TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

Bristol Mercury

Rovers board demand improvement.

Bristol Rovers have had a sorry season in division four. Last night a source within the club was quoted as saying the board wouldn't tolerate another season like it. " we need to start making progress , we've backed Marchents' opinion on players we hadn't heard of, and to be honest we've been disappointed with the return on our investment. We are a little worried that we will loose our identity with so many foreign players at the club. However we are willing to give the manager one more season to turn it around. But play-offs are a minimum requirement now.

stevep.png

Thompson names squad ahead of Owls clash

declanrudd2819398.jpg

Set for debut - Goalkeeper Declan Rudd looks set to start against Sheffield Wednesday

Barnsley make the short trip to Hillsborough tomorrow as they finish of the regular season before they enter the end of season play off lottery. Thompson's men will be looking to end the season on a high and give some much needed confidence after their poor showing against Tranmere at the weekend. A point against the Owls will be enough to secure 3rd spot and set up a home this coming Friday.

As expected Barnsley are set for wholesale changes in order to rest their first team squad but manager Steve Thompson did spring one surprise by naming the starting XI with the major talking point being the inclusion of 22 year old goalkeeper Declan Rudd who is set to debut in place of ever present Eduardo.

Tykes boss Steve Thompson spoke to the press earlier this morning.

"The game tomorrow is still important to us and the fans as it's a local derby. Hillsborough is sure to be packed and the players are under no illusions as to what the fans expect in these sorts of games.

I will be making wholesale changes to the team in order to make sure we are ready for the play offs and i have the team sheet available for you once this meeting has concluded.

Some people will say i am showing disrespect to Sheffield Wednesday by making so many changes but we are have to think about ourselves and ensure we have the best possible chances in the play offs. The turnaround in games is very quick with the semi final on Friday so i need the first team fresh for the challenges ahead"

Below is the team sheet issued by Barnsley boss Steve Thompson.

711994_Barnsley.jpg

The 7046 Interviews:

Season 7’s Climax!

leathersoccerchairhattr.jpg

Alurcard – Carlisle United

Fresh from his hols with a cracking tan, and hangover, and probably a case of the clap, in an interview that was done prior to Middlesbrough becoming champions on Wednesday, here’s all-round good egg (though you’ve got to wonder how good round eggs really are) Anth:

Hi Anth, this is the second set of questions I’ve written out for you, having lost the last lot in a word doc crash. Do you get the sense of déjà vu too here, or is that just me?

I do get the sense we’ve done this before yes, but last time I’m sure I was on the other side of the interview hot-seat. Things have changed a lot since then though.

Okay, to start, it’s fair to say that you have lived and breathed EC7046 ever since you came on board early back in season 1. Tell us, what does EC7046 mean to you?

Yeah that would certainly be a fair comment, I managed to get in just a few days after the league was created and before any games were played, and the thought of leaving has never crossed my mind since. For me EC7046 is the pinnacle of Soccer Manager and the ambition to win the first division burns as strong as it ever did for me personally. I think if I ever quit EC7046 for any reason that would be me done with Soccer Manager altogether. EC7046 is the one of the only reasons I’ve persisted with SM long after much of the appeal has faded.

Obviously the ceaseless work you’ve put in at Carlisle is really starting to reap its rewards. Recently you were as high as 4th place, and am I right in thinking you were actually 2nd in division 1 at one point? Can you even believe that little Carlisle are where they are right now, sat with an outside chance of even taking the league title, or is this just really where you saw yourselves belonging all along?

We were second yes, only on goal difference mind but that’s officially the highest little Carlisle have ever been. We’ve since blown any realistic chances of causing an upset while I was on holiday, but safety was the target in this first season and we’ve managed that with a lot of room to spare. Do we belong up there though is a different question, we may be over-achieving this season, but I think ultimately Carlisle will be a force to be reckoned with long term.

If you look back at your early seasons you missed out on climbing the league ladder on several occasions, finishing 7th in seasons 1 & 3 and losing out in the playoff semis back in season 2. If it hadn’t have been those lost years could it have been even better for Carlisle or was it those years down in the depths that made Carlisle what they are today?

It’s hard to say really, we’ve gotten stronger season after season and it’s quite possible that had we achieved promotion earlier we might have really struggled and come back down. I’d like to think that I’ve got enough tactical nous about me to do well even with a weaker squad though, so personally I’d like to have been promoted earlier. Losing the play off final last season to a virtually unmanaged West Ham side was one of the lowest points I’ve had with any team though, it was a real kick in the teeth.

CarlisleUnited.jpg

And what a season in 7046, ultracompetitive in every division. What’s going on? Just why does it seem that any team can beat any other team on a given day? Does that mean that the future looks rosy for 7046? Why do you think 7046 seems to be getting more and more competitive where arguably other established setups, such as 106 and 5579, appear to grow staler with time? (though in fairness both are a little further down the road than 7046, maybe that’s our future too!)

Yeah very competitive right through this season, though division 1’s title race is done (Congratulations by the way). I think the reason it’s been so competitive is because none of the ‘big teams’ have pulled ahead of the others. The likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, United and City all have good squads but not great, coupled with the like of Middlesbrough, Fulham, Bristol and Huddersfield who are all consistently doing well it’s kept the league strong and has stopped anyone getting a stranglehold.

I think the future does look good for 7046, there are a lot of good managers in this set up. However, the forum does need to be keep alive as much as possible. As long as there’s banter in the forum pages people will continue to be attracted to 7046 and that can only be good news.

Obviously you’ve climbed the ranks and if people are to be believed the likes of Swansea, Walsall and Sunderland may well follow in your footsteps. What about teams that might go the other way though? Are there any clubs in the top flight or two, outside of the obvious relegation candidates, that you see growing weaker with time and inevitably sliding back down the divisions?

In Division 1 I’d be concerned about Arsenal long term, while they have a good team there are just too many players in the squad that can only drop. They’ve been very poor this season already, if they have a number of ratings drop, as I suspect they will then, I think they’ll struggle again. Forest are another team who I think may struggle, luckily Iniesta has been top draw again for them this season, but I can see the rest of the squad getting weaker and you have to wonder what will happen when Iniesta comes to the back end of his career.

And final question: all too often people seem to put way more emphasis on successful acquisitions in the transfer market and way less on the ability to actually use those transfers, the formation and tactical side of things. As someone who is clearly a key player in the transfer market, but also a manager who is not afraid to experiment with tactics, just how undervalued is the tactical side of the game at the expense of the relative glamour of new transfers, or would it be fair to say that more and more managers are getting more tactically savvy?

Massively undervalued would be my answer. Correct tactics will beat higher ratings 70% of the time I’d say. Everyone aspires to get in the best players they can, but getting the tactics right is a crucial first step. There are more managers out there that are more tactically aware than others however and it’s easy to spot these with 5 minutes homework prior to a game. I’ve never been afraid to changes things, but SM is a game that challenges your convictions and belief in your ability more than others when things aren’t going your way (as Raz has found out this season). Some managers handle this better than others and these tend to be the managers that are better tactically without changing their full squad. Just look at Middlesbrough, Liverpool and Carlisle, ten games in these were the bottom three, without making any significant purchases all three are now top six.

Actually, I lied. One more question – do you miss the 7046 previews at all, or are you glad to see the back of them? They were good times, err, sometimes.

Ha ha, miss them? Yes I do definitely miss them as one of the best things EC7046 lost. Miss doing them? Not so much no! It was a lot of hard work keeping them going and took hours and hours for me personally, but I did enjoy them and massive credit should go to anyone that does them.

Well that was uncanny timing with the preview questions seeing as they seem to be getting lined up again for next season. Cheers Anth, word on the street has it that you are tipped for great things in the future, though I’m sure you would argue that Carlisle making into the SMFA Cup could well be seen as ‘great things’ (more than you could have ever dreamed possible?) Best of luck with that, it’s already shaping up to be a cracking competition next season, unlike the Mickey Mouse affair it was this year…

stevep.png

Tykes ready for play off battle

gun1254491126arshavinol.jpg

BANG IN FORM - Andrey Arshavin has scored 3 goals in 3 games since signing for Barnsley

The town of Barnsley has been gripped by play off fever as the Yorkshire out get set to welcome Tranmere Rovers to Oakwell in the division 3 play off semi final. The stadium is set for a sell out on Friday as Barnsley go in search of a second successive promotion and the game has further spice with Tranmere being Tykes boss Steve Thompson's former club.

With a place in the play offs already secured Thompson made 11 changes for his sides last regular season game against Sheffield Wednesday and his sqaud players did him proud picking up a 1-1 draw in a fiery Yorkshire Derby.

The Tykes are likely to recall all their first team regulars back in action for the visit of Rovers and that means that recent signing Andrey Arshavin can try to continue his excellent start since signing from Lokomotiv Moscow which has seen him score in all three games he has been selected for another Russian looking to impress is Aleksandr Ryazantsev. The 26 year old midfield signed just before the sheff Wednesday clash and featured for the full 90 minutes putting in an accomplished display.

After holding a light training session on Thursday morning Barnsley boss Steve Thompson took time out to speak to the media.

"It's a really exciting time for everybody connected with the club and Friday is sure to be a fantastic footballing occasion. Tranmere will come to Oakwell full of confidence having beat us there just last weekend but we have learnt lessons from that game and i have confidence in my boys to go out there and put on a good performance.

It was nice to give the boys a break for the Sheffield game yet still get a result it shows the streetlight in depth we have here and a couple of the guys certainly caught the eye and are in my plans for the game tomorrow.

It's been another wonderful season for us we have achieved way more than many expected from us but we must not lose focus we finished 3rd in the league table and we have to show why we were the 3rd best team in the division this season.

Oakwell will be packed to capacity tomorrow expectant of a result and the players know what they have to do.

stevep.png

Penalty drama see's Tykes head to Wembley

news2504.jpg

PENALTY HERO - Aleksandr Ryazantsev is the toast of Barnsley after netting the winning spot kick against Tranmere

Barnsley are on their way to Wembley after a penalty shootout victory over Tranmere set up a date with Watford who defeated Crystal Palace by the same nature. Thompson's men looked to be heading to defeat after Sejad SALIHOVIĆ had given the visitors the lead on 40 minutes but with 6 minutes of the match remaining the Tykes grabbed a dramatic equalizer courtesy of a first goal in Barnsley colors from Vladimir BYSTROV and with that sending the game to the dreaded penalty shootout.

Johan Elmander steeped up first for Tranmere and the Swede saw his spot kick saved by keeper Eduardo which allowed the home side to gain the advantage and Andrey Arshavin obliged tucking his penalty into the corner.

1-0

The pressure was on Johnathan Walters to keep his Tranmere side in the shootout and the Irishman did that smashing his spot kick high into the net.

1-1

Both sides went on to miss a succession of spot kicks with Salihovic missing Rovers 5th and handing the chance to Barnsley to book their date at Wembley the responsibility fell to 75th minute substitute Aleksandr Ryazantsev who showed tremendous composure slotting his penalty low into the corner to send his team to Wembley and with that begin delirious celebrations from players supporters and manager alike.

2-1

Full time

In all the celebrations Tykes boss Steve Thompson praised the spirit of his side.

"It's a truly wonderful feeling to be heading back to Wembley we looked dead and buried with 10 minutes to go but we showed our spirit dug in and got that all important goal. Penalty shootouts are a complete lottery and thankfully we prevailed i know Ben will feel absolutely sick after that but he has a good side that and they will bounce back from this.

We look to have come away from here injury free which is massive for us our success has been based on consistency and having the squad available for the final is a major relief.

I hear we will be playing Watford who are sure to fancy their chances it was a win each in the league but it will all come down to who wants it most and i know my boys have the desire and spirit to go out one last time and deliver the goods"

stevep.png

Barnsley out to sting Hornets in play off final

84515714375380640360.jpg

TASTED SUCCESS - Barnsley boss Steve Thompson wants to replicate last seasons play off success

The anticipation is building in Yorkshire ahead of Barnsley's trip to Wembley to take on Watford in the division 3 play off final. The Tykes sealed their place in the final with a dramatic penalty shootout win over manager Steve Thompson former club Tranmere Rovers and the Tykes are once again the underdogs against John James Watford who will be looking for more success in the play offs this time round having fallen at the semi finals last season against Sheffield Wednesday.

Barnsley are likely to stick with the same side from the game against Tranmere although shootout hero Aleksandr Ryazantsev may have played himself into Steve Thompson's plans with his impressive 25 minute cameo.

Before his side set off for the capital Tykes boss Steve Thompson spoke to the media.

"Myself and the lads are really looking forward to the game and we know that the whole town is right behind us. The majority of this team achieved promotion via the play offs last season so they know Wembley well and i have no worries about them handling the pressure.

Watford won't have the same amount of traveling to do which some will say is an advantage but i think it give it helps us. It allows the lads time to calm the nerves it's all part of the experience. I know the Watford fans will fancy their chances against us they beat us convincingly in the first game but we did a number on them in the reverse fixture so we know what is needed to win.

I don't envisage having to make many changes the boys are buzzing after the Tranmere game and i think we need to carry that momentum to Wembley. They have tasted this before and i know they can replicate it"

Middlesbrough.JPG

Boro Crowned

Champions!

(again)

Well they say lightening never strikes twice but that’s just what happened this last week in the mighty EC7046. Not for the first time the good people of Middlesbrough were dancing in the streets, celebrating the incredible recapturing of the coveted 7046 division 1 title, a feat that only the once-great Man Utd has also managed to achieve. Pegged by many as early season relegation candidates, Boro performed a true phoenix from the flames recovery, turning around a shocking opening to the season with just 10 points from the first 11 games to haul themselves of out the mire, steadily climb the table, and take the title with yet another workman-like performance with their 1-0 win over Exeter City.

soccer-field-lightning.jpg

Lightning strikes again at Craven Cottage after yet another mediocre season

As the pundits have observed, it was the manner in which Boro took their 3rd league title that impressed the most. Seen by many as a victory for tactical diversity over the tired and lazy monotactical approach of the yesteryear teams, time and again Boro ground out win after win when it seemed that the odds were thoroughly stacked against them. 13 of the 19 games won were won by a single goal, including the last 7 games, and in those last 7 games no less than 5 of them were won in the last 15 minutes with winners coming in the 83rd min vs. Huddersfield, 77th min vs. Man City, 87th min vs. Bristol City, 78th min vs. Spurs and 86th min vs. Arsenal.

It’s hard to reconcile the constant lambasting by a number of lesser performing teams of the lack of quality in Boro’s squad with the tremendous on-field performances and proven track record of success. Indeed, it’s safe to say that Boro’s squad-based approach has reaped dividends over the years. Not only did Boro beat 14 of the teams in the league at least once, with the exception of just 5, Liverpool, Forest, Sheff Utd, Carlisle and Charlton, but they did it using no less than 11 different formations and an effective squad rotation strategy to ensure that no one player was bigger than the team. No player scored more than 10 league goals or managed more than 10 assists, yet it was due to the efforts of all players, but in particular the backbone of Casillas, Samuel/Dede, Xavi/Mandzukic, and Augero/Milito, on which success rested. Special praise must be handed out to Milito who at times simply carried the team. Mostly ignored by the blog’s team of the day awards, Milito, in addition to 10 goals and 9 assists, managed to notch up 8 man-of-the-match awards in just 26 games.

militoboro.jpg

Milito the man

In a truly exceptional season in division 1, where at times a mere handful of points separated 10 or more teams at the top, it was obvious to all that every game mattered. Prior to Spurs’ tragic capitulation, an echo of their failure in season 4 where they also faded at the last, and before the valiant charge by a seemingly unbeatable Liverpool finally ran out of steam, there were huge stakes to play for in the match-ups of the top teams. While Liverpool’s fine double over Boro came to nought, it was Boro’s equally splendid doubles over Spurs and Man City on which the title ultimately rested. Indeed, if Spurs had reversed those results they would have ended the season on 65 points versus Boro’s 62. Perhaps more surprisingly, an exceptionally strong Man City side finished the season in spectacular form to take third spot but it could have been oh so different if they’d have taken the 6 points from Boro, meaning they would have finished on 66 points to Boro’s 62. Yes, every game really does count.

If Boro’s tactical triumph over the overly transfer focus of many signals the future of competition in the upper echelons of 7046, the rise of both transfer and tactical savvy managers offers tantalising indications that the fight for the ultimate title is going to just get harder and harder. While the ascendance of division 2 champions Stoke and their old school 3-5-2 approach and Bury’s ‘steady’ 5-4-1 formation may not worry the top league’s big boys, the likes of Carlisle, Exeter, Bristol City, Charlton, Huddersfield and Leeds and their ability to mix it up demonstrates how life in the top league is going to just get harder and harder. With Boro’s aging stars, do they have what it takes to compete with the ambiguous new blood in the future? Now that is a question for another day, as for now, who cares? Boro are season 7’s division 1 champions and that’s all that matters…

englishpremierleaguetro.jpg

Divison 1 title number 2...

Harman Delighted With His Team's Effort

stanley_badge.jpg

Wayne Harman today issued a statement saying that he was very happy with the way the season has gone despite losing 2-0 in the play off semi final on Friday night to Chesterfield. Harman was quoted as saying,

Yes we lost in the play off semi final and yes we would have loved to get promoted, but we have had a great season and no one expected us to finish as high as we did, that is a credit to the players. Its a young team and this is a clear indication that the club is going in the right direction. Simon got it tactically spot on and we lost to a better team on the night.

Asked on Accrington's transfer activity now the season was over he went on,

We will look to strengthen in certain area's mainly at the back where i think we need another defender or to but its a tough market so we will see what happens there.

20121204bony.jpg.crop_display.jpg

Has Bony played his last game for the club?

Asked on the rumours about Bony's future at the club he had this to say,

Bony's a great player, but weather or not he will be here next season at the moment, honestly i don't know. He wants to play in a higher league and i understand that and if the club were to receive an offer that was to good to refuse then obviously we would have to consider.

Rovers Review issue 1

This is the first issue of our new publication. In this edition we will be talking about a player that we hope will bring a better season to the club.

Focus on CHORI CASTRO,

Personal information

Full name Gonzalo Castro Irizábal

Date of birth 14 September 1984 (age 28)

Place of birth Trinidad, Uruguay

Height 1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)

Playing position Am(LC) F (L)

Club information

Current club Bristol Rovers.

"Chori" is possibly the key signing for the club. He will hopefully bring the creativity that has been missing from our midfield, and he also will look to score a few of his own. We know that manager David Marchent was surprised to land the player, and sees him as the fulcrum of the team next season, with Two from Rinaudo, Clement, Digard and Duda completing the midfield trio, Rovers look to have a team strong enough to challenge at the other end of division four next term.

Next time we look at the man Marchent hopes will put away the chances "Chori" creates. The Argentine , Dario Cvitanich.

stevep.png

Thompson - Play off heartbreak will spur us on

grayson595.jpg

PROUD - Barnsley boss Steve Thompson is proud of his players despite losing in the play off final to Watford

Barnsley will be plying their trade in division 3 next season after their play off quest came to a crashing halt against Watford in the play off final with the Hornets winning the game 3-1 and gaining promotion to division 2.

Steve Thompson's men failed to perform on the day despite having the better side on paper and John James Watford fully deserved the win and a chance to take on the likes of Arsenal, Newcastle and Preston North End.

Thompson stuck with the same team that beat Tranmere in the semi final but they never reached the heights of that performance falling behind on 27 minutes when Swedish striker John GUIDETTI struck home from close range 1-0. It was 2-0 less than 10 minutes later when Kostas MITROGLOU got across his marker before hitting low past Eduardo.

The yellow half of Wembley was delirious whilst the red side sat stunned and the Hornets put the game to bed on 51 minutes when they made it 3-0 thanks to a second from Kostas MITROGLOU.

The Hornets celebrations were slightly soured on 56 minutes when midfielder Jorge SAMMIR received his marching orders after a strong challenge on Marko Arnautovic.

The distraught Tykes supporters were given a glimmer of hope with 73 minutes on the clock when on loan defender Martin MONTOYA fired home from 30 yards to make it 3-1 but that was as good as it got as Watford saw out the game with relative ease and book their place in the second tier of 7046.

After the game a disappointed Steve Thompson faced the press to give his reaction.

"It's a disappointing way to end the season but i am proud of my players for getting this far as nobody gave us a chance at the beginning of the season. I can't put my finger on why we didn't perform tonight we prepared well looked fit but Watford came here and showed why they were well fancied and i wish them all the best as they go on to division 2.

This result will hurt the players no doubt but we have proved we can match anybody in division 3 and we will go again next season and hopefully we can once again challenge for the title but go one better and win it. I have no plans to sell anybody only bring in fresh blood and that work will begin straight away"

Sunderland...a different story from now on

sp-chelsea-1213_zpsd7ef5805.jpg

Mata celebrating his goal.Was voted player of the year for Sunderland

It was a long,long night for Sunderland fans but it was probably one of their best nights ever and probably the best under Raz.A night which will be unforgettable for many,a night which will remain in history.The Black Cats managed to sneak the win in the play-offs against Bolton after they totally killed the opponent.Dominated the game from the start untill the end.Every single player played out of his skin tonight.It was simply an amazing game,an amazing night.Premier League football is waiting for Sunderland and Raz is prepared to take this challange.Sunderland scored the opener in 23th minute and our diamond,our gem of the crown,the spanish brain,Juan Mata scored a stunner from a free kick which gave us the 2-0 lead.It was definetly the end of Bolton as from now on The Black Cats dominated everything in the middle and did whatever they wanted on the pitch.A Mata on a top form solved this game.Sunderland created many chances but Helton was there to block them.Everything looked brilliant on the pitch,Sunderland was dominating,Sunderland fans were bouncing and waiting for the referee to end the game.A long night was ahead for Sunderland fans,a long night full with beer and champagne to celebrate.The referee ended this show offered by Sunderland but another show started on Wembley.A half of Wembley was all in red,the other one was empty.This is football..one team is celebrating in the end,the other one is crying.That's why we love football.A team was going to Premier League,a team which gave a chance to every young player,a superb team with top fans.

841f864a-ba73-48ce-8c59-18ae71c27abc_zps36dd1945.jpg

The party has started for Sunderland fans

Sunderland started a new story in Premier League.They gonna push for a top 4 spot?They gonna push for a top 10?God knows.Its a new page of history in both of PL and Sunderland's book.A new era,a new era which will be written by Sunderland's youngsters.Keep an eye on them because they worth a watch!Very unlucky manager at Bolton..Hopefully he will do it next season because he deserves it.

AFC BOURNEMOUTH GUNNING FOR GLORY

2961fd5b91dc56996b243b9bea2df8d7.jpeg

AFC Bournemouth manager Josh Harman has insisted his side will be a force next season and that they will have learned a lot from a difficult first campaign in Division 3. In preparation for next term, Harman has been hard at work in the transfer market and has managed to add some quality additions to his squad. Steven Defour, Lisandro Lopez and Simon Rolfes are among those to have joined The Cherries.

Harman had this to say on sides chances next season:

Last season i felt we lacked quality in certain areas, so it was important we improved the squad if were to push on. I think we have done that extremely well with the players we have brought in and i now think we are more than capable of challenging for promotion. Hopefully we can have a good pre-season and gain some momentum as were looking for an explosive start.

There are a lot of good sides in this league who will all have similar ideas of what they can achieve next season, its my job to make sure that come the end of the season, we have made it as tough as possible for those sides. I think we will take people by surprise next season.

FEGHOULI FAREWELL...????!!!

Still reeling from the agony of their Division 4 play-off defeat, Rotherham fans have been dealt another blow tonight as news has emerged that club captain and star player Sofiane Feghouli is set to leave the club after four and a half seasons, 136 appearances, 56 goals, 40 assists and 16 MOM awards.

The story took off when a sombre-looking Feghouli was snapped at the local airport and the picture posted to Twitter:

hamadadou-1.jpgrotherham_united.gif

A Rotherham source stated, "the club today received a massive offer for Feggers that was simply too good to refuse.

The lad has ambitions and is clearly too good for Division 4 and is keen to test himself at a higher level. Perhaps if we'd won the play-off things might've been different..... but the club felt it couldn't stand in his way.

I'm sure that the fans will be bitterly disappointed, but they have to trust the manager to use the transfer fee cash wisely and remember that sometimes you have to take one step backwards to move two steps forward."

With many pundits touting Rotherham as promotion favourites for next season the loss of Feghouli is huge, and fans can only hope that the amount he has been sold for is equally huge.....

stevep.png

Perrin leaves the cottage for Oakwell

8fb70a8805672db569c0625.jpg

MR CONSISTENT - Loric Perrin has moved to Barnsley on a permanent deal following his season long loan from Fulham

Beaten division 3 play off finalist Barnsley have began their preparations for next season early with the news that Frenchman Loric Perrin has agreed to join the club on a permanent basis. The 27 year old made 37 league appearances for the Tykes this season scoring 4 goals and the deal to bring the former Tranmere Rovers man to Oakwell is believed to be in the region of £4.1 million.

Perrin was signed by Fulham boss Dom Latouche back in October 2012 but failed to make a single appearance for the Cottagers resulting in the successful loan move to Barnsley where he played an integral part in the Tykes 3rd place finish in division 3. The Frenchman list Stockport County and Tranmere Rovers as his former clubs.

A delighted Perrin spoke to the clubs official website moments after inking his 2 season contract.

"I am delighted to be joining the club permanently and can't wait for next season. Losing in the play off final was tough for us all but the club did magnificently to get that far in it's first season and i am pleased to get the chance to help challenge again.

I have to say thank you to my old boss Dom Latouche for allowing me to join Barnsley and i wish him and Fulham nothing but the best for the future"

logo-web.png

HUGH LATIMER EATEN ALIVE BY GREAT WHITE SHARK !!!!

jaws-590x321.jpg

Latimer tries to fight off the Great White.

photo.jpg Ken Livingstone Writes.. The soccer world was in a state of shock tonight following news that legendary footballing cleric and one time Shorpe boss Hugh ( are you there Jesus?) Latimer has died after a horrific attack by a great white shark whilst conducting baptisms on a Johannesburg beach. Despite a truly unremarkable career in the lower reaches of the bottom division, Latimer became synonymous with the controversial movement for soccer purity and was widely credited with the destruction of the 3-5-2 formation. Since the end of his tenure at Glanford park and a short spell at Brighton the inspirational Latimer has shunned the footballing limelight instead choosing to embark on a worldwide crusade to spread the 'anti 3-5-2' footballing gospels. Following a successful Asian conversion campaign which saw over 4000 new footballing souls enrolled in the Godly against soccer heresy ( G.A.S.H) movement, 96 year old Latimer had recently embarked on the second leg of his crusade in Africa. Sadly after barely a fortnight on the dark continent disaster struck earlier today when a shocked crowd saw Latimer swept from shore by the huge creature of the deep. Twenty five year old beachcomber Sibusiso Ndebele witnessed the attack and told reporters..

I was doing my early morning walk along the beach and had stopped to listen to what the crazy old white guy was saying to the waiting crowd of disciples. I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying what with the noise coming from the mobile pipe organ and tambourines, but I recall he was shouting something about soccer salvation and the work of the Lord. He must have been well into it all because he didn't hear my warning shouts as I noticed this bloody great fin coming towards him from the sea. I started to run towards him but was stopped by the crowd , who by now were chanting and clapping in time to the music when suddenly I saw this huge mouth rear its head out of the water and snatch him in mid sermon. Man I've never seen a shark that big, it must have been a 30 footer as it almost swallowed him whole. Still I must say for a man of his age he put up a tremendous fight and as he tried to beat the Great white off with his crucifix for a moment I thought he was going to break free. Sadly it wasn't to be and as the Shark dragged him under I clearly heard him shout '' keep praying Brothers and Sisters'' to the crowd of disciples who responded by cheerfully waving back and singing another chorus of what a friend we have in Jesus.

Africans-and-religion.jpg

Before the attack- converts arriving at the beach

Reaction to the news of Latimers demise was mixed, upon hearing the news Liverpool boss Dan Malone paid tribute to Latimer by saying '' its a sad day, Hugh was a wee bit eccentric but his heart was in the right place, still it goes to show you that you can never trust a Great white, me I hate the bloody things''. Fulhams Dom Latouche and one time disciple of Latimers went further '' I can't believer he has gone, he changed my life forever and everything I have achieved I owe to him, i'm so emotional at the moment''. Middlesbrough boss Jooles Dawson was less complementary '' Wow what a season, first the title and now this.. Latimer was a crank, but now he is dead instead would you like to see my new trophy?''. Dawsons words were echoed by long term Latimer target Man Utds Simon Pluto who quipped '' Ha, Latimer was a total loon, he made my life hell, i'm glad to see the back of him. I only wish I could have been there in person I would have shook the sharks hand or to be precise its flipper''

LIVERPOOL DITCH THE BRAZILIAN AND OPT FOR A HERR-FLICK

This+Is+Anfield.jpg

thomas-muller.jpg

MULLER-TIME

In a sensational end of season transfer Liverpool have announced that a part-exchange deal has been agreed to offload Brazilian left-back Viera Marcelo to Manchester United for German Thomas Muller, I am sad to see Marcelo go but as I am a long time admirer of Muller the deal will be great for the club, I wish Marcelo all the best at Man United.

Deal is subject to both parties passing medicals but looks pretty much a done deal as both managers have agreed the deal.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwRy-lfQPDgjlsZluMvyclHksAkAZpYIuiuaoXm2iwzIVD_7XQ

OFF TO PASTURES NEW

Liverpool are willing to listen to offers for Alonso & De Jong, any deal would have to include a left back, we would also be willing to use some of our youth in deals.

Y.N.W.A

Former QPR manager Froz3n looking to get back into work after 2 years away

mark_hughes_789471c.jpg

Mr. Froz3n was controversialy sacked by demanding QPR chairman Al Rahamani Sar Farah Kulazam De Torekashan after a three month spell in summer of 2011, Despite beating Derby 4-0 and Ispwich 7-0 days before. Since then furious Froz3n hasn't been seen in the country and sources say he's been away enjoying life in Amsterdam with his girlfriends Yolanthe and Ramona.

yolanthe-cabau-van-kasbergen-gallery.jpg

Yolanthe-Froz3n's mate

Right now Froz3n's agent says he's looking to get back into management, and will take any job available, although bookies already favorited him with a few:

Shorpe 1/6

QPR: - 4/6

Cardiff - Evens

Leyton Orient - 12/1

Tottenham 14/1

Blackburn Rovers 18/1

Sunderland 20/1

Middlesbrough 33/1

Tranmere 66/1

Manchester United 100/1

Manchester City 1500/1

Liverpool 2500/1

West Ham 5000/1

Will we see Froz3n in the football horizon again soon remains to be seen...

stevep.png

Arnautovic takes top gong

147416hp2.jpg

TOP AWARD - Marko Arnautovic took the top award at Barnsley's play of the year awards

Division 3 surprise package Barnsley capped of their memorable season with their annual player of the year awards bash. The Dickie Bird suite at Oakwell was the venue for the lavish ceremony with local hero and former England fast bowler Darren Gough the Guest host and rock group Saxon also Barnlsey exports providing the entertainment with such hits as Demin and leather.

A number of awards were given out on the night but the main award the official player of the year was given to Austrian winger Marko Arnautovic. Below is the full awards list.

Barnsley FC official player of the season

Marko Arnautovic

markoy.jpg

season 7 stats

Apps - 34 (1)

Goals - 13

Assist - 15

Players player of the season

Steven Pienaar

pienaaru.jpg

Season 7 stats

Apps - 34(4)

Goals - 14

Assist - 6

Young player of the season

Abdelhamid El Kaoutari

47032494.jpg

Managers player of the season

Marko Arnautovic

markoo.jpg

One for the future

Bailey Wright

wrightg.jpg

Stockport_County_FC.png

Bravo.Romeo.Alpha.Zulu.India.Lima

CR12 Looking To Make His Mark

After several false starts, Stockport County have stumbled to an underwhelming finish of 12th in Division 4. Even though the Hatters claimed some notable scalps in Swindon and Dagenham (both were promoted), the fans saw this as Stockport's breakout season. Instead, the Brazilians will have to go back to the drawing board, and manager Seth Lark sent a huge message with his first transfer dealing.

Júlio CESAR has completed his move to Walsall from Stockport County for 8,000,000

Being a huge Inter and QPR fan, the future of Stockport's #1 was always uncertain under Fulham fan Lark. The goalkeeper did have some fine performances, but he also let his team down to an equal extent, A 0-4 loss to Gillingham, where he made 0 saves was the low point. Despite such inconsistency, Division 3 champions Walsall made a move for the Brazilian international, to which in-debt Stockport obliged.

The goalkeeping revolution would then continue...

Ramos CÁSSIO has completed his move to Stockport County from Corinthians for 423,000 plus Marcelo GROHE

Stockport's #2 GK Grohe also left for his homeland, as young Cassio Ramos came in. The Brazilian's ventures into Europe have been far from successful, between PSV and Northampton the 6 foot 5 stopper made the bench his new home. These unflattering runs have not discouraged the American manager, who'll give the hardworking keeper his due. Fans were mixed on the switch of goalkeeper, but CR12 responded by doing what he does best: keeping Division 1 Exeter at bay in a goalless draw. 3 days later, when Stockport hosted Cardiff, Cassio did what Grohe failed to do: keep a clean sheet. With the help of CR12 and his back 4, the hosts piled more misery on the wooden spoon visitors with a 2-0 win.

cassio_ramos_com_o_trofeu_0846c709dfa90d7779ebb0bdba557b0a_Campeao%20mundial%20(10).jpg

CR 12 raising his Golden Ball trophy as the best player in the FIFA Club World Cup.

Stockport fans are now looking forward to visiting Stamford Bridge. Cassio cost Chelsea the FIFA Club World Cup with a series of great saves, helping his former team Corinthians to a famous 1-0 victory. These are early days, as friendlies do not tell the whole story about a team. However, if Stockport can keep another clean sheet against Chelsea, the only bench Cassio will need is a workout bench.

Couple of transfers done

CESAR, Bruno AM(RLC) 24 88 from Milton Keynes Dons for £8.5M

ERDING, Mevlüt F© 26 89 from Ipswich Town for £5.0M and Y.GOUFFRAN

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR00C1HqaHKy6UqQSpqU7rNeNQvmjCvl4EYdeab1m-iryIJUZIm

SHORPE BIDS FINAL FAREWELL TO LATIMER.

23293_100176103360280_4765_q.jpg Bill Werbinuk Writes...It was emotional evening in Shorpe tonight as the faith based football community said farewell to its most favoured of sons as recently deceased Hugh ' thats my lot ' Latimer was laid to rest in a commemorative cremation in the cities Normanby Hall Country park. Latimer who died mid sermon on Wednesday night after being part consumed by a Great White shark during a footballing gospel tour of South Africa, was known to frequent the park during his time as Shorpe boss, and its open tranquil spaces provided a fitting back drop as the final resting place for the inspirational soccer cleric. Despite the ferocity of the shark attack , South African coast guards were able to retrieve some of Latimers badly chewed remains rumoured to include an arm, a left shin bone and two thirds of his right buttock . Unfortunately despite a long helicopter case, they were unable to retrieve what was believed to have been his head as it was carried off by a passing seagull.

With the typically appalling bank holiday weather soaking the huge crowds that gathered to pay their respects, members of the Godly against soccer heresy ( G.A.S.H) provided a guard of honour for their fallen leader as they carried him through the multitude of weeping mourners to his final resting place atop of a 30 foot high funeral pyre. Seen among the crowds were several notable figures from the showbiz world including pop sensation Alvin Stardust, dame Cliff Richard and hilarious comedy duo Richard de-Courcy and a distraught Nookie the bear.

news_detail_480_800_cea31e434f73a31b3f08e77f53a714c1.jpg

Ernie Borgnine

After an evening of reflective prayer and psalm singing it fell to Sheffield United manager Ernest Borgnine to address the crowd. In a final pre-torching tribute, and wearing what appeared to be a 1950's Russian gas mask, the heavily muffled but clearly emotional Borgnine summed up the sadness of the evening perfectly as he declared...

..Hugh Latimer was one of those rare figures who possess an almost God like ability to inspire and shape events. His selfless commitment to the cause of soccer purity shines like a beacon to not only us but also future generations of football coaches, managers, players and supporters. Whilst he may have upset some with his unfailing honesty , he at all times delivered his joyous message with a divine clarity that transcended the physical and captured the very souls of those he preached to. No other man has done more to shape the way we now play the game and as we prepare to say our final farewell to our brother Hugh let us remember him by recounting one of his best loved sermons, the parable of Dibdab...

......twas many years ago in the land of Canaan, Dibdab the handsome of the Girgaes was wandering lost, when he entered a deep forest which marked the land of the Zemarites . Fighting through the thick brush and surrounded by the howls of the forest beasties he chanced upon a tree house high up in a mighty oak. After climbing the tree and knocking on the door he was greeted by an ancient Zemarite man with a bent back and long grey beard. ''I am Jobbie of the Zemerites , what brings you to my door, handsome stranger?''."I’m lost," said Dibdab. "Can you put me up for the night?" "Certainly," the Zemarite said, " the good lord has taught us to be welcoming hosts, but be warned stranger the Good Lord has also taught us of the dangers of Sin and to cower before his almighty wrath. Come to my house as a friend on but one condition. If you so much as lay a finger on my daughter Chlamydia, the Lord will inflict upon you his fearful revenge not once, not twice but trice''. "OK," said Dibdab, and entered the house of Jobbie.

Chlamydia came down the stairs. She was young and slim of thigh, curved of buttock, fulsome of breast, and her beautiful flaxen hair shone as bright as all the heavens stars.. Serving a meal of cumin, lentils and Fig broth she was obviously attracted to the young man, and as that sat and ate she couldn’t keep her eyes off him as he spoke to her father. Remembering the old man’s warning Dibdab keep his word and ignored her advances and after eating went up to bed alone. During the night he could bear it no longer and snuck into her room for a night of passion and repeated sowing of his warm and ample seed. Dibdab was careful to keep everything quiet so the old man wouldn’t hear and, near dawn, he crept back to his room, exhausted but happy.

Later he woke to feel a pressure on his chest. Opening his eyes he saw a large rock on his chest with a note on it that read: " Gods revenge 1.... Large rock on chest." ''Well, that’s pretty rubbish'' thought Dibdab. ''If that’s the best the Lord can do then I don’t have much to worry about'', as laughing to himself he picked the boulder up, walked over to the window and cast it out into the dawn air. As he did so, he noticed another note on it that read: "Gods revenge 2: Rock tied to left tessticle." In a panic Rabhab glanced down and saw the rope that was already getting close to taut. Figuring that a few broken bones was better than castration by force of gravity, he jumped out of the window after the boulder. It was only then as Rabhab plummeted towards the forest below he saw a large sign on the ground that read "Gods revenge 3.... Right tessticle tied to bed post.".... amen

bonfire%5B1%5D.jpeg

Ignore the fools,concentrate on work

BriansPic003.jpg

Dom driving to first Fulham game

Recently Dom Latouche(that's his name?) has attacked Raz once again.What's wrong with him?He feels it,he feels that Sunderland and all his rubbish statements are coming after him in next season.He has to cover behind a few words,he has to hide.He only knows to talk...to accuse.Let the facts to talk.Saying his usual rubbish about my strategies in transfermarket?What's wrong with this pal?Crazy or Jealousy?Maybe both.It's a lot better anyway...he's a dead wood in pretty much everything.Like the title says...ignore the fools and concentrate on work.On a serious note,tomorrow Sunderland's fans are voting for Awards of the year(player of the year/young player of the year).Players already voted but the club will announce all those things tomorrow in Halftime pub at a meet with the fans.The whole XI will be there,including the new signings and the players which are in Sunderland already but yet to sign the contract.There are a few surprises but let's wait and see.

FULHAM-hc-BANNER.png

Evra joining Fulham!

Today the football world has been shocked with Evra leaving the most successful team in england to join the Fulham revolution. At 32 years old Evra is not a normal latouche signing , Hes not a young LB with potential , hes not a young LB that is a risky buy but Evra is one of the best LB's around and has been an intergal part of the manchester united success.

Yes we are spending 21 million on Evra which is a massive sum but for a good player like him and he will be a great model to Luke and Davide. He has won title after title after title while this isnt a short term signing as he is out for 3 months but he should still be at the top level for at least 3 years and by that time Luke should be ready to step in. I know its a lot of money to spend on a 32 year old but a 93 who is safe and should be around for a while yet then im happy to spend it :D
I know the rumors will be rife with speculation on Luke ' date=' Corriea and Davide. I can confirm Luke will be staying and continuing his development with is and will leave under no circumstances! Davide is a talented talented boy and of course I want him to stay but if he is unhappy we can arrange a loan deal or sell him for a VERY VERY good offer! Corriea is a different story he is a very talented player but his time at LB for us is over and since we can not give him starts I will be looking to move him on but if I dont get any interest we can think about converting the lad to a winger [/quote']

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv8fan66BMFz4s6e7XfP6MqMMngb5lRKkLooY29zjHqAM-Ri40sg

LITTLE DICKIE LEAVES BLADES

370771_100003972057224_608852931_q.jpgJudah Ben Hur Writes...A ruthless Ernie Borgnine has proved to be as good as his word, after the mysterious Sheffield United boss continued his promised cull of his recently relegated squad with the announcement of the departure of veteran center back Ricardo Carvalho. The 34 year former Portuguese international is set to leave the club after tonight agreeing personal terms with Spanish giants Real Madrid in a deal reported to be in the region of seven million pounds. Carvalho affectionately known as ' Lttle Dickie' by the Bramall lane faithful is the latest in big names to leave the Blades and follows in the footsteps of unsettled Eyetie Marco Borriello and German Miroslav Klose. Before leaving the club for ambitious Walsall, the ageing Klose laughed off suggestions that he was past his prime by declaring..

Ach Nien. You Englanders will find zat due to mien superior Teutonic approach to zee fitness, I have many a season left at zee highest of levels. A combination of iron villed determination unt a disciplined diet of bratwurst, fermented cabbage unt zee occasional helping of spanferkel allows me to continue train at zee maximum efficiency unt protects mien perfect German body against injury unt diseases. Unlike you Tommies who eat to much of your roast rindfleisch unt zee fish unt zee chips I remain zee perfect specimen of health.

Serie-A-match-report-Lazio-2-1-A-S-Roma-last-minute-Klose-strike-seals-derby-win-2nd-half-report-104691.jpg

Spanferkel fan Klose

With the departure of Klose and co, Borgnine certainly appears to be signalling his attention for the future as in an end of season spending spree he has continued to bolster his youth squad with the arrival of five new faces. Defenders Tasos Papazoglou and Matteo Darmian arrive from Olympiacos and Torino respectively , with Tenerifes young striker Suarez Omar Walsall duo Panagiotis TachtsIdis and Nascimento Rhayner.