English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7027 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

32_1203570233.gif

Totti agrees shocking switch to Keane's Fulham

francesco_totti21.jpg

Ermeglio, Il Bimbo d'oro (the little gold boy) attends his first press confernece as a Fulham player and captain

Reports emerged from Sky Sport Italia yesterday evening that Premier League side Fulham, manged by Roy Keane had lodged a bid for Roma and Italy Legend Francesco Totti. Early indications showed that Roma were not willing to sell their star man but in the end they said that the deal was best for both parties and that they reluctantly accepted Fulham's bid.

Fulham manager Roy Keane had already pulled off some major copus in the market signing the likes of German striker Miroslav Klose, Brazil's versatile left sided player Michel Bastos and Romanian caprtain Christian Chivu. Totti is now another name added to that list of big names and Totti was unveiled to the English media this afternoon after completing his switch.

Keane admitted he has been an admirer of Francesco Totti and admitted he was stunned to see Fulham's bid accepted. Keane announced that Totti has been given the club captaincy and he would also be given his famous number 10 jersey at his new side. Totti's english is not the best, but his interpretor translated that Totti was "Very excited about this switch and he hopes to guide Fulham to a European title."

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Colombians keep coming

618.png

With 5 Colombians already at the club not many more were expected to come in, but it seems that boss Ashley Duffy has a liking for the young south americans who are now expected to make the core of his young looking squad. The 3 new Colombians that were comfirmed to join the seagulls today bring the total today, are 22 year old centre midfielder Nelson Barahona who comes in for Adam Virgo who was traded to Medelin. The next to join was unknown 19 year old forward Orlando Berrio who is expected to be in the BHA youth set-up for most of this season and may be introduced into the squad if there is an injury crisis. Berrio was brought in for £60,000. The third and final comfirmed signing today was of 20 year old forward Edier Tello who is a quick money maker for Brighton only costing the young attacking midfielder Jamie Smith who was only rated at £10,000 by Brighton.

IMAGEN-6796971-1.png

Barahona

Ashley Duffy

Im very pleased to make these signings they will add alot to our squad espically Barahona who will me a big part of the first team and will be a main player for us. The other two will be bit part players and youth team players but both are important to the progresion of this club.

Accrington.gif

ACCRINGTON STANLEY - EC7027

Ryan Shotton To Be Accrington's Final Loan Signing

Shotton-settling-well-with-Tykes-b96adfab-fe25-465c-9467-f477031f3efb.jpg

Accrington Stanley have added Ryan Shotton to Jake Livermore & Jermaine Beckford as there three English loan signings. Shotton will be the key man at the back line for Accrington and he'll need to be at his very best to help out Accrington during the season, there going to need plenty of help as they just don't have much quality at the minute so Shotton is definatly needed. Also emerging is that Accrington will go all English throughout the season meaning a few players may well be forced out of the club.

graeham-lesauxtn.jpg Le Saux says ... great signing, he'll be invaluable to the defence

Ian_Rush.jpg Rush says ... what on earth is he thinking, he'll single handedly bankrupt us with wages throughout the season. This lad better have a good excuse when i see him.

Four Scots Released by Accrington

flag-of-scotland.jpg

It's more or less set to be confirmed that Accrington Stanley will go all English after four Scottish players were released by the club today ahead of there opening game of the season against Brighton. Brian McPhee, John McGoldrick, Stuart Camming & Barry Donachie were all released by Accrington, they'll all struggle to find a club with the way the current market is but all are likely to return to Scottish football. Radford hasn't suggested any English squad to be put in place yet, he just stated that none of the squad were good enough to get a game.

Ryan Transfer Listed, To Accrington Faithful's Anger

1257640291-Click-Ryan2.jpg

Accrington Stanley boss A. Radford has made his first controversial decision as manager of Accrington Stanley. He's transfer listed fans favourite Jimmy Ryan ahead of tommorow's season opener with Brighton & Hove Albion and the Accrington faithful are frustrated and angry with the new boss. There's plenty of rumors flying around that Accrington will go all out for an all English squad after releasing four Scottish members of the squad and now transfer listing Irish-man Jimmy Ryan will only louden the rumors. Radfords called for a press conference tonight where all will be revealed of Accrington's plans for the season.

john-hartson-215712276.jpg Hartson says ... not the wisest move, his replacement better be good

Ian_Rush.jpg Rush says ... The money better be going into my pocket

Ian_Rush.jpg Rush says ... Accrington Stanley, Who are they?

sp0403tottenham-hotspur-posters.jpg

Latest

Tottenham manager Bc Cliff's surprised spurs fans this evening buy announcing 2 surprise signing's It has been confirmed that Juventus have sold another Midfielder to spurs this time Felipe Melo joininng the club on a staggering 5 year contract, and Genoa another team in italy have unwillingly agreed to let Salvatore Bocchetti join tottenham.

Im a fan of Seria A have my coaches have been scouting over there im obviously pleased my defence was on the thin side and Bocchetti coming in is great as theres competition for that CB spot at 23 he is still a young lad just like Giovinco we want him to grow and learn as a player and i think tottenham is the right place for him to do that. Genoa were unwilling to sell and rightly so but iv been told by the chairman Salvatore and his agent pushed the deal through.
Felipe Melo also joins us today, i have a certian style of play were my to holding players are very important to me Gago as you know will be part of my plans but like my defence i wanted there to be competition. As i explained to the press and the fans i would have settled for the team i had after the first 5 signings i made, but i also said that i wanted the Mr.Clifford stamp on my team i believe with these two players joining that is achieved.

Mr.Clifford has also confirmed with these two signings Injury prone Woodgate and david bently leave to genoa and Kranjcar heads of to juventus, Tottenham have now ended their intrest in the market and wont be looking into it unless a serious injury come's along.

Melo,Bocchetti,forlan and kanoute will all miss the opening game to the season were spurs welcome newcastle.Pazzini another italian does start along with Gago. Mr.Clifford also joked spurs will soon be known as the italian job if all goes to plan.

The Dufferman Division 4 , Season Preview

With the new season only days away the first ever Division 4 preview/review section of the English Championship 7027 has been released and up first is the Turn 1 match previews.

Stockport County - Leyton Orient

Stockport are unmanaged and so have not made many changes but with players like Ibehre in the first team ready to impress and score goals for the cause a result may come there way. Orient on the other hand do have a new manager in Y Fowsdinho. The manager who has no been seen for a few days has not made any changes to the squad but will this affect the performance of the team. Orient have the better squad overall but with both teams not having very good management the game seems like its going to be a bore draw.

Players to Watch:

Ibehre (77)

Jimmy Smith (79)

Result verdict - Draw

Chesterfield - Oldham Athletic

Chesterfield have made 6 new signings all under the age of 23 which has added youth and a decent looking future to the club. In Jack Pearce they have an expierenced manager who has been in the game a very long time. At Oldham however there has only been one change with expierneced Jason Scotland coming in. The manager however has a roumered dodgy history and with punishment taken on him sometime in the past is he up to the challange of the expierenced Jack Pearce.

Players to Watch:

Simon Ford (81)

Jason Scotland (85)

Result Verdict - Chesterfield win

Rotherham United - Dagenham & Redbridge

A rather inexpierneced manager in Jake Benson at Rotherham has produced no new signings on top of the current squad. The team do not look the strongest in the league with only an average 73 rating but players like Josh Walker will be important in games like today. However the opposition Dagenham have no manager and no new signings so its all up to the coaches to make the selections. Dagenham posses one of the weakest squads in the division which could make the game very easy for Rotherham.

Players to Watch:

Josh Walker (79)

Gavin Tomlin

Result Verdict - Rotherham Win

Burton Albion - Northampton Town

Unmanaged Burton have made no new changes like most of the teams in the division and will be expecting the coaches to get the team through the opening game and for future games until a new manager can be found. Northampton have made 15 new signings which has added depth and quality to the team. With new man Music man in charge the club have a very inexpiernced manager but so far his transfer dealings have shown him to be a very good manager. Will his new signings prove to be the winner?

Players to Watch:

Darren Moore (80)

Mathew Killganon (85)

Result Verdict - Northampton Win

Yeovil Town - Exeter City

Yeovil are another of the many unmanaged teams in the division who have made no changes to the squad. The team consists of lots of sub division 4 quality players and has 3 on loan players. Exeter are in the same boat as Yeovil and have no new signings. However there Exeters squad is slightly superior and so have the edge in this one.

Players to Watch:

Dean Bowditch (78)

Richard Duffy (80)

Result Verdict - Exeter Win

Gillingham -

With only 26 players in the squad and 1 ABD things look bleak at Gillingham. No manager , No quality players and No one to look up to the team will have to fight and fight hard if there going to win this one. However at Bury there is an expierenced manager in Neil Matterson and a hope that this season could be special. Although there have been no additions of yet there are players transfer listed and a manager looking like he has an idea of what he is doing.

Players to Watch:

Chris Dickson (78)

Jordon Robertson (77)

Result Verdict - Bury Win

Tranmere Rovers - Shrewsbury Town

Two managed teams come head to head in this game with Shrewsbury looking the far stronger of the two. With the manager looking so inexpierenced on paper time will tell if his 6 signings will become good signings for the club but quality players such as Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu brought in and Mcallister already in the centre of midfield core of this team is very strong. Tranmere on the other hand have a more expierenced manager in tom powell but no signings of yet and with a tiny poor quality side the result can only go one way.

Player to Watch:

Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (80)

Showunmi (78)

Result Verdict - Shrewsbury Win

Aldershot Town - Southend United

One of the weakest teams in the division and no manager at the club Aldershot look poor and the game will come down to the fire power of Southend. With mostly squad players brought in so far Southend boss Stephanie Darby has brought in depth but is the quality there to win tommorow?

Player to Watch:

Glenn Little (80)

Fraser Forster (80)

Result Verdict - Southend Win

Hartlepool United - Wycombe Wanderers

Although only 7 weeks into his managerial carrear Hartlepool boss Fernando will have alot of expectation on his shoulders. The aim for most teams in Division 4 is to get out and thats exaclly what the fans want. Even though the team is pretty much unchanged the loan signing of Wellington Silva should add flair and speed to the team. Wycome are another of the unmanaged teams in the division and for that they have made no signings. The team is average and no much is expected until a manager can be found.

Players to Watch:

Joe Gamble (83)

Ainsworth (78)

Predicted Result - Hartlepool

175px-Ipswich_Town.svg.png

Ipswich Spending Spree

Ipswich Ex manager Roy Keane left the club to join Premier league side Fulham.Town where left without a manager for a short time as Jaspal Thaliwal stepped in to take the job,Jaspal wasted no time to snap up his new squad.Towns first target was Spainish youngster David De Gea rated as one of the best young keepers around,Next signing was Lyon's Gonalons with plenty of games for Lyon he has showed what hes capable of.Jaspal Swopped in and Sign Bender for German side Borussia Dortmund and beat many teams to the signature of Brazil's rising star Neymar.

NEYMAR.jpg

Town went and captured Portugal's First team Lb Coentrao and Real Madrid Canales.Lovern and Ljajic were added to complete the first team along with Ibrahima to strengthen the second string to partner with Ipswich young Stud Connor Wickham.Town brang Spurs Jamie O'hara,United's Mame Diouf and Arsenals Kieran Gibbs all on loan to add more depth into the squad.

coentraoipswich.jpg

Fabio Coentrao in the New Ipswich Kit.

ipswichcanales.jpg

Sergio Canales wearing his Kit with Pride.

Jaspal Thaliwal said

Im only interested in young stars of the future for my team.Thats why i added players like De Gea and Neymar but maybe one or two experienced players might be added to the squad to guide us to Promotion.

Starting XI Vs Newcastle

(GK) Gomez (90)

(RB) Corluka (91)

(CB) King © (89)

(CB) Dawson (88)

(LB) Bale (88)

(CM/DM) Huddlestone (89)

(CM/DM) Gago (90)

(FWD) Defoe (91)

(RM) Lennon (90)

(LM) Modric (91)

(CF) Pazzini (90)

The strongest team i could put out Man City is my second game and i want forlan and kanoute fit for that as i believe Man city are a rival to me this season in terms of my final place in the table no disrespect to Newcastle but i dont think they will be a threat to me this season with table position's soo not risking forlan and kanoute

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI5SOtLbptRNsHq6

David Youldon has been announced as the new manager at St. Mary's on his birthday, yesterday, and the official announcement has been made today by chairman Michael Wilde and replaced Jan Poortvilet after the Dutch manager was sacked after poor performances. David Youldon inherits a good squad, Tom Pham has immediately talked to the press after arriving at the Derby Airport: "I am very happy to be here. I currently have a good squad at my disposal with important players. I am looking to bring this club to a mid-table finish this season and a title challenger next season.

SHEFFIELD's SAMBA STARS

Ferreira Diego Renan

picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=502

Earlier today, the signing of Ferreira Diego Renan was announced on a deal worth £950k + Lee WILLIAMSON & Mark YEATES on a 2 year deal. The 20 year old was signed from Cruzeiro after having a bid accepted yesterday. There was interest from a few other teams but Gjoni put in a bid as soon as he found the talented Side-Back before he got competition from other teams for his signature.

Diego Renan had this to say:

I want to thank the manager for this opportunity and I will give everything to help Sheffield get promotion!

Santo Alex Teixeira

Alex+Teixeira+(Vasco).jpg&t=1

Diego Renan was also joined by Shaktar's very own Brazilian winger on a 4 year deal for £650k + Ched EVANS. The winger is the final midfielder and striker that Gjoni will sign now as he is concentrating on the Defence from now. The winger will partner Wilshere and Keirrision in attack today against Portsmouth. The trio along with Andre Ayew hope to score many goals for them.

Alex Teixeira had this to say

I am grateful to be signed for such a team and hope to help my countryman, Keirrison, and Wilshere and Ayew to score many goals for the team so we can get promotion!

The manager is expecting only 2 more transfers but they will not sign in time for the manager to play them against Portsmouth. They will be available for the match next Wednesday against Ipswich.

Accrington.gif

Accrington Stanley - Brighton & Hove Albion

rambo2.jpg

Accrington Stanley face Brighton this afternoon in what will be a very tough game. Accrington have only signed about half of the players they look to sign whilst Brighton are more or less the strongest team in the divison. Brighton have done so well and the likes of Aaron Ramsey & Franco Di Santo will be crucial to them against Accrington. Accrington have managed to bring in three strong players, all of which are loans in Ryan Shotton, Jake Livermore & Jermaine Beckford. Beckford will be a real force as a lone strike and Accrington will be hoping he can get a goal on the counter attack. Generally Brighton are huge favourites going into the game but the game is there to be played and far from started.

Accrington To Win: 14/1

Brighton to Win: 2/1

Draw: 10/1

Ian_Rush.jpg Rush says ... let's get something from the game

Poyet Looking Forward to Brighton Clash

poyet_682x400_926248a.jpg

In tommorow's clash with Brighton, current Accrington assistant-manager Gus Poyet will be facing his former club in Brighton & Hove Albion. He's looking forward to the clash, having only just been replaced with current Brighton boss Ashley Duffy. He's going to look to help pull off an upset but he's going to need a bit of luck to go Accrington's way with Brighton way ahead as favouriters in the match.

Gus+Poyet_1141_18436122_0_0_7005489_100.jpg Poyet says ... Duffy needs to do something special to beat what i did at Brighton.

Scott Donnelly Joins From Swansea

Scott-Donnelly-Aldershot_2352939.jpg

Accrington Stanley have secured the signing of young prospect Scott Donnelly from Swansea City. He joins for just £300,000 and after breezing through a medical he's been placed straight into the squad for Accrington Stanley's clash with Brighton. Radford has said he's somebody that can make an impact, he can score goals and make some magic happen over a set-piece, he's delighted to have brought him into the club and he should be with Accrington for some time now.

john-hartson-215712276.jpg Hartson says ... great signing, but a little steep for the short term

BURNLEYS MASS CLEAROUT

Federico Fazio has just arrived at burnley on a two-year-deal. A sawp deal was agreed with sevilla for Andre Bikey, and the transfer was completed in the early hours of the morning. Manager Hazr Poland says that Fazio is a fantastic addittion to his squad, and he is very excited to see how Federico does this season.

Another player to sign for Burnley is Mauricio Isla. He has signed on a swap deal involving Graham ALexander and Ross Wallace, and has arrived on a three-year-deal. Hazr Poland is planning to use him alongside Yann M'vila to protect the back four whilst creating chances for the forwards.

islaburnley.jpg

300pxnewcastleunitedlog.png

All Change on the Tyne

Since taking charge at Newcastle, manager Dudeskin has kept quiet in the transfer market opting to sit back and watch everyone else rush around for the early bargains. Now the season is nearing its start the need to bring in quality is very apparent as the current squad has very little to speak of. In making his first purchases Dudeskin has opted to develop a strong spine to the team.

This included bringing in two established centre halfs in Carlos Marchena and Sergei Ignashevich, both experianced internationals that can add some class to a Newcastle back-line that has rarely seen it. Valencia were unwilling to sell but caved in when the player requested he wanted out, CSKA were more understanding in letting their man go.

carlosmarchena.jpgarticle119410900fc3eb21.jpg

A new partnership to be formed

Upfront was also another key area that the manager felt needed adressing, this was taken care of with the signings of Oscar Cardozo, Leite Adriano and Rodrigo Palacio from Befica, Roma and Genoa respectively.

276119.png360pxadriano.jpg

Adriano will need to lose some pounds

One of the most important improvements needed at Newcastle was the addition of a skillfull attacking midfielder, someone who can open up defences with a well-timed through ball or 50 yard cross and land it on two pence. What was also required was a player with a future so it was decided Miralem Pjanic was the ideal aquisition

miralempjanic1275290.jpg

Brings some class to the North

Shortly after the unveiling Dudeskin spoke to the press on the new faces :

"When I first arrived Ashley assured me that there were funds available to bring in players but I didn't want to go into bidding wars where I could end up spending over the odds so waited until everyone was presumably broke.

There were many areas in the side that needed strengthening with defence an obvious one, Marcena and Nashy (Ignashevich) I feel will change the perception of Newcastle as a side who don't know how to defend. In attack we have Andy Carrol who is a local favorite, I will still give game time to him but bringing in Cardozo was a must, Adriano will partner him upfront and between the two should get enough goals to keep us up. In Pjanic we have a talented young player who is good enough to start in the team and will crack many a defence in this league with his quality"

And on tonight's Match

"Unfortunatly some of the new signings are unable to take part this evening due to variuos factors but mainly fitness, this includes Marchena, Palico and Pjanic. However Cardozo and Adriano will both start up top, but I won't expect much from them with almost no time to work on tactics and strategy.

I still look forward to the opening fixture against Spurs and wish their manager good luck for tonight game"

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

Untitled-2.png

The Division 1 Best Transfer Pre-Season

Arsenal- The best transfer Swindon has done is Sergio Busquets This lad could form a deadly partnership with Fabregas in the Midfield.

7/10

Aston Villa- Luis Fabiano was a great buy for Villa, Fabiano is a lethal player who could fire Villa to success with his goal scoreing record.

7/10

Birmingham- No good buys so far.

Blackburn- Mark Van Bommel this was a good buy for Rovers with his expierence he could help Blackburn stay up the table but Rovers squad is very good.

6/10

Blackpool- No Signings

Bolton- Ganso will be a great player in the future but Dylan snapped him ahead of two others and no doubt he can be Boltons best player by next season

7/10

Chelsea- Aarons best signing by far has to be Ozil the lad is one of the best Attacking players on the planet.

9/10

Everton- The best signing was Steven Defour he's guna be a great player along with Granero in Midfield.

7/10

Fulham- Robs best signings was Totti he has great expierence and can help Fulham achieve European football

8/10

Liverpool- The best signing has to be Eden Hazard who has a great future ahead of him and at Liverpool he can shine and show his full potential.

9/10

Manchester City- The best signing was David Villa who has allways been a great goal-scorer and he can perform with Man CIty so becarefull other teams.

9/10

Manchester United- SOPs best signing has to be Thomas Muller who has been he deadlyest player in the last season performing well at Bayern and the best World Cup player.

9/10

Newcastle- The best signing was Miralem Pjanic who is a great talent and was a steal.

8/10

Stoke City- Pedro will be great at Stoke city no matter he will rip teams to shreds.

8/10

Sunderland- My best buy with my team has to be Hamsik who will form a deadly partnership with Meireles.

9/10

Tottenham- No doubt Diego Forlan was the best signing wh ohas been great but could be past his prime.

8/10

West Brom- The best signing was secureing Burdisso at the backline along with Marquez to form a strong backline.

7/10

West Ham- The best signing was Sami Khadeira who has really proved how good he was this season so it was a good buy for the hammers.

9/10

Wigan- Nick has done well at the helm of Wigan but his best signings is Pato who is a very good player and is only 20.

9/10

Wolves- This was a tough one to decide but it has to be Kallstrom I dont no much about him it was his best buy.

7/10

Manager 3lton has brought spending spree to a close

3lton has brought Sheffield's spending to a close with signing of Kukasz Bocian for 10k, Gjoni is though to have bought him due to his future rise expected, and highly-rated defender M'Bia from Marseille for £4.4m plus J.Fortune and N.Montgomery. The defender is now the team's best defender and will partner Maicon, Mancienne and Diego Renan to keep Delac's goal safe from other team's attacks.

51541_news.jpg

M'Bia had this to say:

I am glad to move to Sheffield and will be ready for today's game against Portsmouth. Me and Maicon will play like we together like Vidic and Ferdinand.

Gjoni Added:

That's it. M'Bia and Bocian are out last signings and we no longer need any new players, I am happy with my team and we think a fight for promotion is inevitable and in reach.

Sheffield Team at the start of the season:

Players: 22 --> 24

Average Rating: 81 --> 82

Average age: 27 --> 19

Average value: £2.8M --> £4.8M

Total Value: £61.8M --> £101.9M

Overall the whole Sheffield United team has got better and the team has been transformed.

2_1202957170.gif2-2 31_1229339837.jpg

Everton starts with a draw

A decent result for Fellaini & co who dominated most of the game (64% ball possession) even though playing very defensive.

Very few shots on goals from both sides but at least the crowd has seen 4 goals.

In the 3th minute Arteta curled in a shot and things started to look good for Everton. But in the 23st minute Luis Fabiano scored a similar goal but this time from outside the area.

In the 66 minute it was Carlos Cuellar who rasped home a screamer on the edge of the box.

But it took Everton only 3 minutes to equalize again, Cahill nonchalantly lobed a ball over the advancing goalkeeper.

Pretty pleased with how the boys played tonight, the manager said.

It's never easy playing away against a strong team like Aston Villa but despite the 2 goals away we defended well and had our chances.

Liverpool

Torres leads the way

Liverpool 3-1 Blackburn

61% 39%

Total Shots

15 5

Shots On Target

10 1

Corners

8 9

Yellow Cards

0 0

Red Cards

0 0

P REINA Man Of The Match 9

2 G JOHNSON 7

3 V MARCELO 6

4 M SKRTEL 7

5 D AGGER 7

6 J MASCHERANO 6

7 E HAZARD 7

8 A AQUILANI 1 Goal 7

9 F TORRES 2 Goal 8

10 S GERRARD 7

11 Á DI MARIA 6

Liverpool Substitutes

12 L BONUCCI -

13 E INSUA -

14 L LUCAS -

15 S RAMIRES -

16 M JOVANOVIC -

5 A PALOP 1

6 (60) P CHIMBONDA 2

7 T TAIWO 3

7 D NAVARRO 4

8 1 Goal C SALCIDO 5

7 L CIGARINI 6

7 (75) M VAN BOMMEL 7

7 R JADSON 8

7 (60) C SAMBA 9

7 H ALMEIDA 10

7 S KEITA 11

Blackburn Rovers Substitutes

- M SALGADO 12

7 (60) E BRANDAO 13

7 (60) M CASSETTI 14

- M SANTANA 15

7 (75) D DUNN 1

Liverpool opened the season with a dominating performance at Anfield. A brilliant finish from Torres who only needed to beat the keeper was the start of a 3-1 win against a well drilled Blackburn side. Aqua man made it 2-0 just two minutes later and a cheeky dummy round the keeper. Torres then scored his second, 6 minutes from time, a powerful header beating Palop. Blackburn did pull a goal back however just three minutes later after an impressive long run. Liverpool are second to Man United on goal difference.

Accrington.gif

Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Brighton & Hove Albion

scolari-hails-franco-di-santo-415x275.jpg

Accrington Stanley haven't managed to pull of a shock result to try and knick a point against Brighton. They were within just a minute of picking up a result, but Franco Di Santo scored a very late goal to earn Brighton all three points from there away trip. Accrington have only signed about half of the players that they'll look to sign, the rest should join tommorow with the likes of Francis Jeffers & Sam Hewson heavily linked with a move to Accrington Stanley. Idan Sade gave Brighton an early lead with a strong header flying into the back of the net very early on. Just 5 minutes later and Jimmy Ryan levelled the scores, a long range effort from Sam Proctor was saved but fell straight to Ryan who tapped in from close range. Franco Di Santo then restored Brighton's lead in the second, half a superb run ended up with the loanee's first goal for his new club. Then Jimmy Ryan scored his second of the game, with a superb header to put Accrington level for the second time in the game. The game finished with Franco Di Santo scoring a last minute winner, a corner was headed away but straight into the path of Franco Di Santo who struck the ball on the half volley to win Brighton the game.

Ian_Rush.jpg Rush says ... so close, but nethertheless well below my expectations of a club i seem to have never heard of.

Beckford Injury A Major Concern

beckfordaccrington.jpg

The major concern for Accrington was not the result, which was expected but an injury to the man tipped to be the key man for Accrington Stanley next season. Jermaine Beckford picked up an injury, and dispite managing to play throughout the 90 minutes he was deemed unfit after having a late medical after the game having had a word with the physio. He wont be back anytime soon, and it looks like with rumors of Francis Jeffers joining the club, he should play upfront on his own for the time being whilst it was first thought that he'd play alongside Beckford.

303_a.jpg Speed says ... very unfortunate, we'll need to make some changes in our team now

Ryan Scores Brace In Farewell

SD3398949@SOCCER-Coca-Col.jpg

Accrington Stanley's Jimmy Ryan scored a brace for the club in there opening game of the season against Brighton in what is his farewell for the game. Ryan played superb, with a superb game in general and two goals to really end his spell at Accrington after rising through the ranks in style. He's now going to join Peterborough United for a fee of £250,000, a young lad has been involved in the deal but that player doesn't interest Accrington and he'll be immeadiatly released fom Accrington. Ryan has earned a big move up to Division 3 and everybody from the club has wished him the best of luck.

john-hartson-215712276.jpg Hartson says ... the fans wont be happy with this, we need to get some results after making a sale like this

damned_united.jpg

Result Vs Newcastle 0-2

As good starts go this was not etched into spurs fans,players and manager alike yet alone the result's book, a 2-0 loss to newly promoted newcastle saw manager Bc Cliffs (pictured) take charge of his first tottenham game, a game that he would like to forget. Spurs had 49% of the Possession, 12 shots to Newcastle's 10 and of thoes 12 shot's JUST TWO were on target to Newcaslte's 7.

My first game, well a game to forget really the possession was even enough,Im disspleased to say the least Pazzini is new to england and the english game so he can be forgiven, Form 12 shots just to have 2 on target is not what id call a SMFA Shield spot worthy,Forlan and Kanoute my to favored forwards were unable to play this however is no excuse. We fluffed our chances and newcastle shut us out pretty quick if anything was stating to develop. Our passing was poor are shooting was poor nothing to it really.

09damned_600.jpg

Tottenham's next game is a friendly VS sunderland a much needed friendly from what it looks like, Panathinaikos travel to London 2 days after by then Mr.Clifford hopes his team will be fit and working as a team.

Scintillating Plymouth send nine warning shots to all title contenders

images?q=tbn:azUZEpvrHKr0ZM:l 2-9 images?q=tbn:30A2p6xMO6x_BM:l

This game wasn't about which team won, it's was about how many goals Plymouth Argyle could score against an unmanaged AFC Bournemouth side.

The game started of in goal-scoring fashion, In the 2nd Minute Huntelaar made it 0-1 after volleying past the keeper quite powerfully. AFC Bournemouth scored the equalizer through Pugh, but was quiet embarrassed to claim it, as it was clearly a miss-hit shot. The second goal for Plymouth was scored soon after,as in the 5th Minute Edu, Vik's last minute signing, controls the ball and volleys past the keeper quite easily.

huntelaarz.jpg

Huntelaar will be a key player for Plymouth this season

The third goal came soon after for Plymouth as Johnson heads the corner in the net in the 8th Minute. There was already 4 goals in 8 minutes, this was set out to be a cracker. In the 17th minute Ninis, used his lightning pace, to outrun the defenders and lash a shot in the far corner. this game looked pretty much over as the score was 1-4. The scoring doesn't end in the first half as in the 27th Minute, Huntelaar makes the score 1-5. with an easy tap in, his second goal of the game. Huntelaar was able to get his hat-trick soon after as in the 32nd minute, he powerfully headed in a cross from Gonzalez. This guy was on fire. Drenthe was shown a straight red, in the 33rd Minute, as Vik P looked pretty furious down at the touchline. The last goal of the half was scored by Edu in the 44th Minute, as a fumble by the opposing keeper allowed Edu for another easy tap in, the half finished 1-7.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9p5TFQO57R1YoWQ-H4FFaX1LwI3YUcm21mruTZmiuyiFDT3s&t=1&usg=__E1hd3mDw6gX89zI7vXXKGjTD6hA=

Huntelaar, when he scored his hat-trick on his debut.

As soon as the second half kicked off, Gonzalez used all his athleticism to score a wonderful overhead kick, surely has to be a goal of the month contender. 1-8 was the score and most AFC Bournemouth fans started leaving the stadium. The leaving fans had a right to leave as soon after in the 48th minute, Edu scored his hatrick with a delightful hit half volley which crashed into the net. 1-9 was the score. Huntelaar was subbed in the 60th minute to give him the needed rest. In the 63rd minute a wreck less tackle by Jalal, which caused Gonzalez to injured for around 9 days. There was something to smile for the bournemouth fans, as they got a goal back through cooper, but in the end the game finished 2-9

gonzalezr.jpg

Gonzalez will be sidelined for up to 9 days

This is what Vik P had to say at the end of the match:

Overall it was one of the best performances I have ever seen. Huntelaar and Edu were clinical when in the box and I'm sure they'll bag a lot more goals when they work together. I was furious to see Drenthe get sent off, as there was minimal contact to the opposing player, and when Gonzalez got fouled which caused him to get injured, no card? It's a big blow to us, as we start the season with a red carded and injured player, with two big games coming up against Peterborough and Coventry, it forces me to put out a weakened team. Well from this, we can take out some positive's and negative's in tonight's game, and I will look to improve and be ready for the upcoming fixtures.

Nottingham%20Forest.png

Nottingham Forest Slams Tottenham and Manchester City's Managers

Having had some time to soak in the emphatic victory over QPR, Manager Al-Hendy finally decided to let the media question him about the developments thus far into the season. One of the more interesting replies he gave was in regard to Nottingham Forest's transfer market ups and downs this season:

This was one of the toughest transfer markets I've ever had to deal with. Zanetti, Trezeguet, Olic, Gabby Milito, Burdisso, and Samuel were all players who we were unable to bring in despite making our interest in them very clear. However, I'm not too upset that I missed out on them, because I was able to bring in other players that we really needed and these players went to good clubs with managers who are trying to build their team up to join the big boys.

What really upset me in this transfer market was the actions of two clubs in particular: Tottenham and Manchester City. The Tottenham manager spent so much time in the media talking about how he wanted to help the weaker teams succeed and wanted to even the playing field, but then he went and bullied us out of acquiring both Kanoute and Pazzini, two forwards who hardly improved his offense at all! It was disgraceful and disrespectful, and probably will have destroyed Spurs - Forest relations for years to come.

I'm less angry with Manchester City, but still upset with their manager. I contacted him to ask him to loan me at least one of the FIVE players I put loan bids in for, but all he did in reply was tell me that Santon was needed for the upcoming season (even though there are 4 higher rated fullbacks on the team) and that Santa Cruz was for sale, and that he needed money. First off, I don't mind being denied these two players on loan, but there's no reason to tell me, little Nottingham Forest, that you need money, when you've spent 27 million in the transfer market and have a starting squad that is more than double, maybe even triple, the value of mine. The even more irritating thing about the Manchester City manager is that he said he may loan me Johnson, but it has been three days now and my loan bid for Johnson is still unreplied to, and two players who I'm sure won't get any game time have also not been addressed either. I would be upset if I received a no for these players, as I know they're not good enough to receive any game time at Man City, but at least that would be better than the current unresponsiveness I'm receiving. It's unprofessional and extremely annoying.

I'm very happy to be surrounded by many intelligent and dignified managers who want the best for their team but still deal genuinely with those around them. However, its managers like the two I've mentioned who irritate me and don't deserve success.

And with that fiery tirade, Al-Hendy exited the press conference area and headed back to the locker room and away from the media. What effects will Al-Hendy's words have on the rest of English football? Will Manchester City and/or Tottenham have a response? Will they look to fix relations or damage them even further by repudiating and countering Al-Hendy's allegations? And will the FA look to fine Al-Hendy for his sharp criticism of these two managers so early in the season? Stay tuned as we continue to update you on this story.

© CNN News

300pxnewcastleunitedlog.png

Shock At The Lane

Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 2 Newcastle United

Newcastle's preparations for this game had been very poor indeed with their transfers only being completed on the day of the game, meaning many could not start. Tottenham howver had almost all theirs ready and put out a very impressive side that on paper was much better than Newcastle.

In the first half nothing much really happened in terms of goals being scored as both teams looked nervous being the opening game of the new season, Pancrat picked up a yellow in the 31st minute. The second half started perfectly for Newcastle as Cardozo found space in the area and finished off a tough chance for 1-0. That shocked the Spurs crowd and that spread to the players who began to panic, this gave the opportunity from a corner for Pancrate (soon to be leaving the club) to head in the deciding goal for 2-0.

Dudeskin spoke after the game :

"I'm absolutely delighted with this result, driving down here today I was very worried that we could have got turned over badly by a quality Spurs side. I think the key about this game was having Cardozo and Adriano both fit to start the game, them two were too strong for the weak Spurs central defence and in the end it was inevitable. It's good for Cardozo that he has scored on his debut, hopefully he takes that into our next game where I will be able to field a much stronger lin-up.

On the transfer front I do have several irons in the fire that will be completed today and in the coming days once the external bids start filtering in.

In terms of this season my aims are still remain to stay up and until I reach the 40 point mark that will not change, however after this game today I was expected to have 0 and be bottom of the league, instead we are 4th in the league and looking up which is good for team confidence and keeping these loyal fans happy"

oscarcardozo468x366.jpg

Cardozo makes perfect start

Accrington.gif

Francis Jeffers Adds To The Accrington Fire Power

jeffersaccrington.jpg

Accrington Stanley have added to there strike force with the signing of Francis Jeffers. Jermaine Beckford is the star man upfront but after he picked up an injury in the first game of the season meaning that Jeffers may well have to play as a lone striker for the time being. He'll have to wait untill Beckford returns from injury to play upfront alongside him but he will look to score one or two goals whilst upfront on his own.

john-hartson-215712276.jpg Hartson says ... injury-prone striker to fill in for an injured striker, i can see what's going to happen next

Iriekpen Breaks Accrington Transfer Record

0,,10327~3173104,00.jpg

Another arrival at Accrington Stanley is ruthless centre-back Izzy Iriekpen. Radford's a big fan of Iriekpen after his 3 years at Swansea, where he was ever present in the Swansea defence and booted anything dribbling the ball towards his goal. Iriekpen has joined for a record transfer fee, joining for £700,000 as another free-agent signing and he'll play alongside the likes of Ryan Shotton in the backline. He'll want a succesfull spell at Accrington after joining for a record fee, with a lot of expectation from the Accrington fans.

graeham-lesauxtn.jpg Le Saux says ... exactly what we needed in defence, a bit of strength to demand a bit of respect from the more skilfull players in the divison

Three More Join Accrington

LennyPidgeleyACT_468x310.jpg

Accrington have brought in three more players ahead of the new season alongside Izzy Iriekpen & Francis Jeffers. They've brought in a first team goalkeeper with Lenny Pidgeley joining for £450,000 as a free-agent. He was definatly needed with Accrington's goalkeeper for the first game of the season letting three goals in which Pidgeley might have easily stopped. Andy Lindergaard joins as a free agent for £275,000 and will definatly beable to play as a strong wing back which Accrington played on the first game of the season. Sam Hewson also joined Accrington, he joined for a fee of ust £75,000 as a free agent and he will push for a starting place with Donnelly & Hewson both looking to fill in the final midfield spot which hasn't been fully covered.

manchester-city-football-club-logo.gif

Arsenal 1 – 0 Man City

rvp2.jpg

• Van Persie pierced Manchester City's defence with a early strike to give Arsenal a hard-fought victory.

El Nino’s side again looked impressive, with D.Villa and Yaya Toure missing glorious chances.

But Arsenal took control, with City keeper Joe Hart saving Fabregas's 65th-minute penalty after Micah Richards fouled Chamakh.

Van Persie then sealed the win, firing home powerfully with 20 minutes played.

And Arsenal's lack of cohesion at the back led to half-chances for City, who defended stoutly and counter-attacked with intent.

article-1257467-08804740000005DC-362_468x410.jpg

Tevez had already shot wastefully wide before Arsenal lost another defender after only 25 minutes, Bacary Sagna limping off after a collision with team-mate Arshavin.

City's Spanish midfield man D.Silva fired into the arms of Arsenal new keeper Handanovic with players unmarked either side after another impressive break.

Arsenal came more into contention as the interval approached, with Chamakh sending a rising drive over the bar and then just failing to get on the end of Fabregas' cross.

But City were looking a well-organised outfit, and came closest to find the equalizer after 57 minutes, Weiss firing inches wide from Tevez's pass.

Bellamy was then denied by the diving Handanovic as City looking for the first win for the seaseon.

Arsenal missed the best opportunity of the game after 65 minutes when referee Martin Atkinson awarded a penalty after Richards fouled ChamakhBut Schmeichel was the hero as he blocked Van Persie's spot-kick with his legs.

But there was almost a dramatic finish when Hart joined the attack for a corner and forced a fine save from Handanovic with a powerful header.

El Nino said after the match

"I am disappointed we lost but we created some good opportunities.

"We shouldn't put our heads down - life goes on. The boys did a great job even though we lost.

"I'm very positive about the future. You have to accept in the Premier League you don't win every game. It is not good to lose but good to come here and feel you can keep up with Arsenal."

manchester-city-football-club-logo.gif

El Nino Sorry To Nottingham Manager After A Late Respond Over

Johnson

_Sorry__by_DarkJak.jpg

Manchester City manager,El Nino has commented to Nottingham manager after a late respond over a loan offer for Johnson.

El Nino said:

“I really sorry for the late respond.I’m focusing on the match against

Arsenal and I totally forgot about it and next we are facing Tottenham.

Hard match for me.I have accepted the offer and hope he doing

Well at Nottingham. :D

Ibrahimovic Seals Manchester City Move

0+zlatan+training+centre+1.jpg

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has signed a three-year contract with Manchester City to end his one-year spell at Spanish giant,Barcelona.

Barca have paid £5m while fellow striker Tevez moves the other way to the Spanish club on a three-year deal.

Ibrahimovic, 28, will be sidelined for one weeks after undergoing surgery on a broken bone in his right hand.

He said: "It feels like I'm living a dream now. It was not easy for me in the last weeks."

Ibrahimovic, who will wear the number 10 shirt, has made little secret of his desire to join the English club and told Man City TV on Saturday a deal with Barcelona president was key to the move.

"I made an agreement with the president of Barcelona that the only club they could sell me to was Manchester City" he said.

"The others could ask but they wouldn't get a reply. The only one I answered was Manchester CIty. That gives me a special feeling.

"City has a high dream. Everyone wants to be part of this club, they want to change and want to be the best.They has signed Villa before and hopes we can brings the title home.”

Man City president,Syeikh Mansour hailed the Swede's arrival, and added:

"He is not a conformist, he is ambitious, a winner, an authentic man with strong feelings and he wanted to come to City."

Argentina forward Tevez successfully concluded initial negotiations with Barcelona last Friday .

Player Profile

Inter_Milan_Zlatan_Ibrahimovic.gif

Name:Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Nationality: Sweden

Salary:98,000 Per Match

Position:Foward

Archived