English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 4-PT 1

Swindon stay top with a 3-2 win at home to Brentford.Insigne grabbed two goals for the robins with Rodriguez also on target.N'Doye helped himself to the two Brentford goals.

Burton won 3-2 away at Colchester to take second place.Anita gave Albion the lead but Acquah levelled for the home side a minute later to make it all square at the break.Two goals in two second half minutes from Meier put Burton 3-1 up before Henry scored a late goal for United.Colchester fall to third after this result.

Oldham climbed to fourth with an excellent 4-0 win away at Cardiff.Denis got the ball rolling for Athletic when he scored just after the half hour.An own goal from Lavezzi made it 2-0 at half time for Oldham.Moralez and Seleznyov both scored in the second half to round off a great display from Oldham.

Rotherham were beaten 3-2 at home by Bristol Rovers who move up to fifth place with this win.The match was level at the break 2-2 after Feghouli had netted a double for United and Zokora and Duriz had scored for Rovers.Guardado got the winner for the Bristol outfit two minutes in to the second period.

Aldershot climb to sixth with a 2-0 win away at Gillingham.The game was goalless at half time but second half goals from Firmino and Schelotto won the points for Aldershot.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 4-PT 2

Chesterfield drew 1-1 at home to Shorpe.Ireland gave the home side the lead at half time but Fernandez levelled the match three minutes after the restart.

Accrington Stanley lost 1-0 at home to Shrewsbury.The only goal of the match was scored by Galeano in the fifty sixth minute.

Orient won a close match 5-4 at home to Stockport.Rodriguez and Narsingh both scored two for Orient with Bedimo also scoring.Lima got two of the Stockport goals with Eduardo and Elano also adding their names to the scoresheet.

Brighton drew 2-2 at home to Wycombe.Hasselbaink got both of the Brighton goals with Wycombe also having a two goal hero in Sinclair.

Southend had a resounding 5-0 win at home to Dagenham.Both of these sides had failed to get a point this season before this match.Gouffran and Xavier gave United a two goal lead at half time.A second half hat trick from Leto well and truly got Southend's season started.

Tykes climb to 3rd following Foxes win

7715066272loicperrin.jpg

On loan Loric Perrin bagged his first goal in Barnsley colors against Leicester City

Barnsley continued their impressive start to the season with a hard fought 1-0 home win over Leicester City on Wednesday night a result that sees the Tykes climb to 3rd in division 3. Steve Thompson's men are proving to be the early surprise package in the division with many pundits predicting a mid-table finish at best but should the tykes stay clear of injuries and keep up their solid defensive displays a second successive promotion is a real possibility.

Barnsley named the same starting XI that beat Hartlepool last time out which meant recent signing John Utaka shrugged off his knock to continue on the wing.

The first half may have been goalless but that was more down to the heroics of both keepers who produced a number of key saves to keep their sides in the game but the only goal of the game didn't take long to come after the restart as with 48 minutes on the clock Barnsley scored what was to be the winner thanks to a beautifully struck long range effort from on loan defender Loric Perrin 1-0.

Both teams had chances to score but once again it was the work of the goalkeepers that kept the score at 1-0 to the Tykes and leave Leicester still searching for their first win of the season whilst the Yorkshire side continue to impress.

After the game Barnsley gaffer Steve Thompson met up with the press to give his thoughts .....

"It's another hard fought 3 points and another solid display. We have kept three clean sheets in four games and i think that says a lot about the steel and determination my boys have to keep hold of a lead. It certainly wasn't easy out there tonight Leicester are certainly better than their current form suggest but i had confidence in my boys to go out there and get the 3 points and i am chuffed that they didn't let me down.

I know it's still very early in the season but it's nice to be 3rd in the league our target now has to be to stay there and try and cement a place in the top six a tough call with the amount of quality teams in this division but we are in with a shout our start to the season shows that.

We now focus our attention towards Bournemouth on Saturday it's a hell of a long trip for our fans and we will be going their intent on getting the points. Bournemouth came up with us last season but are still looking for their first win of the season so it's bound to be a difficult match as they will target this as their chance to get a win but we are in good form and fear nobody"

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 5-PT 1

Swindon hold on to top spot in Division 4 after a 2-1 win away at Cardiff.Boukari had given City a first half lead but second half goals from Rudnevs and Rodriguez won the match for the early pacesetters.

Colchester moved up to second place after travelling to Aldershot and getting a 2-1 win.United were two up at the break with goals from Neto and an Eduardo penalty.Bojan got a late consolation for Aldershot.

Oldham are in third with a comfortable 3-1 win at home to Brighton.Agbonlahor helped himself to a hat trick with Heskey scoring Albion's goal.

Shorpe climb to fourth place with a 2-0 win at home to Brentford.Boselli got both goals either side of half time.

Burton slipped down the table to fifth after a 1-0 reverse at home to Orient.Maher got the vital winning goal in the fifty fourth minute.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 5-PT 2

Bristol Rovers had a bad day at home and lost 2-0 to Accrington,slipping to sixth place in the process.Both goals came late in the match and were scored by Cleverley and Piazon.

Shrewsbury won 2-1 at home to Southend.N'gog and Mehmedi put the home side two up before Gouffran got a late goal for United.

Stockport drew 2-2 at home to Rotherham.United had led the game twice with goals from Maicon and Potuk with Diouf and Wellitongetting the County goals.

Dagenham's miserable start continued as they lost 4-2 at home to Chesterfield.Mykhalyk Rodallega (2) and Antonelli scored for Chesterfield with Johnson and Tettey on target for Dagenham.

Wycombe lost 2-1 at home to Gillingham.Clement and Pritchard put Gillingham two nil in front with Sinclair getting late consolation for Wanderers.

Tykes continue to impress

1942845666.jpg

Steve Thompson is the talk of Barnsley after the Tykes superb start to the season

Division three surprise package Barnsley kep up their impressive form at the weekend with a fine 2-1 away success at fellow newcomers AFC Bournemouth. The win see's Thompson's men remain in third spot in the division but the gap between themselves and the teams outside the play offs it now at 3 points and the Tykes will be looking to widen that gap even further over the coming weeks.

Thompson was forced to make one change from the team that beat Leicester last time around with highly rated Moroccan defender Abdelhamid El Kaoutari coming in for his first start of the season in place of injured left back Dennis Aogo who missed out through a troublesome shin.

Barnsley started the game the brighter of the two teams and they took full advantage by takeing the lead with just 12 minutes on the clock Austrian midfielder Marko Arnautovic bagged his first goal of the season with a superb low shot following Gyans lay off 0-1.

That early goal stunned the home supporters and things were to get worse as with 25 minutes gone the Tykes made it 0-2 Steven Pienaar was the scorer with a well executed free kick after Bournemouth's Eliseu found Gyan.

The home side struggled to create much and went into half time 2-0 down. Both teams came out for the 2nd half determined to win it and that provided an entertaining spectacle with plenty of chances created and the home side set up a grand slam finish when they reduced the score on 67 minutes thanks to a looping heading over Eduardo from Nigerian striker Peter Odemwingie 1-2.

That goal gave the home side hope and they fought in vain to get the equalizer but Tykes keeper Eduardo was in defiant mood keeping the score as it was and giving his side a well earned three points to take with them on the long journey back to Yorkshire. FULL TIME 1-2.

After the game a relieved Steve Thompson gave his thoughts on the game ...

"That was a hard fought 3 points out there tonight and i have to say i am delighted with out performance. Once again we have shown our steel to keep hold of a lead when the pressure was on us. Bournemouth a a really good side you don't win the English cup for nothing but we battled away on got our rewards.

The win keeps up our momentum and builds the confidence that little bit more and that's not a bad thing my lads fear nobody in this division and whilst we respect every team we go into every game looking for the three points and the confidence we have makes us a tough team to face.

We now look ahead to Millwall on Wednesday who are sure to be tough opponents. Their manager Craig Braidwood is a guy i have a lot of respect for he has managed well over 200 games for Millwall and is a bit of a legend to their fans but they come kick off i only think about winning and i know we have what it takes to get the win although i know it will be tough"

Barnsley bullet points

> Barnsley will face Leicester City at the King Power Stadium in the English cup 2nd round

> Steve Thompson has hinted that a number of fring players could leave the club.

> Thompson refuses to be drawn on speculation linking him with Tranmere striker Johan Elmander who he brought to Prenton Park when manager of the Wirrall based outfit

Expressandstar.jpg

Sturridge Set To Sign?

sturridge_daniel640_640.jpg

Walsall were last night said to be deep in negotiations with West Ham regarding the possible transfer of Daniel Sturridge. The young England striker who's career promised so much from a young age has yet to really make the breakthrough and settle down but there is no doubting his potential. Sturridge, 23, arrived at Banks's stadium late last night to undergo a medical and has supposedly put pen to paper on a 2 year deal at Banks's Stadium where manager Tony Harman says he can have a big impact, ' Danny has all the tools he just needs the platform and the opportunity to go and play and he'll get that here. He's still a young lad and will only get better but the hard work starts now'.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 6-PT 1

League leaders Swindon kept up their 100% record with a 3-1 win at home to Shorpe who slip to sixth.Biton got two in the first half for the robins to give them a 2-0 lead at the break.Fernandez pulled one back for Shorpe just after the restart but Sio made the game safe for Swindon when he scored in the sixty seventh minute.

Oldham are back up to second place after an emphatic 5-1 win away at Gillingham.Seleznyov and Moralez both scored two for Athletic with Mantovani adding the other.Ryazantsev got the goal for the gills.

Colchester drop to third in the table despite winning 2-1 at home to Wycombe.Wanderers led the game at half time after Pektemek had given them the lead.United fought back in the second half and two goals in two minutes from Magalhaes and Tatos won the match for the home side.

Unmanaged Burton moved up to fourth with a 1-0 win away at Rotherham.Meier got the only goal of the game in the second half.

Leyton Orient climbed to fifth place winning 2-0 at home to Aldershot.The game was goalless at half time but Maher and Iborra struck in the second period to give Orient the valuable points.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 6-PT 2

Southend had a home match with Bristol Rovers.Despite the best efforts of both sides the game ended 0-0.

An amazing game at Chesterfield saw a topsy turvy match end in a 6-6 draw against Shrewsbury.Both sides had two goal leads in the match at some stage but both managed to blow it somehow.Torbinsky(2),Paloschi(2),Ireland and Rodallega scored for Chesterfield with Kawaak(2),Choupo-Moting (2),Sapeta and Mehmedi netting for Shrewsbury.

Accrington drew 1-1 at home to Stockport.Stanley had the lead with a goal from Kanunnikov but Eduardo hit back for County.

Brentford lost 4-1 at home to Dagenham who picked up their first points of the season.Jenas helped himself to two of the Dagenham goals with Crusat and Kone getting the others.Diop got the consolation for Brentford.

Brighton lost 2-0 at home to Cardiff.A goal either side of half time from Shishkin and Koke won the match for the team from South Wales.

Barnsley spirit pleases Thompson

westley4x33108124934538.jpg

Barnsley boss Steve Thompson praised his players after they drew 2-2 at home to Millwall

Division 3 newcomers Barnsley went level on points with the top two in the league after a battling display saw them draw 2-2 at home to Craig Braidwood's Millwall. The Tykes were the only team in the top six before kick off to avoid defeat defeat and should they win on Saturday against Reading Thompson's men could reach the summit for the first time this season with goal difference currently keeping them in 3rd spot.

Barnsley stuck with the same side that beat Bournemouth in the league last time out but it was the Lions that started the brighter of the two teams but the Tykes worked their way into the game and it was they who took the lead thanks to a wonderful run and finish on 37 minutes from Austrian midfielder Marko Arnautovic 1-0.

That goal was harsh on the visitors who had bossed large parts of the play but they didn't have to wait for an equalizer as on 42 minutes Tomas Rosicky was the man on the score sheet for Millwall with a neat finish 1-1.

That goal sent the Lions into the break in great spirits and immediately after the restart they were on an even bigger high when they took the lead courtesy of a fine header from midfielder Jean Makoun 1-2.

That early second half goal shocked the home side into the life and just over 10 minutes they responded by drawing level through top scorer Asamoah Gyan who volleyed home from 12 yards to make it 2-2.

From that moment both teams looked content to settle for a share of the spoils with chances at a premium before the ref blew for full time. FINAL SCORE 2-2.

Following the final whistle the press caught up with Barnsley boss Steve Thompson to get his reaction to the result.

" I am happy with a point tonight it was by no means pretty. Millwall were fantastic out there and they deserved the points but we showed some real spirit to come back and hold on.

It was a different performance tonight it was all about grit and determination and getting what we could. It is always a good sign when you don't perform your best but still come away with something and that could be a vital point either way come the end of the season.

We look ahead to Reading on Saturday who are sure to give us a tough time. They had a good result against Hull and will be confident on their own patch of getting a good result for their fans. We go their in good spirits and you never know we could be top of the table come the end of play"

Managing a Small Club can be a blessing!

guardiola.jpg

Managing in Division Four can be extremely frustrating at times but the advantages actually outweigh the negatives. My Orient side has mostly been a losing team in the two seasons I've managed them but every season , I learn a bit more about SM and what truly makes it so enjoyable. 7046 is undoubtedly the most prestigious and best English Championship in my opinion in SM today. The level of competitiveness and hunger that managers in 7046 possess are all common attributes all of us share. Not to mention all the managers residing in 7046 are quality, knowledgeable, and know when to talk banter.

It was quite an eye-opener for me when I first came into 7046 and took up a lowly Orient side. Not to mention, Leyton Orient was around 6 mil in debt when I took over the position and 20th place. I quickly learned that managing Orient was going to be a tough task with finances crippling the clubs future. I pulled in nice results but ultimately succumbed to mediocrity after the 4-2-3-1 formation seemed to be made obsolete by the SM match engine. Orient ultimately finished 19th and had to part with one of our stars at the time in Borges Romulo.

Now, here I am, in my 2nd full season and I can fully admit 7046 has taught me more about SM then any other game world. Orient may be the only small team I manage in SM but It has to be a favourite of mine. Although I do love managing top teams, their's nothing bad about managing small clubs. Sure, It might not have that large-capacity stadium, great history, or the sexiest players but maybe that's not that bad? I could be managing a Barcelona or City in another world but It wouldn't be as fun in an Forum based game world. I don't want to manage a Messi as It just feels dull if I have a 99 on my squad.

Being a manager of a small club can really make you enjoy SM so much. Before I was more experienced, I had no idea what a riser was. I only knew that I like this player and so I wanted to get that certain player. I learned that I had to put in work in order to sustain Orient, and I actually do enjoy it vastly. I enjoy the feeling that every player on my team is actually valuable, and that whenever I get a rise or higher rated player, It is certainly more enjoyable. Finding risers may be pain staking but It may possibly even help you in real life. Think of a riser as an investment, and you are hoping that investment grows at a rate in which you can later sell on for profit. Managing a small club can also provide you with skills in dealing with debt, measuring costs, wages, etc. Now, I'm not condoning that SM will make you some great accountant or businessman, but It can help you possibly with the discipline of keeping track of money, and also investments.

Personally, I can even say managing Orient is what keeps me continuing to play SM. I used to want to manage the Madrid's , Barcelona's etc but It all got very boring for me. In 7046, their is competition for everything. Risers are snatched up, the next big player's are also quickly fought over , and obviously ever game has value. These small battles for players, and results make it more interesting than a boring empty game world. Almost all the players on my team with the exception of Maher and possibly Gargano would not be classified as top class players in these empty gameworlds. All my players have value, and even my 60 rated players can be considered my gems.

So , here I am, writing this right now. I haven't accomplished anything with Leyton Orient. Yes, I'd love to be promoted into division three but I really do enjoy managing Orient even in Divison 4. It might not be the sexiest job, but It's one I cherish. I definitely believe managing a Small Club is a blessing in it's own!

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 7-PT 1

Swindon stay top with a 3-1 win away at struggling Brighton.Biton gave Town the lead but Stokes levelled for Albion two minutes later.Rudnevs gave Swindon the lead just before the break and a goal from Benat in the second half made the game safe for the league leaders.

Second placed Oldham beat third placed Colchester at Boundary Park 2-1. Seleznyov got both of the goals for Athletic to win the match after Ighalo had given Colchester a 1-0 lead.

Burton stay fourth after a 2-1 defeat at home to Accrington who climb to sixth place.Mijailovic and Bony gave Stanley a two goal lead before Brunt got a consolation for Burton who are still in search of a new manager.

Wycombe drew 2-2 at home to Leyton Orient who stay fifth in the league table. Westermann netted both of the goals for Wanderers with Narsingh and Bedimo on target for Orient.

Dagenham held Shorpe to a 0-0 draw.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 7-PT 2

Bristol Rovers played out a 0-0 draw at home to Chesterfield who had scored six goals in their previous league match.

Shrewsbury were on the wrong end of a 1-0 scoreline at home to Brentford.Barreto got the winner with nine minutes left of the match.

Aldershot drew 1-1 at home to Rotherham.Delfouneso had given Aldershot the lead in the sixty first minute but Borini brought the scores level with six minutes left.

Stockport and Southend made a 2-2 draw.County were two nil up at half time with goals from Eduardo and Carlinhos and looked to be heading to a comfortable victory. A rejuvenated Southend took to the pitch in the second half and Ramis and Collins scored to make the match all square at the final whistle.

Cardiff thrashed Gillingham 5-1. Gignac,Boukari(2),Koke and Bukharov were the men on target for City with Clement scoring Gillingham's goal.

4McWRZNQqTB_2185514.jpg

LALLANDA LEAVES AFTER LATIMER LASHING !!

adam-lallana-southampton-action.ashx?as=1&db=web&h=349&thn=0&w=620&c=gallery

Adam Lallanda

Sir_Ernest_Shackleton_normal.jpg Sir Ernest Shackleton Writes...Faith based footballing Cleric, Hugh ( and no i'm not quite dead yet) Latimer stunned Seagulls fans tonight with the dramatic excommunication of promising midfielder Adam Lallanda. Amid rumours of discontent within the struggling Brighton squad, Latimer moved quickly to impose discipline by shipping the disillusioned Lallanda to Walsall in a £5 million cash deal. After a dreadful start to the season, division 4 Brighton find themselves propping up the league in bottom place after accruing a miserable 1 point from the opening 7 games. Many within the club point to Latimers controversial training methods as the root of the problem with players reacting badly to the harsh regime of silent prayer, fasting, daily flagellation and bodily immersion in the icy waters off of the East Sussex coast. Despite the poor run of results, Latimer and head coach sister Enid Sprocet steadfastly refuse to introduce traditional training methods and have increasingly found themselves on a collision course with many of the first team squad. An insider at the club tonight lifted the lid on the bitter infighting by telling the Herald..

Theres no two ways about it the morale within the squad is at rock bottom, the general opinion among the lads is that Latimer is to blame. The writing was on the wall from the first training session when he sat the boys down and spent 4 hours sermonising about the evils of the devils formation, after he had finished he insisted that the boys were cleansed as he and his be-robed coaching staff bodily dragged the whole team down to the sea front and repeatedly dunked them in the crashing waves as Latimer led Gregorian style chanting to ward of the devil.. Its the middle of winter and it was bloody freezing down there and I can tell you the senior pros were not impressed.

Anyway, things went from bad to worse as the following day Latimer told the assembled squad that from now on training would take on a faith based theme and introduced increasingly harsh methods of punishment to further purge their soccer souls of any traces of the impure soccer thoughts. Things finally come to a head yesterday when Latimer introduced blindfolded five aside to the confused looking squad by claiming that the players do not need sight to perform only faith. It was chaos with balls flying in all direction and players crashing into each other, after spending an hour blindly staggering around in search of the ball, young Adam finally lost it and told Latimer what many others are also thinking, and called him a total lunatic who should have been locked up years ago. Latimer went hysterical and started calling Adam a heretic and the spawn of the Devil. Before we knew it all trace of Adam was removed from the club, and the players were warned that from now on his name had became a forbidden word and any mention of him will be discouraged by prolonged immersion in the loving waves of the Lord.

qoWX8vQGhKD_3997782.jpg

Brighton players struggle with blind folded 5 aside, Latimer and first team coach Enid Sprocket

Brightons misery continued at the weekend with a 3-1 mauling at home to table topping Swindon. Adopting Latimers preferred tripod formation, the home crowd groaned as the visitors took the led after just 14 minutes from a Dudu Biton header and despite Tony Stokes equalising barely 2 minutes later, strikes from first Rudnev and then Benat sealed the win for the impressive Swindon. Next up for Brighton a trip to the Chav heartlands of North Kent to face fellow strugglers Gillingham, where anything less than a point will only heap further pressure on the beleaguered Latimer.

Terrific Tykes clobber the cobblers

marcoarnautovic548345.jpg

Marko Arnautovic bagged a brace to cap off another impressive performance

Division three side Barnsley made it six games unbeaten in all competitions tonight after they demolished Northampton Town 3-0 at Oakwell. 13,149 witnessed Thompson's men turn on the style in the second half after a dire first period with this latest result taking the Tykes to within 2 points of top spot.

The home side welcomed back Captain Scott Brown to the starting XI after the Scottish midfielder missed the previous six fixtures he took the place of the injured Sergio Sanchez with William Kvist dropping back in defense to cover snachez whilst Brown took up his familiar center midfield spot.

The first half was a dire affair with very little goalmouth action but a half time ticking off from home manager Steve Thompson had the desired effect as his team hit three unanswered goals the first coming on 57 minutes through Nigerian John Utaka who hit a low shot past Zieler to claim his first goal in Barnsley colors 1-0. The second came from a more familiar source in the shape of Marko Arnauovic with the Austrian curling home a wonderful effort from the edge of the box to make it 2-0.

The final goal of the game came 3 minutes from time and it was Arnautovic again the scorer knocking home from close range after a fine lay off from captain Scott Brown 3-0.

That proved to be the last meaningful action of the game with Northampton well beaten and the 13,000 plus inside Oakwell heading home delighted. FULL TIME 3-0.

After the game a delighted Steve Thompson discussed his sides result ....

What a result and what a second half performance. Despite the result it was tough out there for my boys and Northampton can go away feeling a little hard done by but all goals can count come the end of the season and it was nice to see our clinicalness in front of goal.

Our first half performance wasn't great and i let the boys know that. Our fans come to be entertained and 1st half we didn't give them much for their money but 2nd half they took what i said on board and sent our supporters home with smiles on their faces.

Their was so many positives tonight Scotty (Brown) coming back was a massive boost he is a leader and is a big presence on the pitch you could see that tonight. John Utaka getting his first goal was another note hopefully that will settle him down and give him the confidence to push on and then we have Marko (Arnautovic) the boy is a world class player in the making he has found his scoring boots and at the minute i would say he is undroppable.

We now turn our attention to Crystal Palace this coming Saturday. They are in form winning their last four games but their two defeats have come at their place and we must go there intent on getting a positive result. Daz is a manager i have come across numerous times and he certainly gets his teams to play the right way just like us"

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 8-PT 1

Oldham take over top place with a 2-1 win away at Leyton Orient.Canini gave Orient a 1-0 half time lead but second half strikes from Denis and Pilotas won the game for Athletic.

Swindon's 100% record went crashing as they were well beaten 5-1 at home to Dagenham and drop to second place.Johnson gave Dagenham a second minute lead but Sio levelled a minute later and normallity seemed to be resumed.Dagenham had other ideas and goals from Davies,Barton and Jenas had the daggers 4-1 ahead at the break.Young scored a late fifth to complete a miserable night for the robins.

Colchester stay in third place with a 2-0 win at home to Cardiff.The game was goalless at the halfway stage but Acquah and Ighalo netted in the second half to give Colchester the points.

Shorpe are up to fourth after a 4-2 win at home to Shrewsbury.Sosa,Lamah,Boselli and Pennant were the men on target for United with N'Gog and Brahimi getting the consolations for Shrewsbury.

Accrington are fifth in the league after a 1-1 draw at home to Aldershot.Bony gave Stanley the perfect start when he scored in the first minute but Scelotto equalised before the break to see both teams share the spoils at the end.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 8-PT 2

Burton dropped to sixth place with a 4-0 defeat away at Southend.This match turned out to be a one man show as Leto netted all four of the Southend goals.

Brentford won 3-2 at home to Bristol Rovers.Dessena scored first for Brentford but mcauley levelled to make it all square at half time.N'Doye and Danilinho got the goals that won the match for the bees with an Aduriz goal sandwiched in between for Rovers.

Chesterfield were beaten 3-0 at home by Stockport.Lima helped himself to two of the goals for County with Neves also getting his name on the scoresheet.

Rotherham had a 2-1 win at home to Wycombe.The match was 0-0 at the break but Saviola gave the millers the lead in the sixty fourth minute.Pektemek equalised for Wanderers but Lopez got the winner with just under a quarter hour of the match remaining.

Gillingham had a welcome win,3-1 at home to basement club Brighton.Ryazantsev and two goals from Sychev had the gills 3-0 in front before Okazaki pulled one back for Albion.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 8-PT 2

Burton dropped to sixth place with a 4-0 defeat away at Southend.This match turned out to be a one man show as Leto netted all four of the Southend goals.

Brentford won 3-2 at home to Bristol Rovers.Dessena scored first for Brentford but mcauley levelled to make it all square at half time.N'Doye and Danilinho got the goals that won the match for the bees with an Aduriz goal sandwiched in between for Rovers.

Chesterfield were beaten 3-0 at home by Stockport.Lima helped himself to two of the goals for County with Neves also getting his name on the scoresheet.

Rotherham had a 2-1 win at home to Wycombe.The match was 0-0 at the break but Saviola gave the millers the lead in the sixty fourth minute.Pektemek equalised for Wanderers but Lopez got the winner with just under a quarter hour of the match remaining.

Gillingham had a welcome win,3-1 at home to basement club Brighton.Ryazantsev and two goals from Sychev had the gills 3-0 in front before Okazaki pulled one back for Albion.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 9-PT 1

Swindon got back to winning ways and take over at the top with a 6-3 win away at Gillingham.Sio got three for Swindon with Verratti,Rudnevs and Biton also on the scoresheet.Sychev,Castro and Ryazantsev netted for Gillingham.

Oldham slip to second place despite a 3-2 win at home to Rotherham.Jonas scored twice in the first fifteen minutes for Oldham but Potuk pulled one back before the break to make it 2-1.Feghouli levelled with seven minutes to go but Seleznyov won the game for Athletic when he scored three minutes later.

Colchester stay third with a 3-0 win at Brighton. Ighalo,Henry and Neto scored the goals for United against a struggling Albion side.

Shorpe are still fourth after a 2-0 win at Bristol Rovers.Kluge and Boselli got the goals,both coming before the half time interval.

Accrington remain fifth after hammering Wycombe 5-1 away from home.Toivonen scored for Wycombe with Dragovic,Bony,Lucas,Ely and Piazon getting the goals for Stanley.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 9-PT 2

Orient are up to sixth after winning 2-1 away at Cardiff.Narsingh and Canini had put Orient 2-0 in front before half time but Lavezzi got a late consolation for City.

Stockport lost 2-1 at home to Brentford.Danilinho put the bees in front but Diouf levelled the match for County.Maicosuel got the winner for Brentford in the seventy sixth minute.

Aldershot won 1-0 against Southend.Kelly got the winner in the second half.

Chesterfield had a good 3-1 win away at Burton.Torbinsky put Chesterfield in front but Strootman equalised from the spot to make it 1-1 at half time.Ireland and Mariga got the vital goals for Chesterfield in the second period.

Shrewsbury were on the wrong end of a 2-1 scoreline at home to Dagenham.All of the goals came within the first fifteen minutes.Nelsen and Bardsley put Dagenham 2-0 in front before Choupo-Moting pulled one back for the shrews.

January Manager of the Month Awards

Division 1

349px-Exeter_City_FC.svg.png

Winner: David Crawford (Exeter City)

Is there any end to this mans success? After guiding his squad all the way to Division 1, Exeter have got off to a flying start, taking 15 points from a possible 27 and currently sit in third place. Jonathon Biabiany has been key to The Grecians form, picking up an impressive 6 assists in as many games. After the pundits were predicting a tough ride for David Crawford's side, are we all set for yet another shock?

Division 2

stoke-city-badge.gif

Winner: Jay Z (Stoke)

Stoke have been hugely impressive so far this campaign, picking up an incredible 20 points from 9 games. Their success and been partly down to the outstanding form of key duo Jimmy Briand and Pablo Piatti, who have clocked up 9 goals and 8 assists respectively. Jay Z will be hoping February can prove to be equally rewarding.

Division 3

watford-fc-logo.jpg

Winner: John Harman (Watford)

Unfortunately for me :P, this award just has to go to my brother John Harman, after his Watford side's fantastic start to the season. After winning 7 out of 9, The Hornets sit proudly at the top of the pile and John will be urging his lads to carry this form into February, as they chase promotion after missing out so painfully last campaign.

Division 4

stfc_badge.jpg

Winner: Paul Gibson (Swindon Town)

Swindon Town are the most inform team in the setup after collecting a massive a 24 points from there first 9 games. Paul Gibson will be hoping Giovanni Sio and Artjoms Rudnevs continue their form after the duo have banged in 15 goals between then so far this term. Can Paul Gibson take his side all the way? Only time will tell.

thread-header.png

THE SATURDAY MATCH

TheTSMlogo.jpg

MATCH REPORTER WANTED!!

TSM is looking for a MATCH REPORTER to write about ONE MATCH a week.

You would select a match and write a MATCH PREVIEW for it, then after the match ends on a Saturday, you would write the MATCH REPORT.

The M/R can be done as soon as you like but needs to be posted in the blog before the Wednesday match starts.

PM me if you are interested in this position.

thread-header.png

THE SATURDAY MATCH

f7819491-1b95-49c8-a7dd-7b7bbc6829ca_zps5c77a015.jpg

The Above logo for TSM will be used when the Match Analysis is being added.

This will help to recognise when a Preview is used or when a Match Analysis is added.

Preview = original logo used

Analysis = Edited version above used.

Example can be viewed here

http://ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/tsm-ipswich-v-hull-analysis.html

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 10-PT 1

League leaders Swindon stretched their lead to two points with a 2-1 win at home to Shrewsbury.Rodriguez gave the hosts the lead but Brahimi levelled the match before the break.Rodriguez got his second of the game with a minute left to ensure the points for Swindon.

Oldham stay second after a 1-1 draw away at Accrington.There were no goals in the first half but with just under a half hour left Lucas scored to give Stanley the lead.It looked all over for Athletic until Seleznyov popped up to equalise in the eighty ninth minute.

Colchester hold on to third place after an emphatic 8-2 win at home to a hapless Gillingham side.Ighalo got five goals and Bogdanov helped himself to two for United with Henry getting the other goal.Ari and Castro netted for the gills on a day that they will want to put behind them very quickly.

Shorpe are still in fourth place despite being held to a goalless draw at home to Stockport.

Orient have moved up to fifth in the table with a 2-1 home win versus Brighton.Orient took the lead from the penalty spot through Caicedo but Brighton made it all square with a goal from Martens.Routledge won the game for Orient with a goal in the second half.