English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

c615c024503633c2a7413d7922042030.jpg

Season draw's to a close tonight as Mr. Clifford reflects and looks back.

Tonight another season in Englands recently formed club competition 7046 comes to a close. Mr. Clifford's history has been written in each and every season of 7046 while his time in England might not have brought piles of medals,cups, silverware he is still as enthusiastic as ever. Watford's hopes of a place in England's top flight were ended a while ago. Mr. Clifford has rest assured the fans that he is still the right man to take the club forward and that next season will hopefully being more ups then downs.

The Watford board have stressed that Mr. Clifford's job is safe and that he is their man. Also adding that they will not entertain any incoming bids for the clubs top assets insisting that keeping the core of the squad together will be important for any assault on Division 2.

Mr. Clifford

It's always a time of reflection and looking back for me when ever the season comes to a end. It helps because your doing a self assessment if you like asking went wrong, what went right, could i have done this better, i did that well, ill do it like that this time or ill keep that bit the same. It makes you a better manager and the experience builds up.

The board and i have sat down agreed a wage and budget structure. I have their support and im really looking forward to next season now. It really helps that im being supported on transfers and its good to know that the squad iv built up will mostly keep together.

paul_scholes2.jpg

End of a era

Tonight also sees the end to just not a season. But one of the world's best central midfielder's. Paul Scholes long successful career will also come to a end as he call's it time on his playing days at the age of 36. Scholes had played for Manchester United for most of his career, But when the new competition 7046 was introduced to England Scholes moved to Real Madrid before coming back to England with Chelsea FC spending 2 season's there before moving to Watford FC for the sum of 9m (A club record sum)

Scholes has captained Watford since his time here and will be given the arm band for his last ever game for Watford and of course his Career. Watford FC would like to wish Paul all the best in his future life wishing him and his family all the best.

Mr. Clifford

One player we will lose after this season will be the club captain and leader Paul Scholes. Its a shame myself and the board could not convince him to give us 1 maybe 2 more seasons but we respect his choice and he has been a great servant to this football club and i know the fans and the lads here will give him a good send of.

tranmereroversec7046.png

Thompson hopes player deliver perfect Birthday present

philbrown001.jpg

Birthday boy Steve Thompson takes his side to Yeovil tomorrow

Tranmere Rovers ended their regular season in disappointing fashion last night as a youthful looking side were comfortably beaten by in form Hartlepool 4-1 at Prenton Park.

Thompson named the same starting XI that drew with already promoted Chesterfield at the weekend but the game could not have started any worse for the home side when straight from kick off Hartlepool took the lead thanks to a bundled effort from Japanese international Yasuhito ENDO 0-1. Tranmere to their credit did not wilt despite the early set back and just 7 minutes later they drew the game level thanks to a sublime finish from youngster Jamie PROCTOR his second goal in as many games 1-1.

Tranmere were enjoying the better of the chances and youth team star Daniel Nagy almost scored his first ever goal for the club but his wonderful 25 yard effort beat the keeper but not the crossbar a real let off for the visitors. That chance seemed to spring Hartlepool into action and with 19 minutes gone they regained the lead thanks to Italian veteran Simone PERROTTA who had the easiest of finishes after breaking clear of the Tranmere defence 1-2.

The game was beginning to open up as both sides looked to add more goals but Hartlepool possessed the more experience of the two teams and that showed on the half hour mark when they made it 1-3 courtesy of a header from Sercan YILDIRIM from a corner. Tranmere tried desperately to reduce the arrears before half time and saw another Daniel Nagy effort hit the post but Hartlepool hung on and went into the break 3-1 up. HALF TIME.

Both teams came out for the 2nd half determined to put on a show for the fans and with 55 minutes on the clock Hartlepool wasted a golden opportunity to go further ahead when Perrotta blazed high and wide from close range. Despite the lack of experience Tranmere continued to play football and were nearly rewarded on 61 minutes but on loan Tom Huddlestone could only find the stands when it looked easier to score.

The young guns of Tranmere began to tire towards the final 20 minutes of the game and the visitors took full advantage on 74 minutes when they made it 1-4 thanks to a wonderfully executed overhead volley from striker Mohamed BANGURA. That proved to be the last meaningful action of the game as Hartlepool saw the final 15 minutes or so out in a professional manner to end the season on a high and send Tranmere into the play off's on a losing note. FULL TIME 1-4

After the game Rovers boss Steve Thompson faced the press and immediately turned his attention towards his sides play off match against Yeovil Town on Friday.

" It's a disappointing way to end the regular but it was a young inexperienced side out there tonight and despite the defeat i think they will all take a lot away from the game and it will stand them in good stead for the future. Hartlepool are a side in form and we knew it would be tough they took their chances we didn't and their experience shone through in the end.

We now look ahead to the play off game which i hear is against Yeovil away and that is sure to be one hell of a game. Our last league win funnily enough came against Yeovil in September at their place so we know what it takes to beat them it's now about which team wants it the most and hopefully my boys will show their hunger on Friday.

I turn 27 tomorrow so instead of drinking beer i hope by the end of the game the champagne corks or popping it would be a fantastic birthday present from lads"

c615c024503633c2a7413d7922042030.jpg

Mr. Clifford bemoans "Pointless Friendly's"

After time was called on a long hard season in Division 2. Mr Clifford and the Watford board sat down and mapped out their ideas and plans for the club. While Mr.Clifford and the players have had time of to rest regroup and regather the Watford board have been busy planning pre-season and transfer targets. Its fair to say Mr. Clifford was less then pleased with the board's return.

Mr. Clifford

The last thing i wanted was a rift with the board so early on. But reports coming out about me being unhappy are true. When we sat down together we discussed how we found it hard against the better Division 2 sides so i purposely asked for pre-season games against Division 2 sides its disappointing to say the least with what they have come back with.

jack-butland-image-1-522349660.jpg

Jack Butland's season ?

Never the less the Friendly's can not be changed or cancelled and Mr. Clifford will just have to live and get on with them. Most of the first team are still away on holiday with family or friends. So Mr. Clifford thinks it will be a excellent opportunity for some of the youth team to try and push for first team places next season. A lot of hype has been placed on Watford's new No.2 Jack Butland both Jack and Mr. Clifford will be hoping for good things to come.

tranmereroversec7046.png

Rovers suffer play off heartbreak

2961028715soccerbarclay.jpg

Tranmere boss Steve Thompson watches on as his side crash out of the play off's

Tranmere Rovers hopes of promotion were blown away last night when they crashed out of the play off's with a 1-0 defeat away to Yeovil. The defeat means the merseysider's will once again have to ply their trade in division four and rumours are now beginning to emerge that manager Steve Thompson could leave the club should the lure of higher division football come his way.

Rovers fans travelled in their numbers to Huish Park hoping to see their side book a ticket to the showcase final at Wembley but their team never got going right from the first whistle and their task was made even harder when Bakery Sako was sent off with just 35 minutes gone meaning Rovers had to play just less than an hour with 10 men.

The only goal of the game came 5 minutes into the second half from Spanish midfielder David FUSTER who was given the freedom of the Tranmere penalty box before rounding the despairing Douchez and slotting home from an acute angle. The 10 men of Rovers tried in vain to force the game into extra time but Yeovil stood firm to claim the win and book a place in the Wembley final against Thompson's old side Southend United.

After the game Tranmere boss Steve Thompson faced the press and reflected on his sides achievement's this season.

"It's a tough way to go out and at the moment the lads are really down but i have told them they can be proud of what they have achieved this season despite what they are feeling right now.

I can't explain the performance it was so unlike but the sending off certainly didn't help our cause and it spoilt the game from our perspective. We huffed and puffed but Yeovil are a quality side and they saw the game out professionally after they took the lead which is the sign of a good side.

The whole club has come a long way since i joined it's a new team with some real quality players and i think if we stick together and forget tonight then we have a real chance of going one better and gaining promotion next season. I will be getting in touch with managers over the coming days to see if i can tie up some loan deals as i will not have a lot of money to play with.

I will finish off by congratulating Yeovil they are a great side and wish both them and Southend all the luck in the world on Sunday. It will be fantastic game"

268897_2073181481317_1598317171_32059081_69831_n.jpg

TEARFUL TOBIO RETURNS TO SPURS

Eli_Whitney__Jr_t2.jpgEli Whitney Writes....After a near season long loan spell at Shorpe, Tottenham youngster Fernanado Tobio marked his return to North London today with a emotional thank you to Scuns boss Hugh Latimer and an astonishing public declaration of his conversion to Faith based Football. The consistent 21 year old Argie proved to be quite a hit at Glanford park, cementing his place in the back three before going on to make 23 appearances for the tenth place Scuns. Speaking before he boarded this mornings National Express back to the capital a tearful Tobio dried his eyes long enough to whimper..

I must admit I am really sad to leave and whilst at first I had a few reservations about joining a C of E owned club I have had a fantastic experience here at Shorpe and without doubt I have improved both as a player and a person. Of course coming from Spurs it was a bit of a culture shock at first, the facilities, the pitches, the constant praying, fasting and flagellation all took a bit of getting used to, but once I settled in and saw the light I couldn’t have been happier. Its been a blessing to serve under Mr Latimer and his coaching staff, he is a true visionary and with every stroke of his birchwood cane I have became a better player as I learnt of the evils of the devils formation and how the true path to soccer enlightenment lies in the short passing game of Jesus Christ. To help break the ice and settle in, one of the first things you do when you arrive at the club is confess your sins against the Lord to the rest of the squad. Some find this easier to do than others and often need a bit of gentle encouragement with a swift flagellation session. And as I lay bloody and naked in front of my laughing team mates, it was here that Hugh cleansed my worthless soul by striking me about the face until I told the lads, how as a child my own self loathing saw my weight balloon to 26 stone as I gorged myself cakes and chocolate and how in later years I indulged in the sinful practice of secretly dressing in my big sisters underwear. Once I unburdened myself things began to fall into place both on the pitch and off it. I feel I have gained a yard in pace and feel a lot happier with my all round defensive game. In my personal life , I now can admit that it was wrong to gain pleasure from gazing at myself as I stood in front of in the mirror dressed in one of Doreen's cheeky scarlet basques, and have sworn I will never touch a Cadburys cream egg or any other sugary temptation again. My time as a Scun has seen me turn my back on Satan and forced me to reconise how my sins were condemning me to a eternity of hell fire instead of the path to righteousness. I no longer seek wealth or material goods, gone is the sports car and flashy suits as instead I draw comfort from the good book, and after tithing 50% of all future salaries to the Godly Against Soccer Heresy campaign I feel spiritually recovered and fulfilled. Despite being accompanied by the almighty, I must admit I do fear leaving the Shorpe Christian brotherhood and i have more than a few reservations about returning to Tottenham. I know they are the champions which is a great achievement but there is much sin there and of course its its bloody difficult to escape the fact that the clubs owners crucified the son of God. Still whatever happens my time under Hugh in the 4th division has changed my life and I now know Jesus is playing alongside me and with his help watching the blindside both on and off the pitch, I know I will succeed.

n_velez_sarsfield_fernando_tobio-2723102.jpg

Fernando Tobio waits for his bus back to London

Wigan End Season on a High

200px-wigan_athletic_new_badge.png

Wigan ended the season on a high with an unbeaten run of 7 games including victories over Man Utd and Liverpool with the club only missing out on a top 10 finish by 2pts, it could have and should have been a much higher finish in the league for Wigan but for the clubs inconsistency all season long as well as showing some quite severe defensive frailties at times, with a 5-0 defeat to Arsenal a 6-2 defeat to West Brom and a 6-0 defeat at the hands of Fulham.

Up front Wigan's strikers netted a total of 31 goals this season however none really stood out as someone the club could rely on only Marko Marin could get into double figures this season and only just with 10 goals in 33 games.

25239_1317964825.jpg3824_1312902318.jpg34210_1255699265.jpg8796_1226573899.jpg

Marin,Chamakh,Taison,Delgado bore the brunt of the fans frustration this season

Wigan Quick to Bring in New Faces

Wigan have been quick to bring in fresh faces to the squad with two players joining in part exchange deals a few days after the end of the season

7171_1283593755.jpg

Renaud Cohade joins from Valenciennes for £1,900,000+Paulo Assuncao as a direct replacement for the Brazilian Cohade signs a 3 year deal with Wigan worth £27,900 per week

4143_1224860573.jpg

Wigan have also added right sided player and former Preston player Oleh Gusev to the squad the 28y/o is expected to provide some much needed cover at right back for Wigan with the club having to rely on 84 rated right back Darryl Janmaat at times last season when first choice right back Toby Alderweireld was out injured.

Gusev joins in a part exchange deal with Dynamo Kyiv which sees Nick Viergever and Nahuel Valentini move in the opposite direction Gusev signs a 2 year contract with the club worth £27,900 per week

Shaky Pre Season Start For Wigan

Wigan failed to bring the their end of season league form into pre season after suffering a 1-0 defeat at the hands of division 4 side Yeovil a 9th minute penalty strike from soon to be retired Juan Sebastián Veron was enough to seal the win for the visitors.

Rochdale and Cardiff await Wigan in there next two pre season friendlies

SCUNS STRIKE IN SCOTTISH SMASH AND GRAB

tn_paul%20robeson.jpgPaul Robeson Writes....Theres a new face at Glanford park tonight as Scuns boss Hugh Latimer picked up his very own Braveheart after launching an end of the season raid across the border to nab highly rated young Scotsman Lee Wallace in a 3 million pounds cash deal with Glasgow Rangers. Versatile left hooker Wallace is both adept at full back or midfield and its hoped that he will solve a gap in the United squad that saw the Scuns limited to a three man defence for the whole of last season.

robwest-1.jpg?t=

Wallace, RatFace and Scout Rev Bernie McPherson

Under 21 international Wallace’s signature is the first product of the newly established scouting partnership set up at Glanford park between the C of E owned Scuns and their counterparts North of the border the Church of Scotland. Speaking after evensong at Shorpe Cathedral , Scuns chief Scottish Scout the right Rev Bernie McPherson could barely contain his delight at the capture of Wallace as he hinted of yet more young Scotsmen heading to Glanford Park..

Hoots Mon, we ur chuffed tae laind yoong Lee, he is a Supa prospect an as a committed Christian frae guid Prottie stock has a promisin future in baith this an th afterlife aheid ay heem. I hae watched heem fur some time an' was surprise tae be able tae prize heem awa' fram Gers, but in fairness tae them, once they knoo the lad was en th way ta a Cof E club they did nae stan in th lads way ay a move.

Scootlund has a dearth ay untapped futballin potential an Ah feel dat uir unique position at th C of S will ensure dat Shorpe will benefit frae our expertise in sendin th best ay yoong Scottish talent doon tae Glanford park fur their further education in faith based futba. Needless tae say Ah wooldnae expect tay mony Celtic ur Hibs Lads tae be makin th joorney Sooth, th dirta heathens ..

After a disappointing end to the campaign which saw the Scuns drop out of the play-off race before finish a lowly tenth, manager Hugh Latimer is clearly aiming to re-enforce his squad for the new season. But with a record downturn in collections the Shorpe coffers appear to be pretty bare forcing Latimer to once more look to the loan market as well as trimming his already thread bare squad in an attempt to raise capital for greater depth. One familiar face already on his way out of the club is fans favourite Giuseppe ‘Ratface’ Mascra who despite picking up 14 goals last season today signed terms with Italian giants Napoli in a 6.4 million pounds cash deal.

tranmereroversec7046.png

Thompson - Play off heartbreak will make us stronger

brownphiljumper.jpg

Tranmere boss Steve Thompson was a guest on goals on Sunday

Tranmere Rovers are quickly getting over the heartbreak of missing out on the play off's that's according to manager Steve Thompson anyway. Thompson was a special guest on sky's Goals on Sunday football show yesterday and the 27 year old says that the heartbreak of losing out in the play off's against Yeovil will make his side stronger and more determined to make next season a successful one.

Thompson was quizzed by regular presenter's Chris Kamara and Ben Shephard and spoke openly about his disappointment on missing out on promotion and his goals for next season.

When asked what his emotions were immediately after the play off defeat Thompson said.

"Disappointment, Sadness it is the worse feeling in the world to be so close to achieving your goals to then see them disappear before your eyes. I had the belief that we could go all the way but on the night our performance just wasn't good enough and Yeovil deserved to be in the final.

The players felt exactly the same as i did. Play off's are the worst way to miss out on promotion. If you win them it's the best feeling in the world to lift a trophy at Wembley but i hope next season the play off's will not be needed"

Kamara asked Thompson how he thinks his team will react to the disappointment of missing out on promotion.

"After the game they were inconsolable they knew they had let themselves with their performance but they had still achieved a great feat in making the play off's in the first place and i told them that. The off season is a time for reflection and come the new season i fully expect us to come back stronger than ever and even more determined to gain automatic promotion.

I feel we have one of the best squads in the division and a top two place next season has to be our main aim"

Thompson was asked by Shephard if he planned to add to his squad before the new season kicked off.

"Money is tight at the football club at the minute so i won't have a lot to play with if any but i have already spoken to some managers in the higher divisions who want to get some of their players out on loan to get some games so the loan market is certainly an option.

I don't think the squad needs much really our first eleven are as good as any in the division it's just a case of covering bases with injuries and suspensions. I have identified certain areas of the squad i would like to add to and i am confident that the loan market will cover it"

Kamara finished off by asking Thompson if the rumors of him leaving the club in the near future were true.

"Not at all. I am in the North West were i was born and i don't intend on uprooting anytime soon. Tranmere are a great club with enormous potential and i am excited about the future of this football club. I want to be a part of the good times that wait ahead my future lies at Tranmere Rovers nowhere else"

Monday 05 September 2011

120px-Chelsea_Crest_1986-2005.png

David Silva to Sign for Blues

In: David Silva Out: Ashley Cole + Jacob Mellis

858702428-15012011173818.jpg

In Shock news today league runner ups Chelsea have signed Spanish Winger from Cross London Rivals Arsenal this is this is the third deal between the clubs this season after Ronaldo and Villa moved to the red side of London Earlier in the season. David Silva's Arrival see's 30 year old England International left back Ashley Cole who will be returning to Arsenal after six years since moving to Chelsea in arguably one of the most controversial moves in recent time. However Since the Departure of Souza Robinho to Manchester City Chelsea have been in a hunt for a new winger but still had to beat off competition from Manchester City for the Spanish Wingers signing. Silva Joins up with Fellow Spanish internationals Cesc Fabregas and Sergio Ramos along side former team mates from his time at Manchester City in the shape of Carlos Tevez, Edin Dzeko and Patrick Vieria who will be sadly retiring tomorrow.

Duffy

I'm Delighted we are signing David he's one of my favourite players and improves the first team. I'm delighted we've got him hopefully he can help us push for the championship next season. All we need now is the next 24 hours to go well.

SCUNS CONTINUE END OF SEASON RECRUITMENT

e8963479486e440ba4ba31680bc85830-1.jpg

Gokoglan..Mcshane..Fernandez..and creepy uncle Ian

80518806@N00.jpg?1157195586Mike Brearley Writes...Shorpe boss Hugh Latimer continued his end of season reshuffle with the latest addition to their burgeoning young squad after Church of Scotland scouts delivered yet another one of their young countrymen to their Glanford Park masters in the form of fresh faced Queen of the South midfielder Ian Mcshane. The 18 year follows left back Lee Wallace to the club and is a product of the internationally renown Queens of the South youth academy where he has built a growing reputation as an intelligent playmaker. Mcshane arrived at Glanford Park for a medical this morning accompanied by his accomplished actor and wily part-time antiques dealing uncle ‘Ian Mcshane’ who whilst signing autographs outside the ground was quick to praise his nephew by declaring…

I’m delighted for the lad, being at Shorpe presents a huge opportunity for him to progress as a player and a Christian. Whilst he knows its going to be hard work he can’t wait to get started on his education in faith based football. I have spoken to Mr Latimer and told him he won’t be disappointed in Ian and that the lad is the genuine article, I can feel it..

Young Lovejoys arrival caps a busy week of coming’s and goings at Glanford Park when as predicted, the holier than thou Scuns boss Latimer dipped into the transfer market in a feeble attempt at strengthening his squad ahead of the new season. With many of his opposite numbers enjoying a working holiday at this seasons World Cup in America, Latimer has resisted putting up his sandaled feet and, along with his hand picked team of head hunting trappist monks instead burnt the midnight chrism scouring the world for young available talent. Earlier this week Latimer struck a deal to bring in young Turkish winger Yigit Gokoglan from Manisaspor , before going onto exchange Carlos Calvo and £1.7 million cash for Uruguayan Frontman Seb Fernandez from Spains Malaga. Despite times being hard in Lincolnshire, the tight lipped Latimer refused to deny talk of anymore imminent arrivals at Glanford Park or mounting speculation that the club is due to cash in on front man Mounir El Hamdaoui.

DAS BOOTS ARRIVES IN SHORPE

186503_100002243071829_7415180_q.jpgTony Woodcock Writes...Excited Scuns fans were in a frenzy today with the news of the imminent arrival of big footed German Peer Kluge in a sensational swoop from Bundesliga big boys Schalke. Famed for his enormous size 18 feet, strict Lutherian Kluge turned his back on his native Prussia after a late night video prayer meeting with Scuns boss Hugh Latimer and members of the United board including Sir Cliff Pilchard and Gary Bussy. A source at the club confirmed that midfield hardman Kluge, dubbed ‘Das Boots’ by Schalke fans has watched with growing admiration the rebirth of faith based football at Glanford Park and after receiving assurances that he will replace countryman Oliver Bauuman as the club captain couldn’t wait to sign.

cjkhnppb.jpg?t=1318603290

Amazed Scuns fans marvel at the new skippers feet

With the player busy showing off his amazing plates of meat to stunned Scuns at the ground this morning, Kluge’s agent Helmet Frickenweather went on the record to declare the players delight at signing for the club..

Ya, Peer est very happy to be zigning for zee Scuns, many vill not know zat Peer hails from zee small Prussian town of Rimsting. Rimstring is known for its prized traditional cheeses, unt over zee centuries zee men oft zee town have developed huge feet, vital in zee compression of zee stagnating goats milk vhich gives Rimsting cheese its unique texture unt flavour. Accordingly with such a physical advantage, Rimsting men are natural futballers unt are revered for their superiority in both tackling unt ball control.

As a dedicated member of the Lutharian church Peer admires the growth of ze faith based futbol here at Shorpe unt ze feels honoured zat he is to become ze Scuns new Hauptmann. Like many in Deucheland, Peer feels ze Fatherland est responsible for zee growth of zee East German formation zat est 3-5-2. Many around zee vorld hate us for ze blitz unt zee holocaust, but any von zat has watched zee 3-5-2 in action knows that WWII was just ein storm in ein teacup, en comparison. It was us Germans who first unleashed this abomination on futbol unt Peer feels zat he must do his utmost to repair ze damage to ze game ve have caused. Peer cannot wait to work under Herr Latimer unt feels sure with a combination of zee scriptures, iron willed discipline and unquestioning obedience zee Scuns will first go onto to dominate division 4 unt then zee vorld..in a 1000 year Reich of footballing purity

Huddersfield prepare for life in Premiership

huddersfield_h.jpg

Huddersfield have brought in four players to help strengthen the squad. Duda the Lm/Lb from Malaga ,Amorim the rm/rb from Benfica, Jarolim the Hamburger stalwart and exciting Rennes striker Victor Montana.

6100_1286632478.jpg

DUDA, Sergio

11390_1317047880.jpg

AMORIM, Rúben

3972_1273268173.jpg

MONTANO, Víctor

4667_1315609678.jpg

JAROLIM, David

With the achievements of back to back promotions under Dan Malone things will start to get exciting now that we are in the big league.

We have strengthened the squad a little and are hoping to keep our place in the league next season , the teams and players some of the teams have will make that a hard job but I am sure all the Terrriers fans will enjoy the ride.

Diego Ribas set for Preston North End

diegoribasdacunha.jpg

Diego Ribas

The Play-Maker from Brazil,Diego Ribas it's from today the new player of Preston North End.After his adventure at West Ham he came to Preston for 9,500,000+Trasch.Diego played so far at 2 clubs,first it's Burnley where he played 22 matches,scored 14 and got 7 assists.The second one it's West Ham where he got in 27 matches,5 goals and 6 assists.After Kallstrom and Palacio Diego it's the 3rd sign in this competitional break.Diego played for Brazil NT 32 matches where he got 8 goals and 4 assists.Preston looked for a Very good and talented play-maker and Diego was the man for them.He's a world-class player and he proved this at NT,Burnley and West Ham.Now it's time to help Preston to get the promotion and to help Matri to score 15+ goals.

newpano1.jpg

Preston fans at the Diego presentation

L.Van Gaal:

The boss made serious efforts to bring for me players like Kallstrom,Palacio and now Diego.It's a pleasure to have in my team a player like him,a player with his technique.Our fans are more than exiceted about the transfer and now they really belive in our chances to be at least in play-off zone.I know Diego made some sensational matches for West Ham,even if they get relegated and I hope he'll be the same for us too.He is ready for the new experience and already made the first training with his new team-mates.

LATIMERS PRAYERS ANSWERED

phyliss-diller_thumb.jpgPhyliss Diller Writes...A humble Hugh Latimer went on the record tonight to praise big hearted division 1 duo, Dom Latouche and Jooles Dachshund as the Scuns squad received a massive boost after reaching loan agreements for defender Vital Dede and midfielder Andrea Poli. The highly respected and universally liked Fulham and Boro bosses sprung to the aid of the lowly 4th division outfit after reading of the Scuns lack of financial resources in the sporting supplement of this weeks Church times. As long term supporters of the campaign for faith based football the kind hearted supremos took time out from their respective world cup campaigns with Argentina and Sweden to leap to the Scuns assistance with the loans. In brief statements tonight both the godly big hitters were eager to pin their colours to the Shorpe mast…

I think we need to do more to help out the poor and this is just a small step in doing just that! ..Latouche

Its vital that we support our brothers at Shorpe with our continued rage against the 3-5-2…Dachshund

And in an emotional sermon from the pulpit at Shorpe cathedral tonight a beaming Hugh Latimer led a massed congregation of the G.A.S.H campaigners and members of the Shorpe supporters club in prayers of thanks for his kindly cohorts by declaring..

Dear Lord let us the weak, meek and generally unworthy give praise to your magnificence and let us humbly beg that you to cast down your blessings on our brothers Dominic and Jooles. Truly Lord your spirit of generosity and benevolence burns bright in the souls of these, our brothers in arms against Satan. And we pray Lord that these acts of kindness stand as an example to those in the top tier who greedily exploit the weaker clubs by hoarding many an unused talent just in case of a cup run. Truly Lord it is with a happy heart we joyfully accept the gift of their season long loans. Grant us your loyal servants the strength and wisdom to guide Vital and Andrea along the path of enlightenment. And pray Lord grant us the courage to freely apply your holy birch-wood as we seek to expunge Lucifer from their lustful young souls. May their time here be injury free, come with a few goals and may they further add to the glory of your mighty crusade in smiting the foul smelling canker of the evil one from within the bowels of divson 4..Ahmen

imagesqtbnANd9GcTbNOZCAamzfo7Ui6zBFhAsf_kST9SQYIY09XDiUTtZ6wM_dhJGFw-1.jpg

Generous pair..Jooles Dachshund and Dominic Latouche

huddersfield_h.jpg

I thought I would add this to the Match report thread as well incase it gets lost in the jibbberish that gets talked in the discussion thread

I added a wee article to the Blog it is linked to a poll ' date=',would be cool if people took time to make a click.

[url']http://ec7046-blog.blogspot.com/2011/10/with-huddersfield-gaining-back-to-back.html[/url]

LOYAL LATIMER STICKS WITH SCUNS

roamers4t.jpgWilbert Harrison Writes...Scuns chairman Dr Rowan Williams moved quickly to allay Scuns fans fear of the imminent departure of manager Hugh Latimer after news broke that the United boss had been offered the vacant Manchester City post. With the division 2 champions left reeling today by the shock departure of long term favourite Rob Walsh, City chiefs made an official approach for Latimer at the personal instruction of club owner and trillionaire camel merchant Sheik Ali Pally. In a clear sign of his determination to land Latimer, the Sheik penned a personal letter to Latimer offering the holy man not only a 4 year deal and a transfer war chest believed to be in the region of 50 million to bolster an already star-studded squad but amazingly the choice of 6 of his favourite camels and the unlimited use of any number of his 47 wifes.

ayatollah_khomeini_1291352c.jpg

A furious Sheik Ali Pally

Happily for Scuns fans the offer was turned down flat by Latimer, which in turn provoked a furious response from the malevolent Mohammedan who upon hearing the news is rumoured to have cursed ''May Allah strike the infidel Latimer blind for his insult against the profit ''.In contrast to the Sheiks fury, a smug Dr Williams tonight gave praise to Latimer as he declared in his weekly radio address…

….any fears that Hugh will be leaving the club for Manchester City are completely unfounded. I spoke to Hugh at evening prayers and I am delighted to say he no intention of taking up the post. He was at pains to stress that whilst he was delighted to be considered by the Manchester City board, he seeks only to serve the Lord here at Shorpe and will not be detracted from his chosen path by promises of treasure, glory or endless nights of lusty sins of the flesh. Furthermore he went on to urge reconciliation between the clubs owner and their former manager Mr Rob Walsh who remains in his opinion by far the best man for the job…

afghanbrideMS1205_468x322.jpg

Disappointed wives

Elsewhere in Shorpe, the club moved once more into the loan and transfer market by first picking up young Morrocan winger Adil Chihi in a 3.1 million pounds cash deal with German outfit Koln, before completing their third and final loan for next season by securing the services of front man Alves Jo from relegated West Ham. The loan comes after new Hammers boss and G.A.S.H sympathizer Sean Fitzpatrick brought in the incredible Hulk as first choice sharp shooter leaving the 24 year old Jo as surplus to requirements. On the pitch tonight the Scuns struggled as they lost by 2 goals to 1 in the last of their end of season friendlies against a powerful West Brom. Despite the closeness of the result the Scuns were never really in the game and despite a Sebastian Fernandez strike on 65 minutes, were overcome after a brace of goals either side of half-time by Salvador Cabanas.

tranmereroversec7046z.png

Thompson relishing tough start to the new season

010362933045300.jpg

Tranmere manager Steve Thompson targets promotion ahead of the new season

Today is the day that everybody connected with football looks forward to with the release of the new seasons fixtures in 7046. Fans across the country begin to mark dates down in their diary and look for those all important derby matches. The new season marks a clean slate for every football club and every fan, manager and player will have high hopes ahead of the big kick off.

One manager who simply cannot wait to get going is Tranmere boss Steve Thompson. Rovers had a fantastic time under Thompson when he joined the club 11 games into season three and eventually ended up finishing in the play off's but it proved step too far for the Birkenhead outfit as they lost out in the semi final to eventual winners Yeovil Town 1-0.

Season four will mark Thompson's first full season at Prenton Park and the 27 year old Lancashire born supremo has set his team the highest of targets by attempting to win the league an objective shared by the clubs Chairman and board members.

Rovers have managed to keep hold of all the key players from last season which will be a major boost to the fans who must have feared the worse after their play off heartbreak and Thompson has targeted a trio of loan signings which he feels will give his team the edge on their rivals in the coming season. One thing which the fans are upset about is the lack of funding for Thompson to go out and bring in players on a permanent basis and it will be interesting to see how Tranmere cope should they suffer with injuries to their key players during the season.

Tranmere have been handed a tough start to season four with trips to fellow play off losers Southend and Wycombe all coming in the first six games aswell as home games against Shorpe managed by the egotistical Hugh Latimer and recently relegated Leyton Orient.

Earlier today Thompson spoke to the gathered press at at a buzzing Prenton Park press lounge.

" It's really exciting looking at the fixtures and i am relishing the tough start we have been handed. It's always nice to start the new season in front of your home fans and Shorpe is a massive game for us when you consider what went on last season. The two away games that follow that are very tough on paper but we want to challenge for the title and to do that you must beat the best and Southend and Wycombe are certainly going to be challenging come the end of the season.

Pre season has been good we had some tough work outs against teams that are in higher divisions and despite not winning any of those three games i took a lot away from them and it filled me with optimism for the season ahead. We have one last friendly against Crystal Palace on Wednesday and by then i hope to have a few new faces that i will hopefully give a run out to.

I am working very hard behind the scenes to get some loans sorted out and by the end of today i am optimistic that i could have one or two on board. We have managed to keep all the permanent playing staff from last season which is fantastic and adding a few new faces to that should make us a real strong contender ahead of the new season.

I just want to get the season going now. We are ready and i am confident that my boys will deliver what i know they can come the big kick off on Saturday"

LATOUCHE JOINS THE WAR AGAINST THE DEVILS FORMATION

roamers4t.jpgWilbert Harrison Writes...Dominic latouche is the highest profile manager to come out and join the the ever growing rebel managers against the Devil's formation. Dominic famously sacked his assistant manager after he left him in charge for 5 games and used 3-5-2 every match. He said this about his decision to join the renegade group which includes the tactically astute Middlesbourgh manager Jooles Dawson and the founder the Shorpe manager Hugh Latimer.

I have always had a special hatred for anyone lazy and dimwitted enough to use the same robotic style of football like the defensive 3-5-2. The fans dont like to see it and the players cannot express themselves correctly. I have always set my tactic's to put on a show for the crowd win or lose I will continue to play the game in the right way and hence why I sacked my assistant last season. I will never use 3-5-2 for fulham and I will attempt to make sure 3-5-2 is replaced with attacking free flowing football.

He started to talk about Hugh Latimer himself

I like Latimer's values against his fight against the devil's formation and I fully support him in eradicating the devil's formation from Division 4 so Ive shown my support in letting him have Poli who would be challenging in most premier league teams but I want him to help combat a problem that has grown. I also wanted to praise Latimer's loyal in sticking to his cause and turning down a big move to city. I look forward in working him to help solve this crisis plauging english football and we must say a prayer to the helpless soul's who will be crushed in our war against the devil.

Then Dominic turned his wrath on his former protege Ben newman

My old freind Ben newman has let his ego get to his head ' date=' I taught him the values of attacking football and the values of the lords work but he has turned his back on everything Ive taught him , he has turned his back on his values all in search of inflating his large ego. He has betrayed me personally and is no longer a freind and is the key figure in the rise of the devil's formation in england and you need to target the leader and this is a warning to him that we are rising as a group and will take him down[/color']!

2011-03-24-15-07-22-3-paolo-di-canio.jpeg

Latouche raising his hand to the lord and his work.

tranmereroversec7046.png

Tranmere make surprise triple loan swoop

ashyoung.jpgclemens.jpgvannis.jpg

Ashley Young - Christian Clemens - Rudd Van Nistelrooy have all agreed to join Tranmere on loan

Tranmere Rovers fans have received a major boost ahead of the new season with the news that manager Steve Thompson has been able to tie up three players to season long loan deals. Chelsea and England international winger Ashley Young was the first to pen a temporary stay at Rovers and he was quickly followed by Blackburn Rovers youngster Christian Clemens. Tottenham Hotspur striker Van Nistelrooy was the last to agree a move and the veteran striker is perhaps the most surprising of the three new signings given that he made 16 appearances for the premier league champions last season.

26 year old Ashley Young arrives from Chelsea having made 20 appearances for the Blues last season but has still been allowed to leave Stamford Bridge on a Temporary basis with Chelsea manager Aaron Duffy having a number of options available to him at the present time. All in all Young has 90 appearances to his name in 7046 scoring 13 goals and assisting a further 24.

German youngster Christian Clemens joins Rovers for the rest of the season from North West neighbors Blackburn. He has highly regarded by the management at Ewood Park but has been allowed to join division 4 side Tranmere in order to taste more first team action. Clemens has found his chances limited at Ewood making just 10 appearances scoring 2 goals and assisting 4 times.

Veteran striker Rudd Van Nistelrooy needs no introduction having enjoyed an illustrious career that has seen him enjoy spells across Europe's top divisions but now with Premier league winners Tottenham it has come as a major surprise that Ben Newman has allowed a striker who made 16 appearances last season to go out on loan to a division 4 side. The Dutch ace looks likely to lead the forward line alongside Johan Elmander for the coming season and it's hoped that he could be the 20 + goal striker the club has been looking for.

News of the signings were announced on Tranmere's official club website and manager Steve Thompson was clearly delighted with his new signings.

"It's absolutely fantastic news that we have managed to bring in three real quality acquisitions ahead of the new season. I think these loan signings show our intentions for what we want to achieve and i am extremely looking forward to working with them.

I have to thank Aaron,Riece,Ben for allowing these lads to come here in the first place. All managers know that any players that come here on loan will be looked after and that is part of the reason why we have managed to get the quality i have.

The squad looks in great shape now and is geared up for a real crack at promotion it's all about the players delivering when they step over the white line which i am sure they will do"

Latimer plans to expose

Khoch at Tranmere

49310_100001996269728_8291816_q.jpgJohn 'boy' Walton Writes..With the clock ticking to the start of the new season Hugh Latimer threw his weight behind youthful new signing Robert Koch ahead of the Scuns opening game of the season at title favourites Tranmere. In what promises to be an enthralling encounter the Scuns travel to Prenton Park next Saturday seeking revenge for last seasons double defeat at the hands of their hosts and with a history of bad blood between the managers a chance to silence club hopping, media friendly Tranmere boss Steve Thompson. . After completing the signing of 25 year old Koch from Dresden Dynamo this morning a relaxed Latimer chatted briefly with reporters as he declared…

Screen-shot-2011-05-25-at-1.21.53-AM.png

Robert Koch ( bare-chested) may face Tranmere

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Robert to the club, he is a super young talent and displays a maturity that exceeds his age, I have every confidence in the young man and I am seriously contemplating giving him a spot on the bench in our friendlies against Wycombe Wanderers and Wigan and perhaps even against Tranmere. I must admit I was delighted when I picked up the new fixtures list this morning and saw we face Tranmere on the opening day it’s a great fixture to start the season with. I’m never one to cast aspersions about fellow managers but clearly Thompson has few friends in the league and the lads are raring to go and will need very little motivation to get a result. Don’t get me wrong Tranmere are a good team and clearly amongst the favourites for the title, but lets face it anything less than a play-off finish will be a huge disappointment for their fans and justifiably raise questions about Thompsons suitability for such a high profile job. We will be going to the game as clear underdogs and with very little to lose but with the pressure clearly on Tranmere, I think we can take advantage and get at least a point. Its vital we are bold and take the game to them, if we place our faith in the scriptures I am sure we will succeed. The good book teaches us we must attack at every opportunity and we have been working on a new offensive formation for this season that will be the basis of our crusade against the evil ones. I’ll be looking to see how it figures in this weeks friendlies as I am convinced it is the key to overcoming Tranmere next weekend...

Watford-FC-256x2561.png

Mr. Clifford dubbed "Zulu" feels pity for leagues other managers.

Mr. Clifford has shook the English game's foundations over the past few days. Challenging the way Clubs or Managers approach each other. Many objected to his views and together jumped Mr. Clifford's view. Mr. Clifford is now relishing his new found hate and has vowed he and watford will take the whole of Division 2 by storm crushing thoes who have mocked him along the way.

Mr. Clifford

You all know the events of the last few days and so you all know of the cowardly actions not 1,2,3 or even 4 managers resorted to in order to quieten me. I will never be silenced from my point of view and i now embrace my status as possible most hated manger in England. I shall not Individually name the managers, one coming form Division 1, two coming from Division 2, one coming form Division 3 and One coming from Division 4 Im sure more have poked their ugly noses into the matter but quite frankly Im Mr. Clifford and im right !

Zulu-shield.jpg

Mr. Clifford on a night out ?

Although it was not a direct comment, Mr. Clifford believes the Shorpe boss referred to him as a "Zulu" Due to Mr. Clifford's footballing background and Birmingham being his home town it could easily be see as to why he has his beliefs. Mr. Clifford had strong views on that...

Shorpe Boss

If not, rather than provoke the fearsome wraith and cutting wit of the Zulu

Mr.Clifford

Its clear who that little dig as aimed at. A childish little attempt to get under my skin maybe ? I will however send out this message to anyone who cares to read... My fearsome wraith will be unleashed on Division 2 this coming season. As for my cutting wit id rather not go all out on it and publicly embarrass certain managers is beneath me unlike some.

TACHE FAN THOMPSON EXPOSED AS POSEUR

Jimmy_Page_normal.jpgJimmy Page Writes...Club hopping Tranmere boss Steve Thompson was left reeling tonight after being exposed as a 'vain poseur' by former Railwayman and born again Christian, Almond Traore. Just days before the start of what many are calling a make or break season for title favourites Tranmere, the broadside could not have come at a worse time for the under pressure Thompson as he prepares his squad for the war of attrition that is bottom tier football. Speaking for the first time since leaving Prenton Park in an exchange deal for Wolfsburgs Sanli Tuncay, the 24 year old Frenchman is clearly still livid at his treatment at the hands of Thompson and chose to break his silence after morning prayers at the German clubs impressive Volkswagonchapel. Speaking to reporters from the Church Times the young midfielder raged…

Thompson is little more than a fraud, he has a carefully cultivated public image as a football man but the truth of the matter is he just a poseur obsessed with carving a career in the media. He has many contacts within both television and the newspapers and his slick interviews are all part of a carefully constructed plan to gain him as much public exposure as possible. I am convinced that he is only using Tranmere as a stepping stone to a bigger job in the first division and beyond that a place on Match of the day alongside his idol, former Preston player Mark Lawenson. He talks about Lawenson all the time, he thinks he is a genius and tells everyone he is the coolest guy on T.V. I laughed out loud when he gathered the squad together and told us how much he admires his moustache and how that one day he plans to grow one just like it.

article-1380315-0BC4642500000578-706_634x424.jpg?t=1318972628

Thompson dreams of Match of the day

I, like many was surprised to see him appointed by Rovers, I mean Tranmere remain the 4th divisions sleeping giants and it seemed odd that Thompson arrived after achieving very little at Southend. Nevertheless I was happy to keep an open mind when he arrived at the club and was eager to form a good working relationship. Sadly from day one both myself and many others within the squad began to question both his commitment and coaching ability. All to often he would leave training sessions in the hands of the coaches whilst he spent most of his day slapping on layer upon layer of fake tan, as he prepared to give interviews in the especially converted portacabin he uses to entertain his friends from the press. And it was Thompsons vanity that finally put pay to my Tranmere career. Both me and my good friend Shane Long were heading back to the changing rooms after a particully muddy training session and as we passed Thompsons personal cabin, Shane playfully picked up a clod of mud and threw it at me. I ducked but as I did Thompson walked out, fresh from make up and kopped it square in his face. He went berserk at Shane and started ranting on to me about the terrible effects of acidic soil on his fake tan, we tried to apologise later on but he wouldn’t have it at. In fact after that we found ourselves cut dead by him, we were both dropped and soon enough were shipped out of the club, with me going to Germany and Shane marooned in bloody Watford of all places.

Despite leaving the club I have several close friends there and they tell me not much has changed, in fact since Thompson brought in Phil Neville as his enforcer its got worse. Thompson is in awe of Neville after his time on the telly and sees him as his right hand man, in truth Neville thinks that Thompson is a wally and that Tranmere is a dump. Its common knowledge at the club he is only there to top up his pension pot for a few seasons until his legs finally pack up. Squad morale is particully bad at the moment, the play-off defeat at Yeovil has left deep mental scars, theres not a lot of confidence in the dressing room and many of the lads are buckling under the weight of expectation. Thompson is quick to talk up Tranmeres promotion chances , but I think they will have a disappointing season and sadly many of his players share my misgivings. Not that this bothers Thompson of course, he has his own plans...

18754d1260128283-rise-robins-bristol_city_badge.png

New manager flies into 'The Robins' nest

In news that has shocked English Championship 7046, it has been confirmed that John Henry has taken over Bristol City in Division 1. It is believed that John Henry has signed a 1 year rolling contract worth around £1.2 million. John Henry takes over from Joe Robinson who only lasted two games at the club after resigning due to unkept promise's.

With John Henry taking over as Bristol City prepare for there second season in the top flight, it is believed that he has been set the challenge of keeping the club in the division at all costs.

What new manager John Henry had to say.

I am really proud to have been given the chance to manage Bristol City during there second season back in the top flight. We have solid foundations here for a team that can go on to dominate for years to come. I will give my all for this club, and can hopefully take this club on to bigger and better things.