English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 33-PT 2

Bournemouth won 2-1 at home to Shorpe.Cisse and Wijnaldum scored the goals for the south coast team with Galloppa getting the consolation for United.

Accrington beat Tranmere 2-1.Rovers were ahead when Cacau scored but goals from Bony and Dia won the points for Stanley.

Swindon and Wycombe drew 1-1.Wanderers went ahead when Fuchs popped up to score but Pogbrebnyak equalised for the home side before the break.

Brentford won at home 2-1 against Rotherham.The yorkshiremen were a goal up when Floro Flores netted but Brentford hit back with two goals from Larsson and Archubi.

Bristol Rovers won 2-1 away at Colchester.Oliveira and Stindl had Rovers two goals to the good before Britton pulled one back for the home side.

Super Pippo reunited with Alex Del Piero

Former Atalanta, Juventus and AC Milan star, Filippo Inzaghi has signed 2-Seasons deal with Huddersfield Town.

The Terriers who is looking for a new striker after Claudio Pizarro was sold to Fulham this week, have decided to buy Super Pippo from Juventus for £1,9 M.

With this move, Pippo will be reunited with his former duet in Juventus, Alessandro Del Piero.

del+pipo.jpg

Legendary Duo, Pippo and Alex

tranmere-badge.jpg

GUM IN AS SECOND NEW TRANMERE SIGNING !

Tranmere Rovers have agreed a deal for Fluminese centre back Wellington Gum.

The 26 year old Brazilian becomes Ben-SCFC's second signing as Tranmere manager, Both Gum and the first signing Dimitris Salpingidis have never been brought by any other manager in the set up.

zagueiro+gum.jpg

The manager Ben-SCFC said: Just like with my first signing I am happy to get him on board, Wellington Gum will be a big part of the tranmere team, In central defence we have got Paolo Cannavaro, Ayila Yussuf and Stefan Savic so getting a fourth defender into the club is good for us due to injurys/suspensions, Savic is only on loan but we will be hoping to have him again next season if Riece agrees, Savic can also play at right back and we have got Yussuf who can play in DM so we have got players who can move about a bit which I am happy with.
Wellington Gum said this to say: I have nearly had 5 seasons playing in Brazil now and Its always good to have a change, I feel like I played for a long time in Brazil so now its time for me to have a new challenge, I accept the fact that Tranmere will probably be in the bottom division in english football again next season but I am here to do my best and help keep strikers out and hopefully keep many clean sheets, I cant wait to get going, its all good here because Tranmere had a new manager recently and hes hungry for success, he also signed a good striker who plays for Greece just two or three days ago so this can only be positive for the club. :)

Second transfer done to the first team:

Transfer 1: £601K + Mackie (85) + Stiepermann (80) for their Salpingidis (88)

TRANSFER 2: MY JONES (83) AND MEHMETI (84) FOR THEIR GUM (87)

Youth: Jack Duncan - Youth goalkeeper for £10K

Youth: Craig Sibbald - Youth midfielder for £8K

Youth: Anton Sandberg-Magnusson for £10K.

Transfers out

Anderson Polga for £5.9M

Danny Mayor for £1M

Doyle Middleton for £550K

Greg Pearson for £11K

tranmere-badge.jpg

MANCHESTER UNITED AND TRANMERE ROVERS AGREE £4 MILLION DEAL WHICH SEES GABRIEL OBERTAN MOVE TO PRENTON PARK !

Tranmere Rovers say that they had a talk with Manchester United to find out the availability of some of the players, Manchester United responded and said that Gabriel Obertan was for sale and then the division 4 club chucked £4M at the manchester club for the french man.

The deal for Obertan then got accepted, in real life last season Obertan started 18 times for Newcastle United, the Tranmere manager says that he thinks that this isnt a lot but hopefully he will play a lot next season because the extra games that newcastle will after play in with the Europa league etc.

Man-Utd-Gabriel-Obertan-300x300.jpg

Tranmere Rovers value Obertan at around about £7M, so if we do decide to sell in the future we should beable make a small profit.

Obertan says: I didnt play much at Manchester United so hopefully moving to a lower league club I will be playing a lot more regularly, I never played a game in a manchester united shirt, I was always out on loan and I am glad I have found a club who will have me permanently.

tranmere_rovers.png

TRANMERE SWAP OLD NEVILLE FOR YOUNGER RIGHT BACK !

Tranmere Rovers can now confirm that they have agreed to give away 35 year old right back Phil Neville to get 27 year old Juan Valera from spanish outfit Getafe.

Juan Varela is a rating behind Phil Neville but the tranmere manager pointed out that he would rather have a 27 year old than a 35 year old despite the older guy being one rating above.

Ben-SCFC: I think its a good swap for us, Kyle Walker will be going back to White Hart Lane at the end of the season so it would of left Neville as our main right back, but now we have got Valera he will be the starter in our team.

IN COMES

1864_186x236.jpg

Juan Valera: I am happy to be returning to England, in the first season I was at Leicester City then in the second, third and fourth I played for Colchester United, when I returned to Spain I felt lost, I just didnt feel at home, England is the place I want to be and I am happy to be a new tranmere player.

OUT GOES

phil-neville-18-epl.jpg

Phil Neville: I've been in England in every single season and Spain is a place I really like and Im going to finish my playing days over their now which will be a good change for me.

Alarcon Isco set for Preston

b09d98da.jpg

After months of trying to get Isco Preston finally managed to get Isco.One of the best Spanish talents make the move to Preston for a massive deal.Preston is overpaying for the Spanish talent but the manager tried for months to get Isco from Dan(Liverpool manager).They finally got the spaniard and they're over the moon,including the fans.The best talent from Spain is on loan at Acc.Stanley where he has been a best so far scoring 5 and netting 2 assists in just 5 games.Isco have been scouted by Preston for months but the Liverpool manager said by many times he's unavailable but we knew we can get him for a super offer.We're over the moon to get this amazing kid.His touch on the ball is perfect,his technique is from other planet,he's the perfect guy to be in same midfield with Eriksen and help Reus and Damiao.Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez is looking to make his debut for Spain at just 20 years.He has been linked with all top teams but he prefer Preston because we have the best players for future here.Isco joined Liverpool as part of the Bolton offer for Eden hazard.He didnt played a lot at his clubs so far as he was just at big clubs but in Preston team,even if we have slighty better players atm he'll be a surely starter as is one of the most promising players in his position.His style fits perfect with our style and the fans will love this.More to come when he'll do first training with Preston.Till then...

Welcome to Deepdale,Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez!

LIVERPOOL TRANSFER NEWS

liverpool-banner.jpg

LIVERPOOL TRADE ISCO/HADJI OUT TO BRING IN PAPODOPOULOUS/MOSES/DODO

OUT:

ISCO.jpg

ISCO

Youssouf_Hadji800x600_565612.jpg

YOUSSOUF HADJI

IN:

PA-7738599.jpg

RIBIERO DODO

schalke940-8col.jpg

KYRIAKOS SPAPADOPOULOUS

1vmxo13.jpg

VICTOR MOSES

I am sorry to see Isco going but he will have a nice home at Preston with Hadji making up the numbers but I am a big fan of Papodopoulos & Moses and Dodo is a good young talent as well so the deal worked for us.

I wish Hadji & Isco all the best at Preston, the deals will be completed at the end of the season.

"Leyton Orient has been a hard Job but I relish it"-Geoffrey

Leyton-Orient-007.jpg

On May 1st 2012 a month ago, young hotshot manager Geoffrey was called upon by reccomendation by fellow manager Machine ,Stewart to take up the reigns of Orient. The Journey has been one that has frustrated yet been different for the young manager. When Geoff took over small Orient, Orient had found themselves 5 points below at the very bottom of Division four. Geoff started out pretty decently, and borught Orient away from true humility but has seen results suddenly become very hard to achieve. Orient now sit in 19th place and six in front of Colchester.

So what exactly has been so hard?

Finances

consolidation-loans.jpg

Financial troubles have been a key factor in distractions for small Orient. When Geoff took over, they were already 6 million in debt. Orients stadium has a capacity of only 10,000 and its seats are not filled to the max all the time. The capacity of the staidum and money input can only be increased if results become better and Orient do well, and hopefully get promoted. Loans were also a big problem for Orient with loaness costing quite a bit for us to keep. So, for the future of the club, Orient has decided to stop with loan signings. Orient has tried hard in order to be in the green, but hhave had to sell some assets. In order for Orient to clear its debt, it had to sell rising star Borges Romulo for 10 million + two youngsters in Rhys McCabe and Simone Verdi.

Financial Analysts at Orient estimate they lose around 150 k each week.

It was difficult to sell Borges Romulo. He is definetely an up and coming star having international appearances for Brazil. It took quite a long time for the ROmulo deal to pull through' date=' as I wanted to get the best deal I could possibly get.[/quote']

Transfers

1220257600calciomercato.jpg

Its been hard for the Orient Boss as he has had quite a difficult time in the transfer market. Recently, Geoffrey experienced heartbreak when Ciro Immobile, the high scoring youngster, almost joined Orient. However, every transfer deal is full of competition and EC7046 is an extremely competitive set-up. So far, Geoff has only brung in Razvan POPA,Reece GRAY, and Frits DANTUMA. These are all players bought for under 10 k! Many fans suggest Geoff is cheaper then even Arsene Wenger!

What will the future be like for Orient? What will they do?

Adam Maher

nufcfans_adam_maher_az_alkmaar_footballer-426x188.jpg

Adam Maher has been called the sucessor, and the future of Dutch Football. Many fans, and analysts alike have said he will be the next nu,ber 10 for the dutch team. At only 18 years old, he is already renowned for his composure, skill, passing, vision, etc. Many Clubs have offered or expressed interest in the young ducth starlet, but Geoffreys answer remains the same: He is staying with us!

He is the biggest asset we have at this squad' date=' and he may well be the saviour of Orient. Ive been offered many deals, but the answer will remain the same. Adam Maher is the future of Netherlands, and I belive in his abilities. Unless, I get a great amazing incredible blow my mind off offer, He stays. Maher has just signed a 5 year extension, and he loves it here in Orient.[/quote']

Risers

arrow-up.jpg

In the past and in present, I have never really understood the way of Risers. But now its time that I really have to put in the hardwork and scout for players that I belive I can make profits on! Its better to start late then never. If Orient can start buying risers, and selling them for profit, they will not have to sell its assets to remain out of the red! Its time to start now!

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 34-PT 1

Champions Southampton beat Burton 3-2 who dropped to 5th place.Yilmaz,Abdellaoue and Gaitan were on target for the saints with Burton scoring through Aliyev and Marveaux.

Shrewsbury climb into 2nd with a 0-0 draw at home to Gillingham who stay 6th.Both sides had chances but neither side could capitalise.

Southend lost 2-0 at Orient and slip to 3rd place as a result.Kazim and Harnik did the damage for Orient.

Northampton fall to 4th place after losing 1-0 at home to Accrington.Isco got the decider on 52 minutes for Stanley.

Wycombe lost 2-1 at home to Bournemouth.Postiga had Wanderers ahead but two second half goals from Cisse stole the match for Bournemouth.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 34-PT 2

Brighton won 4-0 at home to Chesterfield.Jelen scored in the first half but three late goals from Matavz,Clasie and Benitez really put Albion out of sight.

Rotherham beat Colchester 4-1.Park put Rotherham in front in the third minute but Costa levelled with a penalty on eleven minutes.Two goals from Maicon and a strike from Feghouli in the second period completed the scoring for Rotherham.

Tranmere suffered a 3-0 defeat at home to Swindon.Bakenga scored two with the other goal scored by Sio for the Wiltshire side.

Dagenham won 2-1 at home to Bristol Rovers.Nekhaichik and Bienvenu netted for the daggers with Floccari on hand to score for Rovers.

Shorpe had a 4-2 win versus Brentford.Alba,Dias with two and Fernandez were the men on target for United with Pozzi and Gentsoglou scoring for Brentford.

Isco: An amazing feeling

b09d98da.jpg

Its an amazing feeling to be in the same team with Marco Reus,who's probably one of the best footballers in the world.I have a lot to learn from him and he's isnt a lot younger then me though.Its a pleasure to be here in Preston,on Deepdale.I know Preston paid a very big price for me and I want to do the best for this club.I know Raz loves me and I try to do the best on the pitch to make him happy.Preston game have to be around Reus for sure as he's a superb player but the Preston game is around Eriksen,probably one of the best players in his position at 20 years.Preston style is around Eriksen but Reus is controlling the game for us from what I've seen.I cant wait to join Preston.I heard there is an amazing atmosphere on Deepdale and is an amazing atmosphere between my new team-mates.I tried to do my best for Liverpool but I cant compete with their top players at this moment so I did my best for Stanley.I'm glad a top club saw what I can and I try to do my best in a better league at a better club now.Honestly Raz is a much better coach then Dan and I never trained with Preston so far, I just watched from the bench.I love to be in Preston shirt,especially with Raz as our coach.When I heard I'm joining Preston for that price I belived is just a joke.The price was immense for me but seems like Raz have all his faith in me.Will be a hard job to compete with Eriksen as Im playing in same position with him but we'll see.I can play as a winger aswell but Preston will have Shaqiri there,another top player.My style fits perfect with Raz style and I have a lot to learn from him,Reus,Eriksen and other top players from Preston.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 35-PT 1

Champions Southampton just keep on winning,this time away at Southend 1-0 who drop to 5th after this defeat.Yilmaz was on target for the saints in the 32nd minute.

Shrewsbury stay 2nd with a 2-1 win at Accrington.Bony had put Stanley ahead but two late goals from Ledley and Obasi turned the match in favour of the shrews.

Northampton move up to 3rd after thrashing Swindon 5-0.Welliton and Paulinho both helped themselves to two goals with Rodrigo also on target.

Brighton are up to 4th with a 2-1 win away at Gillingham.Matavz and Camunas had Albion 2-0 in front before Marshall pulled one back for Gillingham.

Burton are down to 6th after losing 2-1 at home to Dagenham.De Jong got the goal for Burton with Diabate helping himself to a double for the daggers.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 35-PT 2

Tranmere won 1-0 away at Bournemouth.Davis got the goal just before half time.

Bristol Rovers had a heavy home defeat to Rotherham 4-0.Uysal got the opener in the first minute with Fabian,Floro Flores and Borini adding the other goals.

Brentford won 1-0 at home to Wycombe.Borysiuk got the only goal of the game for Wanderers.

Chesterfield also won 1-0 at home to Leyton Orient.Torbinsky got the winner in the 42nd minute.

Basement club Colchester drew 3-3 at home to Shorpe.Oliech,Britton and Costa were on target for Colchester with Corona bagging two and Boselli getting the other for Shorpe.

BBC Sport

Nick Romanow hired as 'Spurs' Boss

LONDON -- In a shocking deal today' date=' Nick Romanow agreed to become the new manager for Tottenham Hotspur in the English Championship #7049. Romanow left the Tottenham side in English Championship #11827 to come to #7049 because of what was in his opinion, more activity.

Romanow is a Canadian native who spent his playing tenure mostly for Toronto F.C. He then retirefd in his mid twenties to go into sports journalism, and then eventually, into management. Romanow also is in charge of Roma in Italian Championship #2273.

Romanow was quick to propose transfers, as he quickly bidded on left back Ashley Cole, and keeper Pepe Reina. Romanow says, "I hope the clubs of Cole and Reina can come to an agreement, and I can start to build the Spurs, and maybe make a push for the top four.

"I am looking forward to managing Tottenham," he said in a press conference. "I think that the club and I can go a long way."

((OOC: Hey, I decided to join you all's league so I could be involved with a bunch of forumers, I am looking forward to RPing with you guys more.))[/quote']

hate to break it to you but this world is EC7046 not EC7049 :o :

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 36-PT 1

Southampton were stunned at home as they lost 3-2 to Chesterfield.Wendt and two from Myhalyk had Chesterfield 3-0 in front at half time.Second half goals from Dunne and Biondini made the score a little more respectable for the runaway champions.

Northampton are up into 2nd with two to play after a 3-0 home win against Bournemouth.Welliton helped himself to two with Hanke also on target for the cobblers.

Shrewsbury slipped to third with a 3-3 draw at home to Swindon.Nicolita and a brace from Obasi were on target for the shrews with Swindon netting through Rudnevs,Gouweleeuw and Insigne.

Brighton stay fourth after a comfortable home win versus Accrington.Matavz scored a hat trick with Albion's other goal scored by Quaresma.Stanley got a consolation when Dia scored.

Burton stay sixth despite a 5-1 hammering at home to fellow play off hopefuls Southend who stay in fifth.Prodl put United ahead but Burton equalised when Hoarau scored.In the second half Southend piled on the pressure and goals from Ruben,Russ and two from Montillo completed the rout.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 36-PT 2

Orient won 1-0 at home to Gillingham.Maher got the only goal of the game in the 72nd minute.

Dagenham were well beaten at home 3-1 by Rotherham.United were three goals to the good when Pereira,Floro Flores and Baptista scored.Dagenham replied with a strike from Nekhaichik.

Tranmere beat Brentford 2-1.Obertan put Rovers in front but Pozzi equalised a minute later for Brentford.Oxlade-Chamberlain won the game for Tranmere with a goal in the 79th minute.

Wycombe lost 2-1 at home to basement club Colchester.Djakpa and Tatos won the game for United with Wanderers goal scored by Sissoko.

Shorpe had a comfortable home win against Bristol Rovers by 3-0.Dias,Boselli and Fernandez were the men on target for Shorpe.

fulhamnights.gif

Here was a nervious looking Latouche talking to press before the huge champions league decider match with Forest who have storied history with Fulham.

After the terrific success against Liverpool in Europe ' date=' I have not had any trouble getting my team focused for what is our biggest match in our history and I have to say Im very nervious about tonight , Our hopes and dreams for me , the players , the staff and all of the fans assorted with Fulham. We have done all the hard graft making this team be the best it can within our limits. Fulham's future will depend on us breaking into the top 4 and it will be a heartbraking if we lose today [/quote']

A very worried looking Latouche will lead his charges with the winner securing a CL spot while the loser will face heartbreak , No one will forget the battle where Forest stole 4th spot in the last 10 minutes of the season as Fulham drew in season 2. This time will the Latouche vision see what it deserves as his future could depend on what happens.

Promotions and Relegations decider

barclays-premier-league-logo.jpg

Teams getting promoted to the Premier league from the Championship

1st-Charlton Athletic going up as Champions with 1 game to go-Charlton have been the powerhouse of the Championship this year and will be battling for there lifes next season in a more tougher division.Can they survive ? It's all about tactics and luck my friend.Belhanda was one of their stand out performers throughout the season.

2nd-Three teams can still get that last Automatic promotion.With Burnley,Wigan and Sunderland all fighting for it.Which one has what it takes to take second ? who will crumble under the pressure ? which one will have to do it all over again next year ?.

Playoffs- With Burnley,Sunderland,Wigan all fighting for second.Two of them will end up in the playoffs for sure.Carlisle will join them with only one place up for grabs.Who will get it ? It's between Swansea,West Ham,West Brom and Bury but very unlikely for Bury.I feel Its between West Brom and Swansea.But West Brom have to play table toppers Charlton so it wont be easy.

Teams getting Relegated from Premier league to the Championship

championship.jpg

®20th- QPR.Not a very good way to have your first season in the premier league end with Relegation.Could you blame the team ? The manager tactics ? or the fact it was a hard division to survive,Personally i feel it was there poor start to the season.Yes they won their first game but after that they didn't win for 17 league games and 12 of them were losts so that is the reason to getting relagated.

®19th-Bolton Wanderers- I blame inconsistency for them.One week they win the next they lose or draw.They only recorded one back to back wins in the league and that is their problem really.I do feel for their manager as he only joined halfway and to save them was a impossible job.Meaning Bolton W are going to be playing Championship football for the first time in 7046 History.

18th- With one place left up for grabs and only 2 teams fighting to avoid it.Chelsea and Norwich are ones who arent trying to survive.Whatever team goes down it would be a shock to division 1.Chelsea prob one of the best teams in the division rating wise could be playing division 2 football which doesn't seem right.But Aaron has had alot of troubles with them this season and its quite a shame for it too happen to him as he is a good manager.On the other Hand.Rob's Norwich are a little team who have came from out of the blue to surprise division 1.Many tipped them for relegation,it could still happen but they are giving a good fight,so credit to you Rob you have built a great team.

Teams getting promoted to the N power Championship from League 1

1st- Yeovil Town © - Going to the N power Championship currently being champions in League 1 is always a good way to go up.But the Championship is so much harder.Also voted one of the hardest divisions to get out of.But if history is on their side then they should get promoted easily.Remember Josh's Norwich ? He run away with the division with an average side.But this Yeovil side is not average,they already have 3 90's who over 30's so that should give them experience.I say they will finish in the playoffs.

2nd- Portsmouth - (P) - This division must of been a walk in the park for Yeovil and Portsmouth seeing as Yeovil are 7 points above Portsmouth and Portsmouth have a 9 points advantage of 3rd place Derby.Do Portsmouth have what it takes to battle in division 2 ? I believe they do and the players you should watch out for are Kagawa and KPB and their Top goal scorer Gomis who scored 20 goals and 12 assists with 10 man of the matches.Can he get that form in a tougher division and score 20 goals there ? I think he will get 22 next season and i see Portsmouth around the play offs.

Play offs - League 1 play offs is full of competition this year.With Derby already claiming a ticket to the semi finals.But the teams from 4th to 10th are still with a chance to get the last 3 spaces with Millwall;Crystal Palace;Exeter City;Peterbrough United;Hull City;Leicester City and Sheffield Wednesday.

Which three teams out of the 7 will get the last 3 spaces ?.This is surely is going to be a breath taking end to the season.

Teams getting Relegated to League 1 from Championship

npower_league_1.png

®-20th- Cardiff City - First team to get relegated from the Championship with 1 game to go.Cardiff were relegated last night due to a 5-4 lost to playoff chasers West Brom.After a poor season they are finally going down to league 1 where they will face a challenge where they should get promoted but football isn't that easy is it ? .

19th and 18th - 7 teams are fighting to avoid these places.But two of them,Blackpool and Blackburn are 3 points away from 18th with GD of -5 and -10 they should be safe as 18th has 42 points and -20,but football is a crazy sport so anything can happen.But the teams who are still in it are Coventry;Plymouth Argyle;Watford; Birmingham City and Preston North end.The odds are favorite for Coventry to go down where they have a total of 40 points and are 3 points from safety but can there GD act as a extra point ?.The games too watch are automatic chasers Wigan vs Relegation threaten Coventry and Blackburn Vs Plymouth Argyle you can also add Bury Vs Watford as Bury need to win to have a chance at Playoffs and Watford need a win to assure survival.

Teams getting promoted to N power League 1 from N power League 2

1st- Southampton - © They have ran away with this league showing no mercy to the other teams.Southampton are 23 points away from second.They have broken a 7046 history record.Recording 87 points.They may extend this on Wednesday.But the previous holders were Brighton who had 86 points.Well done Rick.But Dag and redbridge hold the most goals scored in division 4 with a total of 112 goals.

2nd- 3 Teams can still get Second with Shrewsbury Town,Brighton and Hove Albion and Northampton Town still fighting.Northampton could of gone second if they didn't suffer a 3-2 lost to 19th place Brentford.

Northampton will face bottom of the league Colchester United,

Shrewsbury Town face 19th place Brentford and Brighton and Hove Albion face AFC Bournemouth.Will be a good end to season for 1 team and the other 2 will face a play off spot.

Play offs- 4 teams fighting for 2 places.Southend United,Burton Albion,Gillingham and Tranmere will fight on the last day for the remaining 2 places.Tranmere have the hardest Job to do as they would need to win atleast 8-0 to get their GD up to the other 3 teams GD.They face Bristol Rovers.Where Burton Albion face Gillingham so i dont think Tranmere can get promoted really as they would need Southend to lose to Chesterfield like 6-0 and Hope Burton and Gillingham to draw.I feel Gillingham and Southend will get play offs.But hope Tranmere can offer something for a action packed last day.

Teams getting Relegated to League 2 from League 1

league-two-badge.jpg

®-20th- Barnsley take the bate of finishing bottom of division 3.If they had won like 4 of there last 5 games they could of had a chance to survive but it's too late now and League 2 will be tough to get out of now they should start preparing for life in League 2 by cutting down their wage bill as revenue is quite bad.

®-19th- Stockport County - Mr Hammer couldn't save Stockport as they were relegated last night due to a 2-2 draw vs Wallsall.Beckham 14 goals and 9 assists weren't enough to keep them up and they will be playing division 4 football yet again just after they got promoted last season.They also have Arshavin now who should do well in Division 4.So i expect them to get promoted again.

18th- Last spot left to be decided in league 1 and the teams who are involved are Reading,Notts County and Oldham Athletic.It looks almost certain that Oldham are down due to being 3 points away from Reading and Notts County and their poor GD doesn't help them one bit and life doesn't get easier for them as they play champions Yeovil.Will Yeovil let them win ? lets hope not and lets hope they give them a good game.Notts County got promoted last season with Darlo and he has had a tough season to try and keep them up but he has probably just done enough now as they prepare for league 1 again next season.Reading will play already relegated side Stockport where Stockport could bring Reading down with them if Oldham win like 6-0.Crazy stuff has happen as Chelsea did Beat Man utd 5-0 last night to keep their division 1 status alive till the last game.Notts County play Crystal Palace who are chasing playoffs so it wont be an easy game for Darlo's team but a point for him and Reading will keep them up and send Oldham down to League 2.

Eller: "County will play till the end"

In the post-match interview of Notts County's encounter with Yeovil, Jonny Eller, the Notts County boss insists that County will give their all in the last game of the season. County sit in 17th, 3 points ahead of 18th and the last relegation place. If Ellers' County draw or win then they are safe in Division 3 for a second season after Eller got Notts County promoted from Divsion 4 two seasons ago.

Eller will be counting on his star players to try and get the points against Crystal Palace. Palace currently sit in 5th, fighting for play-off places and will be going for the win against struggling County. Notts County will be without Vladimir Weiss who picked up a red-card in the game against Yeovil.

Despite taking the lead against Yeovil, an awful few mistakes meant that Yeovil quickly and easily controlled the game. The end score 4-1 shows the difference between table-topplers Yeovil against relegation candidate County. Notts County fans will be hoping that Yeovil get the goods again as they take on Oldham Athletic who sit in 18th.

164562hp2.jpg

Watt scored the only goal for County.

Ferriera Edinho should start his second game for County after arriving from Fluminense for an undisclosed figure during the week. Edinho, bolsters the Nottingam teams' defence and may partner up with Brazilian counterparts Ranieri Sandro and Da Silva Fabio in the last game.

ferreiratentatomarab_106820.jpg

Edinho arrives from Fluminense

Rumours have been flying around Nottingham over the possibility of Sandro moving on after this season. Sandro has hugely impressed in division 3 and no doubt that the County fans would want to see their midfield maestro stay at the club and sign a new contract. The same could be said for Olivier Giroud who has put in a solid shift all season. Eller has yet to comment on their availability.

1561.jpg

Girouds future is uncertain at Meadow Lane

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 37-PT1

Gillingham held champions Southampton to a 1-1 draw.Sychev had given the gills the lead before Gaitan equalised for Southampton.

Shrewsbury are up to 2nd after winning 3-2 away at Bournemouth.Labyad,Nicolita and Owen put the shrews three goals ahead before Bournemouth struck back with goals from Legear and Feret.

Brighton climb to 3rd after a 4-1 win at Swindon.Hubocan,Quaresma,Matavz and Okazaki were on target for Albion with Swindon's reply coming from Rudnevs.

Northampton slip to 4th after a 3-2 defeat away at Brentford.Camara,Zidan and Pozzi did the damage for Brentford with Northampton scoring through Downing and Sigurdson.

Southend stay in fifth place despite losing 2-0 at home to Dagenham.Bienvenu got both of the the Dagenham goals.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 37-PT 2

Burton remain in 6th place after thrashing Chesterfield 5-2 on their home soil.Burton's goals were spread through the team with Izmailov,Aliev,Strootman,Marveaux and De Jong all on target.Chesterfield scored both their goals through Wendt.

Colchester lost 3-2 at home to Tranmere.Wilson,Fer and Elmander got the crucial goals for Rovers with Barazite and Tatos grabbing the goals for the home side.

Rotherham were defeated at home by Shorpe 2-1.Pereira had the home team in front before Wallace and Corona turned the game in favour of Shorpe.

Bristol Rovers were involved in a high scoring home game versus Wycombe which they eventually lost 4-3.Rose and Postiga both helped themselves to two goals for Wanderers with Oliveira,Guardado and Bacuna all netting for Rovers.

Accrington drew 1-1 at home Orient.Both goals came in the second half with Stanley taking the lead when Brunt scored.Wellington levelled the game with two minutes remaining.