English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

newcastleunitedlogo297x.png

First Blood To the Toon

Newcastle United 2 - 1 Sunderland

This fixture over time hasn't been a great one for Newcastle in that they have never managed a win with bragging right permanantly on the south side of the Tyne. Going into the game they did have absentees in Captain Chiellini and Vice Captain Toure so leadership was an issure in such a heated environment of a Tyne-Wear derby. Form was with the home side though which gave them some confidence.

The Goerdies had set up quite defensive opting for 4-5-1 at home but it paid off perfectly as Nasri headed a powerful bullet past the despairing Buffon to send the home crowd into raptures. The tension began to mount and on 12 minutes Willian for abusive language, there were also yellows for Suarez and Ansaldi before half time for a missed timed tackle and shirt pulling.

The second half wasnt much better as Milner made a high footed tackle on Sunderland home boy Henderson to try and make a statement. This was followed by a response from Hamsik who got a yellow for horror tackle on Milner who gave him a piece of his mind with the ref not looking. It all seemed to be going well with just 12 minutes to go until Pranjic silenced the majority pof the crowd after a stupid mix up at the back. However Rossi responded in time with another header to win the game dramatically 2-1.

giusepperossi.jpg

Rossi reels away after scoring a crucial winner

bannerskysports.png

Sky Sports Reporter : A first win against the old enemy, is this a big day in your reign?

"I admit our form against the Mackems hasn't been perfect and the winless record had to be stopped eventually I'm just glad we got it out the way now, what's more important to me though is winning 3 on the bound for the first time this season"

Sky Sports Reporter : You play Fulham next away at the Cottage, a difficult task?

"This is Mr Douche's Fulham we are talking about right? No of course it won't be difficult, the guy is already debating playing his reserves as he knows he will lose come what may. I personally don't mind who he plays as it's not going to make an ounce of difference to how easily we beat them"

Zarate Joins Huddersfield

74120d1276259758-lazio-resurrection-champions-zarate.jpg

Huddersfield manager Dan Malone believes he has added another piece to the jigsaw in the signing of Argentinian striker Mauro Zarate.He is a great addition to teh team and boosts our attacking options at the Club.

Huddersfield's 19 man first team squad-Rated 87-91

---Goalkeeper---

MALAFEEV

---Defence---

MOLINARO

HUTTON

TORRES

CAMPAGNARO

LOMBAERTS

ONUOHA

---Midfield---

ZABALETA

BARTON

MELO

NOBOA

PLASIL

HUNT

CASTRO

GUTIERREZ

---Attack---

CACAU

ZARATE

DOMINGUEZ

JANKO

pound_sign.png

The true worth

of a player?

E-P2qL3qkzk

My recent Aguero signing got me thinking - how much do players really cost? My top 3 players, Xavi, Augero, and Casillas are worth £34.5M, £29.7M, and £26.0M respectively. But what did I actually pay for them?

Xavi is easy. On October 15th I paid £32.4M. It seems crazy to think back now that I came up with that amount of cash halfway through season one. CRAZY! I must have sold half my players to get it! Bold move B)

xavinewcastle.jpg

The world’s best player, bar none…

And the Casillas calculation is also relatively simple: £12.0M + David WHEATER & Kris BOYD. Wheater's now worth £5.57M (at Accrington) and £3M to me, and Boyd is worth £5.95M (at Eskisehirspor?!) and £2.75M. Being generous that puts Casillas at £23.5M, or less generous at £17.75M. Not bad, not bad at all!

casillastomato.jpg

Iker the striker, best keeper in 7046, and the world

The Aguero calculation though is more complicated. Augero = £3.2M + Mario GOMEZ + Ciro RIUS - £3.2M (a small side-deal with Studge to balance things out). Rius cost £1.2M, but Gomez = Assis RONALDINHO & Mounir EL HAMDAOUI. El Hamdaoui = £100k + Julio ARCA & Tony MCMAHON, and Ronaldinho = £4.3M + Roberto SOLDADO & Mauro DOS SANTOS. Lastly, Soldado = Brad JONES & Kevin THOMSON, and Dos Santos = £100k + Seb HINES.

Still with me? So Augero = £100k + Seb HINES + Brad JONES & Kevin THOMSON + £4.3M (the Ronaldinho part of the Gomez deal) + £100k + Julio ARCA & Tony MCMAHON (the El Hamdaoui part of the Gomez deal) + £1.2M (for Rius).

Simplifying, Augero = Seb Hines + Brad Jones + Kevin Thompson + Julio Arca + Tony McMahon + £5.7M. Hines = £0.8M (at Banfield) or £0.49M to me, Jones = £3.04 (at Bournemouth) or £1.17M to me, Thompson = £6.61M (at Beyer Leverkusen) or £3.31M to me, Arca = £2.97M (at Ajax) or £1.9M to me, and McMahon = £2.58M (at Ajax) or £1.47M to me.

That's £21.7M at external/other prices, or £14.0M at my current evaluations. I guess it really does pay to trade up! :P

augeroboro.jpg

Aguero, the new man at Boro

Hmm, so what of the recent Iniesta rip-off deal to the Vuclans? In certain parts of the world you’d get your hand cut off for doing that. Well, Iniesta = Nesta (favorite player, smirk, smirk, laugh, laugh) + Kaka (with a name like poo you know where he’s heading, especially with Ozil settling down nicely into your spot). Well Kaka = Arshavin + Cris + £5.0M and Nesta (favorite player, smirk, smirk, laugh, laugh) = Jovanovic (how Mo tried to flog THAT dead horse) + Renan + £6.0M.

Then, Arshavin = Heinze + Nsue + £5.1M, Cris = Zozulya + Carlos Eduardo + £4.1M, Jovanovic = Cofie Bekoe + Luiz Danilo, and Renan = £850k. Heinze = Calaca + Camilo Patrick + £4.4M, Nsue = £3.2M, Zozulya = £1.0M, Carlos Eduardo = £550k, Cofie Bekoe = £650k, and Luiz Danilo = £450k. Then, Calaca = £250k, Camilo Patrick = £400k.

So, for Mo, Iniesta cost [£5.0M, + £5.1M + £3.2M + £250k + £400k + £1.0M + £550 + £4.1M (Kaka)], + [£6.0M + £650k + £450k + £850k (Nesta)] = £27.55M.

iniesta01_galeria_portrait.jpg

White as you like, Iniesta proudly dons his ‘new’

keks in support of his painful move to Forest,

surely hell on earth for one of the best players?

So what are your players truly worth? It’d be interesting to see…

Banner.png

Newman Praises 'Thompson Revival'

Irvine-2-1.jpg

It was just over a month ago that Ben Newman left his beloved Tranmere to join premiership side Tottenham Hotspur after being offered the job by chairman Daniel Levy. Since then the Londoners have gained a 5 point lead over title contenders Chelsea at the top of the league. Even beating the blue at Stamford Bridge earlier in the month. That lead was once 8 points but a 2-1 defeat at home to Newcastle dented that gap back down to 5.

While Spurs were having the time of their life, Newman's hold side Tranmere had also found a new manager. That manager being fellow Prestonian, Steve Thompson who left Southend a few days after recieving the Tranmere job offer. When joining, Thompson found his side just outside the play off places however since then he has turned them from play off hopefuls to automatic promotion contenders. Once a two horse race, automatic promotion has become something much more with the top 7 still in with a shout of reaching division 3 without having to go through the dreaded play offs.

New signings looks to be the reason for this turn around at Prenton Park. Adel Taarabt looking to be the most pivotal signing of an astonishing, 12 new signings. The Moroccan international joined up with Thompson after spending a season and a half with him at Southend. There he was a key player for them and looks to have taken that status into his new side, something Newman hopes will help Tranmere push on for promotion this season.
Ben Newman

When I left Tranmere I never expected a manager of Steve's magnitude to take over the reigns. Me and Steve were friends before so he was a perfect choice to be the new manager in my mind. He has made some brilliant signings so far, players I never imagined would be in the white and blue colours of Tranmere Rovers! I was always a fan of Adel Taarabt before leaving, so to see him sign for the club I still have feelings for is brilliant and for him to be helping them get closer to that automatic promotion place is even more special.

Taarabt-1.png

Tranmere's Talisman - Adel Taarabt

The Sun - "Who the HULL are you?"

The South Wales Argus - "Swantastic!"

article-0-07D2F8E4000005DC-72_306x453.jpg

Stefano Okaka celebrates his debut, with a goal in a MoM performance.

---------------------------------

So these were the main headlines from last night regarding Swansea City's 3-2 win over old foes Hull City.

The two teams history has been rugid since the days of Dave Belkevitz upto now with Stephen, the first time they locked horns Hull City demolished the swanns 2-8 and have since won twice and drew twice, so going into this game the stats were with them in that aspect!

But it wasn't to be for Hull who despite the close scoreline we're dominated in every aspect by Swansea who's win see's them lifted up to 13th within 4 points off the elusive playoffs!

Mirko-Vucinic.jpg

Wantaway striker Mirko Vucinic bangs in a goal, in what could be his last game with in interest from numerous clubs.

Final Score: Swansea City 3-2 Hull City

120px-Chelsea_Crest_1986-2005.png

All Change At Chelsea As Duffy Aims For Title

Andr--Villas-Boas-Chelsea-007.jpg

Duffy Delighted by Arrivals

It's been a Crazy few weeks in London with Riots causing Mayhem in the Capital however Fans of Chelsea football club have much to smile about although being eight points behind City Rivals Tottenham Hotspur, Blues Manager Aaron Duffy has made a number of high profile changes with his Squad with players Such as Dider Drogba , John Obi Mikel , Stuart Downing and most notable Cristano Ronaldo all vacating the club with Duffy looking to improve the Depth the current squad has. The Changes have brought about mixed thoughts from Blues fans with Some devastated to see Ronaldo go across town to Arsenal however some fans believe that there club got the better end of the deal with Fabregas and Lahm coming in.

Out: Ronaldo(98) In: Fabregas (95) + Lahm (94)

roanalldodogreeccecetears_g.jpg

Ronaldo Being Told he was to join Arsenal.

Ronaldo Left Chelsea after playing Forty-five games but only Managing to score eight goals failing to impress the Fans and Manager in just under a season at the club since joining from Manchester City in Season Two for the fee of Ozil And Lucio. The Ronaldo deal was not a simple deal due to the players huge reputation But After two days of Negotiation between the cross City Rivals Arsenal and Chelsea the deal had turned sour with Arsenal not reaching Chelsea's Valuation untill and elventh hour bid from Arsenal Manager Snooky a deal which would see Spanish Centre Midfielder Cesc Fabregas and German Captain Phillip Lahm move to Stamford Bridge in a move which has truley astounded the footballing World. Since Joining Fabregas has already Scoring five goals in six games and has made a instant impact on the blue side of town delighting Fans.

Out: Mikel(91) + Bertrand(83) In: Dzeko(92)

Edin-Dzeko-Wolfsburg.jpg

Dzeko To lead the line for Chelsea.

Another Player to join Chelsea in the past two weeks was highly rated Bosnian Forward Eden Dzeko. The 25 year old moves to Stamford Bridge in return for John Obi Mikel the Nigerian Midfeilder had spoke to the media in the days leading up to the transfer about his possible departure due to him not feeling part of the first team anymore and more of a reserve player. Dzeko Impressed on his Debut scoring a goal in the 3-0 destruction of Leeds United however he is now set for a 10 day lay off through injury.

Out: Dider Drogba(95) In: Pazzini(91) + £15,540,000

Didier-Drogba-John-Terry-001.jpg

Bye Drog

Maybe the most expected depature from Chelsea was the long awaited move for Dider Drogba the 33 year old Ivoran Forward had been falling out of favor with Blues Boss Duffy in the past season or so and hadn't been as prolific only scoring 5 goals in 18 starts this season. Drogba is Replaced by Italian Forward Pazzini the Inter Milan Forward is expected to play back up to Dzeko (when fit) and has expressed his excitement on joining Chelsea from Mk Dons

Out: £19,440,000 + Florian Trinks In: Mirko Vucinic(92)

Mirko-Vucinic.jpg

Vucinic hoping to fly at Chelsea

Chelsea Latest Addition comes in the shape of Eastern European Winger Vucinic joining from Swansea in a club record Deal. The Winger is said to be in Duffys plans as a back up however the 27 year old will be looking to make a impression in the top flight of English football. Vucinic joins with high expectations on his back after a good start to the season with Swansea scoring seven goals in twenty Appearances.

Chelsea have added Brazilian Winger Hulk from Hull City and have also added to the Youth Team with Colombian Luis Muriel who's impressed at the under 20s world cup joining along with highly rated Left back Matthew Briggs, Muhammed Demirci from Besiktas also to join is Impressive German Defender Zimmerman and Ivorian Forward Souleyane Coulibaly. The Last two youth players to join are Gael Bigirimana and Ryan Tunnicliffe to bulk up the youth teams midfield.

Line Ups:

Cech(94)

Lahm(94) Ramos(94) Terry(94) Cole(94)

Essien(95)

Fabregas(95) Sneijder(95)

Robinho(93) ---------------------------------Tevez(94)

Dzeko(92)

Cech(94)

Sagna(92) Ivanovic(92) Hangeland(89) Vermaelen(91)

Sandro(89)

Hernanes(90) Young(90)

Vucinic(92) ------------------------------Hulk(91)

Pazzini(91)

Szczesney(87)

Flanagan (80) Uvini(77) Zimmerman(80) Briggs(78)

Bigirmana(75)

Mellis(80) Draxler(80)

Min-Son(82) -----------------------Struidge(87)

Ideye(88)

prestonnorthendfc.png

All change at Preston North End for next season

vangaalpromitedacamised.jpg

Van Gaal delighted by new transfers

Everybody know after appointing Van Gaal as manager this season was sacrafied to rebuild the team.Was a crazy season and the team it's almost finished.World-class players arrived at Preston and the fans are delighted about new team and everybody hope to promote next season in Division 1.Preston spend a lot of money this season and the manager hope it's worth.

OUT: Maxym Koval(85) IN: Allan Mcgregor(89)

allanmcgregor1375299c.jpg

Allan Mcgregor happy with the new team,Preston North End

Koval left Preston for Mcgregor,we know Koval it's a player for future but we want a class GK like Mcgregor.Allan can play at least 5 years at the same level and will help our team to make our fans happy.

OUT: Cristian Rodriguez(88) IN: Clemens Fritz(89)

clementfritz4.jpg

Clemens Fritz joking at his national team

Fritz it's a solid RB and he can help our defense but our attack too with his centering.

OUT: Marco Andreolli(87) IN: Alberto Lora(87)

albertoloradebutaraprim.jpg

Alberto Lora at training

Lora it's the cover for Fritz but he can take the first place in our XI if he continues the good form.

OUT: Cedric Kante(88) IN: Andre Dias(89)

[/iM350xb.jpg

Dias happy after match

We search an old player to be our captain and Dias was the perfect player for us for his experience.

OUT: 4,700,000 IN: Marco Russ(87)

090418psp28eintrachtfra.jpg

Marco Russ angry on the referee

Russ it's the cover for Dias but he can be in our XI every time.

OUT: 2,200,000+Hajnal(87) IN: Ibrahim Toraman(88)

2601ibrahimtoramanuzunt.jpg

Toraman after match

We bought him for his versatile and especially because he is a good defender.

OUT: 11,000,000 IN: Christian Trasch(89)

christriantraesch9.jpg

Trasch fight for the win

A very good DM and after easy negotiations with Chelsea agreed to join at Preston.

OUT: 500,000+Riera(89) IN: Stephane Sessegnon(89)

010281944325800.jpg

Sessegnon happy after win

Good winger with a very good technique and can show his value at us.

OUT: 8,500,000+Oriol Romeu(84) IN: Sidney Sam(89)

259888sidneysamerzielte.jpg

Sam angry on his teammates

Again a good winger but he can play also as an AM,very useful for us.

OUT: Jose Angel(88) IN: Eljero Elia(89)+5,000,000

eljeroelialiverpool.jpg

Elia at training

Elia will help our team because Preston need Elia,he is one of the most technical player in the world.

OUT: G.Dos Santos(87)+Sanmartin Joselu(82) IN: Iker Muniain(88)

ikermuniain1300x291.jpg

Muniain at his first training

The latest sig of Preston and we're very happy for this transfer.Player for future with a lot of potential.

OUT: 3,400,000 IN: O.De Marcos(84)

nathleticdebilbaolosjug.jpg

Marcos happy with new team.

Another player for future,he is the 4th on his position and must improve to come closer.

OUT: 1,000,000+Liedson(90) IN: Modibo Maiga(88)

arton23320711e6.jpg

Maiga in action.

Another young striker for us but he already prove his class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other transfer for youth squad:

OUT: 3,000,000 IN: Pinheiro Kleber(84)

A young CF with a bright future.

OUT: Kasami(82)+Salgado(75) IN: Giannis Fetfatzidis(84)

Young greece talent join at us and in future will be like a new Messi.

Short interview of Van Gaal about First squad and Youth Squad:

We bought a lots of talents for youth squad,important players with bright future but this is all for today.We will announce another next week.Some exemple are: Cavanda,Nikliotsiots etc.We have loaned out players like Nsue(86) 21 years old and Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez(86) 22 years old.They must play and are loaned to Norwich.From last manager and old team only Mateo Musacchio the most promissing CB in the world and Simone Pepe remain at Preston.Now I have a very competitve team and aren't reason to not get the promotion to Division 1.That's all for today.

Dzeko "We Can Still Win The Leauge"

1062430933-edin-dzeko.9.jpg

Dzeko To Lead The Line For Chelsea

Chelsea New boy Edin Dzeko has amazingly reassured fans today that the blues can still win the league. The Blues currently sit eight point off cross London rivals Tottenham Hotspur at the top of Division one but the Bosnian Forward Believe's with Chelsea's new additions (including himself) that the squad, Fans and management should have every reason to believe that they can claim there first Division one Title under the reign of Aaron Duffy. Dzeko Recently joined from Division one Rivals and is looking for a fresh Start at Stamford Bridge after a poor start to the season with Arsenal only scoring 3 goals in 25 appearances for the Gunners which seems to be a key reason behind his departure from the Club. Although a tough start to the season at Arsenal Dzeko has already impressed the Chelsea Support scoring on his debut against Leeds at the weekend in the 3-0 victory picking up the man of the match award in the process. This Performance has given Chelsea fans hope that they have finally found there 20 goal a season forward after Ivorian Dider Drogba failed to provide the goods. Dzeko is set to become the man that leads the line for Chelsea in the coming season once he bounces back from a ten day injury picked up in the Leeds fixture at the weekend.

Dzeko:

I'm Delighted to have joined Chelsea i feel this club is one of the biggest in the footballing world and i'm proud to have the chance to play here. I think anythings possible when it comes to the league we sit eight points off my old club spurs but i feel we still have every chance to win the title with the signings we've made the manager has added some quality depth to the squad giving us the ability to chop and change things when everythings not going to plan. I know that Spurs will drop points they don't have the quality to keep up this form all season and i feel there two star Ibra will hit a dry patch soon enough then there be in trouble. The pressures all on Spurs as there have us breathing down there knecks sooner rather than later.

Watford-FC-256x2561.png

Mr. Clifford returns from F.A ban

Mr. Clifford was banned from giving Pre and Post match interviews by the English F.A after his infamous rant at referee Craig Naylor, shortly after Watford were dumped out of the English Cup by Mr. Cliffords old side Tottenham. Watford were down to 10 men after 10 minutes and down to 9 not long into the second half. Gladly Mr. Clifford's rant avoided live television broadcasting.

Mr .Clifford

Im and very glad to be back talking to you all today. It was no secret how much the game ment to me. I always want to win its installed in my DNA. But i just wanted that win that little bit more. I have apologised to the F.A the Watford board and most importantly the Watford fan's.

chris-hughton-s-first-press-conference-at-st-andrew-s-597710960.jpg

Mr. Clifford back in interviews

While i was banned we've slipped got back up and slipped again, we had a really inconsistent run of results in the past 2/3 weeks Winning then Losing and so on. Our 2-0 win over Blackburn was vital and now i hope we can now push on and once again get our name back into Play-off contention

Watford-FC-256x2561.png

Fans turn as Watford look out of promotion race

Watford's on-off form once again was the topic for the home fans and football pundits alike, Watfords last 7 games go along to these lines. LWLWLWL. Its that kind of form that Mr. Clifford believes has destroyed the clubs good work early in the season. Watford's confidence has been shot according to unnamed sources inside the club, They sit 13th and soon face what Mr. Clifford says is a dead end

dead-end-sign.jpg

Watford's season looks dull

First Half

Both teams have been suffering the on-off form of late, So it was no surprise to see both start out quite nervous and jittery. However with home crowed expectation Watford just crumbled with every miss pass or slip up made, While Leicester just grew into the game. Ryan Giggs was causing problems early on running the left flank and bossing most of the play. Both teams did test each others keepers, Jerome got a smart left footed shot away only for the visiting keeper to tip it around the post. Mark SCHWARZER was tested a few times saving to excellent close ranger headers.

Second Half

Watford Captain Samba returned from a 3 match ban and a Groin strain, It took seconds from him to have the first chance of the second half beating the offside trap well. Only for his shot to let him down. Watford were made to pay not long after, A miss-hit shot from Álvaro NEGREDO squirmed under the Watford keepers body a lucky goal but they all count.

Watford fans turned some even leaving. Booing and Chanting against the team and Mr. Clifford could be heard from all 4 sides of the ground, However both Mr. Clifford and the team continued to mastermind a equalizer. Which never came, Kyle WALKER looked to have won a penalty for watford late on the reff blew but after consulting with his lines man reversed his decision.

Mr. Clifford

Its one of footballs many strange ways. Its a real bad patch which we really just need to see out. Reports coming out of the Club that confidence is shot does not help. Its my job to lift the lads in the dressing room but its proving hard. Its also very frustrating, one week were making up ground from last weeks loss, with a win then the next were throwing our hard work away losing again. Our season comes down to the next 2 games.

Fabregas Leads Chelsea To Victory Again

Chelsea 2-0 Everton

fabregas_1639624c.jpg

6 goals in 7 for Fabregas since Joining for the Blues

Chelsea closed spurs lead at the top of the Division one table last night to six points after the Blues secured a 2-0 victory over Danny Rsca's Everton whilst Spurs had to clinch a late equalizer against Middlesbough to save a point at White Hart Lane last night. Over 34,000 people made the trip to Goodision Park Last night to witness another Cesc Fabregas master class. The 24 year Spanish central midfielder picked up a man of the match award after a inspiring performance which saw Fabregas score a crucial goal sealing the victory for Chelsea. the Fixture started off slowly with both sides attempting to control the tempo of the game which lead to a very dull first half with Souza Robinho having the best opportunity to opening the scoring missing a open goal to the surprise of the Chelsea support after Robinho's Clinical form in recent weeks. The second half started off more positive with Fabregas and Ramos making early chances for the blues with the Toffees also coming close through center half Rolando. Then Finally in the 60th minute Debutante Forward Giampaolo Pazzini hit home and put the blues one up after a massive defensive Error from the Everton defense leaving Pazzini one on one with the keeper which was slotted home with ease. However shortly after the first game the home fans got on there sides back and the influence of the crowd was obvious with Everton controlling the next 20 minutes of the game having a number of great chances to get a equalizer the best chance falling to Phil Jagelkia who was denied by the Woodwork. But when the 80th minute again Everton's defense started falling to pieces with Chelsea right back Backary Sagna skying a shot after being left one on one with Tim Howard, then shortly after Fabregas showed why he is fast becoming a fans favorite at Stamford Bridge scoring a sublime header clinching the victory which sent the away head into Party Mode however it could of got even better for the 24 year old on the next attack a overhead kick from Fabregas nearly flew into the top corner which would of been a contender for goal of the season however it wasn't to be and Chelsea then shut up shot and saw the game out for a crucial three points leaving them just six points adrift of Spurs.

How it Stands

P GD Pts

1 -Tottenham Hotspur -52

2 -
CHELSEA

3 - Manchester United- 40

4 - Bolton Wanderers-39

5 - Arsenal- 38

6 - Newcastle United- 38

Duffy:

"I'm Delighted with the Victory Goddision Park is always a hard place to go let alone get a result. I'm very proud of my lads they have bounced back after some shaky form and hopefully we can now push on a keep closing the gap at the top. hopefully we can just get on some good form as i feel we are in the strongest position we've been in whilst I've been in charge"

Coventry_City_FC.png

Alvaro Strike to keep Coventry title hope alive.

IMG_0080.jpg

A fine game for Coventry as they defeated QPR 3-2. Alvaro with the MOM performance, bag 2 goals in the match.

Jordan says:

It was Alvaro night and we did it with style,I will let Alvaro to play more game in the near future. And I hope every Fans will give us the support as we are not out yet, we still have what it take to challenge the title.

tranmereroversec7046.png

Taarabt the hero as Rovers target top two

qpradeltaarabtcelebrate.jpg

Adel Taarabt continues to find the net for Tranmere

Tranmere Rovers continued their impressive form on Wednesday when they took all the points with a hard earned 2-1 victory Notts County at Prenton Park. Steve Thompson's men have now one seven of their last eight league games and that run has seen the Birkenhead based outfit climb to third in division 4 and they are now just four points behind second place Chesterfield in the race for the automatic promotion places.

Much of Rovers recent success comes down to free scoring midfielder Adel Taarabt and the Moroccan international was once again the hero bagging both goals for Tranmere to ensure victory.

Taarabt's first goal came just after half an hour at what a goal it was. A high looping ball came into the County box and with a host of defenders around him TAARABT somehow found the room to thunder home a wonderful overhead volley past past a bemused Notts keeper Carrizo 1-0.

Tranmere took their lead into half time but with just under 10 minutes of the second half on the clock County stunned the home faithful with an equalizer. The goal came from midfielder Filip DJURICIC who was afforded to much space inside the box and the young Serbian took full advantage heading home past a despairing Douchez 1-1.

That goal was a clear kick in the teeth for the home side but to their credit they never gave up and they were rewarded for their persistence on 69 minutes when they were awarded a penalty after striker Johan Elmander was tripped in the box. Adel TAARABT was the man to take it and he made no mistake from 12 yards sending the keeper the wrong way cue chaotic scenes among the home supporters 2-1.

Tranmere were good value for their lead but with 72 minutes gone they suffered a huge blow when star defender Loic Perrin received his marching orders after a petulant kick at his marker when waiting for a corner. That decision gave County confidence but Tranmere showed why they are one of the teams tipped for promotion defending resolutely to hold out and claim another priceless three points. FINAL SCORE 2-1.

After the game a relieved Steve Thompson spoke to the press.

"That was a mighty tough game out there tonight and i have to say the boys have performed magnificently to get the result. County made it very difficult for us and they deserve a lot of credit but i think that bit of extra quality shone through in the end and i am delighted.

I am delighted for Adel the boy is proving just what a talent he is and god knows how many goals he could have come the end of the season. When you count the goals he got for Southend earlier this season he now has 18 league goals that some going for a midfielder and it's a big bonus to us knowing we have that.

Despite the good result we do have some bad news in that we will now be without Loic for one game. It's a blow as he is a vital cog in how we play but i can have no complaints and the boy should really know better. We have look like we might be without Ayila Yussuf for our next game. He has a badly swollen ankle which needs resting but we are hopeful it wont be too long before he is back.

On the whole it's been a productive night. This result keeps us within touching distance of the top two and well inside the play off picture"

Yeovil new team on display

Some feverish transfer dealing has meant out with the old and in with the new at Yeovil with a few familiar faces remaining.

Upfront is the the deadly strike force of Humberto Suazo and Diego Tardelli, they will be backed up by the much improved Russian Artem Dzyuba.

It the middle of the park, Juan Veron, Ariel Ibagaza & Sergei Semak add some experience. Marco Marchionni and the Spaniard David Fuster , who retains his place , are on the wings.

At the back Marco Casseti , Mario Yepes signed back from Milan and fans favourite Zoumana Camara. Vladimir Granat and Adreas Wolf provide vital back up and the long term future of the sides defence.

Between the sticks is Stephane Ruffier signed from Monaco , with Javi Varas off the other way. While slightly lacking in depth , the quality of the squad is enough to scare most teams in division 4.

images-stories-ATL11-wigan%20badge-200x200.png

Wigan Fans Put Survival Hopes on New Signing Cesar Delgado

8796_1226573899.jpg

Wigan fans are putting all there faith behind new signing Cesar Delgado in a hope that the Argentinian can help the club survive division 1 after the bitter disappointment of the season so far with the clubs strike force struggling to hit the back of the net with just 32 to the clubs name so far.

Delgado who arrived yesterday from Mexican side Monterrey for a fee of £3000+Mauricio Pinilla and Sven Schimmel is expected to start against Nottingham Forest in what is a vital game for both sides he is expected to start alongside Barcellos Taison with Marouane Chamakh suspended for the match as is Pablo Aimar and Wigan will also be without Toby Alderweireld who is injured.

20198B79-E497-9110-F2B8977F8EFCC128.jpg

Dominic speak's on his match with jooles

Dominic takes a calm and pragmative approach to his match tonight against someone who has fiercely contested with since his arsenal days.

Im looking forward to my match tonight with jooles it should be a great game at packed stadium with two great teams fighting it out. There is no more bitterness between us two it has been replaced as respect for each other. Dont get me wrong Im not going soft I will tell my players to go out and destroy them and play in the attacking and fluent style that is accustomed with fulham.

He has also spoke of Big game mo's demise this season as well but wasnt so nice about it.

I said at the end of last season that Mo was taking his team to the path of self destruction with outragous spending ' date=' and his core team was a bunch of hasbeens who are declining in there careers or youth that would never progress to the big time. Im not suprised he is down there and even with the help of transfer steals of Inesta and Turan he still cant turn it round. I know Ive had big problems this season but Im laughing at their demise. Sooner he gets relegated the better I say[/font']

HUDDERSFIELD KEEP UP PRESSURE ON FRONT TWO

41578_119592435363_7509_n.jpg

After getting promotion to division two last season Huddersfield were favourites in many peoples books to struggle this season , but a good run of results have saw them move into the 3rd place spot.

Last nights game against Watford was a must win to keep the pressure on the top two .

Dan Malone set up with a defensive 4-5-1 to counteract the 5-4-1 of Bc Cliff's Watford and it paid dividends early as long time best player Felipe Melo opened the scoring on 11 minutes followed by a quick 2nd goal by new superstar signing Mario Zarate(4 goals in 5 games so far) in the 16th minute.

Watford pulled one back in the 27th minute but Huddersfield kept possession to see the result out and gladly take home the 3 points.

mario-zarate-lazio-siena-live.jpg

Zarate with what proved to be the winner

Injuries to Captain for the night Onuoha and Plasil dampened the night a bit but the fans went home happy and with there Premiership dreams still alive for another week

tranmereroversec7046.png

Burton leave it late to stun Tranmere

philbrown001.jpg

Pain is clear to see on the face of Steve Thompson

Tranmere Rovers hopes of catching the top two in division four were dealt a huge blow on Saturday as they were beaten by a late goal against Burton 1-0. The result means that Rovers stay 3rd in the division four points behind second place Chesterfield but they have waste the chance to put some serious pressure on the current two that occupy the automatic promotion places.

Tranmere were forced to make two changes from the side that won last time out against Notts County with Billy Jones coming in for his first league start under Thompson to replace the suspended Loic Perrin whilst Bongani Khumalo took the place of the injured Ayila Yussuf in the center of defense.

The only goal of the game came on 82 minutes courtesy of Burton striker Loic REMY who managed to turn quickly just inside the Tranmere box to lose his marker before unleashing an unstoppable drive past Douchez in the Rovers.

The goal was harsh on the visitors who more than matched Burton for the 90 minutes but the class of Remy shone through and he showed why he has been tracked by the bigger clubs in England.

After the game a clearly furious Steve Thompson gave his reaction to the result.

"I can't believe i am standing here talking about a defeat for my team. We have more than matched Burton today we created more chances and should really have had the game tied up by then.

The lads know they have let themselves down today we need to finish our chances when they come our way but the result hasn't really changed anything we are still only four points behind Chesterfield but we have missed a golden chance to put some pressure on the current top two.

We now look ahead to Wycombe on Wednesday in what is a very tough looking game. The plus points are that we welcome back Loic Perrin Ayila Yussuf and Grant Holt meaning we are back to full strength"

Huddersfield in Sensational Swap Deal

41578_119592435363_7509_n.jpg

Huddersfield boss Dan Malone waves goodbye to long time servant of the club Felipe Melo who has played 46 appearances for the club scoring nine goals & assisting ten other goals.

d54eb4cdcfd95c002810ba1bb4fd_grande.jpg

Felipe Melo leaves to go to his dream club of Manchester United

Coming Huddersfield's way in the straight swap deal is none other than Simon Rolfes a like for like player (but will be playing Champions league football this season).

239199-wieder-im-mannschaftstraining-simon-rolfes_485x364.jpg

Simon Rolfes the new Defensive Midfielder of Huddersfield

I am ver pleased with the signing and I reckon both clubs got a fair deal , I hope that Simon can put in some of the same performances that Felipe did.

[/font]

tranmereroversec7046.png

Thompson demands killer instinct

johanelmanderpointingt0.jpg

Elmander has struggled for goals since move to Tranmere

Tranmere Rovers return to home comforts tonight when they welcome Wycombe Wanderers to Prenton Park in what is sure to be a tense affair with both teams targeting promotion.

The home side will be going all out for the three points after a disappointing defeat away from home against Burton at the weekend but with Wycombe currently in the mist of a four game unbeaten run they will certainly be no pushovers.

The home side are likely to welcome back Nigerian defender Ayila Yussuf after injury and he is likely to replace Bongani Khumalo who deputized last time out. Also returning the fold is right back Loric Perrin who has served his one match suspension but striker Grant Holt is likely to miss out having only just returned to training from a three week lay off.

Ahead of the game Tranmere boss Steve Thompson gave his views on the fixture.

"After our disappointing result at the weekend we have really been looking forward to this game. That result was a real kick in the teeth as i thought we did enough to get something from it. One problem the game highlighted was our inability to take our chances and we need to get that killer instinct back if we want to achieve our goals this season.

The squad is looking a bit healthier with Ayila and Loric returning we also have Grant Holt back in training but this game has probably come a bit too soon for him The Accrington game at the weekend looks his best bet.

We know this is going to be a tough test they have only lost once on the road all season but we are at home and it's up to us to take the game to the opposition"

Gerrard - 'Don't Give Up Lads'

Gerrard-1-1.jpg

Gerrard will be a big miss in midfield while recovering from injury

Tottenham center midfielder Steven Gerrard is known as a powerhouse in the world of premier league football, having the ability to smack shots in from various ranges. Though during his side's 4-3 defeat to Manchester United on Wednesday night, the Liverpudlian picked up a sprained ankle that will see him out of the game for atleast 11 days. Two days later and the former Liverpool skipper is making decent progress and was able to give his views on Spurs title chances and whether or not he thinks Ben Newman is the right man to lead the London side to victory after local rivals Chelsea cut an eight point lead at the top to just one point in a matter of weeks.

Gerrard -
When I recieved the results of my scan on Wednesday night I was gutted. The thought of missing 3 vital matches for Spurs was horrific, especially with Chelsea breathing right down out necks. The lads put up a great performance at Old Trafford on Wednesday night and to lose in a match with that scoreline is devastating, especially when the teams below you are watching you like hawks for any possible slip ups. I have to say though that the gaffer has done a great job since taking over, but recent form has knocked him, I could tell when speaking to him on the phone yesterday. If we do manage to get a win against Fulham on Saturday then I think the whole team will be thinking positive again, someone just needs to tell them that they need to carry on doing what their doing and try their best. The fans and the manager believes in them, the only thing stopping us from regaining a healthy lead is the performance on the pitch, I'm not trying to be big headed in saying any of this, though I hope when me and Rafael are back playing it gives the whole squad a lift. I've had my hands on big trophies before, but now me aswell as the rest of the lads, want that premier league title to wrap off what so far has been a brilliant season.

tranmereroversec7046.png

Thompson targets return to form

grantholtnorwichcity201.jpg

Striker Grant Holt makes a welcome return to fitness for Tranmere

Tranmere Rovers make the short trip to Accrington Stanley tomorrow as they look to get their promotion bid back on track after two defeats in the last week. Steve Thompson's men have dropped from 3rd place to 5th as a result and another defeat tomorrow could see Rovers slip out of the play off places for the first time in a while.

Tranmere have received a major boost ahead of the game with the news that loan striker Grant Holt has returned to full training and declared himself fit for selection. 30 year old Holt has scored an impressive 5 goals in 10 appearances since his loan switch from Tottenham and the big front man is certainly a menace for any defence in division four.

Should Thompson's men slip to defeat on Saturday it will bring an unwanted record as it will be the first time his side have suffered three striaght defeats since he took the reigns back in early July.

Earlier today Steve Thompson held a press conference to dicuss his sides chances.

" The last two results have been massively disappointing for everybody concerned but we must not get too downbeat we are still in a very good position and have every chance of still challenging the top two.

It's nice to be able to choose from a full squad again and that is certainly a big boost for us. We have missed Grant's presence up top and he is always a tough customer for any defence.

We know that Accrington is going to be a tough game they have a very good manager in Aidan Radford and with them winning last time out their confidence will be sky high in front of their own fans"

tranmereroversec7046.png

Holt return inspires Rovers win

holt1884745c.jpg

Grant Holt scored two goals on his return to action

A Grant Holt inspired Tranmere returned to winning ways on Saturday as they ran out convincing winners defeating Accrington Stanley 4-1 at the Crown ground. Rovers had lost their previous two league fixtures and were looking to avoid a third which could have seen them drop out of the top six and severely dent their fragile confidence but the Mersysiders had no need to worry as they put on a confident display and with that condemn Stanley to their sixth home defeat of the season.

Tranmere made one change to the side that was beaten by Wycombe last time around with the fit again Grant Holt returning to the starting XI in the place of Armand Traore as Thompson reverted back to the more familiar 4-4-2 formation.

The away side started to game brightly and forced home keeper Paul Robinson into a number of fine saves early in the game to ensure the score remained 0-0. Accrington looked like a team under pressure and things were made even harder for them on 24 minutes when they were reduced to 10 men after striker Bobby Zamora received a striaght red card following a horrific challenge on Perrin.

Tranmere could smell blood now and with 37 minutes gone they took the lead courtesy of left back Christian FUCHS who tapped home from close range after an Elmander shot came crashing back off the crossbar 0-1.

The large travelling contingent were in great voice but just that joy was short-lived as just two minutes later Stanley were back on level terms through midfielder Jamie O'HARA who's speculative chip was fumbled over the line bu Rovers keeper Douchez 1-1.

That goal proved to be the last action of the half and Accrington would have been delighted to go into the break all square whilst Rovers would have been cursing their luck after a dominant display. HALF TIME 1-1.

Thompson would have had some harsh words for his side during the break and what ever he said reaped immediate rewards as with 50 minutes on the clock Tranmere were back in front thanks to striker Grant HOLT who drilled home following a fine through ball from Steven Davis 1-2.

The away side were bossing proceedings but it took till the 71st minute before they made the game safe and it was HOLT again who bagged his second of the game with solo goal beating two defenders before firing low past Robinson 1-3. The home fans has seen enough and began to head for the exits but Tranmere were not done and just three minutes later they added a fourth through Johan ELMANDER who powered home a header following an in-swinging corner for his second goal of the season 1-4.

That goal proved to be the last meaningful action of the game as Tranmere comfortably saw out the remaining 15 minutes and with that claim a much needed three points and keep up the pressure on the teams above them. FULL TIME 1-4.

After the game a delighted Steve Thompson faced the press and the 26 year old gaffer held special praise for striker Grant Holt.

"It's a fantastic three points and what we needed considering our previous results. I thought we were good value for the win and we could have had more had it not been for Robinson in their goal who i thought had a good game.

I have to mention Holty who was simply faultless today. We have missed him whilst he has been out injured. He brings something different to the attack and you know he can always get you a goal or two as he proved today. I just hope we can keep him fit and if we do we have a great chance in the games remaining.

We now move on and look ahead to Rotherham on Wednesday which will be a tough test but the confidence is back in the squad and we can really look forward to the game and hopefully give our home fans something to cheer"