp, and Lee Catermole. It just gave them headaches and let’s face it, they didn’t even really speak English that well!”

So how will the players communicate with one-another then? Rumours are rife that all the new lads will be asked to speak in the local Teesside accent. “It worked for a while for Liverpool” a spokesman stated, “though not last season”. Ambrosini expressed disbelief at the prospect of having to shed his Italian accent, “Stai scherzando vero?” he said, which roughly translates as “You’re joking aren’t ya?” showing that he’ll fit in on Teesside just nicely.

“This is only the beginning” Boro manager Jooles stated, “expect a big shake up at this club. Players will be kept and sold on merit. There’s more lads to come and, with the exception of Casillas and his lass, no-one’s future is guaranteed at this club, especially if you’re a fat lad”. Mido, it was reported, looked on nervously.

645.jpg

Mido, having been told to "just try and do what Olic does," not realising that you actually have to score first to celebrate

In summary, here’s a few more pictures of Carbonero (though I don’t see what all the fuss is about myself)…

sara-carbonero_02.jpg

Sara-Carbonero-Spain-WAGs-STAGs-2_2462684.jpg

NEWSLOGO.png

TIDY SHUTS DOOR ON MILNER SPECULATION

MILNA.jpg

Aston Villa boss Kieran Tidy has warned his fellow Premier League manager's that Villa superstar James Milner will not be leaving the club anytime soon, and the England midfielder is very much part of his plans for the coming season.

It was rumoured recently that numurous Premier League clubs had made approaches and enquiries about the 24-year old, who is considered one of the biggest targets around in the English game today, and Tidy has been quick to respond by cancelling out any speculation that he would be leaving the club.

Premier League giants Chelsea and Sunderland are biggest known candidates to date, and some rumours suggest Chelsea had placed a strong bid on Milner, only for Tidy to firmly reject the offer as he sees Milner as his biggest star this year and will is very much so in Tidy's plans.

In an interview at Aston Villa's training ground, boss Kieran Tidy said:

"Yes it is true that we have had quite a few approaches for James, but I can assure all Villa fans now that he will be here for as long as my means allow me too. He may not be the greatest player in the league, granted, he may not be the most expensive player in the league, granted. But to us James is outstanding, he has a great attitude both on and off the pitch, he has a great tactical mind an is always contributing to the team in training sessions. He gets on very well with all the lads and is a role model to a number of young Villians, why would I ruin all that for the gain of a few million pounds? James is priceless and is definitely not leaving us whilst I'm in charge."

Milner responded well to the praise Tidy gave him by saying:

"When the gaffer gives you praise like that you can only be happy, I'm certainly happy here and although there has been some doubts over my future with some big clubs coming in for me, I am confident that I'll get very regular football here and I will be able to further my career by staying here. The coaches here are fantastic and they've managed to make me the player I am today, and I feel its my duty to stay dedicated to this club as they have served me so well over the years."

It is not yet known how fellow Premier League bosses will react to this news but it is expected that many teams will start to look elsewhere for a player similar to MIlner's ability, as Tidy seems to be a tough nut to crack when it comes to his team and players.

Southampton announced today of the signings of 5 new players to the club. Manager Gary Khaw was pleased to announced the signings and said that he hopes to gain promotion with these new signings. The first of the signings was Argentinian Nicolás Gaitan who had transfered from Benfica. The forward was eager to enter the English league and many was suprised when he opted for third divisioners Southampton. He had this to say during the interview.

I am very happy to be able to play in England. Even if it is in the third league I would be happy to be part of this team. I would like to lend my ability too help Southampton gain promotion. It would take time for me to get used too life here in England but I think I can manage[/Quote]

To offer assistance in the Midfield Gary managed to gain the services of Mauro Bogado of Argentinos Juniours. The midfielder Gary said would offer assistance in the midfield to support the forwards. He hopes that the midfielder would gel well in the team. When asked of Southamptons chance of promotion he had this to say

Well there are many great managers in the league and the level of the players coming into the league are also of high quality so it would be a tough call. I belive that the manager would be able to do well and we can only hope for the best.[/Quote]

On top of that they also have signed up defender Montel Jordi Figueras from Rubin of Russia and Sebastian PRÖDL of Werder Breman in an effort to bolster the defence of the team. Gary has said that he hopes this two signings may counter the signing of Klass van Huntelaar. He hopes this two young defenders would be able to shut down the scoring prowerss of Huntelaar and the aother forwards in the league.

Lastly would be the loan signings made by the club. First would be the singing of Adam Johnson from Manchester City. El Nino of the club was gracious enough to loan Southampton. The addition of the winger would be a good addition to the squad in its cause this season. The second loan signing would be the signing of keeper Simon Mignolet from Southampton. The 21 year old shot stopper would be the first choice keeper for the season and he would like to do well so as to impress the sunderland manager. Gary said that he wishes to sing the Mexican World Cup international Giovanni Dos Santos on loan. However the Tottenham manager has yet to approved of the deal as he has yet to fully appraise the full strength of the squad. Gary siad he would be looking forward to getting the Mexican international and hopes the deal would be approved before the start if the new season.

SHEFFIELDS NEW SLOGAN - SING SING AFRICA!

ELTON GJONI BRINGS 3 GHANA PLAYERS TO SHEFFIELD

anthony%20annan.jpg

Anthony Annan - Replaced Essien at World Cup, did a excellent job at it too

gh9.jpg

Lee Addy - Young player with potential

article-0-07ED5EB1000005DC-256_468x286.jpg

Andre Ayew - Good winger and Striker for Marseille and Ghana

Manager Gjoni expressed his delight at capturing the trio of Ghana Players. "I am very happy at securing the players transfers. Ayew will provide good attacking options, Addy will be a good back-up but will become a good first-team player when he improves and Annan will be our anchoring defensive midfielder. Ayew and Addy have completed their moves while Annan has yet to arrive but will do so later this afternoon or early morning tommorrow.

Brazilian Keirrison has arrived

keirrisonk9_233167.jpg

I am delighted at signing a rising star that is Brazilian and playing for Barcelona! He is out key striker now and will partner Ayew and Wilshere in out formation. He is key to our plans and is our player who will get the goals!

The best of the rest

Papadopoulos_1050135.jpg

Kyriakos Papadopoulos from FC Schalke 04

albinekdaljuventusha_113829.jpg

Albin Ekdal from Juventus

51753_news.jpg

19 year old Leandro Cabrera from Atletico Madrid

musacagiran113.jpg

Musa Cagiran from Galatasaray SK

633854365897832509_oblak_golman_080809_(zf).jpg

18 year old talented keeper Jan Oblak from Benfica

The manager has also tabled 4 more bids for players and is considering 1 more until he wraps up his transfers and concentrates on the Saturday games against Portsmouth.

Chelsea Strenghen Squad

Chelsea-fc.jpg

Chelsea today have anouced the signing of Italian Giants Juventus reserve goalkeeper Marco Storari the thirty two year old italian goalkepper is set to play back up to Petr Cech but be used against lesser rated teams and possible throughout the cup compatitions, Storari is a very unknown player in England and many teams may be supprised about the addition of the italian but Duffy has been quick to capture Storari after some impressive Preformances for juventus whilst current number one keeper Gianluigi Buffon has had a spot of bother with small injurys which are constanly re occuring .

MarcoStorari2.jpg

Storari at a much younger age

Marco Storari joins in a part exchange for 34 year old keeper Hilario and £1,700,000 , The Portugal Keeper is set to retire in two seasons and with him leaving Stanford Bridge , Storari's Arrival looks like a brilliant deal for the Manager Aaron Duffy and he seemed very pleased when he announced the deal.

Aaron Duffy:

I'm Very Pleased with the addition of Marco he adds more depth to are current squad he's going to play a major role in are season, i can announce that Marco has been shown around the tranning ground and the staduim hes also met up with the squad and fellow players Lucio , And Claudio Marchisio who he knows well from his time in Italy he will meet up with the squad offically tommorow as he is currently havining his medical which fingers crossed he will pass

sp0403tottenham-hotspur-posters.jpg

Spurs boss Bc Cliff's has ended talk of tottenham signing any more players, there was talk of Tottenham chasing a defender but Mr.Clifford has ended the talk.

As you know were we chasing santos ramires of benfica,But were beaten to him by liverpool, I wanted to see tottenhams appeal power against the top 4 as i really believe we can sign players the likes of Chlesea,Liverpool and united can sign and tempt to the club. But i wont be singing any new faces until turn 19 now as i believe my squad is gelling.

When asked Mr.Cliffords predictions on the up coming season in div1 he gave this reply.

Well as some of you reporters may no i like drawing up a rough table of were teams will finish at the end of the season. However im reluctant to show you :P i shall tell you though were i believe spurs will finish up and a number that pops to mind would be 4th/5th,

Untitled-2.png

EC7027 Division 1 Predictions

With only a couple of days to go until the start of the EC7027, I have decided to predict how I feel the league will finish at the end of the season.

Manchester United- Tipped by many to win the league and I have to agree. They have a vastly experienced manager in charge of them in Son Of Pluto and they have added some good players to their already good squad. I feel they will just edge Chelsea to the top. 1ST

Chelsea- Set-up founder Aaron Duffy decided to take Chelsea. He has got rid of some of the older players who will only decrease in rating and replaced them with some quality young players. They still have the base of the a great squad with the likes of Lampard and Drogba but know instead of Deco they have world cup star Mesut Ozil. 2ND

Arsenal- Manager Dominic Latouche has added some great midfielders into the squad. He may have also found the the player to solve their keeper problems with the signing of Slovenian internation Samir Handanovic. They are also looking to off load more unwanted players. If they can replace them with quality they could be real contenders for the league. 3RD

Liverpool- Experienced Manager Stuart J (aka.Studge) has decided to sell most of his stars at Liverpool and opt for the up and coming generation of players. Although they will have a vast amount of talent, I feel that they will not gel quick enough for them to challenge for the title. 4TH

Manchester City- Manger EL.Nino has spent the Sheik's money well and has brought in some great players. They are looking to sell many of their players but for know I feel they will not break into the top 4. 5TH

Tottenham- BC Cliffs Tottenham have a formidable strike force that should get them plenty of goals but their defence could be improved. If this happens a higher finish could be possible, but for know they will comfortably qualify for the Shield. 6TH

Aston Villa- Kieran Tidy has added some great players to an already good Villa squad. I expect them to comfortably finish in the top 10. There hopes of Europe have been further boosted with James Milner committing his future to the club. 7TH

Wolverhampton Wanderers- Managed by Adam Devitt, who has vastly improved the squad adding players such as Grafite, Diarra and Vucinic. They should get goals and they have a solid defence. They could finish higher if everything goes to plan. 8TH

Fulham- Manager Rob Walshe has decided to go for experience and he has added some quality players to the Fulham squad. They are also looking to offload most of their original squad. If they invest well in the market a top 10 finish could be on the cards. 9TH

Wigan- Manager Nick Justice has bought some excellent players to Wigan such as Pato and Marko Marin to name some of them. If Pato finds form I would expect to see them sneek a European place. 10TH

Bolton-Dylan Ritchie has bought well in the run up to the season. But they lack depth in their squad and this could be vital with a long season ahead. Unless they can add more players they will fall short of Europe. 11TH

Blackburn- Louis Furrier has invested wisely and has bought in a great keeper a quality midfielder and two decent strikers. They have built a solid spine to their team and I expect them to build a good squad over the season. 12TH

Everton- Danny Van Hecke has added some good player but I feel they don't have enough quality all over the field. But if they can add more players I feel they can push higher up the league. 13TH

West Ham- Rich Callaghan has added some great players but like Bolton they lack some quality depth which could cost them. However they will be in the mix for Europe but will just fall short of it. 14TH

Sunderland- Manager Ciaran McEvoy has said that his team could challenge for the league. But this won't happen his over confident ways will be his downfall and he will fail to make the European places. 15TH

West Brom- The new boys will look to try and shake off their status as a yo-yo club. Manager Tom Sinar has tried to do this by getting in some experienced players. They a solid defence will I feel will easily keep them up this season. 16TH

Stoke City- They have bought some decent players but still lack quality all over the pitch however I feel they may just have enough to stay clear of the dreaded relegation places. 17TH

Newcastle- Carl Spurrier has decided to maximise his players values by refusing to add to his squad until he sells. This could prove costly, as a good start is vital. Also they may find it hard as many of his targets could have been snapped up by other clubs. Unless they buy well I expect them to go down. 18TH

Birmingham City- The Birmingham has only added one player to his squad so far and he will not be expected to set the league alight. They lack quality compared to the rest of the teams in the league so I expected them to drop into the lower divisions. 19TH

Blackpool-The favourites for relegation. They had the weakest squad in the league. Manager Joe Charley has done listen to change that, as he has only made one signing by getting Darren Gibson on loan. If things don't change they could be heading for a quick return to Division 2. 20TH

Yellow-Champions

Green-Top 4 Cup

Blue-Shield

Black-No qualifications to Europe and have survied

Red-Relegation

my first ever review so any feedback very helpful

Turn One Stand Out Fixtures

Division One

Wigan Athletic Vs Sunderland

Wigan.png225px-Safc_badge.png

Ref: Rob Styles (england)

Divsion one has lots of big fixtures in turn one but the main stand out fixture is Wigan Athletic vs Sunderland at the Dw stadium on saturday evening i beilive this to be the stand out fixtures as the managers are amoungst the most out spoken and the most active in the transfer market both managers have already had there say on where there squads are going and what they beilive would be a successful season and with both managers having a positve view on there squads this shows that in both camps the players seem to be responding well to the current management and looking forward to the new season.

Wigan Athletic : Wigan have been very active in the close season bringing in alot of world class signings which have strenghend the look of the squad , many teams will be looking to wigan in the early part of the season to see if the likes of German international Kepper Manuel Neuer , Alexandre Pato and Marko Marin can gel and make the transformation under Nick Justice personally i think Wigan will dominate the early part of the season as Wigan fans will be hoping that Pato can hit wigan to victory the young brazilian being brought in a part exchange for Stam,Boselli and 8,000,000 would be considered a bargin buy , the signing of pato is some what of a coe for wigan athletic and he along with fellow signings Marin and Neuer look to give Wigan a strong spine to there team . The only problem i see with wigans strong spine is the players around these key players there motivation and confidence could possible drop with being seen as lesser players but hopefully nick justice has the managerial skills to work throught this and motivate the troops because wigan do have much potentital to rip sunderlands defence to peices.Wigan Athletic really could do with purcashing a few more players the depth of the squad is very week and the players that are covering the major stars are possible not up to the standard of being part of the first team squad this is a thing The Wigan Athleic Manager will possible be looking into in the current weeks.

alexandre_pato_brazil_heart.jpg

Pato For Brazil

Sunderland: Although Sunderland Look the weaker of the sides to other onlookers this reporter is firmley with sunderland for this fixture wigan lack depth and simularity in the squad whilst sunderland's predicted XI Consists of mainly players that are around the same ability , along with this Manager Ciaran McEvoy has Faired just as well as Wigan in the transfer Market signing key players Raul Meireles signed from Fc Porto the Central Midfielder has already been made captin and looks to have a strong desire to succsed at the club , along with Meireles the addition of Loic Remy looks to be perfect for Sunderland the 23 year old forward has much potential left to use and Manager McEvoy has set up a dream front line with Remy and Bent leading the line , One key problem i see with the Sunderland team is how are they going to contain the likes of pato , Pato is young and full of flair the only way i could see pato being stopped is throught using Otamendi as a Man Marker but i highley doubt McEvoy is willing to play this tactic as wigan contain many more threats , dont get me wrong sunderland are a strong side but what they lack is more than one world class proven player , untill others like Otamendi and Remy reach there full potential it looks as is Meireles and Bent have the weight on there shoulders at the start of the season.

raulmeirrels.jpg

Meireles on international duty

Verdict : Wigan 2 Vs 2 Sunderland (DRAW)

I can see it being a high scoring draw due to the lack in quality the sides have defensivly compared to the high quality strike forces . Both Sides are very even if my prediction Doesnt come correct and a team had to win i personally feel wigan would come out victours but sunderland are in a better postion as a squad than wigan to do well but wigan do have more quality players but in not so many postions. I personally think that it will be good seasons for both sides but it will take times for there squads to gel.

Liverpool

The Brazilian Job

Today saw the arrival of two top Brazilian players, Ramires (23) and Marcelo (22), bot rated 90. To make way for the new breed, old dogs had to be put down and flown to Portugal with Carragher making way. Soon after Carragher arived in Portugal he phoned up liverpool tv to tell them how he was getting on. Unfortunately ltv could only here static so were unable to gather a quote.

It turned out that the static was just Carragher's accent.

sp0403tottenham-hotspur-posters.jpg

Pre-Match review

Were are now one day away from the first game of the season and Mr.Clifford has given his first pre-match interview at white heart lane.Tottenham have by no means been shy in the market Bc Cliffs promised signings and thats what the club have got,Mr Clifford has seemed to have worked on his attacking options rather then his defence.

Reporter: Mr Clifford the first day of the new season is fast approaching what have you been doing in preparation for the first game vs Newcastle ?

Well we've been back in training for almost a week now iv been working close with the new signings, and there english is coming along good, shooting practice and working on our formation and shape has taken center stage in training. Iv been given a load of DVD'S of Newcaslte's game's last season they look good on the attack but i must remind my self there against better teams now in div1.

Reporter: Your attacking player's are good national and international players who are recognised world wide what they they bring to ur team ?

Quality, no disrespect to the lads who left make way for the new guys but they just wernt my kind of players i wanted the Ben Clifford stamp on the team not the Harry Redknapp stamp, the team i will have by next week i can call mine so to speak, Forlan brings cleaver snappy passing and shotting into the team while kanoute brings in a new diversity to the team as we have a powerful target man who can score, Giovinco is a young lad who we hope can be a hugh success at spurs he brings in width and masterful skill,Pazzini is a top's mark man who i was delighted to sign and provides great cover for kanoute.

Reporter: What are you'r aims for the season and what would be realistic targets ?

Well im a realistic man so my aim's are realistic, when i signed up my chairman ask that i get into a SMFA competition witch is a top 10 finish and above i fell strongly that this will be easy to achieve, top 6 in my target with a view to top 4, its not beyond us.

Reporter: So back to newcastle do you believe it's a winnable game ?

Any game is winnable but indeed ill be putting out the strongest squad i can a good start will be good for moral and for the club i believe we can take advantage of newcastle not spending as of yet and grab this opportunity by to hands and hit the ground running.

Reporter: So whats ur team selection ?

Gomez in goal, Bale,king,dawson and corluka in defence Huddleston and gago in frount of the back four with Lennon,Forlan and Modric all playing attacking midfeild with Pazzini/OR kanoute as the lone CF

Untitled-2.png

EC7027 Division 1 Match Previews

Blackpool vs Manchester United

Favourites for relegation and favourites for the league meat at Bloomfield Road tomorrow evening. Manchester United will look to get there season off to a good start with a win but Blackpool would take anything from the game. I expect Blackpool to be completely outclassed by the men in red.

Prediction: 0-2

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Fulham

Both teams have bought well leading up to the season as they have added some quality players to their teams. Both teams will be looking to win and get off to a good start. However with Fulham known to be poor away from home they will struggle to beat possibly the best side Wolves have ever had.

Prediction:1-0

West Ham United vs Birmingham City

West Ham only just survived last season but they have added quality players to try and ensure that they can pick up points and survive the league and maybe push for Europe. However Birmingham have done the complete opposite to West Ham they had a very good season last season however they have failed to sign one player in the run up to the start of the season.

Prediction:3-0

Arsenal vs Manchester City

Possibly the biggest game of the day. Two teams meet at the Emirates that are hopping for a win which would put them on track to qualify for the SMFA Cup. Both teams have added to their already good squads and it will be a game filled with brilliant football.

Prediction:2-2

Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United

Tottenham face new boys Newcastle who have bounced back from relegation and came straight back up. Newcastle have placed their whole team up for sale. But they have yet to buy anyone yet but that is rumoured to be changing. Tottenham have added some great players to their squad and I feel they have more quality than Newcastle.

Prediction:3-1

Aston Villa vs Everton

Two teams who are established Premier League teams go head to head at Villa park. Villa have tried to take it to the next level with signing players such as Luis Fabiano. Whereas Everton are trying to bring in young players who will improve over time. It will be a tight game but I think Villa will edge it.

Prediction:1-0

West Bromwich Albion vs Stoke City

West Brom have added alot of added alot of quality players to their squad since their return to the top flight. Wheras Stoke have opted to sign young players such as World Cup star Keisuke Honda. But I feel the experience of West Brom will be tough to beat.

Prediction:2-1

Bolton Wanderers vs Chelsea

Bolton have added some great players to their squad but Chelsea already had alot of quality. They have also added to that with good young players. I feel Bolton will make it difficult for Chelsea but the class will prevail and they should win.

Prediction:1-3

Wigan vs Sunderland

Wigan shocked the football world with the signing of Alexander Pato but Sunderland have also added great players to their squad. Both teams will be around the European places at the end of the season and a win here would be vital towards qualification to the Shield.

Prediction:1-1

Liverpool vs Blackburn Rovers

Liverpool decided they want to sell all their players apart from Torres and build a whole new team of younger players. Whereas Blackburn like many other teams in the division have gone for Experience over youth and that could help them over the cause of the season. However Liverpool have not got rid of all their stars yet so I think they will control the game and take a victory.

Prediction:2-0

manchester-city-football-club-logo.gif

David Villa And Nilmar Arrived At Eastland

David-Villa.jpg

Can Villa brings the title home?

nilmar_inter0409.jpg

Nilmar arriving may shows exit door for Tevez

Spanish international David Villa has completed his move to Manchester City after a fee was agreed with Barcelona for just over £10m plus Adebayour.

The 28 year old has been on the radar for many of Europe’s elite for a number of years now due to his prolific goal scoring for both club and country.

He helped Valencia to an automatic place in next year’s Champions League has he netted 21 times in the league for Los Che.

This news comes after Manchester City president Syeikh Mansour said on Monday that talks between the two parties were going swiftly and that a deal should be concluded by tomorrow. The deal is now wrapped up and Villa will presumably be presented to the media on Wednesday after he undergoes his medical for El Nino’s side and puts pen to paper on a lucrative four year contract with Man City.

The 28 year old has had opportunities to seek pastures new from Los Che over the years but he has remained loyal to the club committing his services for five year spell that has been seem him score an astonishing 129 goals in 212 appearances for the Murciélagos.

He will now link up with Tevez and Silva at Man City. He will now turn his attention to Real Madrid midfielder, Xabi Alono who stated yesterday he wants to back in England.

Also arrived yesterday is Brazilian striker,Nilmar has also joining

Man City for a fee 5 Million plus Jo.Nilmar has been targeted before by

Manchester United has pass the medical check up at Manchester City.

Manchester City has now have so many striker up front,the new signing D.Villa,Nilmar,Tevez,Bellemy, and Santa Cruz.

Nilmar signing will allowed El Nino to sell Tevez or use him(Tevez)

To get Robben.Will Tevez go or he will stay?

Nilmar is the last signing that El Nino will make and he said he will relax from now on.

Player Profile

Name:Sanchez David Villa

Natiolnality:Spain

Position:Striker

Salary:120,000 Per Match

Contract:4 Years

Name:Honoroto Nilmar

Nationality:Brazil

Position:Striker

Salary:44,000

Contract:2 Years

Accrington.gif

ACCRINGTON STANLEY - EC7027

New Man In Charge At Accrington

Dennis+Wise.jpg

Accrington Stanley have confirmed that A. Radford has taken over the role as manager of the club with a long term aim to eventually get them into the heights of Divison 3. It certainly is a long term aim and at the moment they are the favourites to finish bottom of Divison 4, so there isn't too much optomism but on the whole Accrington are feeling possitive about the appointment and they aim for improvement over the season. There going to need to pull off some shock results but they aim to finish in the Top 15, and if possible there going to try and pull off a major cup upset or two.

Aims:

- Top 15 Finish

- To Bring In A Quality Keeper

- To Build A Strong Back-Line

- For One Player to Score 8+ Goals

"Accrington Stanley, Who Are They?"

0.jpg

Accrington Stanley are looking to put themselves on the map over the course of the season, as a team not to underestimate in Divison 4 this season after A. Radford took over the managers job and he's now looking to get Accrington promoted into Divison 3 over the long-term. There has been a few talks about a potential chairman and that's been secured, they are also focusing on securing there coaching staff which is as follows:

Ian_Rush.jpg

Chairman: Ian Rush

Gus+Poyet_1141_18436122_0_0_7005489_100.jpg

Assistant Manager: Gus Poyet

303_a.jpg

Head Coach: Gary Speed

john-hartson-215712276.jpg

Attacking Coach: John Hartson

graeham-lesauxtn.jpg

Defensive Coach: Graeme Le Saux

Beckford the Star Man for Season 1

jermaine-beckford-01.jpg

Jermaine Beckford has joined Accrington Stanley as a star player for the club, joining on loan from Wolves and aims to have a goal tally in double figures over the course of the season. He's the main signing really, and there wont be too many players anywhere near Beckford's quality at Accrington but there delighted to have brought him into the club. It's a bit of a risk signing in terms of wages, but it's a risk there prepared to take and Beckford has talked up himself ahead of the new season saying that he'll be the star man of the divison and he'll hope to guide Accrington to an unlikely play-off spot. Radford believes Beckford is being over-arrogent and he'll find things a little unexpected when he joins Accrington but he believes that Beckford will be the key figure at the club.

Also Joining the Club:

0,,10427~8272232,00.jpg

Jake Livermore - Season Loan

John Paul Kissock - £425,000

Liam Bridcutt - £300,000

James Ashmore - £250,000

Ian_Rush.jpg Rush says ... Accrington Stanley, Who are they?

Archived