English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

hudderban.png

Emirates disappointment for Terriers

Huddersfield Town who have hit a rocky patch of late travelled to the Emirates in search of three points.Things are always going to be tough for teams going there as they have a great squad.

For huddersfield things never got of to the greatest start when Frank Lampard slotted away a spot kick in the 18 th minute.

467_1318277172.jpg

Lampard with the penalty

Huddersfield were giving as good as they got and could have went in level at half time but that was not to be as Arsenal clung on to tehre first half lead to the break.

Huddersfield made an attacking substiturtion at half time to try and get themselves back in to the game bringing ion a striker for the midfielder De Guzman,This was a positive move as The substitute Montano brought the Terriers level on 55 minutes with a well taken goal.

3972_1273268173.jpg

Montano bagged the equalizer, his first of the season

Arsenal made a double substitution in the 60th minute and Calaio who came on for Pato scored what would be the winner in the 76th minute.

14717_1247686935.jpg

Calaio with the winner

We matched our opponents here in the game and we should take some heart from that but the simple facts are its another pointless game for us.We must do better if we are to stay in the top flight.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread Promotions and Relegations decider Teams getting promoted to the Premier league from the Championship 1st-Charlton Athle

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread A big thanks to Jooles, Dominic, Predator & Swansea Jack for helpin put this together. Good luck to all clubs

Posted Images

tranmereroversec7046w.png

Elmander ready to make amends

johanelmander1127796c.jpg

Johan Elmander returns from suspension to lead the line for Tranmere

Division four side Tranmere Rovers are currently enduring their worst run of form under manager Steve Thompson the run has seen Rovers go without a win in four games in all competitions losing three but ahead of their game with Northampton on Wednesday they have received a major boost with the return of top scorer Johan Elmander.

Elmander has missed the last three games through suspension the second time the Swede has been forced to sit out through ill discipline this season and today Elmander spoke about his regret at letting his manager and team mates down and how he wants to make amends and fire the club back to form and back into the promotion picture.

The 10 goal striker sat down with Vinny O'Connor of sky sports news to give the interview ...

Vinny - It's fair to say that your team have struggled in your absence surely you must feel some regret ?

Elmander - Of course i feel regret i let everybody connected with the club down when i was sent off against Swindon we was already losing at the time i was sent off but i made it almost impossible and since then we have struggled to get back to form

Vinny - That was your second sending off of the season surely the ill discipline must concern you ?

Elmander - It's tough to put my finger on it really. Both my red cards this season have been for mistimed challenges not for violent conduct or petty little things. Timing my tackles and decision making is something i have been working on with the gaffer and i feel it is something i am improving on week by week.

Vinny - You make your return to the side this Wednesday against Northampton. You must be looking forward to getting back and helping your team mates back on track.

Elmander - Yeah im chomping at the bit to be honest with you. It's a massive game for us they sit a place below us in the league and it's a chance to open up a bit of a gap and get ourselves back on track as far as promotion is concerned.

Vinny - Your form this season has been exceptional 10 goals in 9 league starts and 6 assist is a very good return. Are you in the best form of your career ?

Elmander - I would say i am in the best form of my career i have equalled my goals tally from last season and look on target to reach the goals i set myself at the beginning of the campaign. The gaffer gets the best out of me and in Rudd (Van Nistelrooy) i have the perfect foil alongside me.

Vinny - To finish off do you have a message for the supporters ?

Elmander - Just to keep on supporting us. I know the last few games have been tough but everybody is behind the gaffer we know we are capable of better and hopefully by the end of Wednesday night the supporters are travelling back home full of joy after a fantastic performance and result. I am determined to make amends and get the club back on track.

hudderban.png

Recent Transfer Activity at the Pharm

In the last two weeks Huddersfield boss Dan Malone has been busy in the transfer market trying to bring in some young players to boost his cup squads and to bring in a few players he can make some bucks off.Malone has been using the Korean moneymakers to fund his signings.

Long term-Youths:

50346_1321745725.jpg

Diego Rubio of Sporting CP

53527_1320430169.jpg

Marco Bueno of Pachucha

Cup team/Fringe Players:

29555_1313922787.jpg

Yevhen Konoplyanka of Dnipro

31541_1319224040.jpg

Martin Olsson of Blackburn

40511_1283143950.jpg

Ante Vukusic of Hadjuk Split

32333_1257443481.jpg

Danilo Silva of Dynamo Kyiv

26299_1286358707.jpg

Jefferson Montero of Villareal(on loan Betis)

33004_1277742955.jpg

Valentin Stocker of Basel

Spanish moneymakers:

Jiménez Ximo

Inigo Lopez

Ramon Arcas

Fernandez Andres

Dani Benitez

hudderban.png

Spot kick joy at the Pharm

Huddersfield boss Dan Malone was glad to get a break from the league with his sides poor form of late .The English Cup round 3 was a blessing and welcoming Southampton to the Galpharm would be a good distraction.

Malone rested a few players and brought in recent signings Jefferson Montero,Diego Rubio & Martin Olsson to the starting line -up alng with Ecule Manga and Victor Montano who have been used sparingly by Malone so far this season.

Galpharm-Stadium-001.jpg

The game started off well for the Terriers with an early goal for debutant Rubio who finished of a nice cross from Montano in the 7 th minute.Southampton set up in the 5-4-1 with a retain possesin policy that worked to get them back in the game A goal from Camara then a goal from Marveux in a 9 minute spell silenced the Pharm faithful and had manager Ryan Grosvenor in raptures on the sidelines.Huddersfield went in to the break 2-1 down but looked like they could grab an equalizer with every attack.Southampton never offered up much in the second half by way of shots on target and Jarolim capitalised on a mistake at the back to level things up after a fine ball by De Guzman.

Huddersfield looked the more dangerous but things ended all square.

The game went to penalties which Huddersfied duly won 4-1 .

Southampton and there manager deserve credit for there display and were unlucky to go out in the penalty lottery.I was quite happy with the way the new boys played today and was especially glad to win the game on penalties,Our 3rd penalty win in the 3 cup/shield games that we have played so far.I think that we are stronger now at penalties since we brought in the german penalty coach, long may it continue as I would take a penalty win all the way to the final and beyond ,Next up is Preston .

norwichbanner.png?t=1305322363

MUTD LABELS CANARIES A 'BUG'!

worzel460440.jpg

PNE boss MUTD at last year's End of Season Awards Ceremony

Relations between managers Jozua and MUTD turned sour yesterday evening after the Preston North End boss launched an unprovoked attack on the Canaries by labelling the team a 'bug' and saying they must be cheating in some way because how else could they be leading the division by 8 points.

The heated exchange was sparked after MUTD replied to a tweet sent by Middlesbrough boss Jooles, regarding his team's upcoming cup game with Norwich:

@Jooles Word on the street is that they are almost unbeatable!

@MUTD That team is a bug or something...but it isn't alright
@Jozua I sense a bit of bitterness mate, just because we kicked your team of prima donnas into touch and took out Krasic lol
@MUTD Well I dominated that game - take a look at stats....and yes you sent out the top-assister of D2. Your Norwich is still a bug btw.

@Jozua Na its called having tactical nous! You didn't dominate that game, i beat you on possession which is all that counts. You had the most shots but any old player can pelt one from 40 yards out to pad out the stats, its how you convert those chances. I think there's a bit of selective memory going on here.

The exchange ended when MUTD called Norwich a big for the third time and told Jozua to 'go away'.

@MUTD I deserved a draw at least - go away with your bug!

It remains to be seen what damage has been done to relations between both clubs, as in the past the two managers have got on well with a number of transfer deals being done between them over the past couple of seasons. However with both Norwich and PNE right in the hunt for promotion it has certainly stoked up the rivalry!

NCFC News managed to get a word with manager Jozua this morning on the matter:

I was shocked first and foremost, although i'm not too surprised as he's shown signs of mental problems over the last few months with various rants about players of other clubs. We play by the rules at this club and to bring our reputation into disrepute because he can't hack the fact we are on top is pathetic on his part. The guy is obviously a nut and i think he should concentrate on getting his own bunch of overpaid 'superstars' into order before we are out of sight.

Thompson talks cobblers

44954452philbrown512x28.jpg

Steve Thompson is hoping his side can return to winnings ways against Northampton

Tranmere Rovers head to the Sixfields Stadium tomorrow looking to make a return to winning ways at the expense of fellow promotion hopefuls Northampton. Steve Thompson's men are currently four games without a win and that has seen them slip to 7th in the table but with top scorer Johan Elmander returning from suspension for the trip many Rovers fans are now optimistic that their team can turn a corner and get their prmotion push back on track.

elmander.jpgrudd.jpg

Johan Elmander and Rudd Van Nistelrooy should lead the line for Tranmere tomorrow

As mentioned above Tranmere will welcome back top scorer Johan Elmander from suspension and the Swedish international striker looks set to go straight into the starting line up to partner Rudd Van Nistelrooy as Rovers go in search of a win. Who Elmander replaces remains to be seen but German on loan winger Christian Clemens seems to be the likely candidate.

Northampton have enjoyed a decent start to the season and currently sit one place and one point below Tranmere in 8th position but with them suffering defeats in their last two league games manager Sir Abdul Legend will be wanting his side to put in a performance in front of their own fans and get their play off charge back on track.

danilos.jpgpilarap.jpg

Luiz Danilo and Vaclav Pilar have been Northampton's danger men this season

Earlier today Tranmere boss Steve Thompson caught up with the press to give his thoughts ahead of the game.

"I am really looking forward to the trip to Northampton. It should be a fantastic game of football as both sides look to get that all important win which will get them back in the play off hunt.

I am delighted to have Johan Elmander back in the reckoning he is a massive part of the way we play and getting him back is crucial if we are to be successful this season.

Northampton will be no pushovers that is for sure. They have had a couple of set backs just recently and that will make them more determined to put things right in front of their own supporters so we know we will have to be right on top of our game in order to get a positive result"

CHESTERFIELD BOSS SLAMS LEAGUE PREDICTIONS AS 'BIASED'

Chesterfield manager Tom Greenfield has reacted angrily to the Division 3 predictions casted by Dudeskin, and calls them 'biased' and 'anti - Tom Greenfield' like.

Im not happy with how the prediction lady has been treating us lately. I think she needs to go back to her day job being the weather lady, as she was better predicting the weather if im honest.

10125_6.jpg

I think its unfair to label Brighton the 'whooping boys' but lets let here get on with it for now anyway. Its her enjoyment she's getting out of it anyway - her time and effort. We are a team in working progress, and ive alredy told you all how we are trying to manage our financial side of the club right now, and then worry about our form.
However, that doesnt mean we play to lose every game. We play to win or at least compete in every game we play. I can assure you now we wont be losing 4-0 on Wednesday evening, because we arent bad enough im afriad.

Southend approach old boss Thompson

philbrown22589626.jpg

Steve Thompson has been approached by old club Southend about a return as manager

Division four play off chasers Southend United have today made an audacious bid to lure ex manager Steve Thompson back to the club from Tranmere Rovers. James Carolan today quit the Roots Hall club after just 7 games at the helm and the Shrimper's have moved quickly to approach Thompson who enjoyed a relatively productive spell down by the sea before Tranmere came calling back in July.

Thompson is currently enduring his worst run of form since taking the helm at Rovers with his side in the midst of a five game win less run but it's understood Thompson has declined the chance to talk to Southend instead focusing his attention on turning Tranmere's form around and getting their faltering promotion charge back on track.

Thompson has recently come under pressure from some sections of the Tranmere support who believe that he cannot take them any further after some dismal displays in the league but with still over half a season to go and the backing of the Prenton Park board Thompson looks certain to stay on a deliver what he promised at the beginning of the season and get the bookies favourites promoted.

Who Southend turn to now remains to be seen but it's believed the club will not be short of candidates desperate to take the job with the Shrimper's looking well on course for another promotion battle with them currently sitting 5th place in division four.

Unsworth - Poor start cost us the game

sportfinalbatchimage109.jpg

Tranmere assistant manager David Unsworth attended the post match press conference

Tranmere Rovers dismal run in the league continued last night as they slipped to defeat away at fellow promotion hopefuls Northampton. The defeat allowed The Cobblers to climb above Rovers into 7th and leave Steve Thompson's five points away from the play off's in 8th. Tranmere have now won just once in their last seven matches in all competitions the clubs worst run under manager Steve Thompson and the Bookies favourites for the title are now in great danger of losing touch with the chasing pack unless they arrest their current slide quickly.

Steve Thompson made one change to the side that picked up a point at home to Gillingham at the weekend with leading scorer Johan Elmander returning from a three match suspension to take his place in attack with on loan winger Christian Clemens slipping back down to the substitutes bench.

Northampton like Tranmere were looking to get their promotion push back on track after two straight defeats and they made the best possible start taking the lead with just a minute on the clock through Brazilian striker Morais WELLITON who tried an effort from an acute angle which looked to be heading wide but a wicked deflection of a Rovers defender wrong footed keeper Douchez and the ball somehow found it's way into the back of the net a nightmare start for the visitors 1-0.

That goal gave the host a massive lift and with 9 minutes gone their mood was made even better when they extended their lead through another Brazilian Luiz DANILO who finished at the second attempt from close range after Douchez has denied him at the first attempt 2-0.

welliton.jpgdanilog.jpg

Brazilian Due Morais Welliton and Luiz Danilo set Northampton on their way to victory

Tranmere did not know what had hit them with that blistering start from the host but they somehow gathered their bearings and began to assert themselves on the game but Northampton keeper Javi Varas was in no mood to surrender his goal and denied the visitors twice in close proximity to ensure it remained 2-0. With 19 minutes on the clock the visitors had their best chance to get back in the game when the ball fell to top scorer Johan Elmander inside the box but with the goal at his mercy the big Swede somehow managed to fire his effort wide a real let of for the host.

Bang on the half hour mark Northampton once again threatened the Rovers goal but Norwegian defender Havard Nordtveit's 20 yard snap shot was superbly palmed away by keeper Douchez.

Tranmere pushed the Cobblers back into their own half as they went in search of a way back in the game and with 32 minutes gone their persistence paid off when they made pulled a goal back courtesy of Johan ELMANDER who latched on to a fine through ball from strike partner Van Nistelrooy before drilling the ball low and hard past Varas to give his side hope.

The home side would have been disappointed to concede that goal but just before half time they almost restored their two goal advantage when Danilo tried a shot from distance which beat Douchez but not the crossbar then Douchez showed great reflexes to deny Pilar on the rebound. HALF TIME.

elmander.jpgdouchezb.jpg

Johan Elmander scored for Rovers whilst Douchez performed heroics at the other end

Northampton started the second half the brighter of the two teams and Tranmere were once again rescued by goalkeeper Douchez on 55 minutes when he palmed away a fierce strike from the impressive Welliton then a minute later Tranmere though they had won a penalty at the other end when Marc Wilson stumbled in the box but after a glimpse at his assistant the referee waved away the frantic Rovers appeals.

That decision seemed to breed confidence in the home side and with 61 minutes gone they grabbed a vital goal to make it 3-1 with Morais WELLITON claiming his second of the game with a driven shot that went under Douchez after losing the attention of the defenders.

Tranmere were struggling to cope with the potent attacking options that Northampton possessed and only some great last ditch defending and more heroics from Douchez ensured they didn't slip further behind as the Cobblers sensed a rout but just when it looked like Northampton were heading for a comfortable end to the game Tranmere pulled another goal back with 10 minutes to go courtesy of striker Ruud VAN NISTELROOY who finished cleverly after some neat passing in the build up.

wellitonw.jpgrudd.jpg

Morais Welliton scored Northampton's third whilst Rudd Van Nistelrooy scored for Rovers

That goal failed to fire the visitors up and instead it was Northampton who finished the game the stronger of the two sides but no further goals were scored meaning the game finished 3-2 and Tranmere boarded the coach back to Merseyside with nothing to show for their efforts. FULL TIME.

After the game Tranmere assistant manager David Unsworth took the post match press conference in place of Steve Thompson after the 27 year old complained of a sore throat.

"A poor start has effectively cost us the game today. You simply cannot afford to go 2-0 down so early in a game and with the form we are in at present it was just too big a mountain to climb.

It's difficult to find a reason why our form has taken a dive of late but the boys need to keep believing. The gaffer and all the staff have been working over time to get things right but there is only so much you can do before it becomes the players responsibility and some of the boys seem to be shirking that at the moment and that's a massive disappointment.

We have to move on from this and look ahead to the next game at the weekend against Accrington which is sure to be another tough game. One bit of good news from tonight is that nobody has picked up any injuries or suspensions so we can work on things in training with the view to putting thing's right and hopefully giving our fans some hope.

The season is still young and we have more than enough time to get our promotion push back on track but the players need to believe in themselves and start showing how good they are for the full 90 minutes instead of 10 and 20 minute spells"

hudderban.png

ARE YOU FOREST IN DISGUISE

Dan Malone has stated that he is under the most pressure he has ever been under in his reign at the Galpharm, just one win in the last 7 games has got many fans fearful of the club being relegated and they are starting to question whether Dan Malone is up to the job of managing the team in the Premier.

On the back of this bad run a Home tie to Chelsea is the last thing that Malone would have wanted.

Chelsea set out with a 94 rated average side and were odds on favourites to beat the 89 rated terriers side and the match kicked off with Chelsea dominating possession and attacking at every opportunity.Huddersfield were limited to shots outside the box .

The terriers were able to hold out to half time with the scores still level and Dan Malone gave the lads a rousing speech telling them they can get a point here .

The second half was much like the first with Huddersfield's backs against the wall and Chelsea with the ball for long spells,Malone tried his hardest to get something out of the game with tactical and personell changes on 60 and on 75 minutes, It looked like the terriers had done enough until Wesley Sneijder popped up and score the winer with just four minutes to go .

3089_1321549919.jpg

Sneidjer breaks Hearts @ the Galpharm with late winner.

Rings off boos greeted the Huddersfield players as they left the pitch and Cries of "Are you Forest in Disguise" rang around the ground this was referring to Forest's poor form that saw them get relegated last season.

I was happy with the lads performances today ,they were playing a much better side and we nearly pulled off a result.I have to say this to the fans that there behavior at the end of the game was not cool and uncalled for.The fans need to remember we are still building our side after back to back promotions, success at this level is not instant and I would like them to remember this.I am angry at there reaction and I would like them to guide there anger at me not the players for it is me who picks the side and who brought in the players.We are 6 points above relegation with nearly a third of the season gone ,we are still in both domestic cups, yes we might have had a bad run but if you had offered us this at the start of the season many fans would have bit your hand off for it,If the fans do not believe in me or my ability to guide this team to avoid relegation this season then I will consider my tenure if it is in the best interests of the club.

hudderban.png

A Day Trip to Manchester

Huddersfield went into this game on the back of just 1 win in there last 8 Premier games.

Manchester United lined up with that 3-5-2 formation ~94 average side versus us in a new-look 4-1-3-2 formation ~89 average rated.

theatreofdreams.png

Theatre of dreams

Theatre of dreams they say?More like Theatre of Nightmares with the start Huddersfield made, Cambiasso latches on to a Berbatov through ball and scores in the 3rd minute and just a minute later Berbatov makes it 2-0.What a start !

Huddersfield looked a bit shellshocked but after 10-15 minutes they started to pass the ball around nicely and get a couple of shots on goal and in 29 minutes former Arsenal man Bendtner scored a cracking header from a Zabaleta cross to pull one back and warn United that they were not just there to make up the numbers.The scores stayed level until the half time interval.

After the Break Huddersfield came out sleeping as the bang in for Berbatov scored his second of the game, manager Dan Malone is livid on the sidelines!.

4549_1321462996.jpg

Man of the Match Berbatov

Huddersfield are back to 2 goals down but after that wake up goal they start to throw things at Man United spraying passes about and controling the games for spells, it wasn't until the 64th minute after a tactical switch to attacking through the middle that things started to look up when Huddersfield talisman Zarate pulled a goal back and then substitute Konoplyanka scored the equalizer in 72 minutes to silence the Old Trafford faithful.

Zarate lashed out in the 80th minute with a kick to Muller and was rightly given his marching orders.

Huddersfield down to 10 men were still pushing for a goal and with just 3 minutes left substitute Konoplyanka made a near post cross that was met square on by Bendtner who duly nodded the ball past Cesar to the delight of manager Malone and the small band of Terriers fans behind the goal.

14259_1312902341.jpg

Two goal Bendtner

Manchester Unite 3 Huddersfield 4, What a game!What a win for Huddersfield!

I am delighted for the lads and for the fans, to come here on the back of the form we are in and playing against the top of the league its a great day out for the fans.I have ran out of superlatives to describe how well the lads played, hopefully we can get back to getting results and make sure we keep our place in this league so as we get to be involved in games of this calibre more often.

Unsworth - Injuries have cost us dear

unsy.jpg

Tranmere's assistant manager David Unsworth is worried about the clubs current injury list

Tranmere Rovers hopes of putting the pressure back on the play off pack were dealt a huge blow tonight as they went suffered a 3-1 defeat to fellow promotion hopefuls Notts County at Meadow Lane. Despite having an equal share of possession and more shots on target Rovers were unable to capitalize and County took full advantage showing their killer instinct and with that climb into the automatic promotion places.

Rovers night got from bad to worse with the news that three players picked up injuries in the fixture with top scorer Johan Elmander the biggest worry with predictions of a three week lay off on the cards due to a hamstring strain. fellow attackers Sanli Tuncay and Rudd Van Nistelrooy are also major concerns after leaving the field at full time in major discomfort.

With defenders Anderson Polga and Marc Wilson already on the treatment table that takes Tranmere's injury tally to a staggering five first team players and this kind of luck could have major ramification's for the Merseysider's hopes of reaching their target of promotion from division four.

The game itself was a tight affair but Tranmere's inability to start the game on the front foot cost them as they fell behind with just a minute on the clock thanks to a fine headed goal by Ghana midfielder Sulley MUNTARI 1-0 and not the start Rovers fans would have wanted.

Despite that early set back Rovers battled valiantly forcing County to defend deep in their own half but a mixture of poor finishing and great goalkeeping by Wayne Hennessey kept Rovers at bay whilst the visitors also saw claims for a penalty waved away by referee Saul Laverni when defender Billy Jones took a tumble inside the County penalty area.

Tranmere fans would have been hoping to see their side take one of their chances in the second half but with 53 minutes gone County struck a major blow when they made it 2-0 Václav KADLEC was the man of the moment curling home a wonderful effort following a short corner.

The frustration was clear to see on the faces of the Tranmere players and they continued to bemoan their luck in front of goal when on 67 minutes Moroccan midfielder Adel Taarabt saw his effort come back of the outside of the post with Hennessey caught in no man's land.

Two minutes later and Rovers persistence finally paid off when they pulled a goal back thanks to a mix up in the County defence and that allowed on loan Dutch striker Ruud VAN NISTELROOY to run clear and finish with ease past a stranded Hennessey 2-1.

Many would have expected Tranmere to turn to screw in search of an equalizer but the home side remained calm and were rewarded for their resolve when they killed the game to make it 3-1. A truly amazing goal from Rasmus ELM sealed it firing home from 30 yards to send the home supporters home happy whilst Tranmere were left to think about what could have been. FULL TIME.

After the game Tranmere's assistant manager once again stepped in in the absence of Steve Thompson who will still suffering the after effects of a virus.

"Once i am stood here talking about a defeat that should not have happened. We have more than matched County tonight but when the lucks against you results like this happen.

After tonight the Physio's room will be like an A+E unit three boys have taken pretty bad knocks and all look like they will miss Saturday's game couple that with the two boys we already have out and we have major problems.

We didn't deserve to lose tonight's game but County have shown why they are fighting for promotion they were ruthless and wasn't and we need to find our killer instinct again in order to reach our goals that we have set ourselves.

Injuries have cost us dear over the last month or so. It has been almost impossible to field our strongest side but when that happens i am confident that the results will come.

I urge the fans to stick by us through this tough time everybody is behind the gaffer and we know we can still have a successful season we are just hoping the luck will turn in our favour soon or later"

gore1.jpg

Beckett Is Back In England But Not For Stockport

Today Stockport fans have been shocked too here there coach who has not been seen for a number of days has come back to England today but not for them. The team who are right now getting coached by Zidane and Barthez was told he would not be back in there managers seat till next season has shocked the world by taking a roling deal with Norwich. The championship team who are managed by Josh Horne have put on the club website this statement:

For norwichfc.com:

We are happy to welcome young English manager in Mattuie Beckett to our back room staff. He has signed a deal till the end of the season to become the number two at the squad, we got hold of him from when we herd that he had walked out of Stockport. And when we sent a contract to him last night he came back today and signed it. This is a cracking young manager and he has done great things over his time as a coach, Stockport should know what thay have lost and that is one of the best up coming coaches. We all here thank him for coming too the squad and hope he can fit in well with Josh as the number two.

This news also was on the Stockport website were Zidan and Barthez have put thay was shocked, thay can not beleave he has done this and hope he will get hold of them on news of his role at Stockport. One fans has said we need him here we are shocked with the way a section of the fans acted towords him, and this is a hard chose for him we can tell we wish him the best of luck and hope he dose come back here.

Norwich who have been managed by Josh for 72 games sit first in the championship and this deal is expected to bring more light too the squad, one of the players was seen saying he is real happy to have Beckett here and him and Josh could be what gets us to the epl next season. One fan has asked is Josh leaving and is this why Beckett has come in too the team, all Beckett would say is he thanks Josh for this chance and hopes to help them for the rest of the season.

Norwich Announce New No.2

Fulham-manager-Mark-Hughes-insists-the-club-are-safe-from-relegation-after-Bolton-win-EPL-news-65119.jpg

Beckett is a controversial figure in English football but has a wealth of managerial experience

Norwich City today announced the appointment of former Stockport County manager Mattuie Beckett as the club's Assistant Manager. Beckett, a man who has attracted a lot of attention in English football lately amongst allegations of match fixing, has penned a rolling contract that will run until the end of the season.

The move has left both fans of Norwich and Stockport uneasy about the future of both their managers, with rumours of a managerial switch in the air. However the club have acted quickly to reassure the Canary faithful that current manager Josh Horne's job is 100% secure after their fantastic season so far, with the man himself backing his owners words in today's press conference:

"Firstly i'd just like to reassure the fans that i'm here to stay, the appointment of Mattuie is a fantastic move for the club and his experience and passion will be a real asset to this team in a season where we are aiming to win promotion to the Premier League. He worked wonders in his short spell at Stockport, transforming them from whipping boys to leaders of the division and odds on to win the league. I look forward to working with Mattuie and i'm sure with two wise owls at the helm this club can achieve great things in the near future."

Injuries dictate Rovers selection

jamiemackie006.jpg

Jamie Mackie could be handed his first league start since joining Tranmere

Injury ravaged Tranmere Rovers welcome Rotherham United to Prenton Park tonight looking to get back to winning ways after suffering defeat at the hands of Notts County last time out. If Rovers are to prevail victorious they are going to have to do it the hard way with no fewer than four first team players set to miss the game through injury.

elmander.jpgtuncay.jpgvannistelrooy.jpgpolga.jpg

Elmander, Tuncay, Van Nistelrooy, Polga all missing for Tranmere tonight

Wednesday's game against County was costly in more ways than one with strike trio Johan Elmander, Tuncay and Rudd Van Nistelrooy all leaving the stadium with injuries and neither player is believed to be fit to face the Millers tonight leaving Thompson with major selection issues in the striker's department. Also set to miss the game is defender Anderson Polga who despite returning to training ealier this week is still thought to be some way of full fitness and will not be rushed back with a busy Christmas ahead for the club.

Rovers fans have received some better news during the week with loan man Ashley Young declaring himself fit for selection after missing the defeat at County and he is almost certain to start considering the current injury situation. Also set for a return is defender Marc Wilson who missed out against County due to a slight niggle but the Republic of Ireland international has trained all week and looks set for a recall to the Rovers starting XI.

youngzi.jpgwilsons.jpg

Ashley Young and Marc Wilson return to boost Tranmere's confidence

Visitors Rotherham head West to Tranmere three points behind their host and will be looking to go level on points as they to look to keep up the pressure on the current play off pack. Manager Stuart Lauder will be looking for his side to keep up their recent good form which has seen them lose just once in their last six games. The Millers away form has been steady if unspectacular with 4 wins 3 defeats and 1 draw. The danger men who Tranmere will have to look our for are Brazilian striker Henrique Walter who has 7 goals to his name so far this season and Mexican midfielder Marco Fabian who has assisted in 4 goals whilst also chipping in with 2 league goals.

walterib.jpgfabiancy.jpg

Henrique Walter and Marco Fabian will certainly cause Tranmere plenty of problems

Yesterday Rovers boss Steve Thompson met up with the press to discuss his sides chances against Rotherham.

"It's been a tough week for everybody connected with the club when you consider the harsh defeat to Notts County and losing all our first team strikers so it will be nice to get back on the field and try to put some smiles on faces.

I have never experienced so many injuries at one time since i come to the club and it's a worry i must admit but what it does present is a chance for somebody to come in and try and make the shirt their own.

Our form over the past few weeks has been poor but confidence hasn't dwindled everybody still believes we can achieve out goals and winning against Rotherham tomorrow will certainly go a long way to getting our season back on track.

I know Rotherham will fancy their chances considering the form of the two teams but we are the home side and it's up to us to take the game to them and ask the questions. I know it will be tough but i have confidence in my boys no matter who the opposition is"

Thompson content with half way progress

cacauap584.jpg

Jeronimo Cacau joined Rovers this week to boost Thompson's attacking options

Tranmere Rovers manager Steve Thompson spoke to the media today ahead of his sides home clash with Bristol Rovers and reflected on what he calls a satisfactory first half to the season. When the game with the Pirates finished tomorrow that will mark the first half of season 4 over and with his side just sat outside the play off's in 7th position Thompson believes that there is still lots to play for in the second half of the campaign with his sights still firmly set on automatic promotion.

Earlier this week Thompson showed his intent for the second half of the season by securing the signature of German international striker Jeronimo Cacau from Bundersliga outfit VFB Stuttgart. The 30 year old former Huddersfield front man penned a 3 year deal at Prenton Park and made his debut in Wednesday's 3-2 away at high flying Hartlepool making an instant impact by laying on both of Tranmere's goals.

In addition to Cacau Thompson also brought in a glimpse of the future with the arrival of highly rated 16 year old striker Brandon Zibaka from Tottenham for a nominal fee. Zibaka was half way through a two year scholarship at White Hart Lane but Spurs boss Ben Newman has allowed London born striker to continue his development under Steve Thompson after it became clear Zibaka would struggle to ever break into the division one Champions first team.

On his two new signings Thompson said.

" I am delighted to welcome them both into the club. Jeronimo is somebody i have been aware of for some time and with Johan Elmander out for a while i thought the time was right to bring him here. He is familiar with the English game having had spells at both Huddersfield and Hull City. He is a real goal threat as he proved in midweek he is always in and around what is happening in the opposition's box so to get him here is something of a coup for this club.

Brandon is a young boy who looks to have a very bright future in the game. Ben Newman (Spurs boss) got in touch with me an asked if i would be interested in taking Brandon on to complete his scholarship and before we know it he is here. Brandon is still a long way off being the finished product but he has all the talent in the world and if he apply's himself the right way he can certainly go far"

When looking back on his sides season so far Thompson seemed content with how his team have done. Rovers currently sit one place outside the top six with 27 points from 18 games. In recent weeks Thompson has seen his side decimated by injuries and suspension and that has seen some indifferent form leading to some fans questioning whether Thompson was the right man to take them forward but after receiving backing from table topping manager Mattuie Beckett Rovers fans have once again got behind their manager and given him their full support.

Looking back on the first half of the season Thompson said.

" It's been a satisfactory first half to the season and i think we can look ahead with plenty to look forward to. Our home form has been very good we have scored plenty of goals and have one of the best defensive home records in the division. Our away form has been very hit and miss. Like at home we have managed to score but the problem has been at the other end. We have conceded far too many goals on the road and that is something we have to work on if we want to make our season a success.

When you consider the injury problems we have had throughout the first half of the season 7th place is an achievement. I have very rarely been able to field a full strength right from the first game and our aim is to try and get everybody fit and firing in order to give ourselves the best chance of fighting for promotion.

When you look at our squad we have to be considered one of the top teams in the division. Our first eleven is one of the best in the top two divisions and it's now time for our lads to go out on the field and show it on a consistent basis."

Tomorrow night Steve Thompson and his Tranmere team welcome struggling West Country outfit Bristol Rovers to Prenton Park and with the Rovers heading into the game off the back of a defeat away at Hartlepool in midweek they will certainly be targeting a return to winning ways against the Pirates who currently occupy 19th position in the table.

Bristol head to Prenton Park with one of the worst away records in the division having won just once on the road all season that coming way back in early November were they defeated Rotherham United 3-2. Since then it has been a disappointing time for Gas fans having seen their side collect just three points on their travels and even more worrying is the lack of goals with only three further goals scored away from home in 7 attempts and with Tranmere protecting one of the best defensive home records in division many are predicting a tough evening for the travelling fans.

Tranmere will look to give new signing Jeronimo Cacau his home debut against Bristol following his fine performance in the defeat to Hartlepool. Rovers also look set to welcome on loan striker Rudd Van Nistelrooy back into the side following his recovery from an ankle problem which forced him to miss the last two games.

Tranmere's top scorer Johan Elmander remains sidelined with a hamstring strain with Thompson predicting his return to action coming sometime in the new year possibly against struggling Wycombe on January 4th. Tranmere's only other concern leading up to the game is that of on loan Chelsea star Ashley Young. The 26 year old winger was on the score sheet in midweek but looked to be suffering some kind of problem and Thompson only rates the wingman's chances of being fit for the game as "50/50 at best"

The Pirates make the long trip north with all sorts of problems. Cedric Mongongu, Sung-Yueng Ki and Glenn Whelan will all definitely miss the trip to Merseyside through injury whilst their are also fitness concerns over a number of players including Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Benjamin Stambouli and Franck Tabanou. Manager Lucas Nascimento has come under increasing pressure in the past few weeks to resign and with his side collecting just one point from their last six games things don't look like changing any time soon.

When discussing the game Thompson said ....

" It's a massive game for us make no mistake about that. Despite losing in midweek i took a lot away from that game and we deserved something for our endeavour so the lads are looking to put things right and give the fans a good performance.

I know that everybody is expecting us to batter Bristol but things don't always work out like that and we have to respect the opposition. I know they are having their problems but we must concentrate on ourselves and ensure that we give the performance we know we are capable of.

Players are beginning to come back from injury which is a massive plus point for us heading into the second half of the season it's now all about keeping those players fit and at the top of their game and giving our best in order to achieve where we want to be come the 38th game of the season"

Stones Returns to take Over Hull

Former QPR manager Stones stuns the footballing world by returning to take over division 3 side Hull after years out in the wilderness.

He was welcomed by thousand of Hull fans, many who queued outside the stadium for days just to catch a glimsp over the manager the believe can bring back the glory days to KC Stadium.

hullfans.jpg

Some of the lucky fans welcoming Stones

Stones was loved at QPR and their fans were devastated when he resigned after just one season stating that he needed more time out of the game as his reason. He reshaped QPR from top to bottom selling the entire first team and reserve squads within two weeks and used the money too bring in stars like Di Natile, Crouch, Lukaku, Zanetti and many more.

Hull City have been underpreforming in the league this season and currently lying just outside the relegation zone.Stones first game in charge will be tommorow night against Peterborough.

Southend defeat angers Thompson

adeltaarabt007.jpg

Last season's top scorer Adel Taarabt has still to find the net this season in 11 appearances

Tranmere Rovers inconsistent form continued on new years eve as they slipped to a disappointing home defeat at the hands of promotion favourites Southend United. Steve Thompson slammed his teams performance in the post match interviews labelling the performance as "Pathetic" and promised his clubs supporters an much improved performance in their next game at home to Wycombe.

Rovers entered the game in the midst of a two match winning streak having kept two consecutive clean sheets in the process but they never managed to reach those heights against Thompson's old club and got what they deserved which was nothing.

The game started cautiously for both sides but it was Rovers who were the first to test the keeper forcing keeper Marco Almelia to palm away smartly following a snapshot from loan winger Ashley Young on 13 minutes. That chance sprung the visitors into life and just 6 minutes later it was their turn to sting the keepers palms forcing Rovers keeper Sergey Ryzhikov to make a fine one handed stop from a 6 yard Eder Luis effort.

Tranmere looked to regain control of the game and just before the hour mark Amelia once again proved his worth pulling off a fine save from Cacau then a minute later last season's top scorer Adel Taarabt somehow fired his header wide when left unmarked inside the Southend penalty area.

Those missed chances were to prove costly on 34 minutes when Southend took the lead. The goal came from Paraguay midfielder Édgar BARRETO who thundered the ball home from close range for his first ever league goal in Southend colours 0-1. The home faithful were stunned by that setback and with five minutes left of the half they were cursing the luck once more when the luckless Taarabt once again failed to find the net putting his effort wide f goal from just a few yards out. HALF TIME

Many would have predicted Tranmere to come out of the blocks all guns blazing in the second half but that simply wasn't the case and it was Southend who perhaps should have put the game to bed on 48 minutes but Brazilian striker Eder Luis somehow managed to blaze his effort over the crossbar with the goal at his mercy.

The game slipped into a quiet period following that early chance and neither side offered much as an attacking threat and that suited Southend who looked comfortable in possession forcing Tranmere to chase the ball and as the Rovers players began to feel the tiredness settle in the Shrimpers took full advantage and made the game safe with just 13 minutes remaining the goal came from French winger Nicolas MAURICE-BELAY who showed great composure to lob the onrushing Rovers keeper for his third goal of the season 0-2.

That goal proved to be the last the meaningful action of the game as Southend held Tranmere at bay for the final minutes and with that keep up the pressure on the top two whilst Rovers remained outside the play off's 7th with a number of teams now breathing down their necks FULL TIME.

After the game a visibly angry Steve Thompson blasted his team to the waiting press.

"It was a pathetic performance from my side today i can't emphasize how disappointed i am. I have asked for consistency in performance from my team but it simply isn't happening far too many players lacked commitment and desire and that's simply unacceptable.

Too be beaten so convincingly in front of your own fans hurts a great deal and i can guarantee now that this kind of performance will not happen again. We came into the game in confident mood given our two previous results and with the chance to climb back into the top six at stake i was confident the boys would go out and do the business but they let everybody down and it's up to me and the coaching staff to put things right in time for Wycombe who will fancy their chances under their new manager.

We have good news that in Johan Elmander will be back we have missed him greatly over the past few weeks and hopefully he will return to the side and carry on where he left off"

MALONE WALKS ON

lgsp0043+liverpool-football-club-crest-liverpool-football-club-poster.jpg

After 120 games as boss of Huddersfield which saw them climb to the promised land from the depths of division three,manager Dan Malone has announced today that he has quit his post at the Galpharm and took up the vacant post at Liverpool.

Liverpool have been going through tough times and with just 1 win in the last 6 games the board thought it was time for a change and they decided that Dan Malone was the man to take the club forward.

lgSP0729.jpg

I am sad to leave Huddersfield as I have poured my life and soul into the club but when the opportunity to join one of the biggest clubs in the league arose there was only one decision for me,I wish Huddersfield all the best and good luck in the future,hopefully they can stay up but now I must focus on the job at hand and slap a few of these so called superstars who have been playing pish.I would also like to thank Dom for putting my name forward to the Liverpool board as a candidate after he decided to reject the job.

Elmander returns to boost Rovers

article13925840c3533f90.jpg

Tranmere welcome Johan Elmander back into the team having missed the last five games

Tranmere Rovers welcome struggling Wycombe to Prenton Park tonight looking to get their play off push back after defeat to Southend at the weekend. Despite the setback Steve Thompson's men remain in 7th place in the division and should they prevail victorious in tonight's clash they could find themselves back in the play off places should 6th place Swindon slip up at home to Burton Albion.

Rovers have lost just three times at home in the league and with Wycombe heading to Merseyside with just one win on the road all season many Tranmere fans are confident that their team will return to winning ways at the first attempt. Tranmere have been handed a major boost ahead of the game with the news that top scorer Johan Elmander has been declared fit for selection after missing the last five fixtures. Defender Anderson Polga remains sidelined for Rovers with the Brazilian targeting a return to first team action against Burton at the weekend.

Wycombe make the long trip to the North West in high spirits following their surprise victory away at Swindon at the weekend and with Shehan De Kariyak now back in the dugout the Chairboy's fans are hoping for an upturn in their clubs fortunes after missing out on promotion in the play off's last term under the same manager. With no injuries or suspensions to worry about Wycombe are expected to remain unchanged for the game.

Tranmere manager Steve Thompson yesterday spoke to the press to discuss his sides chances against Wycombe.

"It's sure to be a tough game against Wycombe despite their current league position. They had a superb result against Swindon at the weekend which really did us a favour but to take full advantage we need to win no other result is really good enough.

The southend result and performance was a major disappointment to everybody involved with the club but the lads have looked sharp in training and they look really up for this. v

We have Johan Elmander to call up on once again which is a massive boost to us. Johan has proved this season what a top striker he is and if we can keep him free from injury i am confident that our goal of reaching the play off's can be obtained"

The deadly trio set for Deepdale:

Eren Derdiyok,Leandro Damiao and Ricky Van Wolfswinkel.

Yeah is true.Three of the best talents in the world set for the little club from Preston.Everybody came with speculations about this and will say Leandro Damiao is the best transfer made by Preston in potential terms and class but Louis Van Gaal,Preston boss disagreed this and said:

''Ricky,Leandro and Eren are 3 of the best talents in the world,they're very very talented and can easily be big names in future...even if they're already someone in football.We expect to bring us many wins and to score more because the man with assists is us...Stefan Jovetic.I want to say thanks to my boss for these crazy transfers and for bringing this trio which is the best young trio in the world.''.Van Gaal spoke about his trio as the best young trio in the world....and we agree with him.Is amazing for Preston North End F.C a Division 2 team in the battle for promotion to get these amazing talents.

''Now to talk about tonight match....The trio will be ready for WBA.They'll crush their little defence without a problem.''Said van Gaal.We'll the press from Preston agreed him and we're going to agree too.This trio is maybe the best from Divison 2 but we'll see what they'll do tonight.

Preston fans ...say welcome to Leandro,Ricky and Eren!

ErenDerdiyok-MeiodeCampo-Suia.jpg

Welcome Eren!

MALONE WALKS ON

lgsp0043+liverpool-football-club-crest-liverpool-football-club-poster.jpg

After more than 100 games as boss of Huddersfield which saw them climb to the promised land from the depths of division three' date='manager Dan Malone has announced today that he has quit his post at the Galpharm and took up the vacant post at Liverpool.

Liverpool have been going through tough times and with just 1 win in the last 6 games the board thought it was time for a change and they decided that Dan Malone was the man to take the club forward.[/b']

lgSP0729.jpg

Good Luck Fella, great opportunity for ya;)

Preston news

Match Report

West Brom Albion-Preston North End 0-1

Stefan Jovetic 58'

Statistics

Possession

44%-56%

Total shots

22-14

Shots on target

9-4

Yellow Cards

0-1

Red Cards

0-0

After a hard match away from home for Preston with a good team we got a win.On WBA pitch only Norwich won and now we're 2nd team who got a win on Hawthrons.We cleary dominated the possession but they had more shots....but nothing cleary.In chances to score we dominated the match and had very good periods.The best man of the pitch was Stefan Jovetic who scored the only goal after a superb individual action by Derdiyok.A good game for Muslera,our new GK and our new captain.He blocked everything and overal was the best GK from this round.Derdiyok the man with the assist did a very good match and had many action but Given,a GK with a lot of experience did what he know and blocked him 2 times.Leandro Damiao came in in 60min and did a very good half of hour.Sharcross and Rodwell did a very good defensive game after they came in substitute Pereira,Derdiyok and Ricky.Pereira and Ricky were very good on the right side together.Pereira crosses were good but the experiecne from WBA defence saved them,K.Toure was the best player for WBA.

The atmosphere was good,almost a full stadium but WBA couldn't make their fans happy because Preston are one of the best teams in Division 2 at the moment and are in the battle for promotion.After they totally rebuilt the squad with youngsters looks like they're on fire and show their potential.After match was a crazy atmosphere in Preston plane and their trip was fine.Over 100 fans waited in airoport to celebrate a win vs a Premier League quality team.

Man of the match award

209.jpg

Stefan Jovetic celebrating

Overall Jovetic did a good match and deserved this award after the match.He scored the only goal after a superb invidual action by Derdiyok but Jovetic was the guy who creating a lot of chances for Preston.Given blocked him by 3 times.PNE TV were taking him a live interview and you can listen it later again.

Van Gaal interview:

Was a good match made by us and from what I see we're again in the race for auto-promotion.We had one of the best young team in the world and we can see because their physic and phisic condition is very very good.Overall I'm happy with the win and we fully deserve it.Dave,WBA manager a top guy was unlucky tonight but we expected to be a hard match but we won.Looking foward for next game now and for another win.