English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

7046.png

Division 1 Turn 2 Match Previews

Manchester United vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Manchester United are the early favourites to win the league and they got off to a great start by beating new boys Blackpool 4-0 last weekend. Whereas Wolves were held to a goalless draw by Fulham. Nothing but a win would do for United as they look to push on, but anything will do for Wolves as they look for European Football. United however will be without Defender Patrice Evra which is a boost to Wolves Chances.

Prediction: 2-1

Fulham vs West Ham United

Two clubs situated in London that will both be challenging for Europe. Fulham will look to gain their first win and on paper they have plenty of goals in them. The Hammers also drew their first game of the season. Although West Ham have added quality to their team I feel that Fulham's squad is better so they should win.

Prediction: 3-2

Birmingham City vs Arsenal

Birmingham will look to cause a shock and gain their first victory of the season. But Arsenal will look to push on after an impressive victory over Manchester City. Another win looks likely for Arsenal as they will prove to strong for the Blues and I can see them running away with this game.

Prediction: 0-3

Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur

Probably the match of the turn. Two teams who are looking to secure a top 4 place this season go head to head at Eastlands. It will be an interesting match and one that should be very entertaining. However I feel City have invested in better players which I feel will bring them victory.

Prediction: 2-1

Everton vs West Bromwich Albion

Everton take on West Brom who won their opening game of the season at Goodison. Everton have strengthened their midfield will look to control the game however this will be difficult as West Brom have a good team.

Prediction: 2-0

Newcastle United vs Aston Villa

Newcastle pulled off an unexpected win last week and they will look to do the same again. However Aston Villa will also be looking to push on from their opening day draw against Everton with a win. It should be an interesting game however I feel it will be a very close game.

Prediction: 1-1

Stoke City vs Bolton Wanderers

On paper this doesn't look like the most exciting game as both teams are not known for their "entertaining football". I feel this will show in the game , although both teams are trying to change this image, I think it will be a pretty boring game.

Prediction: 0-0

Chelsea vs Wigan

Chelsea are one of the favourites for the title however they will have a tough job trying to overcome Wigan who have signed some brilliant players. I feel there may be a shock on the cards here if Wigan line up in the right way.

Prediction:2-2

Sunderland vs Liverpool

Both of these teams won their opening games and will be looking to keep the momentum going. Both managers have similar styles as they are looking to bring in young stars instead of more proven players. This should mean the game will be full of a lot of pace and energy. I think this will be the most entertaining game of the turn.

Prediction: 3-3

Blackburn Rovers vs Blackpool

Both teams will be looking to get their first points of the season at Ewood Park. Blackpool were given a harsh lesson in their first game by Manchester United and that result could have really affected the players and if they don't improve from the last game Blackburn will run away with the game.

Prediction: 2-0

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool

New stars shine and explode

Liverpool's tough 4-2 victory against the mackems were marred by injury and suspension. New boy Andreas Poli opened the scored early on after a dashing run into the box which he smashed home but two minutes later Darren Bent equalised with a quick turn-and-hit. Taking advantage of some poor defending Liverpool regained the lead with another Poli goal. The first half finished quietly but Liverpool scored again, seven minutes into the second half. A poor clearance allowed Adrian to drill a shot into the back of the net. Poli got his hatrick on 70 minutes, this time heading home a cross from Di Maria on the left. Sunderland got there second six minutes later, Luis Suarez beating Reina one-on-one. A red disheartened the Liverpool ranks at the end of the game. Fernando spitting in the face of a Sunderland player. There was so much gob and green that we don't know who the Sunderland player was. Lucas also picked up a 12 day injury in his first league game of the season. Therefore Spearing had to be recalled to cover Lucas' injury.

There have yet to be any bids made for keeper Pepe Reina.

103811.jpg

Andrea Poli of Liverpool and Italy

NEWSLOGO.png

NEWCASTLE 2-1 ASTON VILLA - FINAL SCORE

Agbonlahor.jpg

Gabby Agbonlahor watches another chance go to waste

The trip to St James' Park was always going to be a difficult one for new Aston Villa boss Kieran Tidy, but he certainly felt his side could have got more out of the game after he saw the Villians go down 2-1 to a very strong Newcastle side this evening.

There was a feeling of optimism and pessimism around St James' Park as both sets of fans feared the result could have either gone theirs or the oppositions way, but it was dudeskin8's Toon Army that powered to victory after goals from Oscar Cardozo and Adriano either side of half-time was enough to cancel out Andoni Iraola's 37th minute strike and send Newcastle into 5th position, and knock Aston VIlla out of the European spots in Division 1.

Early exchanges seemed to be going VIlla's way with a number of players alll across the field but failing to convert their chances, with the best chances seemingly going to Gabriel Agbonlahor just after 10 minutes, but the young England international could not find the goal from what was described by the fans as "literally centremetres". Villa continued to press with wingers Agbonlahor and Young forcing their way into the box but not being able to link up with Luis Fabiano, and it was from a Villa attack that the Toon took the lead, on the counter attack Newcastle easily passed the ball around the field and it fell to Paraguyan striker Oscar Cardozo who sweetly chipped the ball over Sebastien Frey's head to give the Toon a one goal advantage.

After this goal Villa fell apart and started to lose their rythmn and began to fall apart and Newcastle were hot on the attack throughout but VIlla managed to pull themselves together and keep the score-line at 1-0. Things seemed to be going badly for Villa until Andoni Iraola found space in the box and dropped his shoulder to beat his man and unleash a deadly strike that no 'keeper would have been able to reach as the ball crashed as far into the top right-hand corner as it possibly could have, and Villa thought they had found a way back.

Tidy had some home truth's to tell his Villa side at the break but they didn't seem to get through to them as Tidy found his side 2-1 down 3 minutes after the restart, when a long drive was parried by Frey into Adriano's path and the Brazilian could not miss in-front of the Leazes' stand to send the Toon fan's into an eruption of joy and jubilation. Villa never fully recovered from this and rarely threatened Toon 'keeper Edwin Van der Sar and the ex-United stopper was easily capable of handling with any Villa attacks during the early stages in the second half.

Luis Fabiano had a good shout for a penalty on 60 minutes but referee Howard Webb consulted his linesman who claimed there was no foul so no penalty, much to the anger of the Aston Villa fans. From then on out it was quite an even match with a lot of play exchanging in the middle of the park. Tidy introduced Macedonian forward Goran Pandev just after 75 minutes to see if he could shake up the game but he had very little impact and the minutes ran out for Tidy as Villa slumped to their first defeat of the new season. Speaking to Astonvilla.co.uk after the game, Tidy did not seem in the best of moods and knows what went wrong for his team today:

AV.co.uk: So, Kieran, how would you sum up today's game?

Tidy:
"Well we just simply weren't good enough. We played well early on but we just looked clueless at times, I tried to get the message across during but the players couldn't change their ways, but it happens, everyone loses, no-one win's every single game, we need to bounce back next game and show this league we mean business. Our defence fell asleep at times and this is a problem we will be seriously addressing in training this week, we need to sort this problem out as this is where we are losing the game, in our own third. But we cannot just blame the defence, we had 12 shots this game, and only 1 went in, we need to seriously re-think our tactics and see what we can do."

AV.co.uk: How do you assess dudeskin8's performance as Newcastle manager so far?

Tidy:

"Well there is no lying, he has done a great job, finances have always been questionable at the club and to bring in the calibre of players he has is very good. They are no pushovers in this league and they are a lot more difficult to beat than many will predict."

AV.co.uk: Speaking of finanaces, is it true that Aston Villa are indeed struggling to pull some cash together at the present moment?

Tidy:

"I'm not prepared to discuss these matters at the moment but times are hard for all clubs at the moment and I imagine some clubs may be in a more difficult situation than we are, but I'm sure we will be ok and there is nothing to worry about in the forseeable future."

sp0403tottenham-hotspur-posters.jpg

After match with Mr.Clifford

Tottenham and Man city played out a hot headed 0-0 draw witch saw both teams finish the game with 10 men. Tottenham for the first time in 4 games kept a clean sheet while the attacking power of man city have now failed two score in their first two PL games.

Happy we kept a clean sheet, not so pleased about us failing to score past a back for consisting of 3 men, and with 15 shots only 4 being on target no impressive taking the attacking power we have in place here.
Luka MODRIC is sent off after head butting an opponent!
Luka had put us in a difficult position after such a bad foul, It was a off the ball incident so i could either accept or refute the sending of,But after seeing it on the replay i have no problem with it, Luka has said sorry to the lads and myself and the other player involved and his apology has been accepted by my players and myself. We shall not be trying to over turn the ban.

Tottenham had alot of the ball tonight the passing and movement seems to have improved since Mr.Clifford's first game..

Yeah once again we knocked it about nicely won the ball back when we had lost it this is how i believe football should be play i am pleased they are putting the methods i introduced in training in to the real life game, However i and my assistant will be working close with my forwards after a poor goal return from 15 shots.

the-damned-united-20090615010222841_640w-472x314.jpg

Tottenham's next game see's them play Coventry City at the lane a game that will see tottenhams youth team play including new signing jack robinson

175px-Ipswich_Town.svg.png

Ipswich Town 3-1 Sheffield United

C.Wickham 24 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa S.Alex Teixeira 69

M.Diouf 52 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

M.Gonalons 83aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Another defeat for Sheffield United but this time at the hand of Ipswich Town.Ipswich where left without Neymar but 17year old Connor Wickham stepped in place,United having M'Bia a strong defender ,Keirrison a talented young forward and Arsenals Wonderkid Jack Wilshere who scored 3 goals last game completed the main three threats of Sheffield United.

Ipswich started to gain possession in the early moments of the game with United having a few chances until Connor Wickham Broke free and took a shot which hit straight at the keeper but then Wickham acted quick and toe poked the deflection into the back of the net.

connor_415.jpg

Ipswich has more chances to get another goal but it finished 1-0 at the first half.In the second half there wasn't any chances until the 52th minute when Mame Diouf and curls the ball into the net from 25 yards.Goal opportunities came with Keirrison almost scoring but just missed shortly after Alex Teixeira got one back for United and brang their hopes back up.Anthony Annan dived into the Ipswich box to get a penalty but was given a yellow card shortly after he was sent off for a late challenge and left Sheffield United with 10 men and a goal down.No less than a minute later Maxime Gonalons scores to end the match with a 3-1 victory at Portman Road.

2009-10-21T150843Z_01_APAE59K162L00_RTROPTP_3_OFRSP-FOOTBALL-CHAMPIONS-GONALONS-20091021.JPG

Nottingham%20Forest.png

Balotelli Brace Sinks Portsmouth & Silences His Critics

In the days leading up to Nottingham Forest's second game of the season, manager Al-Hendy had seen his reputation and character attacked from managers all over England. At first, it was just Tottenham, but most of their attacks were aimed at Forest as an organization, and not so much at Al-Hendy as a manager. However, in the wake of the complicated and protracted loan transfers of Michael Johnson and Vladimir Weiss, teams began attacking Al-Hendy's character directly.

First, it Accrington Stanley's manager who had some harsh words for Al-Hendy, criticizing his attitude and calling him "demanding" and arrogant (although the latter was not stated directly). Then it was Sean Toner, aka Stones, manager of Queens Park Rangers, who in his prediction of the Portsmouth - Nottingham Forest game, called Al-Hendy "far too cocky and bigheaded."

When asked for a response before the game, Al-Hendy had this to say:

It seems as though the managers in England have gotten the wrong picture of me. Arrogant, cocky, bigheaded and demanding? I don't know where or how these managers developed such ideas about my character. But I'm not going to dwell on it, I spoke personally with Stanley's manager about the situation but sometimes people don't like to admit that they are wrong about a person and haven't done their research properly. At the end of the day, if you want to hate me, hate me, and if you want to like me, like me. On my end of things, I never go out trying to get on the bad side of managers, and have many managers who I respect and consider to be consider friends of mine. If anybody has a problem with the way I do business, that's too bad, because at the end of the day I want to have a squad that can compete up to our chairman and my expectations, and will do what is necessary to acquire such a squad.

johnsonmichael_467202.jpgVladimir-Weiss-Manchester-City-Pre-Season-PA_2356919.jpg

The centers of controversy, were they worth the trouble?

And with that, Al-Hendy headed into the locker room to ready his players for their match against Portsmouth. Due to his media silence prior to the game, the lineup changes weren't known until kickoff, but they were significant: New signings Jose Antonio Reyes & Eran Zehavi replaced Nathan Tyson and Paul Anderson on the wings, both of which had transferred over to Swindon Town in Division 3. Controversially loaned midfielder Michael Johnson started in place of Clarence Seedorf, who was rested for this game to regain proper match fitness after being rushed into last Saturday's game.

In the end, the game was won by Mario Balotelli, who's superior talent shone for the whole world to see. Like a true striker, he scored a goal with both his feet and another with his head, and spent most of the match harassing the inferior Reading defense.

After the game, Al-Hendy gave his impression of the game:

Balotelli was absolutely fabulous. He has, to this day, remained our most expensive signing, but on his last two showing, I think he has shown that that money was very well spent. Sometimes the disciplinary issues of his past overshadow his talent, but thus far he has shown no attitude problems and hopefully this will continue. It's almost funny because, with all our transfers in and out, and the shape of our squad still changing alot, I almost played Balotelli on the wing! Today he has shown that he is a true out-and-out striker, and so he will likely remain in his current position for the rest of the season and beyond.

Reyes and Zehavi put in solid debuts. Some may point to the fact that the two wingers before them, Nathan Tyson and Paul Anderson, both scored on their season debuts, but those people must understand that circumstances of that match were much different from those of this match. With time, I think Zehavi and Reyes will do great things at Nottingham Forest.

Even though we won, I have to say I am disappointed with the performances of Luke Chambers and Kelvin Wilson, but I understand that the rumors surrounding their departure likely affected their psyche. So far, we've had two offers accepted for each player only to fall apart thanks to either new management or lack of funds, but we'll keep trying to get these two players to teams where their first choice status is not questioned. I wish them the best.

Last but not least, I just want to say that we have not proven anything yet, and I'm sure we haven't silenced the doubters. Two wins in two games does not equal a title, and I'm sure much tougher challenges lie ahead. The only thing we at Forest have to continue to do is to be consistent and hardworking, and then the results will follow.

And that concluded another inspiring press conference from manager Al-Hendy. Next up for Forest is Doncaster, so we'll have more to report then...

balotelli.jpg

Balotelli's red hot form wins another game for Forest.

Middlesbrough.JPG

Outgunned, outclassed, and outperformed, Middlesbrough can count themselves lucky to have salvaged a point against a strong and resolute Leeds United team. With a tricky fixture at the notoriously hostile Riverside stadium, facing a manager-less Leeds with boss Josh Ward away on holiday, and a team average team rating of just 90, only a measly 8 rating points higher than their opponents, Boro must be extremely pleased with coming away from this game with a draw.

Boos echoed around the stadium at full time, however, and Boro manager Jooles knows he faces a Herculean task to turn things around at this club. Jooles refused to face the media following the game and was last seen hurrying from the stadium, head covered, and waving a single digit at the press from his speeding car.

bird.jpg

Boro manager Jooles offers little feedback on his team’s excellent draw with Leeds

A Middlesbrough spokesman declined to comment on the manager’s hasty exit, but instead focused on the positives, noting that Middlesbrough were just one of three division 2 teams managing to hold onto their spot in the league. Middlesbrough maintained 14th position, while Forest and QPR stay top and bottom respectively. “Actually,” said the spokesman, “14th place is one of the hardest positions to keep, much much harder to stay at than the top or bottom. For top and bottom you just keep on winning or losing, but for 14th place few have the skill to sustain that delicate balance of mediocrity and ineffectiveness that we have worked hard to achieved at this club”

In demonstrations after the game much of the fans’ anger was directed at Casillas and the way his arrival has affected the equilibrium at the club. Casillas own post-game comments did little to alleviate tensions. When asked where the fault lay for the poor start to the season an unrepentant Casillas replied, “Una ciudad puede tener muchos burros, pero sólo hay un culo,” a Spanish phrase that roughly translates as, “A town may have many donkeys, but there is only one asss.” With Mido now gone we can only speculate as to who he was referring to, though Walter Samuel in particular looked put out by the comment.

2335550189_26535612fe.jpg

Mido settling in nicely at his new club

Perhaps though fan and media criticism of Casillas has been rather unjust. A detailed analysis of his performance in the first 3 games of the season has shown exceptionally high caliber goalkeeping: To date Casillas has faced a grand total of just 5 shots on target. That league record low total is testament to how hard the defence is working to protect the league’s top shot-stopper. “Cut down the shots and leave the rest to Casillas,” a spokesman snapped, “that’s why we bought him!”

21_october_juve_real_madrid_iker_casilla_defeated.JPG

Casillas. Unfairly slated for ‘only’ conceding 80% of shots faced?

And out of those 5 shots, Casillas has only let in 4, so that’s a save rate of a whopping 20%, surely something any top keeper can be proud of. “Yep, that’s why we can justify spending our entire transfer budget on him” a club spokesman proudly declared, “They don’t call him the best in the world for nothing.”

Upon hearing these stats, manager Jooles remained silent, instead responding by waving his single finger from his car just that little bit faster. According to some sources this gesture could quite possibly be a traditional Madrid expression used to show support to someone, often the local asss. “I wouldn’t know about that,” the spokesman said, “more likely he's just emphasising his pleasure at the success of the team's first point”

stjamespark.jpg

Two Frontmen Score On Home Debut

Newcastle United 2 - 1 Aston Villa

Since the excellent first game win away to Tottenham there has been much exitement around Newcastle, and with it increased optimism of what the season has to offer. That optimism was further increased after a good win last night against a solid Villa side.

The Newcastle manager had set the team up very offensively with at any time up to five players ready to be involved in an attack, the pressure from this set-up built and built until Carozo in just his second game scored the opener to send the crowd crazy.

oscarcardozo.jpg

The No.9 is his for the time being

The Aston Villa coach for the second game running had decided to go with the same formation of two holding players, two wingers and one up top. This clearly wasn't very effective in their last home game coming out with a poor possession stat, however that all changed late in the first half as Iraola from a corner managed to head past the desparing Van Der Sar for 1-1 into the break.

With that blow the Toon boss had to make sure his team was up and ready to battle in the second half as they searched for a crucial winner. Luckily for him it didn't take long and just 3 minutes after the restart Adriano capitalised on poor handling from Frey in the Villa goal to get the second and ultimatly decisive goal.

adrianoleiteribeirointe.jpg

Adriano gets the Winner

After the game Dudeskin spoke to the press

Reporter : So how do you feel this game went ?

"For my side this couldn't have went any better today, another 3 points in the league and my two strikers both bagging goals I'm absolutly delighted ! Conceding that goal just before half-time could've unsettled us and led to a defeat but I believe my talk at the break was important in keeping spirits up"

Reporter : It is clear you have been very busy in the transfer market, completely transforming your side, is their any more players yet to arrive ?

"When i first came here this side was a shambles, riddled with ageing poor players who were never going to be enough to help us stay up, now I feel that I've produced a team that is easily good enough to remain in this league and once we get to 40 points will push on hard for European qualification. On new faces I can confirm there will be no more major signings at St. James Park until I am able to sell players who have transfer bans"

Chelsea Crush Wigan

Chelsea-fc.jpg

No Manager will be happier than Aaron Duffy at the present time last nights 3-0 destrution of nick justice's Wigan Athletic, The 42,000 Strong stanford bridge crowd we're treated to a world class preformance by the men in blue , but it didnt start out to Duffy's Pre match plan with wigan Dominating most of the early play but then Mesut Ozil The German International Playmaker took advantage of a poor clearance by a Wigan Defender and punished them with a aggresive drive past his fellow international team mate Neuer.

Mesut-Ozil-006.jpg

Following Ozil's Strike Chelsea went from stride to stride and saw in the half conftabley although Drogba did pick up a yellow card after a unneeded foul, As soon as the second half kicked off it was clear chelsea we're on top of the game possesion was becoming more and more dominante and the amount of shots increased as the game went on so it wasn't a great suprise when Essien Scored in the 72nd Minute which was shortly followed by Jefferson Farfan Adding the third two minutes later ,Essien's Second goal of the season seems to be making him in good form for the early part of the season and with new Signings Farfan and ozil scoring there first goals for the club the signs look posative at the bridge.

essien.jpg

Essien Second Goal Of The Season

I'n Other News New Signing Commper has already left the bridge on emergancy loan to the 'Posh' The Highly Rated Centre Half is set to be away from his new team untill this time next month but Aaron Duffy is said to see it as a brilliant way to introduce him to the english game and also gives Duffy the chance to build his relationship with lower leauge clubs which is always a good thing for future deals.

argentinanationalfootba.png

Argentina Reveal New Head Coach

The Argentinian Football Association are pleased to announce Dudeskin as the new national manager with immediete effect. In the last World Cup only five weeks ago legendary player Diego Maradona managed to get the team to the quarter finals where they were destroyed by a rampant Germany team. After this game it was clear Maradona was not up for the job and so the search has been on for a bright young manager with new ideas. Newcastle manager Dudeskin has started very well in the Premier League and so attracted the attention of the Argentinian selectors who didn't waste any time agreeing terms of a contract.

With the qualifiers for the next World Cup starting tomorrow Dudeskin has been flown directly to Buenos Aires to start working with the team. He gave a press conference shortly after the first training session to talk about his ideas and aims for the side.

90333007.jpg

Spirits are high in the camp

framemainskysportslogo.gif

Reporter : What made you decide to take up the offer of Argentinian manager ?

"Well I was a keen observer of the World Cup this summer and Argentina in the group stage impressed me a lot, I really took to their style of play as it is the sort of football I always try and install at any club I'm in control of. Also it is clear this country possesses the greatest talent on on the planet at this moment in time in Lionel Messi, any manager in the world would love to have him in their team and by managing Argentina I get that pleasure"

Reporter : Your first game in charge is against Ukraine, do you think this team and the group as a whole are favorable to you ?

"I won't lie I feel my team is definetly the strongest in this group and also in world football, but that doesn't mean we can't take this game seriously, Ukraine have dangerous players in Milevskiy and ofcourse Shevchenko. They also have solid defensive players in Tymoschuk and Chygrynskiy but my attack should easily be enough to break them down"

Reporter : Will you install a new captain or leave the armband with Mashcerano ?

"I have decided to recall Cambiasso into the team and he will be my captain for the qualifying campaign, I've spoke to Javier and he understands my descision and will partner Esteban in the center of my midfield"

Reporter : Well thanks for speaking to us today, good luck in your opening game.

"Cheers, I just want to get on with the job now and get this first game out the way"

300pxnewcastleunitedlog.png

Newcastle Make Final Signing

121257312839100c7e0d9.jpg

Jovetic going for the Keegan look

In the post match conference in the last game against Aston Villa Dudeskin confirmed to fans that there would be no more major purchases before he was able to resell again, clearly that was not the case. Jovetic was indeed a wanted man with scouts from Liverpool and Man City both tracking him, however Newcastle's representatives were the quickest to act and secured a deal in the early hours of the morning. There is already a bright talent at Newcastle in Pjanic who currently plays in the same position as Jovetic so there will be fierce competition for a starting spot.

Sky Reporter : What made you decide to buy Jovetic ?

"Jovetic is a very impressive player, he has made a real name for himself at Fiorentina bringing him to the attention of the worlds biggest clubs, Newcastle at the moment aren't in that bracket but I believe with this purchase it takes us closer to the top"

Sky Reporter : Will you now start with Jovetic in Pjanic's place ?

"Unfortunately Jovetic is not fit enough to play in Saturday's game but once he returns to full fitness he will battle it out with Pjanic, although he is also capable of playing up front as a striker so can also slot in there when needed"

010337882584400.jpg

League One Turn Three Predictions

Milton Keynes Dons vs Notts County

The MK Dons have made a decent start with one win and a loss seeing them sitting in 8th place, they play at home against Notts County who have had two defeats so far meaning they lie in the relegation zone in 18th. This will be tough for County so I see a narrow win for the Dons.

MK Dons 1 - 0 Notts County

Sheffield Wednesday vs Carlisle United

Sheffield Wednesday were definitely one of the better teams in this division at the start but have only picked up a single point from their two games. In contrast Carlisle have had the perfect start winning two in a row and sit top of the table. On this form I can see Carlisle getting a solid away victory.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 2 Carlisle Utd

Plymouth Argyle vs Coventry City

These two sides have made very similar starts with a win a loss a piece. Plymouth have got a very good striker in Huntelaar who has already scored 3 goals and also Edu with the same amount, bearing this in mind and the fact Plymouth are at home I can see a convincing win for the south-coast team.

Plymouth Argyle 3 - 0 Coventry

Swindon Town vs Bournemouth

These two sides languish at the wrong end of the table with just a point between them. Swindon have appointed a new manager and only have one goal in the side, I can see this ending in a bore draw.

Swindon 0 - 0 Bournemouth

Crystal Palace vs Peterborough United

This is a very important clash at the top with the winner maintaining a 100% record. Both sides are full of quality but if Kroos can turn on the style I fancy the Posh can just edge this close encounter, but expect fireworks.

Palace 2 - 3 Peterboro'

Brentford vs Walsall

Another mid-table scrap here, who both had a victory in their last game. Walsall look to have the slightly better players, unfortunatly for Brentford their star signing Lafferty is unavailble through suspension, Overall I see a close game.

Brentford 1 - 1 Walsall

Shorpe United vs Southampton

Shorpe are unbeaten so far but have yet to win, Southampton have already won and lost. Southampyon with the stronger team will be too much for Scunny and I see an away win.

Shorpe 1 -2 Saints

Colchester United vs Millwall

Colchester have had an awful start and sit rooted to the foot of the table, however a win will see them climb out, Millwall on the other hand have a much better side and should be aiming to get all three points out of this game.

Colchester 0 - 2 Millwall

Charlton Athletic vs Huddersfield Town

These two sides have made good starts and both sit in play-offs spots, there are goals a plenty in both teams so the game should be fairly enjoyable. However as Huddersfield have Soder out injured I'm going for a home win.

Colchester 2 - 1 Huddersfield

Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers

Rochdale are definetly a team that has so far over achieved with a fairly weak side, clearly the manager knows his stuff. Rovers are sitting comfortable in mid-table but will want to make progress. Rochdale striker Elding has four goals to his name already and I can only see him adding more here.

Rochdale 3 - 1 Bristol Rovers

argentinaflag.gif

Argentine Attack Fails To Penetrate

Argentina 0 - 0 Ukraine

The new Argentine head coach only had his first training session yesterday and with how the team performed last night that was clearly a stumbling block. This game was supposed to be a comfortable win for the home side with all the talent they possess but somehow Dudeskin was unable to form a team who could score even a single goal.

Unbelievably for Argentina they were also defeated in the possession stat, only getting 41% compared to 59% of the Ukraine which was clearly where the match went wrong for Argentina.

As the game progressed late into the second half more and more chances were being made for Argentina as they pushed forward in great numbers searching for that one crucial goal. Milito starting in this game got arguebly the easiest of all the chances but failed to beat the opposition stopper Bohush.

militoargentina.jpg

Milito fluffs his lines

Reporter : Why wasn't your team able to win this game ?

"I really can not answer that question because I honestly don't know why my team wasn't able to win this match, I set up with an attacking formation with the aim of scoring many goals. For some reason my big stars have failed to live up to potential I just hope they find that extra something for the next game"

Reporter : Will you consider dropping anyone from the team ?

"Personally I'm not a believer of making knee-jerk reaction changes, this team is full of quality so I will allow them two more games to see if they can click into gear, fortunately I have a well of talent sitting on the bench so switching players will not diminsh my side"

48a34df45e9cf.jpg

Premier League Predictions.

Season 1-Turn 3.

Fulham vs Manchester United

United have started the league season very strong. Winning their first 2 games against Blackpool and Wolves scoring 8 goals along the way they sit top of the table. Fulham meanwhile are down in 12th with just 1 point to their name. With Fulham's midweek game against Blackpool approaching, they may well rest key players making things easier for United. Manchester United find themselves short of numbers though with O'Shea still out with a foot injury whilst Patrice Evra and Ryan Giggs are sidelined through suspension.

United still look strong without the missing trio, and with that in mind i see nothing but an away win. Prediction: Fulham 1-3 United

Birmingham City vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Two Midlands sides who both find themselves near the bottom after two games in 16th and 17th places. Both sides claimed a point from their opener before losing to potential title contenders in Man United and Arsenal just days ago. Birmingham have new signing Korkmaz to call upon, whilst Wolves may well go for the same 11 that started against Man Utd. Neither side have any absentees.

Wolves certainly have the stronger side on paper, and this early on fatigue won't be a problem. I see Wolves taking this. Prediction: Birmingham 0-2 Wolves

Manchester City vs West Ham United

West Ham have started well this season. 4 points so far out of a possible 6 see them in 7th place. Manchester City on the other hand have started slow, and have just 1 point. With the likes of Villa and Ibrahimovic in their side though this could and should change today. City could hand debuts to Caceres, Stankovic, Benega and Arjen Robben today, whilst West Ham will be looking for inspiration from Khedira and Mata again. West Ham have no players missing today, however Man.City will be without Davide Santon (injured) and Eduardo Salvio (suspended) for the game.

Man City have great star players and depth, which will give them a huge advantage today and further into the season. Prediction: Man City 4-1 West Ham

Newcastle United vs Arsenal

Newcastle should not be under-estimated this season. They've completely changed their squad and boast the likes of Van Der Sar, Pizarro and Adriano and as a result sit in 5th after 2 wins. Arsenal look as solid as ever, plenty of talent and depth see them in 2nd after also winning their opening 2 games. Neither side have any injury doubts so both will be going for the win.

Newcastle have a chance in this, they've already beat Spurs and Villa. Arsenal certainly have enough talent to get the 3 points though. Prediction: Newcastle 1-2 Arsenal

Everton vs Tottenham

Everton are very much the draw masters after taking a point from their opening 2 games whilst Spurs have lost 1 and drawn 1 so far this season. Neither side has had a mass overhaul as of yet but both have strengthened heavily on top of what was originally there. Still both very evenly matched, it may well come down to who performs better without one of their star players.

Everton are without injured Tim Cahill whilst Spurs midfielder Luka Modric is suspended. It's all too even to look past a draw. Prediction: Everton 1-1 Tottenham

Stoke City vs Aston Villa

Stoke have made an ok side decent during the summer, but are still yet to pick up a point and will struggle to change that today against Villa. The Midlands side havn't had an easy start themselves with just 1 point, but with a front pairing of Adriano and Pandev it's difficult to bet against them scoring goals. Stoke will have to do with Rory Delap which won't make things easier against a full strength Aston Villa side.

Villa look like a side slowly improving, and despite a midweek loss to Newcastle the front-pairing look set to grab goals today. Prediction: Stoke 0-2 Aston Villa

Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion

Chelsea are always there or there abouts in terms of the title, so not many will see West Brom as a challenge for them, and i have to admit i certainly don't. Chelsea have added some good players to the squad, namely Mezut Ozil, and are one of the 5 teams with a 100% win record. West Brom on the other hand have certainly become a competitive side, however i don't see them holding off the big boys anytime soon. Luca Antonini is a great addition in my eyes, and WBA will definately win games this year. They'll have to do without Pires and Burdisso today though.

Chelsea will almost certainly boss this game so West Brom may be set for a rough day. Prediction: Chelsea 3-0 West Brom

Sunderland vs Bolton Wanderers

2 improving sides on display in this game as a Sunderland side with Meireles and Hamsik face a Bolton team with Petric and Motta. Sunderland gave Liverpool a good game 3 days ago and if they play as well as they did in that one today they have a good chance. Bolton will also be looking for a repeat performance after a good 2-1 win against Stoke in their last game. This one looks like it will come down to the managers and tactics. Bolton defender Corchia will be the only player unavailable for the game.

As i said, this one will certainly come down to tactics. Both sides got 2 in their last game, so i'll stick to that. Prediction: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton

Blackburn Rovers vs Wigan Athletic

Blackburn could be lacking depth for this season. The team sheet certainly didn't take long to look through, but this early on i doubt that will matter. They have a very good starting 11 and Van Bommel and Keita will make a very good midfield pairing. Wigan on the other hand have superstar striker Pato. With Wigan yet to pick up a point they may have a shaky game, and with the talent Blackburn have this game could well be full of goals. Wigan also have to make do without suspended winger Marko Marin.

Expect a nice little collection of goals in this one. Prediction: Blackburn 3-2 Wigan

Liverpool vs Blackpool

The Blackpool job was never going to be easy. No new signings apart from loanee Darron Gibson and the tangerines are down in 18th with just 1 point. Today they face a Liverpool side still getting stronger. Currently in 3rd after 2 wins they may give debuts to David Luiz and Yoann Gourcuff, however to be honest they would probably still manage without them. Liverpool certainly have a side capable of challenging for the title, so Blackpool shouldn't test them too much. The home side are without injured Lucas and suspended Fernando, whilst Blackpool will be missing Jason Euell, who could be out for a few weeks yet.

It was never going to be one Blackpool could look to win, and with Liverpool getting better they could well have a field day in this one. Prediction: Liverpool 5-0 Blackpool

Get Him OUT !

Tottenham's catastrophic start to the season followed them to Goodison Park tonight, Tottenham were poor,lazy and unable to cope with everton and with life under Mr.Clifford according to some supporters. It seems Mr.Cliffords head is already being prepared for the manager's chopping block.

Reporter To the fans after the game...........

What's going wrong lads ?

Quiet simply the manager, his tactics arnt up there with the likes of other managers in the league, the players dont seem to want to play for him there not fighting for each other there just no understanding between management and players

The fans were quick to slam and condemn Mr.Clifford time is ticking for him already as it seems and pretty soon if points arn't picked up then relegation is a battle is more likely then a champions league battle, Odds are being slashed for Mr.Clifford to be the first walker in DIV1/Or indeed the first manager sacked in DIV1.

Its early days 3 game's into the season but already the expectation of the fans are showing and it looks like Mr.Clifford is finding it hard to cope with it, The chairman has given him money to spend and that expectation is getting to the fans too.

Stoke City is Tottenham's next game and it's at home stoke currently sit 20th while spurs sit 18th 1 point between the two, Fans fell this game is make or break for were abouts tottenham will be battling in the table this season, and if tottenham are to lose thoes odds for Mr.Clifford to walk or be sacked will slash even more.

Times almost up already ! and this is a perfect example of modern day

football.

the-damned-united.jpg

Lyton Orient appointed Mohammed Najaf as the club new manager

Steve+Bruce+Announced+New+Sunderland+AFC+Manager+F1m5faBCkg7l.jpg

Today Lyton Orinet appointed Mohammed Najaf as the club new manager , Najaf said for the press that he was glad to take control over Lyton who are currently fighting for the promotion.

What the chairman said about the new manager:

I'am so happy that the club appointed Mohammed Najaf as the new manager of the team , he is an amazing manager and I believe that he could help the team to win promotion and play in the division 3 in the next season , we are now at the begining of the league and we hope that we can win some great results with the new manager.

69834745be39a2c3e8.jpg

Newcastle Battle To Valuable Point

Newcastle 1 - 1 Arsenal

With two games played, two wins and sitting joint top of the table Newcastle went in to this game full of confidence and being at home the expectation rose even more. With all that build up pre-match the team was able to maintain their unbeaten record with a crucial point.

Newcastle lined up in a very defensive formation with two holding midfielders sitting infront of the back four. The plan was to keep it tight for the opening 20 minutes then slowly work into the game, unfortunately in the just the 7th minute Arsenal took the lead through Jurado who had a mazy run into the box and a shot even Van Der Sar couldn't stop, 1-0 Arsenal.

For the rest of the half Newcastle sat back and tried to absorb all that Arsenal had to offer, they somehow managed to achieve this conceding up to 68% possession. At the break Dudeskin considered his options for changing it up but gave the team 15 minutes to prove him wrong.

Once the situation hadn't changed with half an hour to go Dudeskin brought off Fritz and Favelli and replaced them with Liedson and Palacio and switched to a hyper aggressive 3-3-4 setup, this clearly made the team work a lot better and only 5 minutes later Elia after linking up with Pjanic fired a low shot into the bottom corner for 1-1.

25r2f10.jpg

Elia saves the day

Sky Sports Reporter : What are your views on today's game ?

"Delighted with that showing today, I knew Arsenal were going to be a stern test with bundles of attacking quality. It was always going to be hard to contain them and conceding just the single early goal when my team wasn't quite up to speed is not bad at all. At half-time I had to change things as the fans wouldn't accept a loss without showing some fight and instead I manged to nick a point off one of the big four whilst keeping the unbeaten run going"

Sky Sports Reporter : We noticed Obraniak went off late in the game, when will he be back ?

"Yes he did get a little knock, nothing serious though he'll miss the next two games but should be ok for the trip to Old Trafford, in the mean-time we have Palacio to fill in"

Liverpool

3 out of 3

Liverpool topped the table yesterday with a 3-1 over newly promoted Blackpool. Two Ramires goals in quick succession put Liverpool a head in the first half which saw little action apart from the goals. Straight after the break Blackpool got a goal from, veteran Ormerod scoring a fantastic over-head kick. The Blackpool fans had little to celebrate however with new boy Gourcuff take advantage of a poor back pass.

gourcuff-nu.jpg

Gourcuff showing off his fabulous package

Next fixture is a friendly agaisnt QPR on the 15th.

Plymouth outclass Coventry at Home Park

images?q=tbn:30A2p6xMO6x_BM:l 3 - 1 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_WYRumRGfbnVHbtjFjwUhd4HFMG9iaXByoueryuPkqBQElhQ&t=1&usg=__rNyRIZRv4Adl0CiLw9beeuCjRKE=

Plymouth Argyle football.gif: G Edu 40, 47 - S Nzonzi 72

Coventry City football.gif: T Necid 55

Plymouth beat Coventry at home to climb to 5th in the table. Plymouth were favourites to win, but with injured Gonzalez and Drenthe sidelined doubts started to appear whether they could pull it off.

Home Park was packed out and they were the ones to cheer first when Edu curled in a right foot shot which managed to glide just inside the far post. 1-0 was the score at half-time, but the job wasn't done just yet. Just after the restart, In the 47th minute, Edu scored his 2nd of the match with a decent header which went powerfully passed Westwood. There was a late rally by Coventry, and they got a goal through Necid, after a goal mouth scramble. In the 71st minute Ninis was shown a straight Red which was questionable. Could Plymouth hold on for the last 20 Minutes with 10 men?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXLrwlPkiSK1C6k-rivPbjIjz2aKPGje_9nQ6YGW8twqVGIrY&t=1&usg=__oqhFK4lwLzcycs_AncbCTk6slYo=

A Plymouth fan Celebrating after the match

The answer was yes, as on the counter attack Nzonzi headed home in the 72nd minute which was enough to finish Coventry City off.

This was what Vik P said after the game :

A great victory over one of our main title contenders will always feel great, but still it's early days and anything could happen in the later stages of this competition. Ninis got sent off was the last thing we wanted, but with Drenthe and Gonzalez available for the next match, it strengthens our team. I have to congratulate Edu, he finishing was clinical. Also Huntelaar vision was excellent and he fully deserved being MoM.

Nottingham%20Forest.png

Nottingham Forest Strike Duo Roll over Doncaster

After the media whirlwind of the last two games, the atmosphere before Nottingham Forest's third league game was rather calm. Tabloids were more interested in Newcastle's dream start in the Premier League, or Middlesbrough's misfiring collection of star players, than Forest, and thus Forest could enjoy their first game without off-the-field storylines or distractions.

Forest made two lineup change for this game, replacing departed Kelvin Wilson with new signing Aleksei Berezutsky, and giving Vladimir Weiss his league debut in place of Zehavi who's fitness was not good enough by manager Al-Hendy's standards.

The game started pretty evenly, both sides just getting into the game and exchanging shots on goal, with Jose Antonio Reyes hitting the post on one attempt. Once Mario Balotelli started getting involved however, things instantly became more dangerous, and unsurprisingly, Balotelli opened the scoring for the third successive game for Nottingham Forest in the 15th minute by using his pace to pass the defenders and drive the ball past the keeper. This opened up the floodgates for Forest, and they began to dominate the game. Vladimir Weiss attempted a beautiful overhead kick that just barely went above the crossbar, Reyes was all over the field cutting out passes and orchestrating from the wing, and even Berezutsky tried to get in on the action before being whistled for being offsides. Eventually, the pressure payed off, as Raul stunned the Doncaster fans with a candidate for goal of the season. Latching onto a long-distance pass from Jose Antonio Reyes, Raul carefully controlled the ball, passed the defender that was marking him, passed the defender who arrived to help, and then scored past the keeper with a cool finish. A screaming Japanese Nottingham Forest fan was on hand to capture the event:

ROwTLmM8Gmc

Raul makes the Doncaster defense look like a joke and finishes past the helpless keeper.

Even the English commentators were shocked:

An amazing goal by González RAUL! The keeper had no chance! Were running out of superlatives to describe this guy! He's on fire!

With everyone in the stadium still in shock at the magic of Raul, the half drew to a close with no significant attacks by either side. In the second half, the pace of the game with much slower with Nottingham Forest in cruise control, but Balotelli scored his second of the game with a delightful chip to put the icing on the cake and finish the game off for Forest:

JMOUy7h6VUQ

The keeper had no chance after Balotelli easily passed those slow Doncaster defenders.

After the game, Al-Hendy was full of praise for his team:

I will go ahead and say it right now: We, without a doubt, have the best striker partnership in the Championship, and there are very few strikers out there I'd rather have than the two currently starting for me. They both recieved 10 match ratings from the match analysts, and I can't see how anyone could disagree with that. They scorched Doncaster Rovers defense time and time again. Even though Balotelli is continuing to light up the league with goals and notched up another MotM, I'm happier for Raul, who finally took a break from doing all the dirty work and was able to show the world that he's still on top of his game.

As of now, I'm very happy with what we've got in every position except at right back, which still remains a problem for us. Ideally Nedum Onouha would've filled that spot perfectly, but Manchester City were not prepared to let him go at the time and we've accepted that. There is one player who we've contacted already and informed of our interest, but as of now we do not have the funds to bring him in, and may not have those funds till next season. We will attempt to reach out to teams in the EPL to see if they have any right backs that they might be able to loan to us, but if not, we will probably give a young youth player the chance to shine and make the position his.

Next up are Watford, who interestingly have remained undefeated against some very good opposition and despite having not bought a single new player for the new season and despite being managed by a fairly new and unknown manager. Should make for a very exciting game...stay tuned.

Raul_Gonzalez_300.jpg

Raul showed he's still got it, and hopefully for Forest he'll keep showing it all season long.

Guest MR. HAMMER

0,,10400%7E5977086,00.jpg

WATFORD NAME NEW MANAGER!

Today Watford FC has came to a compensation package deal with Peterborough United to get there manager after just three games in charge it is believed Mark Hughes has signed a 2 year deal with the Championship side who are yet to sign a player this season and the manager has came out saying this,

"Posh are a grate team who have helped me to this chance to manage a better team no manager would miss the chance to take over a bigger side I have done grate things with the League 1 side who one two of three games with the over being a draw I hope they find a new manager who can take them to bigger things but for now I am happy to be here and hope to take this team to heights of the Premiership."

The manager has taken over a side who one 3 of 3 and has been told by his Chairman to avoided relegation the manager has been given a rummerd 14M to bring in new players but he has told press he will only spend the cash on most needed positions to take the team forward not back.

scott-loach415.jpg

SHOCK TWIST FOR THE FANS!

It has been conformed that Watford number 1 Scott Loach has signed a new 5 year deal that will see him stay with Watford till season 5 the keeper who is 22 was called up for a England shot (REAL LIFE) and the manager has told press he could make a big impact to the side this season,

Scott had this to say to press,

"I am very happy to sign a new deal under a new manager he has shown all of us what he can do with Posh and I am happy to sign a new deal and be his number 1 for the foreseeable further for the side."

After the rummers of the deal Hughes got in toch with press saying that the keeper has signed a new deal and will cost 8M to leave if anyone came in for his number 1 for the season ahead under him.

Middlesbrough.JPG

Boro in home win shocker!

Fans and players at Middlesbrough Football Club were left speechless yesterday as Middlesbrough recorded their first win of the season, dispatching ‘plucky’ Bristol City 1-0 at the Riverside. Bristol Palin too, who herself has a cracking pair of Bristols, though no connection to the club, was unavailable to comment on Bristol’s loss yesterday.

Levi_Johnston_Bristol_Palin_July19newsne.jpg

Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol, with some dude who stuck it in her that I couldn’t be bothered to photoshop out

Though Boro dominated the game with 64% of all possession it was City who out-shot the hosts with 10 efforts on target to Boro’s meager count of just 6. “It’s the quality not the quantity that counts,” a Boro spokesman retorted, “The reality was that Bristol were reduced to speculative efforts, ineffectual against a keeper of Casillas’ class, while with that clown James in goal we really should have had scored 6 out 6. Too much hair for an old man if you ask me”

DavidJames_1096060a.jpg

Bristol City’s comedy keeper David James all smiles before his team’s 1-0 drubbing

Casillas was elated to record his first clean sheet of the season. “Since dating Carbonero I don’t have too many clean sheets these days, if you know what I mean” the world number one keeper quipped.

iker-e-sara-em-madri-07-05-10-17.jpg

Caronero and Casillas take a walk around Middlesbrough's pleasant streets while the maid cleans the sheets

A Boro spokesman characterised the win as a “stepping stone to bigger things,” but with a tricky tie away at Burnley next on the agenda Middlesbrough should perhaps be focusing on the small rather than the big. Burnley’s record signing, the youthful Bojan Krkic, has been in superb form this season, averaging a goal a game and must surely be a threat to Boro’s defence.

Bojan_Krkic_4_xRafa_Villalgordox.jpg

Little Bojan

When ask if his team were worried about the potency of the youthful Burnely striker Boro manager Jooles responded, “I think it’s nice of teams in this division to let the boy have a kick around with them. He must get tired of playing 3 and you’re in with his mates, so yeah, we’ll let the lad play a bit with us, so long as he’s done is homework, and his Mum says he can. Once his nappy needs changing though, then he’ll have to go off. Walter Samuel doesn’t like being around that sort of thing you see.”

These comments will no doubt stir a hornet’s nest of controversy but unfortunately Bojan was unavailable for reply, it being 8pm and way past his bedtime.

3367390.jpg

Roberto Soldado, scorer of Boro’s game winner against Bristol checks out the pitch from Bojan’s level

Peterborough United 5-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Time To Go

Its was only a friendly but the few hundred tottenham fans who traveled to tonight's away game had seen enough by half time, Chants of Out-Out-Out were clearly heard by every one at London Road it is now officially tottenhams worst ever start to a season. P7 W1 D1 L5. And the fans are really fed up,Odds have

been cut even further tonight on Mr.Clifford to be sacked/Or to walk and soon they will be frozen dude to Mr.Clifford almost beening expected to go..

It's a case of when rather then If now. Stoke City could well be Mr.Clifford's last game

Archived